PDA

View Full Version : No good deed... 10 yr. old strip searched by principal.

phill4paul
12-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Strip Search Of 10-Year-Old Prompts Complaint Against Elementary School

The parents of a 10-year-old boy have filed a complaint against his elementary school for allegedly conducting a strip search of the boy for lost money.

Justin Cox, Teresa Holmes, Union Elementary School, WRAL TV

Clinton, N.C. (CBS CHARLOTTE) – The parents of a 10-year old Union elementary school student have filed a complaint against the school for strip-searching their son to find an allegedly stolen $20 bill.

In a complaint filed against assistant principal Teresa Holmes on Dec. 6, the family of Clinton, N.C., fifth-grader Justin Cox allege their son was ordered to remove his socks, shoes, pants and shirt so the principal could conduct a manual search for a $20 bill that was inevitably found in the cafeteria.

Holmes defended her actions saying that several other students and a few other faculty members told her the money was missing and they had seen the fifth-grader dive below the table for it. The court filing states that Holmes told the boy “he left her no choice and that she had to search him,” when the boy pulled out his pockets and didn’t produce the allegedly stolen money.

She then told the boy that she was “within her legal rights to do so.”

The court documents state that Justin went under his lunch table to retrieve money dropped by a passing female student. After returning the found money to the girl, Holmes – who was in the cafeteria during the commotion – was told that there was still $20 missing and Justin told her he did not have it.

When Justin was ordered to her office with a custodian witness, Holmes allegedly put her fingers inside the waistband of his undershorts, and ran her fingers on his bare torso.

She told the 10-year old that she had the authority to search him “because teachers and other students thought Justin had the money.”

However, another teacher came into the office at the same time and said that the money had “miraculously” been found on the floor of the cafeteria.

Holmes defended her actions after the fact, telling WRAL-TV, “Any staff member who has ever worked with me knows that I care for my students and that even when I have to discipline them, I love them.”

Holmes hugged the boy and apologized, but Justin’s mother says this is not enough.

“I was furious,” said Clarinda Cox, Justin’s mother.

“If I felt he needed to be searched, I would have brought him into the bathroom,” she said Monday.

“You could have had a witness in the bathroom with me. I would have searched my son.”

Cox told WRAL that, with or without an apology, her son was violated.

“She came up to him and rubbed her fingers around inside of his underwear,” Cox said. “If that isn’t excessively intrusive, I don’t know what is.”

The December court complaint against Holmes states that Justin was deprived of his constitutional rights barring unreasonable search and seizure.

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/strip-search-of-10-year-old-prompts-complaint-against-elementary-school/

Danke
12-15-2012, 03:49 PM

“If I felt he needed to be searched, I would have brought him into the bathroom,” she said Monday.

“You could have had a witness in the bathroom with me. I would have searched my son.”

Thanks for your support and trust in me mom, oh btw, I'm putting you in a home when the time comes, I ain't wiping your ass.

presence
12-15-2012, 03:51 PM
"he left her no choice and that she had to search him”
“within her legal rights to do so.”
“She came up to him and rubbed her fingers around inside of his underwear”

you did what bitch?

Cutlerzzz
12-15-2012, 03:53 PM
In a few years he'll have fond memories of that day.

heavenlyboy34
12-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Strip Search Of 10-Year-Old Prompts Complaint Against Elementary School

The parents of a 10-year-old boy have filed a complaint against his elementary school for allegedly conducting a strip search of the boy for lost money.

Justin Cox, Teresa Holmes, Union Elementary School, WRAL TV

Clinton, N.C. (CBS CHARLOTTE) – The parents of a 10-year old Union elementary school student have filed a complaint against the school for strip-searching their son to find an allegedly stolen $20 bill.

In a complaint filed against assistant principal Teresa Holmes on Dec. 6, the family of Clinton, N.C., fifth-grader Justin Cox allege their son was ordered to remove his socks, shoes, pants and shirt so the principal could conduct a manual search for a $20 bill that was inevitably found in the cafeteria.

Holmes defended her actions saying that several other students and a few other faculty members told her the money was missing and they had seen the fifth-grader dive below the table for it. The court filing states that Holmes told the boy “he left her no choice and that she had to search him,” when the boy pulled out his pockets and didn’t produce the allegedly stolen money.

She then told the boy that she was “within her legal rights to do so.”

The court documents state that Justin went under his lunch table to retrieve money dropped by a passing female student. After returning the found money to the girl, Holmes – who was in the cafeteria during the commotion – was told that there was still $20 missing and Justin told her he did not have it.

When Justin was ordered to her office with a custodian witness, Holmes allegedly put her fingers inside the waistband of his undershorts, and ran her fingers on his bare torso.

She told the 10-year old that she had the authority to search him “because teachers and other students thought Justin had the money.”

However, another teacher came into the office at the same time and said that the money had “miraculously” been found on the floor of the cafeteria.

Holmes defended her actions after the fact, telling WRAL-TV, “Any staff member who has ever worked with me knows that I care for my students and that even when I have to discipline them, I love them.”

Holmes hugged the boy and apologized, but Justin’s mother says this is not enough.

Cox told WRAL that, with or without an apology, her son was violated.

“She came up to him and rubbed her fingers around inside of his underwear,” Cox said. “If that isn’t excessively intrusive, I don’t know what is.”

The December court complaint against Holmes states that Justin was deprived of his constitutional rights barring unreasonable search and seizure.

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/strip-search-of-10-year-old-prompts-complaint-against-elementary-school/
:eek: Ick. WTF? :mad:

Keith and stuff
Even if in fact the search was legal or whatever, in today's PC world a male should have searched the boy. Isn't that how the TSA does it? Male on male action and female on female action?

liberty2897
In a few years he'll have fond memories of that day.

You must have had higher quality principlals than I did.

Seriously, I feel sorry for the kid. This is not right at all. Hopefully he has the personality type that can shrug these kinds of things off.

Anti Federalist
12-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Look for this to expand tenfold in the wake of the CT shooting.

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Even if in fact the search was legal or whatever, in today's PC world a male should have searched the boy. Isn't that how the TSA does it? Male on male action and female on female action?
Say what? I'll take my molestations from the female kind thank you.

heavenlyboy34
12-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Say what? I'll take my molestations from the female kind thank you.
Considering the type of "female" TSA tends to attract, it may not really matter. :/ http://jmflaw.com/chicago/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tsa-breasta.jpg Good luck to you, though. Maybe you'll get a more attractive molester.

kathy88
12-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Man. Not that I wish that on any of our kids but WHY wasn't it one of our kids? We wouldn't stop until it was a national viral issue front and center. This mom will probably stfu for 10 grand.

KCIndy
12-15-2012, 04:51 PM
so the principal could conduct a manual search for a $20 bill that was inevitably found in the cafeteria.

Aaaaggh!! The word should be "eventually." (yeah, yeah, I know.... :rolleyes:)

Sounds like the sort of "lovin'" that can get most people suspended or prosecuted.

KCIndy
12-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Considering the type of "female" TSA tends to attract, it may not really matter. :/ http://jmflaw.com/chicago/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tsa-breasta.jpg Good luck to you, though. Maybe you'll get a more attractive molester.

Hey! Look, everyone!! Roseanne Barr is groping Jennifer Aniston! :D

heavenlyboy34
12-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey! Look, everyone!! Roseanne Barr is groping Jennifer Aniston! :D LOLZ :D

Brett85
12-15-2012, 05:15 PM
I don't think I'd mind all that much as long as the principal was a female. But I guess it would depend on what she looked like. :)

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't think I'd mind all that much as long as the principal was a female. But I guess it would depend on what she looked like. :)

As I find myself pondering this deeply I am amazed at how testosterone attempts to short-circuit our logic systems every time.

tttppp
12-15-2012, 06:28 PM

I think that's how its done, but maybe its just me, but I prefer a female patting me down.

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Why didn't somebody pull a twenty out of their wallet or purse and say, "Here's the "missing" twenty. Will this solve the problem?"

tttppp
12-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Man. Not that I wish that on any of our kids but WHY wasn't it one of our kids? We wouldn't stop until it was a national viral issue front and center. This mom will probably stfu for 10 grand.

Its not easy winning cases like this. Sometimes if you are lucky enough to be offered money, you take it. I know from experience most lawyers want nothing to do with civil rights cases even if they are open and shut cases.

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 06:40 PM
I think the point she is making is no amount of money could get us loudmouth liberty people to shut up about this kind of loathsome behavior, which is what the American public needs, a REALLY loud wake up call in their ears.

Henry Rogue
12-15-2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.conservativedailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/HorribleKids.png?_cfgetx=img.rx:400;img.ry:250;
I'll consent to search if I get to choose the teacher.v
http://losersbracket.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tilfs-so-hot-teacher_a2.jpg

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I see your point, the glasses make a big difference.:D

SewrRatt
12-15-2012, 07:19 PM
In other news, the principal was hired by the TSA and given a raise.