PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma school shooting plot prevented by police

mrsat_98
12-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Hours before a gunman opened fire at a Connecticut elementary school, police in Oklahoma arrested a teenager for allegedly plotting to attack his high school and trying to recruit classmates to help him.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/15/police-arrested-teen-plotting-attack-on-oklahoma-school-just-hours-before-newtown-shooting/

itshappening
12-15-2012, 06:59 PM
there's going to be copycat shootings as the deranged try to "outdo" Lanza.

Teachers should be armed and ready.

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 07:02 PM

What?!?!?! Guns on school grounds is what created this problem!!!!!!! /sarc

mrsat_98
12-15-2012, 07:07 PM
this was prevented ( read instigated ) prior to Sandy Oak elementary.

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Amen. And in fact, in the society we live in, you never know when or where someone is going to attack. (i.e. movie theaters, schools, malls, stores, your home) Everyone should be armed and ready. It's sad to say that you should always be on alert but now days you really never know. Some people are fucking lunatics.

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Just what if you happened to be carrying in that theatre in Aurora or someplace where they forbid guns and posted it clearly as you entered? Say you pulled your gun as he started capping people, you shot him, and took him down. The "how many can we blame" media turns on you. Now the authorities are charging you with numerous felonies. Can't you just see the media? You're not a hero, you're the James Holmes killer. "Were your actions reckless endangerment? Should you be charged with murder as well? Or worse, you miss and injure or kill somebody else. If you survive the ordeal, you might wish you were dead when you face murder charges from the State and a never-ending civil case nightmare from the family of the victim. They are creating a future that eliminates the concept of a hero + gun unless that "hero" has a badge. That is the true enemy we are facing.

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Just what if you happened to be carrying in that theatre in Aurora or someplace where they forbid guns and posted it clearly as you entered? Say you pulled your gun as he started capping people, you shot him, and took him down. The "how many can we blame" media turns on you. Now the authorities are charging you with numerous felonies. Can't you just see the media? You're not a hero, you're the James Holmes killer. "Were your actions reckless endangerment? Should you be charged with murder as well? Or worse, you miss and injure or kill somebody else. If you survive the ordeal, you might might wish you were dead when you face murder charges from the State and a never-ending civil case nightmare from the family of the victim. They are creating a future that eliminates the concept of a hero + gun unless that "hero" has a badge. That is the true enemy we are facing.
Very true. However in the instance of a man shooting random people, fuck what endangerment charge or financial liability you may face. Pick your target wisely, check for anyone who may be caught in cross fire, and engage. Oh, and once the threat is neutralized put your gun down before the police arrive and mistake you for a threat summarily executing you. I would hope that there is enough of us to raise the money for legal defense and restitution.

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I agree. It does seem to me that they are deviously eliminating most of the situations that a civilian could make a difference to such a tiny degree that they are accomplishing two things. People will decide it's not worth carrying a gun with such narrowly defined legal uses for it and people carrying in that situation will be too fearful of the consequences of breaking one of the myriads of regulations to use it. With all the "think tanks" and commissions at their disposal, there's a reason why they always seem to be one step ahead of the people.

ClydeCoulter
12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
I agree. It does seem to me that they are deviously eliminating most of the situations that a civilian could make a difference to such a tiny degree that they are accomplishing two things. People will decide it's not worth carrying a gun with such narrowly defined legal uses for it and people carrying in that situation will be too fearful of the consequences of breaking one of the myriads of regulations to use it. With all the "think tanks" and commissions at their disposal, there's a reason why they always seem to be one step ahead of the people.

Yea, just stop the perp. If you can save lives then maybe yours will be worth it if you get cap'ed by the cops. At least you know you did the right thing and maybe noone else will, but you do. I live by that in other decisions, so that kind of decision would not be any different. I'm not looking to be famous, just to do what I believe is right, for my own sanity. I'm sure you and many others on here are also.

satchelmcqueen
12-15-2012, 10:16 PM
i work in a school and trust me.....we all need to be armed but are not allowed.

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2012, 10:44 PM
I worry that people are going to lose it as we approach the 21st, and go into 'go out with a bang' mode.