PDA

View Full Version : Stop the insanity:

ronpaulyourmom
11-21-2007, 04:38 AM
To those who overdid it...

To those who turned a friendly competition into a trash-talking, mean-spirited opportunity to demoralize people who chose to believe (falsely or not) in their candidate and who put their hard-earned money behind him.

To those who decided to digg some story to the front page of digg.com calling Huckabee's fundraising a miserable failure and then linking to a spoof site.

To the very, very small number of people who accused Thaddeus, the guy who helped organize their 20th fundraising drive, as being a paid shill and denigrating his efforts and that of the thousands of Huckabee supporters who rallied with him.

To the one or two jackasses who went over to their forums and rubbed in our relatively narrow win.

To those who tend to do these sorts of things often.

To all those people who played a major role in turning yesterday into a clusterfu*&...please, for the love of whatever, just chill the heck out. Thanks.

Danny Molina
11-21-2007, 04:41 AM
Yeah, I can't stand Huckabee at all.

But you are 100% correct. Very classless guys.

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Considering we couldn't digg our own stories we wanted to 20 posts, I doubt it was anyone here. lol. I read some of the diggs comments, they were made to look us bad too. "paulturds". There are other campaigns.

Although I would be greatly saddened if anyone took away from the Huckabee campaign what was theirs by character attacks, I'm also recognizing that you are proposing to do the same thing here. We accomplished something yesterday by going from zip to full steam in less than 9 hours, not even using all our supporters who weren't even contacted, and we have an ad appearing today. Why are you posting this at 5am in the morning and before that? I won't debate you in consideration of that, although what you said easily deserves it because its overbroad, misdirected at the wrong forum (you said this all occurred on other sites), and generally accuses people who had nothing to do with it at the moment they did something good.

Neo189
11-21-2007, 05:20 AM
I agree.

We need to work together, and be nicer to supporters of our opponents. If anything, we can debate them in politics or something, and try to convert them to our cause, but shouting insults towards them is going to do much more damage to our campaign than anything else could by alienating potential supporters, and pissing everyone off.

Don' be childish, guys. This is too important of an election.

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 05:25 AM
I agree.

We need to work together, and be nicer to supporters of our opponents. If anything, we can debate them in politics or something, and try to convert them to our cause, but shouting insults towards them is going to do much more damage to our campaign than anything else could by alienating potential supporters, and pissing everyone off.

Thank you post number one. I read the threads on here yesterday, they were very positive. Did you? Most of them ENCOURAGED huckabee. The rest were just excited. Oh wait, I forgot, I was suppose to read some other forums but come here to talk about it?

DJ RP
11-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Anybody who thinks insulting ANYBODY helps our cause is dead wrong. Insulting people NEVER helps the cause... NEVER EVER EVER. It'll make you feel good in the moment, but it's terrible strategy in the long run.

Kill people with kindness. I'm telling you. If you disagree with somebody you absolutely must come armed with facts and make your arguments IMPERSONAL.

Betlittling people always makes them reject your opinions and cling to theirs more. ALWAYS!!!

Guys, we need people to convert to ron paul. We're not trying to "beat them" we're trying to unite people to Ron Paul. He's in everybody's best interests!

Richandler
11-21-2007, 05:46 AM
Just as I expected. Yes, people need to be more civil and show some humility winning.

You guys must not be on the right guys forums. Civil Disobedience is on of Ron Paul's favor acts and individual can do. This board sounds like a bunch of Neo-cons or Neo-libs dictating what to do half the time now. What ever happened to here is a good idea that will votes, here is quick way to raise cash now. Not this we must be obedient do one this person and that person says you should do or else you only hurt the campaign. Sound just like the government we are trying to get rid of. You guys don't question others because they disagree with you. You try to control them, which is wrong.

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 05:51 AM
Anybody who thinks insulting ANYBODY helps our cause is dead wrong. Insulting people NEVER helps the cause... NEVER EVER EVER. It'll make you feel good in the moment, but it's terrible strategy in the long run.

I sure agree with that sentiment. I also don't think our campaign did it. We couldn't get even 40 diggs on our own story, so I resent the blanket accusation WITH POLL AT TOP. The title of this thread is insulting, for one.

Also, I enjoyed our threads from last night on this forum, and the money we raised, I'm not going to pretend it was otherwise. It was positive.

(Oh, wait, I forget, if I challenge the fact that it was fine *here*, then I will be told I am responsible for something that went on *there*.) This thread is ridiculous, and should be removed.

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 05:56 AM
We need to work together, and be nicer to supporters of our opponents.

I know, you've made only one post so far on the forums, but just wanted to add one more comment. I think we need to be nicer to each other :)

V4Vendetta
11-21-2007, 06:07 AM
This Thread is quiet possibly the DUMBest I have seen yet....

Good Job: ronpaulyourmom

wildflower
11-21-2007, 06:29 AM

How is anything ronpaulyourmom said not true?

What is dumb is to piss people off needlessly, which causes blowback and just turns off the undecided out there.

The OP is right.

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 06:52 AM
How is anything ronpaulyourmom said not true?

What is dumb is to piss people off needlessly, which causes blowback and just turns off the undecided out there.

The OP is right.

That includes people on here, your fellow supporters, right?

How is she wrong. Well, first off, her title is wrong, and I haven't even gotten to the message. Since I already gave some examples to your question, maybe you can reread the thread. After all, I think we also should show kindness towards one another too :) We should love supporters as well as non-supporters! :)

wildflower
11-21-2007, 07:04 AM
That includes people on here, your fellow supporters, right?

How is she wrong. Well, first off, her title is wrong, and I haven't even gotten to the message. Since I already gave some examples to your question, maybe you can reread the thread. After all, I think we also should show kindness towards one another too :) We should love supporters as well as non-supporters! :)

Yes, I agree with you that. Maybe she was just frustrated though. I didn't think the OP was that rude, more like a scolding. :D

LibertyEagle
11-21-2007, 07:20 AM
I agree.

QFT

LibertyEagle
11-21-2007, 07:23 AM

To those who turned a friendly competition into a trash-talking, mean-spirited opportunity to demoralize people who chose to believe (falsely or not) in their candidate and who put their hard-earned money behind him.

To those who decided to digg some story to the front page of digg.com calling Huckabee's fundraising a miserable failure and then linking to a spoof site.

To the very, very small number of people who accused Thaddeus, the guy who helped organize their 20th fundraising drive, as being a paid shill and denigrating his efforts and that of the thousands of Huckabee supporters who rallied with him.

To the one or two jackasses who went over to their forums and rubbed in our relatively narrow win.

To all those people who played a major role in turning yesterday into a clusterfu*&...please, for the love of whatever, just chill the heck out. Thanks.

These types of things were extremely low class and do nothing to help our cause. People need to grow a brain and understand that you are smearing Ron Paul's good name when you do this. Not to mention the fact that you are frickin' WASTING all the hard-earned money some of us have donated to this campaign! :mad:

ItsTime
11-21-2007, 07:24 AM
please show proof that the people insulting others are Ron Paul supporters.

rpfreedom08
11-21-2007, 07:26 AM
damn thats what I get for not being around yesterday. Damn guys next time wait till I'm here :)

born2drv
11-21-2007, 07:34 AM
You know what, there was a time when I would have said lets be nice and respectful, but having been ridiculed/banned by so many so-called "conservative" websites/forums, not to mention all the disrespect thrown at us from talk show hosts, news media and the like, it's really taught me that in politics there is no being nice.

Huckabee is a nice guy, and the nicest of the bunch it seems, but he's still a neocon and plays along in the game just like some of his supporters do in putting down and ridiculing Ron Paul. And for what? For wanting to do nothing but restore the constitution and this great republican party and working at it tirelessly all his life. So until they start paying some respect to us I have no respect for any of them anymore.

Grandson of Liberty
11-21-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that insulting people doesn't translate too well into winning their vote. :(

That IS the idea behind a grassroots campaign, right? Reaching out to others and winning their vote? :rolleyes:

NewEnd
11-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Huckabees supporters are the closest to us. They are educated, (somewhat) and on the internet (somewhat), as opposed to say, Fred supporters, who are tv heads, and think being an actor is a good qualifier for president.

enjerth
11-21-2007, 10:57 AM
You know what, there was a time when I would have said lets be nice and respectful, but having been ridiculed/banned by so many so-called "conservative" websites/forums, not to mention all the disrespect thrown at us from talk show hosts, news media and the like, it's really taught me that in politics there is no being nice.

Huckabee is a nice guy, and the nicest of the bunch it seems, but he's still a neocon and plays along in the game just like some of his supporters do in putting down and ridiculing Ron Paul. And for what? For wanting to do nothing but restore the constitution and this great republican party and working at it tirelessly all his life. So until they start paying some respect to us I have no respect for any of them anymore.

And so, after having been ridiculed and banned, how do you feel?

a) more inclined to vote for their candidate
b) about the same
c) less inclined to vote for anyone those jerks support

I suppose there's no reason for us (supporting Ron Paul with a national average of 4-5%) to do anything more than try to win converts by feeding them the filthy truth with a glass of vinegar to wash it down.

Children commonly retaliate. It takes a mature adult to realize the vanity of retaliation.

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 07:10 PM
FYI:

The original post in this thread was used to "prove" that we 'admitted' to created a spoof site at huckabeeforums, over on their site hucksarmy about 10 minutes after it was posted over here, at 5am no less - right as our ad was appearing. Notice the user mentioned in the original post of this thread as being someone victimized ThaddeusB (never heard of him before) is actually calling us names.

I just started reading the posts over there. This is what I thought was going on when I read the first post at 5am, and after seeing this, this is what I still think was going on. But I'm pretty disgusted anyway.

http://forum.hucksarmy.com.s30274.gridserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2253

ThaddeusB
Post subject: Fake Nov20 post on digg / A new low for RonBots
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:53 am
Honorary Recruit

Sorry if this is considered off topic, but I had to post it. Somehow RonPaulBots managed to get enough others to join them in digging up a post from their fake Huckabee message board - mikehuckabeeforums.com - to get it into the popular category.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Mike_ ... URE_95_000

This is the kind of unhanded crap that gives them a (at least in this case) deserved bad reputation.

If I understand digg correctly, no matter how many people bury this now it will stay as popular, but we can at least make it clear that this has nothing to do real Huckabee supporters in the comments. Hopefully enough people will read beyond the headline to realize whata horrible underhanded trick RP extremists have played.

http://Nov20ForTheChildren.com

karti
Post subject: Re: Fake Nov20 post on digg / A new low for RonBots
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:49 am
Private

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39837
karti
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:49 am
Private

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39837

justinok
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:10 am
Lieutenant General

Thanks karti.

(Note the "proof" for we did it is the original post in this thread itself???!, and
they were made about 10 minutes apart at 5am. )

Cindy
11-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I definetely felt it went to far when I saw they digged a mean spirited article on it and linked it to a spoof site.

I was not proud to be a Paul supporter at that moment.:(

Revolution9
11-21-2007, 07:42 PM

Kill people with kindness. I'm telling you. If you disagree with somebody you absolutely must come armed with facts and make your arguments IMPERSONAL.

Betlittling people always makes them reject your opinions and cling to theirs more. ALWAYS!!!

Guys, we need people to convert to ron paul. We're not trying to "beat them" we're trying to unite people to Ron Paul. He's in everybody's best interests!

This is not entirely correct..but if you think you pwned somebody with ad hominem attacks yer giving yerself way too much credit. If you honed in on some baragrugous idiot who was obviously a total asshat and made him a laughing stock by his own words and by universal principle..then you have bragging rights. But until then..simmer down.. YOUR exploits are not worth chrionicling. And please..who gives a good goddamn what some backwater yokel screaming misanthropic dejections of their diseased mindwarps onto your local AM radio station for they are not to be suffered and leave you trepidating in your footwear. These are mealy mouthed blowhards who earn a dollar for every ear tuned in..good or bad.. if they piss ya off tune them out and they will be hanging drywall or selling junk cars for a living.

best Regards
randy

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 07:43 PM
I definetely felt it went to far when I saw they digged a mean spirited article on it and linked it to a spoof site.

I was not proud to be a Paul supporter at that moment.:(

Whats the likelihood that someone is making a broad unproven accusation over here with the title "stop the insanity" (which I've already responded to when it was first made to sufficiently show there is no proof made in them and the facts tend to show otherwise) at 5:38am and using the same post of 5:38am to "prove" it over there at 5:49am.

Neither posts have any facts to prove that, and they are circular in nature!!!

ronpaulyourmom
11-21-2007, 07:53 PM
FYI:

The original post in this thread was used to "prove" that we 'admitted' to created a spoof site at huckabeeforums, over on their site hucksarmy about 10 minutes after it was posted over here, at 5am no less - right as our ad was appearing. Notice the user mentioned in the original post of this thread as being someone victimized ThaddeusB (never heard of him before) is actually calling us names.

I just started reading the posts over there. This is what I thought was going on when I read the first post at 5am, and after seeing this, this is what I still think was going on. But I'm pretty disgusted anyway.

http://forum.hucksarmy.com.s30274.gridserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2253

BeFranklin, I am karti, and I made this thread after poking around over there and finding links to things such as the digg article that made the front page. I made the thread to impress my feelings upon the board and see how others felt, and I posted it over there 10 minutes later as a way of repairing burned bridges when the results started to show that most people agreed with me.

I'm not trying to prove anything about the fake forums linked in the digg article, and I made no claims as to the owner of those boards. I simply said that the digg article that was made linked to the spoof site. Whoever started the digg article to me is mostly irrelevant, because the facts are that it got 400+ diggs and made front page. Circumstantially speaking, we can imply that over-zealous supporters from this board, dailypaul, digg, and wherever else are responsible for those diggs.

There's no conspiracy here. Go ahead and check my post count, thanks.

born2drv
11-21-2007, 07:57 PM
And so, after having been ridiculed and banned, how do you feel?

a) more inclined to vote for their candidate
b) about the same
c) less inclined to vote for anyone those jerks support

I suppose there's no reason for us (supporting Ron Paul with a national average of 4-5%) to do anything more than try to win converts by feeding them the filthy truth with a glass of vinegar to wash it down.

Children commonly retaliate. It takes a mature adult to realize the vanity of retaliation.

I'll never stop supporting Ron Paul. The way they've treated our supporters is only to their detriment since they will alienate us. I'm more inclined to vote for Hillary then I am Rudy at this point in time just to see the republican party go down in flames and be completely overhauled for 2012.

I don't think I went too far at anytime against the Hucksters.... so I called them Huckaboobies, so what? :) They call us Paulites, Paultards, etc... My point being, when they start paying some respect to us I'll be more inclined to do the same. The neocons have tried to marginalize us from day 1.... if the Hucksters can't stand the heat then maybe politics is the wrong hobby for them because when you support an underdog, politics is especially ugly.

Doc Dewey
11-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Both hucksarmy and us Ron Paul supporters are passionate about our candidate.
A little friendly competition between the grass root campaigns is good for both
groups. We are both underdogs and don't receive funding from the multinational corporations, banks, and special interest groups like clinton and julie annie.
Maybe with a little more dialog we can convince them that freedom is better
than war.

If you don't want to get stung
Stop hitting the hive!!

Ron Paul 08

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 08:22 PM
BeFranklin, I am karti, and I made this thread after poking around over there and finding links to things such as the digg article that made the front page. I made the thread to impress my feelings upon the board and see how others felt, and I posted it over there 10 minutes later as a way of repairing burned bridges when the results started to show that most
people agreed with me.

I'm not trying to prove anything about the fake forums linked in the digg article, and I made no claims as to the owner of those boards. I simply said that the digg article that was made linked to the spoof site. Whoever started the digg article to me is mostly irrelevant, because the facts are that it got 400+ diggs and made front page. Circumstantially speaking, we can imply that over-zealous supporters from this board, dailypaul, digg, and wherever else are responsible for those diggs.

There's no conspiracy here. Go ahead and check my post count, thanks.

There is no need to call me a name (conspiracy-ist). I thought you where karti, and I was right.

I think you owe the Ron Paul supporters on this board an apology. There was no discussion on this forum about making a digg article linked to a satire site. So there was no need to call any of us "insane". The implication of your title "Stop the insanity" was that many of us on this forum, or at least a few, were responsible for the allegations you made but there is no discussion of doing that on this forum. There was also no facts to show any Ron Paul supporters anywhere else did that either.

Also, I think you owe an apology to the people at hucksarmy too, because your statements and title, along with the poll at the top - (which probably made it seem official), became a proof over there without being a proof, and since you used two different names for both threads, probably not obvious.

And I won't think any worse of you for appologizing either :)

Cindy
11-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Whats the likelihood that someone is making a broad unproven accusation over here with the title "stop the insanity" (which I've already responded to when it was first made to sufficiently show there is no proof made in them and the facts tend to show otherwise) at 5:38am and using the same post of 5:38am to "prove" it over there at 5:49am.

Neither posts have any facts to prove that, and they are circular in nature!!!

I was reading at hucks army last night when it was slow here curious about how their money bomb was going.

They posted a link to the digg article, links to juvenile posts here and many other not so nice opinions of Paul supporters.

I saw it for myself and read thier comments about what the "paulites" were posting about them here.

Not cool.

Like someone said, if we view them or any candidates supporters as a team to compete and win against, how do we ever expect to convert anyone?:confused:

The candidates are competing amongst themselves for ALL of our votes. We can help Paul get his message out OR spend time, making potential Paul supporters hate us, and not want to support Paul, because they do not want to be asscociated with us.

This is serious at the end of the day. Whoever wins is Commander in Chief from Jan. 2009 until Jan 2013.

It's time to quit screwing off making enemies and we need to work even harder at making new friends, every where we go.

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 10:40 PM
They posted a link to the digg article, links to juvenile posts here and many other not so nice opinions of Paul supporters.

I saw it for myself and read thier comments about what the "paulites" were posting about them here.

Not cool.

It's time to quit screwing off making enemies and we need to work even harder at making new friends, every where we go.

It sure wasn't. I read a lot of those horrible posts over there about us (ronbots and paulturds too), and really thought it was the kettle trying to call the pot black, except the pot wasn't black.

We need to start supporting other supporters of Ron Paul, not cuss or swear at them, and not say its ok that other campaigns do that to us. Sure they are going to cuss at us anyway, but lets make sure we at least don't to other supporters.

Remember, support other Ron Paul supporters :) Give them a smile and hug, not a word :)

FYI: In the interest of best intentions, here is Huckabee's official video congratulating
themselves after reaching their campaign goal. Since some of Huckabee's supporters
accused us of gloating on their forums and over here, I think we should all watch it
and try to understand how someone else might feel :)

h ttp://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.Home
Look under title: Thanks to you, we reached our goal.

kutibah
11-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Although I do not support attacks, nor participated in yesterday's "Bonanza", I just wanted to mention how CNN mentioned yesterday and today that Obama has been rising in the polls simple because his "Attacks work". Just something to think about (although I hope Ron Paul can win without any of this nonsense)

Ron Paul Fan
11-21-2007, 10:59 PM
I like how we're the mean spirited ones when they're the ones so filled with hate that they support preemptive war and want government to force good morals on people. I personally don't go trolling on other sites, but I did bask in the glory of our victory yesterday. It helps to boost morale and it was exactly what we needed during a lull. I can only continue to set a good example for others to emulate, but I'm not gonna force my goodness on others like hucksarmy preaches. And I don't feel sorry at all for Huckabee supporters because they advocate far worse and more scary things than trolling on a message board.

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 11:40 PM
I like how we're the mean spirited ones when they're the ones so filled with hate that they support preemptive war and want government to force good morals on people. I personally don't go trolling on other sites, but I did bask in the glory of our victory yesterday. It helps to boost morale and it was exactly what we needed during a lull. I can only continue to set a good example for others to emulate, but I'm not gonna force my goodness on others like hucksarmy preaches. And I don't feel sorry at all for Huckabee supporters because they advocate far worse and more scary things than trolling on a message board.

Forgot to add one thing to previous post - some smiley's! : ;):p;):D:rolleyes:
Since some of Huckabee's supporters
accused us of gloating on their forums and over here, I think we should all watch it
and try to understand how someone else might feel :rolleyes:

h ttp://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.Home
Look under title: Thanks to you, we reached our goal. LOL!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

DahuiHeeNalu
11-21-2007, 11:42 PM

I Agree...Stop blaming us!

James R
11-21-2007, 11:47 PM

Ron Paul supporters who go to the Huckabee forums are damaging our vote with Huckabee supporters if Ron Paul wins. Just like if Huckabee supporters went over here and trashed Ron Paul, I'd have a more negative opinion of Huckabee supporters and Huckabee himself.

As for the messages about Huckabee here yesterday, they were easy for me to ignore and the Huckabee people should have ignored them too.

As for the competition us vs. them, it inspired more money for Ron Paul, and more money for Huckabee. Especially Huckabee though because he is far more desperate for money. We are just running slightly under for a month while waiting for Dec 16th.