PDA

View Full Version : Boehner-Apologist: GA Rep. Lynn Westmoreland not a fan of A-holes (us)

nobody's_hero
12-13-2012, 08:26 AM
hxxp://www.peachpundit.com/2012/12/13/a-southern-take-on-those-leadership-purges/comment-page-1/#comment-344382

(link broken because the guy who runs this blog is an asshole himself, I'd rather not give him the traffic, to be honest)

Here's Lynn Wesmoreland's (GA-3) comments during an interview with CQ Roll Call:

“I couldn’t help but kind of speak up for the steering committee and the leadership,” he told CQ Roll Call in a phone interview after the meeting.

“What I tried to explain to them was, it didn’t have anything to do with your voting record, a scorecard, your work across the street or anything else. It had to do with your ability to work within the system and to try to work. And to be, I guess, constructive in things. And I said, ‘I guess you could say it was an asshole factor,’” Westmoreland said. “Now I wasn’t calling any member in particular an asshole, I was just trying to describe an environment where some people that you’re trying to work with, they just don’t want to work within the system.”

Westmoreland later expressed regret for using that language, saying, “Maybe I should have used ‘obstinate factor’.”

My conclusion: Westmoreland is full of ****.

This is what we're up against in Georgia.

Here's an article from RollCall:

Full article at link: http://www.rollcall.com/news/obstinate_factor_continues_to_roil_gop-219926-1.html?pos=hln

Rep. Lynn Westmoreland of Georgia, a staunch conservative who sits on the Republican Steering Committee that made the decision to remove the lawmakers, said he became increasingly angry while listening to the discussion and ended up providing the most detailed defense yet for the decisions.

He thinks he became angry? LOL. He ain't seen nothing yet.

Westmoreland later expressed regret for using that language, saying, “Maybe I should have used ‘obstinate factor.’”

The steering committee reviewed a spreadsheet listing how members voted on key bills. But Westmoreland said that information was not a deciding, or even important, part of the consideration.

“Look, if we kicked people off of committees based on the information that was given, I wouldn’t be on an ‘A’ committee. There are several people in the steering committee that wouldn’t be on ‘A’ committees,” Westmoreland said.

He also praised Rep. Walter B. Jones of North Carolina specifically. “I love Walter Jones; he’s one of the nicest, most sincere, honest people up here,” Westmoreland said.

Jones, the lone moderate among the four lawmakers removed from their committee assignments, came under fire from leadership for criticizing the GOP from the left.

Well, I like Walter Jones too. He is a nice guy. So apparently 'being nice' and dissenting was criteria for removal too. Wait! See a pattern? Ah yes, you're not allowed to go against leadership.

Huelskamp, Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan and Rep. David Schweikert of Arizona have been accused of being difficult to work with.

And they may very well be some of the few left standing after 2014 elections, if the grassroots has anything to say about it.

angelatc
12-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, going along with leadership wasn't why we went them there.

LibertyEagle
12-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Huelskamp, Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan and Rep. David Schweikert of Arizona have been accused of being difficult to work with.

In other words, they weren't voting the way that the establishment told them to vote.

GOOD.

The hubris being shown now by these establishment jerks is astounding. They don't even care who sees what they are doing anymore.

angelatc
12-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Politics aside, I think anybody would agree that Boehner comes across as a much bigger ass than any of the guys that lost their assignments. Heck, Boehner is a bigger ass than 99% of the population - that's why he's viewed as a strong leader.

nobody's_hero
12-13-2012, 09:16 AM
I feel kind of queasy agreeing with Erick Erickson (RedState) but he does a pretty good job of nailing the big points here:

The present leadership of the Republican Party has gone from making the case that government is the problem and the American people are the solution to making the case that Democratic controlled government is the problem and Republican controlled government is the solution.

By giving up on making the case that government is the problem and pivoting to “Democrats are the problem,” the Republican Party has failed the American people. Historically, when parties lost, their leadership went and hid for an appropriate amount of time under a rock after an acceptance of blame and a resignation.

The present Republican leaders in Washington, instead of hiding under a rock, have taken to standing on the rock and demanding conservatives self flagellate. Neither John Boehner nor Mitch McConnell are visionaries. They are survivors. They survive by recognizing the biggest threat to them and trying to befriend it or neutralize it.

Right now, both see conservatives as their biggest threat, not Barack Obama. Why? Because while Barack Obama maintains the White House, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell maintain their positions of power. They exist for power, not for vision. The visions they articulate are routinely backpedaled. Remember the pledge to nowhere the House Republicans concocted in 2010 as a second coming of the Contract With America? Within two months of returning to the majority they’d already ditched their pledge faster than a frat boy fleeing a one night stand. Only conservatives wish to hold them accountable for their breach of trust, thus conservatives are the threat.

Full: hxxp://www.redstate.com/2012/12/13/the-republicans-have-failed-the-nation/

(Red-state always seems to have some crazy site issues, I rarely ever go there but sometimes the web-page stops responding, or I get 'security certificate' alerts, or popups that don't go away when you click to close window)

LibertyEagle
12-13-2012, 11:33 AM
^^ That was pretty darn good.

oyarde
12-13-2012, 01:15 PM
It is not easy being an asshole , but somebody has to do it . I have been one since at least the 60's, so it is natural for me .

cbrons
12-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Rep. Lynn Westmoreland of Georgia, a staunch conservative[/B] who sits on the Republican Steering Committee that made the decision to remove the lawmakers, said he became increasingly angry while listening to the discussion and ended up providing the most detailed defense yet for the decisions.

“I couldn’t help but kind of speak up for the steering committee and the leadership,” he told CQ Roll Call in a phone interview after the meeting.

Staunch conservative, indeed. These people are utter hypocrites, liars, and fools. They love the system, they love the status quo. Their main problem with Obama's plunder is that he didn't invite them along to share the loot. So now that they're rebuilding their own Republican version of the pirate ship, they want the non-plunderers and non-hypocrites to walk the plank. "Staunch conservative." ROFL.