PDA

View Full Version : A (Farewell) Message From Congressman Roscoe Bartlett

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2012, 05:53 PM
He's actually not my congress critter, I'm just on his mailing list. He was a decent critter. He'll be missed.

Dear Mr. Tangent:

As you may know, starting January 3rd I will not be returning to Washington D.C. as the representative of Maryland's Sixth District in the United States House of Representatives.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the great privilege of being elected to serve as your Representative for the past 20 years. I believe that I am one of the luckiest members of Congress because you allowed me to vote my conscience on your behalf for policies that I believe are in the best interests of our country. During my time in office, I was able to nominate hundreds of outstanding young men and women who accepted appointments to attend our nation's Service Academies, including 144 in the last five years alone. I am glad that I was able to contribute to their education and the service they have given to our country. I am also grateful for the opportunity to have helped thousands of residents who encountered difficulties with federal government programs, including Social Security benefits, the Internal Revenue Service, Veteran benefits, care for our wounded warriors and other important programs. As a confidential advocate on their behalf, I worked to get them the best possible customer service from our government, if not the desired resolution of their problem. One of my greatest honors was the opportunity to represent you and our nation and personally thank wounded warriors and veterans for the sacrifices that they made to protect and preserve the freedom and liberties that we are privileged to enjoy as Americans. Thank you.

It has been an honor to serve you!

Sincerely, Roscoe Bartlett
Member of Congress