PDA

View Full Version : Rand Pac Email - Egypt

RonPaul25
12-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi recently attempted to seize absolute power and impose Sharia Law on the Egyptian people.

As a result, massive protests and violence have erupted all across Egypt.

And how did the Obama Administration respond?

By agreeing to send 20 F-16 fighter jets to Egypt as part of the $1 BILLION in U.S. taxpayer dollars that are sent overseas for so-called "foreign aid."

Yes, I will repeat that!

The Pentagon handed over $213 million dollars worth of F-16 fighter jets to a Muslim Brotherhood-led government hell bent on imposing Sharia Law on Egypt.

it's this type of insanity I tried to prevent a few months ago when I led the fight to end foreign aid to anti-American regimes!

But as I'm sure you remember, I was mocked by some of my Republican colleagues for attempting to stop taxpayer dollars from flowing to our enemies overseas.

A Republican Senator from Arizona even called my bill "incredibly foolish."

Now that same colleague of mine is suggesting we withhold foreign aid to Egypt because they're on the verge of becoming an Islamist state.

What with the freaking about Islamic law. Sounds a bit like Santorum. I agree we should cut all aid to everyone, but what does Shariah law have to do with it

CaptLouAlbano
12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
What with the freaking about Islamic law. Sounds a bit like Santorum. I agree we should cut all aid to everyone, but what does Shariah law have to do with it

If I recall, Rand has stated something to the effect that we need to cut aid to all, but at the very least we should start by cutting aid to countries that are in outright opposition to us. It's an incremental approach, and makes sense. It's a lot easier to get people thinking about cutting aid to a country like Egypt because of what is taking place there, versus trying to convince people we need to cut aid to Poland. Start with the obvious ones and then go from there.

RonPaul25
12-12-2012, 05:33 PM
I understand all that, and its a smart way to sell the idea, I just think the Shariah law stuff is a bit below his level

angelatc
12-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I think that's sort of....a lie.

July
12-12-2012, 06:08 PM
I understand all that, and its a smart way to sell the idea, I just think the Shariah law stuff is a bit below his level

It's important because one moment they are crying for more aid to prevent extremism...but then they end up handing it over to the extremists, who then use it oppress their people or commit terrorist acts, eventually requiring the US to go back in to overthrow the regime. And the cycle repeats over and over.