PDA

View Full Version : The day 69 school children died.

Anti Federalist
12-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Hat tip to RPF members GunnyFreedom and Carson.

The day 69 children died

LONDON: It is one of the worst incidents of the entire drones campaign, yet one of the least reported. A CIA strike on a madrassa or religious school in 2006 killed up to 69 children, among 80 civilians.

The attack was on a religious seminary in Chenegai, in Bajaur Agency.

CIA drones attacked on October 30, flattening much of the school. Their target was reportedly the headmaster, a known militant. According to some reports, there was also a token late contribution to the assault by Pakistani military helicopters. But dozens of children were also killed, the youngest aged seven.

Veteran journalist Rahimullah Yusufzai, speaking to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism from Peshawar, recalls visiting the village just after the strike: “People were devastated. I met with a father who had lost two children. He was very patient, talking of how God must have willed this, but he was clearly traumatised.”

Initially the Pakistan Army claimed that it had carried out the bombardment, even as shops and offices closed across the region and protests spread. But as the scale of the attack unfolded, the story changed. The Sunday Times carried a report from a key aide to then-President Pervez Musharraf stating: ‘We thought it would be less damaging if we said we did it rather than the US. But there was a lot of collateral damage and we’ve requested the Americans not to do it again.’

A week after the attack, a local English newspaper published the names and home villages of 80 victims. Sixty-nine were reported as children aged 17 or under. According to the paper’s sources,

Snip...

The rest is here;

http://tribune.com.pk/story/229844/the-day-69-children-died/

aGameOfThrones
12-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Apples and Oranges.

GUN vs DRONES.

If it had happened with a gun it would be a tragedy, but it was a drone freedom strike, so it was justified.

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 06:37 PM
"A CIA strike on a madrassa or religious school in 2006 killed up to 69 children, among 80 civilians.....we’ve requested the Americans not to do it again."

You've requested this? Did you fill out a petition at whitehouse.gov? We wonder why our government thinks it can stomp around the globe with impunity. This "tolerance" they have just might have something to do with all the money our taxpayers give them every year......

Kotin
12-15-2012, 06:42 PM
I actually was going to post something of the same nature... we are the biggest motherfucking hypocrites as a country to say what a tragedy this and for Obama to say "they had their whole lives ahead of them" whilst engaging in the largest-scale murder effort that claims the lives of countless children every year..

I guess those kids were going to be terrists' so its cool. FUCK THIS GOVERNMENT.

alucard13mmfmj
12-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Cool... We killed 1 terrorist and now we made a few dozen new terrorists.

mrsat_98
12-15-2012, 06:53 PM
I guess those kids were going to be terrists' so its cool. FUCK THIS GOVERNMENT.

If they where gonna be terrorist they should have gone to work for the US government, better benifits.

Agorism
12-15-2012, 06:54 PM
This one should be front page

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2012, 07:04 PM
"A CIA strike on a madrassa or religious school in 2006 killed up to 69 children, among 80 civilians.....we’ve requested the Americans not to do it again."

You've requested this? Did you fill out a petition at whitehouse.gov? We wonder why our government thinks it can stomp around the globe with impunity. This "tolerance" they have just might have something to do with all the money our taxpayers give them every year......
"Initially the Pakistan Army claimed that it had carried out the bombardment..... We thought it would be less damaging if we said we did it rather than the US. But there was a lot of collateral damage and we’ve requested the Americans not to do it again."
Smdh.. taxpayer money indeed. (for both the strike and coverup)

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2012, 07:09 PM
A few dozen? I'd suspect that entire region hates the U.S. with a passion. Hell, imagine our country's feelings if a bomb killed 60+ students here. Our entire country would be 'terrorists.' Not to mention 'collateral damage' occurs over there almost twice a week. Trust and believe that the pictures of blown up children aren't as censored (not shown and discussed) there as they are here. Who knows what group will foment out of this evil.

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 07:18 PM
A few dozen? I'd suspect that entire region hates the U.S. with a passion. Hell, imagine our country's feelings if a bomb killed 60+ students here. Our entire country would be 'terrorists.' Not to mention 'collateral damage' occurs over there almost twice a week. Trust and believe that the pictures of blown up children aren't as censored (not shown and discussed) there as they are here. Who knows what group will foment out of this evil.

I can see the 9/11 "survivor" Rudy Giuliani reading this somewhere and still being confused. "I still don't understand this concept! These crazy Ron Paul people sound as incoherent as those terrorists!"

idiom
12-15-2012, 07:19 PM
2006 makes it Bush, not Obama.

Anything like this that is more recent?

Kotin
12-15-2012, 07:24 PM

don't you think that is a bit unimportant considering obama has continued and even expanded this drone program?

TheTexan
12-15-2012, 07:26 PM
I actually was going to post something of the same nature... we are the biggest motherfucking hypocrites as a country to say what a tragedy this and for Obama to say "they had their whole lives ahead of them" whilst engaging in the largest-scale murder effort that claims the lives of countless children every year..

Fuck this government? Fuck the people in this country. Some woman told me that I'm selfish and have no compassion for others for being against the welfare state, and just moments before she had absolutely *zero* sympathy for the children who are getting killed in Pakistan.

I point this out and she predictably huffs and puffs and storms off.

Carson
12-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Hat tip to RPF member Carson.

Actually I saw it in a GunnyFreedom post earlier.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?398554-How-many-kids-has-Obama-killed-with-drone-strikes/page2

Carson
12-15-2012, 07:32 PM

Good point.

Still they seem synonymous (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/synonymous).

Anti Federalist
12-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Actually I saw it in a GunnyFreedom post earlier.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?398554-How-many-kids-has-Obama-killed-with-drone-strikes/page2

Well hell, I owe a national debt of rep to Gunny, so what's another, amirite?

Thanks for pointing that out.

VoluntaryAmerican
12-15-2012, 08:31 PM
69 ... dead ... children... in a school...

Oh, Middle Eastern children.

Those don't count for the lame stream media.

idiom
12-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Anyone here watching Homeland? It could have been written by an RPFer.

donnay
12-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. The sad thing is that most of the lukewarm Christians I talk to have no problem with killing those little brown children that one day might become a terrorist. I literally get nauseous when people make excuses for the unjust murdering of others in undeclared wars abroad.

TruckinMike
12-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Cool... We killed 1 terrorist and now we made a few dozen new terrorists. They are not stupid, thats exactly what they want.

heavenlyboy34
12-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, those kids got the shit liberated out of them, eh? :( :mad:

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2012, 10:21 PM
don't you think that is a bit unimportant considering obama has continued and even expanded this drone program?
Twenty five for George Bush, and 241 for Obama as of the last time I tallied. (12/03/2012)

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Anyone here watching Homeland? It could have been written by an RPFer.
Since you put it that way, I might have to start watching.

shane77m
12-15-2012, 11:48 PM
I shared this article on Facebook with and Obama supporting cousin of mine. Obama supporter logic just blows my mind. He doesn't see any problem with Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama is a sick bastard.

A quote from that cousin about the article:
"muslim propaganda ......panty wearing bunch of sissys .....WAR IS HELL ....there will be collateral damage ...."

tangent4ronpaul
12-16-2012, 12:11 AM

If this BS was going on in the USA, you would see a bunch of US parents strapping on some suicide bomber vests for some payback!

-t

heavenlyboy34
12-16-2012, 11:03 PM
I shared this article on Facebook with and Obama supporting cousin of mine. Obama supporter logic just blows my mind. He doesn't see any problem with Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama is a sick bastard.

A quote from that cousin about the article:
"muslim propaganda ......panty wearing bunch of sissys .....WAR IS HELL ....there will be collateral damage ...."
You might respond with something along the lines of "what war? I only see violent occupations going on over there". :toady:

Nirvikalpa
12-16-2012, 11:05 PM
"We can't tolerate this anymore."

Dark_Horse_Rider
12-16-2012, 11:17 PM
"We can't tolerate this anymore."

was just going to post the same
:cool: