PDA

View Full Version : MI GOP - Back To The Stupid

angelatc
12-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Fresh off their Right to Work economic victory, the Republicans are anxious to prove they're still the same clueless idiots underneath it all.

They've introduced a new Emergency Manager bill, which is interesting only to Michiganders at this point...and an abortion bill. DOn't get me wrong, I'm pro-life, but this bill has this clause written in it:

The law also bans telemedicine for advising patients on birth control or other reproductive health issues, meaning women would be required to visit a doctor to get a prescription for birth control medications.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121213/POLITICS02/212130378#ixzz2Eui5YUbG

Seriously?

Keith and stuff
12-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Damn, I was hoping MI was turning around. It is stuff like this that Democrats spent 10s of millions talking about and hurt Republicans in some of the swing states in the November elections.

amy31416
12-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Thanks for all the info, Angela. People want fewer abortions, but make it difficult for poor women to get birth control--makes perfect sense.....in Michigan.

tod evans
12-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Thanks for all the info, Angela. People want fewer abortions, but make it difficult for poor women to get birth control--makes perfect sense.....in Michigan.

Why certainly....... Apparently the Mich. GOP wants more welfare babies..