PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Hosts Laugh at Michigan Governor Right To Work

VoluntaryAmerican
12-12-2012, 08:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1N8eKb4n9oI

FreeHampshire
12-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Can Joe Scarborough switch over to the Democratic Party already and get it over with?

nobody's_hero
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Well, the governor has a point. Unions have pretty much been running on reputation rather than results. If the union were able to present something of value for joining (and no, I don't really consider giving workers such high raises that companies get pissed off and move overseas, as something of value), then they ought not have to worry.

But I think what we're witnessing is unions getting angry because they're no longer guaranteed that every single person on earth who wants to work will also have to join a union or lose their job after 90 days. The gravy train is slowing down.

muh_roads
12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
When a company goes under, who picks up the tab for the pensions to continually be paid out? AIG?

Cleaner44
12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
I am in AZ and it is a right to work state and it is fantastic. Unions should be voluntary. End.

supermario21
12-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Joe voted for Ron Paul in his primary I believe. I'm trying to discern whether he's a libertarian or a New England Rockefeller type, he sends mixed messages. Had a conservative voting record in the House though.

Ben Bernanke
12-12-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't know much about Snyder, but he was absolutely on point there.

Liberals get so caught up in protecting unions, they forget the only reasons unions exist are to protect the worker!

LibertyEagle
12-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Joe voted for Ron Paul in his primary I believe. I'm trying to discern whether he's a libertarian or a New England Rockefeller type, he sends mixed messages. Had a conservative voting record in the House though.

Yeah, that's what he SAID. Of course, that is after he made fun of Ron Paul all the way through the campaign.

In my opinion, Joe is bought and paid for. I trust him far less than I do Glenn Beck, if that tells you anything.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2012, 09:43 PM
MSNBC doesn't even try to cover it. Commie news all the way.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-12-2012, 09:56 PM
The Governor actually made a lucid and factual point. Kudos to him. He sounds like the only adult in that room.

angelatc
12-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Apparently, needs to define "value proposition" to MSNBC.

VoluntaryAmerican
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
MSNBC doesn't even try to cover it. Commie news all the way.

OH!

That's what the C stands for.

2young2vote
12-12-2012, 11:54 PM
I've been somewhat impressed with Snyder as governor. Although there are several things that are not pro-small government, he has also helped pass laws that positively impacted the average person and business. Legalizing fireworks, not requiring a helmet while driving a motorcycle, eliminating price labeling on every item, and now this. It will definitely reduce the amount of money that unions receive. I even have an accounting professor who is forced to pay union dues. He says the only thing he does with the union is go to the annual Free Lunch, because hey "I might as well get something out of it." If he can he'll definitely be one to opt out.

angelatc
12-13-2012, 12:01 AM
I've been somewhat impressed with Snyder as governor. Although there are several things that are not pro-small government, he has also helped pass laws that positively impacted the average person and business. Legalizing fireworks, not requiring a helmet while driving a motorcycle, eliminating price labeling on every item, and now this. It will definitely reduce the amount of money that unions receive. I even have an accounting professor who is forced to pay union dues. He says the only thing he does with the union is go to the annual Free Lunch, because hey "I might as well get something out of it." If he can he'll definitely be one to opt out.

I hear you, but don't forget he added the pension tax, by-passed the legislature on the bridge, and is trying to get a new gas tax passed. He's probably about the best we were going to get in Michigan, but he's certainly not one of us.

Kodaddy
12-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Bizarre ... Unions upset because there are people benifitting on the backs of their effort...sounds a lot like taxpayers upset with welfare recipients benifitting on the backs of their effort... Only, taxpayers don't have a choice if they want to be taxpayers or not...we have become a very stupid country...
For Christmas I wish that stupidity was painful and made you sterile...