PDA

View Full Version : BBC told to put more gay presenters on children's TV

itshappening
12-14-2012, 07:43 AM
And people say the left don't have an agenda ?

-
BBC told to put more gay presenters on children's TV to 'familiarise' youngsters with different sexualities

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/14/article-2247981-04511A8A0000044D-775_634x424.jpg

The BBC should have more gay presenters and characters on children's TV, a report has concluded.

This could mean following ITV's lead in using personalities such as former Big Brother star Brian Dowling, who presented SMTV Live on Saturdays for two years.

The BBC was called upon in the report to ensure that audiences are 'familiarised' with different sexualities 'from an early age'.

The study claimed that lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) people are still 'relatively invisible' across the media.

It said that it was important to help validate the feelings of gay children by 'incorporating representation within programming for children who are going through their formative years'.

Demonstrating positive experiences and outcomes will stop LGB children feeling isolated, it said, particularly in rural areas.

The report commissioned by the broadcaster, which drew on audience surveys and nine 'LGB experts', concluded that all genres of programming should regularly feature non-heterosexual people, with news and drama currently the biggest problem areas.

Of BBC News, the study claimed that too much time was given to 'homophobic' viewpoints.

'As a public service broadcaster and a standard bearer on moral issues, the BBC is asked to reconsider the way in which it is perceived to set up these debates with two extreme perspectives and to be more creative and nuanced in its presentation,' wrote Clare Luke of Solitaire Consulting, who produced the report.

For dramas and soaps, she recommended bolder storylines featuring gay characters, while documentaries were deemed to need more LGB presenters and portrayal of gay people in history.

As for comedy, the report concluded that the 'biggest risk' was LGB people being the focus of a joke.

This was judged as only truly acceptable when the comedians themselves were gay.

The report drew on a survey of around 3,000 viewers, in which one in five heterosexual men said they thought there were too many LGB people on BBC television.

More than one in ten people said there were uncomfortable with the portrayal of gay, lesbian and bisexual people in the broadcast media.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247981/BBC-told-gay-presenters-characters-childrens-TV-familiarise-young-people-different-sexualities.html#ixzz2F28irNYU

Origanalist
12-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Nuke your tv.

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2012, 08:10 AM
one in five heterosexual men said they thought there were too many LGB people on BBC television.

More than one in ten people said there were uncomfortable with the portrayal of gay, lesbian and bisexual people in the broadcast media.

It's basically impossible to work with these numbers as one is heterosexual men and the other is all people.

But basically, 20% of the viewing audience thinks there are too many gays on and might change the channel.
10% of the viewing audience are so turned off by gays on tv that they will likely change the channel or hit the off switch.

Now they are pushing for MORE gays on the screen.

With that kind of business model, they are lucky they are a government monopoly and can charge their customers at government gunpoint. Otherwise, they would go bankrupt!

one of the comments mentioned that only between 1 and 2 % of the population is gay.

-t

FindLiberty
12-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Nuke your tv.

It's much safer to just leave it disconnected from its 120 VAC 60Hz power source.

Edit: (...that's actually the 240 VAC 50Hz Mains power source for those BBC "TV taxpayers".)

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2012, 08:17 AM
It's much safer to just leave it disconnected from its 120 VAC 60Hz power source.

OH! - so that's what I did wrong...
:D

-t

jkr
12-14-2012, 08:56 AM
but sir!
we ran out, they all work for the guBBermint!

pochy1776
12-14-2012, 09:06 AM
I hope Smart3 makes his condescending comments.

jmdrake
12-14-2012, 09:06 AM
I hope Smart3 makes his condescending comments.

LOLz

itshappening
12-14-2012, 09:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbJfRe6iGlo

cbrons
12-14-2012, 10:41 AM
England is a basket case country now-a-days anyway, who would want to live in such a decrepit garbage can.

mport1
12-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Excellent, hopefully it will lead to greater acceptance.

pochy1776
12-14-2012, 12:36 PM

How? Why do we have to accept them?
And is that you Stephan?

idiom
12-14-2012, 02:50 PM
BBC is the only channel I know of that seems to actively hire persons with severe speech impediments as anchors.

Sola_Fide
12-14-2012, 02:55 PM

Acceptance in what way?

idiom
12-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Acceptance in what way?

That setting gays on fire just isn't a long term solution.

FreeHampshire
12-14-2012, 03:59 PM
The freaks come out of the woodwork.

Sola_Fide
12-14-2012, 04:43 PM
That setting gays on fire just isn't a long term solution.

Who is proposing this and where is this happening? Somewhere in the UK?

idiom
12-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Who is proposing this and where is this happening? Somewhere in the UK?

Its pretty traditional worldwide.

Aratus
12-14-2012, 05:04 PM
during ww2 noel coward did some morale boosting appearances and films for the Allied cause.
i have not seen a biography of his that delves into any affairs with the opposite sex at all...
odds are the BBC has already hired "gays" in the past with a private life like the late playwrite.

Sola_Fide
12-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Its pretty traditional worldwide.

Worldwide? Where?

The only place in the world presently where homosexuals are killed for being homosexuals are in Islamic countries.

FreeHampshire
12-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Homosexuality is accepted in Islamic countries but not as 'homosexuals.' Imams are known pedophiles and openly french kiss men. Indonesian muslims often cross-dress and engage in 'alternative lifestyles.' But for whatever reasons this isn't considered "Homosexuality" by these barbaric cultures.

idiom
12-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Worldwide? Where?

The only place in the world presently where homosexuals are killed for being homosexuals are in Islamic countries.

a) The word I used was 'traditional'. If you are claiming that Europe and America have never had violence against homosexuals then I really can't be bothered arguing that one.

b) Arguing that nobody in the western world has been killed in the past fifty years for being gay would be a trivial exercise to disprove, but given you could even hold such a position in the first place I can't imagine I could sway your vision of the world.

mport1
12-14-2012, 08:07 PM
How? Why do we have to accept them?
And is that you Stephan?

Accept that homosexuality is fine, and stop the discrimination. No, this isn't Stefan.