PDA

View Full Version : New Group to Target: Doctors

iladelphxx
11-21-2007, 05:33 AM
I read this piece, which provides an accurate Paul Bio and then goes into great length about Paul's stance on Health Care reform.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/PublicHealthPolicy/Campaign08/tb/7444

Here is an excerpt, maybe we can use this for a Slim Jim to promote him to Doctors:

Health care positions

Dr. Paul's views on health care resonate with many physicians angered at declining Medicare reimbursements, and threats of more, and what they perceive as increasing meddling into their practices by government and insurers.

He blames most health care woes on government intervention, particularly the HMO Act of 1973 that required employers to offer their workers HMO coverage, and the tax code that allows business, but not individuals, to deduct the cost of health insurance premiums.

"The root of the problem with health care is that government polices encourage excessive reliance on third-party payers," he said. "That removes all incentive from individual patients to concern themselves with health care costs. As long as somebody else is paying the bill, the bill will be too high."

Similar to the plan proposed by President Bush and endorsed by most other GOP candidates, Dr. Paul favors a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for every cent patients spend on health care premiums. All medical expenses would be tax deductible and Dr. Paul favors expansion of health savings accounts that individuals could use to pay for expenses.

Dr. Paul introduced a bill to provide a tax credit for patients to purchase "negative outcomes" insurance prior to surgery or other serious medical treatments. "This novel approach guarantees that those harmed receive fair compensation, while reducing the burden of costly malpractice litigation."

Recently, he also introduced the "Treat Physicians Fairly Act," legislation providing tax credits to physicians and hospitals to pay for the costs of providing uncompensated care imposed on them by the federal government.

He opposes any legislation that increases the Food and Drug Administration's legal powers. "The FDA has consistently failed to protect the public from dangerous drugs, genetically modified foods, dangerous pesticides, and other chemicals in the food supply. Meanwhile, they waste public funds attacking safe, healthy foods and dietary supplements."

Dr. Paul opposed the Homeland Security Bill, which authorizes the forced vaccination of American citizens against smallpox. "The government should never have the power to require immunizations or vaccinations," he said.

Dr. Paul opposes abortion, believing that "life begins at conception and that children in the womb are entitled to inheritance rights." He favors returning the abortion issue to the states "so that local opinions could better determine the specific regulations concerning this deeply personal issue."

me3
11-21-2007, 07:40 AM
//

ronpaulfollower999
11-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Ron Paul could easily get the doctor support since he's a doctor.

evadmurd
11-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Ron Paul could easily get the doctor support since he's a doctor.

Don't give them so much credit. I know several that are planning to vote for Hillary or Obama. Intelligence in one are doesn't translate to business or politics.

Primbs
11-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Many doctors vote for dems who then go on to cut their surgical fees in half.

Many doctors do not know about Ron Paul. We need to get the word out. Doctors work 60 hours a week and have little time to follow politics.

I have been surprised by the lack of doctor support.

Blowback
11-21-2007, 12:12 PM
My mom is a retired doctor (she now teaches at a community college). She hates universal healthcare obviously just because it is so freaking stupid. She is really starting to like Paul. I haven't been able to get her to the point of activism yet though. Working on it...

Doctors need to stand up and be counted in my opinion. Not enough of them are standing up against universal healthcare and all of the BS government involvement in healthcare. It's time for them to start walking the talk.