PDA

View Full Version : Video: Univ Of Kentucky Student vs The Cops

angelatc
12-12-2012, 11:33 AM
The Daily caller has the whole story. Apparently the police were responding to a complaint that somebody was pouring liquor from a dorm window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=4X3VZ9NLL3Q

Yes, the guy is a jerk. But he is in the right. University policy does not support the cop's assertion that they're allowed in. http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/12/dorm-room-raid-goes-viral-at-university-of-kentucky-school-investigates-video/

The comments are scary, but predictable. According to Republicans that post at TDC, he should have had his ass kicked for not complying with law enforcement. But I am happy that I am not the only freedom lover in the comments. :)

specsaregood
12-12-2012, 12:14 PM
hahahah. the wait was worth it for when they finally flipped out and pushed their way in. he trolled them hard!

ravedown
12-12-2012, 12:19 PM
he's in the right. but he's a dick and deserves his ass kicked. that's not how to handle the situation and shouldn't be used as a model of resistance.

specsaregood
12-12-2012, 12:21 PM
he's in the right. but he's a dick and deserves his ass kicked. that's not how to handle the situation and shouldn't be used as a model of resistance.

At the same time, its clearly a good way to get proof of cops breaking rules, violating rights and general unprofessionalism.

coastie
12-12-2012, 12:25 PM
The University of Kentucky – Lexington (UKL) Police Department says it is reviewing the conduct of two of its officers after they appeared in a viral YouTube video threatening a student with expulsion while forcing their way into his dorm room on Saturday.

The University of Kentucky Police Department is reviewing the conduct of two of their officers after a video of a dorm room raid went viral.

Official university policy, obtained by Campus Reform on Tuesday, states that police officers may not search a student’s dorm room without permission.

Read more:

Video: http://www.campusreform.o...

I'll admit the kid's a vulgar douchebag, but that doesn't make him wrong, and definitely doesn't make the cops right. The comments a TDC actually make me wish these people get the wrong cop one day...

Hell, I guess I could've whooped ass 10 times per week while doing USCG boardings from how "dickish" some people were to us. Whatever-we were taught to roll with it, ignore them, conduct the boarding, and then be on our way. That's called professionalism. These cops have serious anger/control issues, and shouldn't be anywhere and kind of law enforcement whatsoever.

Further, that fat old cop is an idiot. You don't go rushing in a space that small like that, that kid was stronger, younger and more agile than him, and could easily have destroyed his ass. It's harder to get control of someone in a small room, and increases the chance of it going badly, there's no room for reaction, especially when there was three of them in there. His partner shows this to be the case, as he could barely get into the room with his partner in the way.

coastie
12-12-2012, 12:28 PM

Maybe you deserve having yours kicked for being stupid? I think that's a better reason than someone being a dick. People like you, and the people in the comments at TDC, are the problem in this country, something an ass whoopin' might take care of.

Czolgosz
12-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Resist however you see fit. This guy has done more for our rights than almost anybody else.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 12:44 PM

Oh, but if they were busting in, looking for "illegal guns" you'd be yapping your little mouth about how you would be "shooting them dead before they take your guns"

ravedown
12-12-2012, 12:51 PM
he made it personal and provoked the cop and hid behind the law. he, like you, wouldn't have made those same comments if he had met that cop out of uniform. he had every right to his privacy and resisting the cops...but he chose to act like an ass and provoked a response when he didn't have to. he did it for the camera. i don't condone what the cops did- they should be reprimanded or fired. had this kid made the same comments to me as a citizen- i wouldn't get violent, but i would confront him on it. kid can talk like a bitch-see if he can back it up like a man.

Bruno
12-12-2012, 12:55 PM
he made it personal and provoked the cop and hid behind the law. he, like you, wouldn't have made those same comments if he had met that cop out of uniform. he had every right to his privacy and resisting the cops...but he chose to act like an ass and provoked a response when he didn't have to. he did it for the camera. i don't condone what the cops did- they should be reprimanded or fired. had this kid made the same comments to me as a citizen- i wouldn't get violent, but i would confront him on it. kid can talk like a bitch-see if he can back it up like a man.

With or without uniform, being a dick or not, he was in the right and showed these particular cops acting above the law and they got busted for it. It certainly wasn't the first they trampled on the 4th. Bravo to him

UWDude
12-12-2012, 12:56 PM

No, he would have kicked the shit out of them for trying to force their way into his house if they weren't in uniform, or maybe even shot them dead.

Would I have handled it differently? Of course, I met and talked to dozens of cops at occupy. Is it his right to resist people trying to break into his house illegally as he sees fit? Absolutely. Cops are lucky they were not shot and killed. They went home to their family tonight, even though in all reality, he had the rights to drop three illegal intruders dead.

Maybe you don;t get it yet, but we are way past the point where people should be playing pansy with police who continue to trample the fourth under false claims of legality. Lot's of people lose all sorts things.

Imagine had he let them in, and they tore up the apartment... ...they do not have to pay for the damage. This happens all the time. Maybe he would have politely let them in, and they would have shot his dog... ...happens all the time. Then it would be lots of regret for playing patty-cake with power-trippers.

Notice how they were calling him belligerent? They do that all the time. And without a camera, they surely would have claimed he assaulted them and resisted arrest. Then he would be in prison with a felony.

libertyjam
12-12-2012, 01:01 PM

Sure thing punk, lets see you back it up "like a man". Punk.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2012, 01:02 PM

He was in the right. PERIOD. Police ARE NOT above the law.

ravedown
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
uw dude- as in husky uw? hmmm. anyway-i get it- im not sure you do tho. the kid has the law-and the video camera on his side. thats it. no need to manufacture a confrontation. he had all the elements in place to capture misconduct by the cops. if what you're suggesting by your response is that we should be drawing the police into 'gotcha' situations- i would disagree. i'm not interested in initiating a war on cops or even a campaign to make them look bad-they already do that themselves...they don't need any help.

Bruno
12-12-2012, 01:14 PM
uw dude- as in husky uw? hmmm. anyway-i get it- im not sure you do tho. the kid has the law-and the video camera on his side. thats it. no need to manufacture a confrontation. he had all the elements in place to capture misconduct by the cops. if what you're suggesting by your response is that we should be drawing the police into 'gotcha' situations- i would disagree. i'm not interested in initiating a war on cops or even a campaign to make them look bad-they already do that themselves...they don't need any help.

He knew the cops were coming, so he got his camera ready. This wasn't a gotcha in the sense like he made up a fake scenario, like for example cops dressing up as prostitutes, Johns, or drug dealers, or in "vehicle safety checks" to bust people in real "gotcha" moments.

This dude is to be applauded, despite his vulgar language towards the cops. That said, he is also lucky he is still alive or not in traction. They saw the camera before he may have fallen to such a fate.

Qdog
12-12-2012, 01:15 PM
No, he would have kicked the shit out of them for trying to force their way into his house if they weren't in uniform, or maybe even shot them dead.

Would I have handled it differently? Of course, I met and talked to dozens of cops at occupy. Is it his right to resist people trying to break into his house illegally as he sees fit? Absolutely. Cops are lucky they were not shot and killed. They went home to their family tonight, even though in all reality, he had the rights to drop three illegal intruders dead.

Maybe you don;t get it yet, but we are way past the point where people should be playing pansy with police who continue to trample the fourth under false claims of legality. Lot's of people lose all sorts things.

Imagine had he let them in, and they tore up the apartment... ...they do not have to pay for the damage. This happens all the time. Maybe he would have politely let them in, and they would have shot his dog... ...happens all the time. Then it would be lots of regret for playing patty-cake with power-trippers.

Notice how they were calling him belligerent? They do that all the time. And without a camera, they surely would have claimed he assaulted them and resisted arrest. Then he would be in prison with a felony.

Your recommendation is likely to end in 1 of 2 ways. 1) Dead. Killed by the 100 other cops that show up after he "shot them dead" or 2) Life in prison/death penalty for Murder/public servant.

You cant win with violence. It is a LAST resort for a very good reason... mainly the near certainty that you will either be killed yourself or thrown into a cage. I personally value my life over that of some knucklehead thug with a badge. Trading my life for his is not a very good exchange. I think it would be much smarter to live to fight another day with peaceful, and intellectual/information resistance. Hell if it really gets bad enough they can have my damn guns...but I am leaving and going somewhere else.

If a robber points a gun to my head and wants my shit... I will probably roll the dice and fight back. Hell, I am a pretty good shot, maybe I can take on 2-3 armed robbers. I cant take on 100 armed robbers, much less MILLIONS of them (the government). If you have a battle you cant win... you dont stick around and get killed, you get the F out of there.

If you really do have no other choice but to fight against insurmountable odds... you sure as hell dont do it out in the open. Let them Have their way, and then get your Rifle, scope, thousand rounds of ammo, and go up to the mountains and fight them insurrection style. Asymmetrical warfare calls for asymmetrical tactics. Make some roadside bombs and shit.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-12-2012, 01:16 PM
he made it personal and provoked the cop and hid behind the law.

Hid behind the law? Please explain.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Your recommendation is likely to end in 1 of 2 ways. 1) Dead. Killed by the 100 other cops that show up after he "shot them dead" or 2) Life in prison/death penalty for Murder/public servant.

You cant win with violence. It is a LAST resort for a very good reason... mainly the near certainty that you will either be killed yourself or thrown into a cage. I personally value my life over that of some knucklehead thug with a badge. Trading my life for his is not a very good exchange. I think it would be much smarter to live to fight another day with peaceful, and intellectual/information resistance. Hell if it really gets bad enough they can have my damn guns...but I am leaving and going somewhere else.

If a robber points a gun to my head and wants my shit... I will probably roll the dice and fight back. Hell, I am a pretty good shot, maybe I can take on 2-3 armed robbers. I cant take on 100 armed robbers, much less MILLIONS of them (the government). If you have a battle you cant win... you dont stick around and get killed, you get the F out of there.

All I was saying, is the cops were lucky they only got a few rude words thrown towards them. People are acting like words are harmful or violent. They aren't. He didn't even threaten them, but the cops did threaten to throw him out of his house and college. Usually, the threats are more severe, like threatening to take years of his life away, and throw him in a cage with rapists and murderers if he does not comply with their illegal orders.

What is it with you people, that when someone calmly threatens to ruin your life or property, they get a pass because they have a badge, but when someone shows the same amount of disrespect back, they are now some type of douchebag?

Did that kid want to handle it calmly and differently? probably, but he also had to pump himself up for a very scary situation. It's not easy denying the police what they want in a calm manner. I have done it before. Cop said the exact same thing ravedown said, "Oh, hiding behind the constitution, eh?"

Yeah. I was. And I had nothing to hide, but thank god for that lousy piece of paper for me to hide behind. It is what millions of Americans have died for. It's pretty worthless if nobody ever actually tries to "hide" behind it.

QuickZ06
12-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Really members here are bashing this guy and even calling HIM names??? To anyone who thinks this guy did ANYTHING wrong, just take notes on how to stand your ground, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, and not be a such a little baby when it comes to an authority that is violating your rights. I would bet anything that Thomas Jefferson and George Washington would buy this man a drink at the local tavern after that encounter and would do the same if in his shoes. They had nothing on him and had no right to enter but came in anyways. This man has balls no pun intended.

ravedown
12-12-2012, 01:36 PM
they never get a pass because they have a badge. on the contrary-they get extra scrutiny and suspicion.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
they never get a pass because they have a badge. on the contrary-they get extra scrutiny and suspicion.

Oooh, scrutiny and suspicion!

How many police officers have been convicted of murder, or even manslaughter for shooting a suspect while in uniform, in the past 50 years? How often do police get "scrutiny and suspicion" for overriding the fourth amendment, or lying on a report?

PLEASE! They never do! Well, at least until cameras started getting more and prevalent.

Lynchings were terrifying to black people. Not just because they were horrible events, but also because, nobody was ever convicted of anything.

coastie
12-12-2012, 01:43 PM

That doesn't matter!!!! According to you, "making it personal" with LE means the gloves are off? Are you even reading what you are typing? I'll bet you cannot find a SINGLE LE agency in this country that has it in their regulations that "once the mundane makes it "personal", you can beat, taze or kill them". Being professional about this means not responding to the provoking. I'll speak with authority on this, because I've been in the cop's shoes before, numerous times. Granted, I also wasn't acting like these cops, either. Which, according to your retarded view on things, would've given me even more reason to shit stomp someone I was in contact with when they asserted their rights, aka "being dicks". Please go away. Its people like you that become cops, and this is how you act when you do.

QuickZ06
12-12-2012, 01:47 PM
People are acting like words are harmful or violent. They aren't.

No man, some really do think they are legitimately hurting them. Some people really do not like freedom of speech.

VoluntaryAmerican
12-12-2012, 03:32 PM

Are you blind? The kid got assaulted by the cop.

mac_hine
12-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I've been somewhat on the fence regarding this situation, and then I read the blog post below. The writer makes some valid points. I can't say he changed my mind...

but then again.....

This is a tough one. :confused:

Liberty Activists: Please Reject This Foolish Attention Starved Fraud
There’s a viral video getting a lot of attention today of a confrontation between a University of Kentucky student and a few campus police officers (watch it here, lots of explicit language).

I’ll sum up the exchange: the kid sets up a camera right before cops show up at his dorm to investigate reports of someone dumping alcohol out of a window. The student then proceeds to immediately berate them and cuss at them, including making fun of one of the officers for having braces. Essentially this clown is a high school bully stereotype from a bad 80′s movie. The police want to enter his room to check for booze, he refuses, they insist, he taunts them for insisting, then they seem to relent and he taunts them for relenting. Eventually the cops force their way into his dorm, perform a quick search and then leave.

OK.

Here’s my take on this.

First, this idiot is no freedom fighter. Let’s stop making folk heroes out of people who possess no discernable positive qualities. He’s TRYING to get the police to infringe on his rights. He desperately wants them to so he can get his 15 minutes of Youtube fame. Mission accomplished, sort of. It’s kind of like an undercover cop following you down the street and hounding you to buy some weed from him. After 45 minutes of him attempting to get you to break the law, you finally do and are summarily arrested. Justice served? Not really. Same goes with this incident. Now does your pathetic attempt to be abused excuse the person who acquiesces to your desire? No. But you’re still a manipulative attention starved fraud. A manipulative attention starved fraud with rights, but a manipulative attention starved fraud all the same. True liberty activists will roundly reject phonies like this guy.

Second, this esteemed university student doesn’t actually understand either the Constitution or his own campus housing policies. Despite his insistence to the contrary, you don’t have the “exact same privacy rights” as you would if you were a homeowner. You know why? Because you DON’T OWN the room. The University does. I’m huge on property rights. I love property rights. Unfortunately that glorified walk-in closet you’re shacking up in isn’t your property. If this sweatpants wearing scholar had thought to consult the University of Kentucky Room Entry Policy he’d find it clearly stipulated that campus police CAN actually barge into his crib if they think a violation of a university rule has taken place within. Don’t like that policy? Me neither. You know what you should do then? Don’t pay a college (I mean don’t have your daddy pay a college) 50 grand to live in their facilities for 9 months out of the year. You signed on the dotted line, buddy. Deal with it. That said, campus police still don’t have the authority to perform a search of the premises which they appear to do in the video by opening the fridge. Ticky tacky, perhaps. But the rules are the rules.

Third, to be clear, we have the right to get an attitude with cops. I don’t, personally, and wouldn’t recommend it but when I’m pulled over for not having my seatbelt on I also don’t prostrate myself before them and kiss their feet. Any cop who requires that sort of treatment from fellow citizens is a mentally unbalanced narcissist who ought to be fired, publicly shamed and possibly arrested for abuse of power. But these officers in the video don’t appear to be of that sort. They’re just doing their job and getting mercilessly mocked for it. UK says it is “investigating” the officers in question. It will be a travesty if they’re fired for this. I think they actually showed enormous restraint. They should be commended.

Fourth, this is a matter of interpreting campus policy, not the constitution.

Fifth, do you want proof that a college degree means nothing? Here you go. Just think, this kid will have one in a few years. He’s got the emotional maturity and intellectual depth of an infant yet he’s technically one of our nation’s young scholars. And he’s far from alone in that category. Pray for our future.

Sixth (and final point), the only thing I really take from this is that it’s another good argument against alcohol prohibition. Do we really need police officers with guns patrolling college campuses to try to stop adults from drinking Smirnoff Ice? And does it work anyway? I mean, has any college student ever been even slightly dissuaded from boozing because he was not yet of legal age? Has that happened one time? Ever? Of course not. Let’s stop this foolishness. These “kids” are actually allegedly grown men and women. They’re old enough to go to war so they’re old enough to drink a freakin’ beer. Can we end this madness already?

So to recap: The kid is an idiot, the cops did not violate the constitution but may have technically broken a campus rule by opening a refrigerator for two seconds, and alcohol prohibition has again been demonstrated to be a miserable and laughable failure.

Class dismissed.
http://themattwalshblog.com/2012/12/12/liberty-activists-please-reject-this-foolish-attention-starved-fraud/
http://www.facebook.com/josh.goodrich.96?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/mattwalshradio

angelatc
12-12-2012, 05:51 PM
He was a dick, and deserves to have his ass kicked, but only by his father or mother.

I am not so sure it was a set up. When he sets the camera up, the door is already open, like they were already in the hallway.

angelatc
12-12-2012, 05:58 PM
I've been somewhat on the fence regarding this situation, and then I read the blog post below. The writer makes some valid points. I can't say he changed my mind...

but then again.....

This is a tough one. :confused:

Second, this esteemed university student doesn’t actually understand either the Constitution or his own campus housing policies. Despite his insistence to the contrary, you don’t have the “exact same privacy rights” as you would if you were a homeowner. You know why? Because you DON’T OWN the room. The University does. I’m huge on property rights. I love property rights. Unfortunately that glorified walk-in closet you’re shacking up in isn’t your property. If this sweatpants wearing scholar had thought to consult the University of Kentucky Room Entry Policy he’d find it clearly stipulated that campus police CAN actually barge into his crib if they think a violation of a university rule has taken place within.
http://themattwalshblog.com/2012/12/12/liberty-activists-please-reject-this-foolish-attention-starved-fraud/
http://www.facebook.com/josh.goodrich.96?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/mattwalshradio

The blogger is wrong on several levels. The police can only enter the room in an emergency, or if they think that a rule violation had taken place *and* the occupant is refusing to open the door. That's the policy of the university.

The First Amendment applies to us even when we're acting like douche bags. If we don't support people who act up, especially when they're acting up to test the boundaries, the boundaries will get moved. If you don't believe me, look at the death penalty.

First, they killed murderers. Then they killed people who were with murderers. Then they killed people who were riding in the same car with the murderers. I can only assume roommates will be next.

Look at what happened to law enforcement in the 60's. The neighborhood cop turned into a storm trooper, because the dirty hippies were being douche bags. The Republicans cheered them on, to the point where they literally opened fire on college kids peacefully demonstrating the Vietnam war.

Any my parents think the Kent State victims had it coming, because after all - they were acting like douche bags.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 05:59 PM
you don’t have the “exact same privacy rights” as you would if you were a homeowner.

wrong. renters have the same expectation to privacy as owners. Cops still need a warrant. 4th amendment sucks, huh? Sucks even worse if you claim to be a know-it-all about the constitution but don't even know the basics of it.

So who is matt walsh, and who gives a fuck what he thinks? Oh yeah. Not me.

AGRP
12-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Gotta love how the etiquette police have a bigger issue with the use of words.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 06:16 PM
And let's be honest, no matter how he would have handled it, 50% of vid watchers would have still castigated him for not just simply letting the cops in to search his room. That is what this is all about. It's about ignoring what the illegal, dangerous shit cops do every day, and trying to focus on the rude things the victims do.

When a cop says he will throw you in jail, he has the power to do so. That is a real threat, and they use it all the time. If a cop punches you in the face, you better fucking take it and like it. Because if you punch back, you are looking at finding a new lover behind bars for a few years.

pcgame
12-12-2012, 06:22 PM

angelatc
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4540

the university fired the cop

Oh no! And he still had those braces to pay for....

Tod
12-12-2012, 06:31 PM
hahahaha

kid was vulgar and generally unlikable, but it appears his agreement with the University did not include submitting to some aspect of the behavior of the campus kops.

Update: Campus Reform reports (http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4540) that one of the officers involved in the raid of the student’s dorm room has been fired.

University of Kentucky Police Chief Joe Monroe released a statement Wednesday afternoon announcing the termination.
“After a thorough internal investigation, the officer in question has been terminated from his employment at the University of Kentucky, effective immediately,” Monroe said in the statement.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/12/dorm-room-raid-goes-viral-at-university-of-kentucky-school-investigates-video/#ixzz2Et4uAluk

mac_hine
12-12-2012, 06:32 PM
wrong. renters have the same expectation to privacy as owners. Cops still need a warrant. 4th amendment sucks, huh? Sucks even worse if you claim to be a know-it-all about the constitution but don't even know the basics of it.

So who is matt walsh, and who gives a fuck what he thinks? Oh yeah. Not me.

Good point. I agree with you.

Who are you? Who gives a fuck what you think? No offense, but that was pretty rude.

To answer your question, he's a Ron Paul supporter who's also a radio host in kentucky. I came across him months ago by chance when I viewed the following YouTube video he made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofWWVFOSNoA&feature=plcp

So maybe he got it wrong here. I still appreciate his point of view, even if wrong.

My question to you is: Why do you have to come across as such an abrasive asshole? We're on the same team, dude.

mrsat_98
12-12-2012, 06:39 PM

Plus rep for the university. Much easier to just close the door.

AGRP
12-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I think one of the job descriptions of being a cop (even without saying) is dealing with people who have choice words. If you cant deal with it then you can find another job.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 06:41 PM
My question to you is: Why do you have to come across as such an abrasive asshole? We're on the same team, dude.

Are we?

Me the abrasive asshole?

"Matt Walsh" just failed at the constitution while claiming to be an expert, and was an abrasive asshole toward somebody who truly made the constitution stronger when he stood up for it. It can't be the land of the free if it isn't the home of the brave.

What has Matt Walsh done, made neat videos and blogged screeds. How about he STFU, watch the video a few more times, and learn what a man standing up for his rights looks like, before calling him and "idiot" and "attention whore". I'd rather be on the front lines with UK student than some angry screed writer/radio host. I'd rather be on the football field with a player than a commentator.

I mean, which team am I supposed to be on again? matt walsh? Or the UK student? Aren't we all on the same team, dude? Then Matt walsh should STFU... ..or perhaps he should not have posted a blog that came across as being a giant "abrasive asshole".

It will be a travesty if they’re fired for this. I think they actually showed enormous restraint. They should be commended.

Hi, I'm Matt Walsh, champion of the constitution, same team as UWDude. But unlike UWDude, I think cops should be commended for ignoring the constitution (that gave them their authority in the first place) and doing whatever the fuck they want because they got called some names.

mac_hine
12-12-2012, 07:09 PM
...and learn what a man standing up for his rights looks like, before calling him and "idiot" and "attention whore".

If I we're in that asshole's situation I wouldn't need to add "sucking dicks, fucking losers" and all the other rude shit he threw out at the rent-a-cops.

Granted, he does have every right to be an asshole.

Granted, his right to the 4th amendment applies to his dormitory.

But to be honest, trying to portray this douchebag like he's some kind of Rosa Parks is laughable.

angelatc did a great job explaining why the blog post was incorrect, but did so in a thoughtful and respectful way. You, on the other hand, come across as a whiny, cunty, shitbag. Much like the guy in the video.

While you and he are ultimately correct, I can't stand either of you. GFYS

UWDude
12-12-2012, 07:14 PM
angelatc did a great job explaining why the blog post was incorrect, but did so in a thoughtful and respectful way. You, on the other hand, come across as a whiny, cunty, shitbag. Much like the guy in the video.

Matt Walsh, was the whiny, cunty, shitbag, who stabbed his own "team mate" in the back, and took the side of the enemy. It's the truth, sorry it hurts.

angelatc
12-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Looks like we need our own beer summit, although I know there are lots of minds boggling at the concept of ME being to voice of reason.....:)

AGRP
12-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Is it me or does the video get funny after watching it the 2nd+ time? This guy has to be the new king for cop haters lol.

ravedown
12-12-2012, 07:24 PM
If I we're in that asshole's situation I wouldn't need to add "sucking dicks, fucking losers" and all the other rude shit he threw out at the rent-a-cops.

Granted, he does have every right to be an asshole.

Granted, his right to the 4th amendment applies to his dormitory.

But to be honest, trying to portray this douchebag like he's some kind of Rosa Parks is laughable.

i already tried to have a discussion with uwdud earlier but all i heard was fight the power/we're all victims and if you disagree you're a piece of shit/part of the problem blah blah. cops-even private security-will always be the enemy and the fastest way to advance the liberty movement is to protest and spit on authority at all costs. he occasionally takes a break to go throw a garbage can through a starbucks window i imagine.

mac_hine
12-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Looks like we need our own beer summit, although I know there are lots of minds boggling at the concept of ME being to voice of reason.....:)

Yup. I don't have the time, energy, or desire to argue with UWDude any further. He got the last word. Good for him. I just want to thank you for getting my head on straight. Ultimately, the student was 100% in the right. Although, more than likely unwittingly, he did score a win for liberty. Good for that asshole :rolleyes:

UWDude
12-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Is it me or does the video get funny after watching it the 2nd+ time? This guy has to be the new king for cop haters lol.

Kid was pissed off at cops. For good reason. A lot of us are, and he got hsi chance to humiliate them. And they took the bait. Not like they wouldn't have done it to anybody, polite or rude. I am sure they have barged their way in countless times before.

But kid knew he had no evidence, and he milked the experience for all it was worth. He risked jail or worse for it. He won. Good on him. "Ranch dressing" new meme for a week, probably.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 07:33 PM
i already tried to have a discussion with uwdud earlier but all i heard was fight the power/we're all victims and if you disagree you're a piece of shit/part of the problem blah blah. cops-even private security-will always be the enemy and the fastest way to advance the liberty movement is to protest and spit on authority at all costs. he occasionally takes a break to go throw a garbage can through a starbucks window i imagine.

All cops, I could have swore I mentioned I talked, (for long periods of time, BTW) with dozens of cops at Occupy. Some for hours. You simply want to paint me as somebody I am not. But I do know this, a cop who violates the fourth amendment because he says he can, IS THE ENEMY.

Yeah good one, ravedown, your solution is "they get plenty scrutiny and suspicion"
Well, ravedown, I guess that is enough, isn't it? Let's just keep on keepin' on with that scrutiny and suspicion! Workin' great so far, innit it!?

How about you answer my questions directly, instead of trying to sideways confront me with your snarky bullshit? Huh? Because I noticed that's when you disappeared.
How many cops have been convicted of murder or manslaughter in the past 50 years for killing a suspect while in uniform?
What percentage of incidents where cops lie or abuse the fourth amendment are investigated and pursued by internal investigations?

Yup. I don't have the time, energy, or desire to argue with UWDude any further. He got the last word. Good for him. I just want to thank you for getting my head on straight. Ultimately, the student was 100% in the right. Although, more than likely unwittingly, he did score a win for liberty. Good for that asshole

And what did Matt Walsh do with his neutering of the fourth, and claiming a cop be commended for bypassing the 4th amendment? The guy supposedly on "my team"? The guy who you are so fond of, when I insult him, the glue bounces off him and sticks to you?

satchelmcqueen
12-12-2012, 07:39 PM
lol busted!!! finally!

ravedown
12-12-2012, 07:39 PM
How many cops have been convicted of murder or manslaughter in the past 50 years for killing a suspect while in uniform?
not enough-thats why the smartest thing this kid did was video tape the incident-if he was smart he would have streamed it to a server somewhere or a friend so it would be saved. im all about recording the cops- whenever im pulled over my phone camera is always rolling. i live in a city that is good ol boy central and the cops love to shoot folks, so yeah-i get it. but because i have a witness (camera) i've already won...i don't need to push the issue. the kid in the vid got the cop fired- he won...thanks to the video. cops do bad things because the system-for years- tolerated it. not so much anymore.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Here is how you started your "discussion" as you put it, ravedown. I note how you make it sound like you were just tryin' ta be the civil gentleman, when UWDude got all radical and caused a ruckus in the peanut gallery, I do say.

but he's a dick and deserves his ass kicked.

Wait, and in that, "civil discussion you were attemptin' with that brash UWDude, you then said this:

kid can talk like a bitch-see if he can back it up like a man.
Was this the civil discussion you were convinced you were having? Or is your cognitive dissonance just that bad?

Now I am sure you are just as confounded as the rest of the fine gentlemen in the peanut gallery as ta whay UWDude would be so upset at statements such as these! He is so uncivilized, I dare say!

VoluntaryAmerican
12-12-2012, 07:54 PM

Lol, looks like someone got expelled after all.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 08:00 PM
------

presence
12-12-2012, 08:00 PM
#ranchdressing (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23ranchdressing)

Nothing related to the story... but funny.

ravedown
12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Or is your cognitive dissonance just that bad?

no- i stand by my original statement...the kid has a mouth on him. its probably gonna get him an ass kicking at some point when he pops off to someone that doesn't have the possibility of losing their job hanging over their head. i have a problem with people that talk a lot of shit-then run and hide behind the teacher.
btw- i like the 3rd person approach to your posts-possibly a red flag for of schizophrenia?

UWDude
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
no- i stand by my original statement...the kid has a mouth on him. its probably gonna get him an ass kicking at some point when he pops off to someone that doesn't have the possibility of losing their job hanging over their head. i have a problem with people that talk a lot of shit-then run and hide behind the teacher.

Teacher is it? You said law last time. But of course, you found out right quick that was a piss poor thing to say on a forums that upholds the supreme law of the land as the ultimate authority, didn't you?

I didn't ask you if you stood behind your statements. I asked you if you had any delusions you were being civil or rational, since you saw your chance to hop in and yell "UWDude is a total psycho, all I did was say that kid deserved some police brutality for defending his 4th amendment rights, and he went ape! What a psycho trash can throwin' anarchist!!1!! OMG!! WTF!!1!"

Yeah, whatever. Done with all this. Now I feel bad for the poor overweight cop who thought his crooked teeth were the reason he couldn't get girls, and not that big gut of his. I really do, but I shouldn't. That kid really shined him on. Pushed his buttons good. I really feel bad for him is all I can say, and I shouldn't, but it sucks he wasn't even a real cop either, just campus security. I can only take a little solace in that he said "there is no fourth amendment", I guess it was time he learned a bit about the constitution.

I guess in every battle, there must be a vanquished, and I should not mourn the fallen.

QuickZ06
12-12-2012, 09:30 PM
the kid sets up a camera right before cops show up at his dorm to investigate reports of someone dumping alcohol out of a window. The student then proceeds to immediately berate them and cuss at them, including making fun of one of the officers for having braces. Essentially this clown is a high school bully stereotype from a bad 80′s movie. The police want to enter his room to check for booze, he refuses, they insist, he taunts them for insisting, then they seem to relent and he taunts them for relenting. Eventually the cops force their way into his dorm, perform a quick search and then leave.

First I am confused why he is calling this MAN a kid, is he not in college? Second the cops were there already, he just turned on and positioned the camera obviously because he knew they were going to try to get in his room, in which case they did. O and a cop was fired. So what does that tell me exactly, maybe the fact that everything they did was WRONG.

ravedown
12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
I guess in every battle, there must be a vanquished, and I should not mourn the fallen.
ha, very noble. hang in there....never let them get you down champ.

btw-good luck in the vegas bowl.

KingNothing
12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
He was in the right. PERIOD. Police ARE NOT above the law

He acted the way college students do and the cop acted the way cops usually do. They were each stupid and senselessly confrontational. They were asses. That would not be a problem if not for the fact that one of those asses is granted an absurd authority to use force to detain or kill others. A college kid being obnoxiously antiauthoritarian like many of us were is not a problem. A cop being an insecure, idotic, child is.

Cleaner44
12-12-2012, 09:41 PM

Calling for violence is lame and YOU should not be used as a model for liberty.

KingNothing
12-12-2012, 09:44 PM

Aaaahahahahahahaha

KingNothing
12-12-2012, 09:46 PM

"deserve" is not the right word. The kid will eventually get his ass beat, though.

I'm pretty sure it happens to all loudmouths like us at some point. :-)

ravedown
12-12-2012, 09:55 PM
you're right...i believe nobody is above an ass kicking if they can't control their mouth. it'll always catch up to you at some point.

AGRP
12-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Wonder why he took the video down.

EBounding
12-12-2012, 10:15 PM

He was probably getting harassed by the internet.

Cleaner44
12-12-2012, 10:26 PM
"deserve" is not the right word. The kid will eventually get his ass beat, though.

I'm pretty sure it happens to all loudmouths like us at some point. :-)

If the student goes around causing trouble, he will get trouble and he probably will get into fights and maybe even be killed.

The difference with the student here is that he was minding his own business sitting in his dorm room and cops came to him.

you're right...i believe nobody is above an ass kicking if they can't control their mouth. it'll always catch up to you at some point.

We have no idea if he is a jerk out in public. If he is it is likely that he will have problems.

I do not have a problem with a student defending his liberty in the privacy of his own room.

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.

And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

- Barry Goldwater

mac_hine
12-12-2012, 10:30 PM

mirror....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF0p_3rLI54

LibertyEagle
12-12-2012, 10:54 PM
He acted the way college students do and the cop acted the way cops usually do. They were each stupid and senselessly confrontational. They were asses. That would not be a problem if not for the fact that one of those asses is granted an absurd authority to use force to detain or kill others. A college kid being obnoxiously antiauthoritarian like many of us were is not a problem. A cop being an insecure, idotic, child is.

I agree. I am not going to even post some of the stuff I did when I was in college. lol

Barrex
12-12-2012, 11:07 PM
YOU ALL ARE BRAINWASHED IF YOU THINK THAT THAT KID IS A DICK!

I didnt expect this from members of this forum. I am dissapointed.

If you shoot intruder in your own house you are hero but if you mock criminals, who happen to wear a metal plate on their chests, that want to break into your house you are a dick? Rosa Parks was a dick too? No of course not she was a cunt. How the hell do you think tyranny stops? Petitions? Begging? Polite complaints? What that kid did was brave and RIGHT thing to do. He has more guts than most of the people that I know. You have no idea how this touched my nerve.The idea that some cop could do this to someone I care about makes me go breserk... Kod nas su cajci korumpirani ali se boje posljedica ako ovakove stvari izvedu...između ostalog možda je to kulturološka stvar.

Nazi-gestapo tactics "we can enter your room whenever we want" deserves a lot more than mocking.

rant rant rant rant rant...

P.s.
I LOVE the part when his (policeofficers) voice starts shivering when he realized he is recorded.

mport1
12-12-2012, 11:13 PM
He was in the right. PERIOD. Police ARE NOT above the law.

Sure they are. All the evidence points to that. It doesn't matter what is written on paper. They've always ignored their own laws. Their laws are just used to subjugate everybody else.

That is what happens when there is a violent monopoly controlling protection. They just do whatever they want with little fear of repercussion.

AGRP
12-12-2012, 11:19 PM
I didnt expect this from members of this forum. I am dissapointed.

They are the usual suspects. No reason to be disappointed.

AGRP
12-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I LOVE the part when his (policeofficers) voice starts shivering when he realized he is recorded.

I loved the entire video, especially the last 1/3 and the "ohhh....the sweatpants, its sweatpants!" lol. Like someone said: The guy was out to show the world who those guys are. Mission accomplished.

mport1
12-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't think those kinds of videos are going to win anybody over to the side of liberty, but that guy did nothing wrong. Violent gang members were trying to break into his room, I don't blame him for talking back to those thugs. One of the gang members then assaults the kid and the rest break into his room. The lead member of their pack then threatens to get the kid kicked out from school. The police are the ones who should be getting the brunt of the nasty comments.

Also, what is with members here advocating the kid get his ass kicked? Whatever happened to the non-aggression principle? It's alright to initiate violence now just because somebody you don't like the way somebody is talking?

AGRP
12-12-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't think those kinds of videos are going to win anybody over to the side of liberty, but that guy did nothing wrong.

Videos like this are for more advanced viewers whove seen 1,000s of cop abuse videos and know the law.

***Good observation about his voice shaking after realizing he was being taped. He knew he was in deep dodo.

presence
12-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Bottom line in my book: He took a bad cop off the streets and reinforced liberty protocol within local ranks through non-violent resistance. Win, win, win. He might not win over christian republicans with these antics but he might encourage other young college students to troll their local rentacops with similar results.

UWDude
12-13-2012, 02:08 PM
In any job, you must follow protocol, or you will be fired. Fast food workers know this, and now, with cameras, it's about time cops learned it too.

I still feel bad for the guy, but I put up with bigger assholes in some of my jobs than this UK student, and I kept my cool.

AGRP
12-13-2012, 02:16 PM
In any job, you must follow protocol, or you will be fired. Fast food workers know this, and now, with cameras, it's about time cops learned it too.

I still feel bad for the guy, but I put up with bigger assholes in some of my jobs than this UK student, and I kept my cool.

The only reason why this cop is off the street is possibly because the university didnt want to deal with the pr backlash and possible drop in student enrollment.

presence
12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
The whole thing kind of puts the university in a pickle; by firing captain rentacop they agree he was out of line, which, is admitting some fault; justifying a civil suit: $$$$

What is the mechanism by which victims of police abuse tend to sue the institution that employed them rather than the deviant officer himself?

Is it law or something?

I gotta tell you if somebody violates my civil rights it doesn't matter what piece of tin they hide behind I take that shit personally and I'd like to direct my civil suit pesonally. If I were UKguy I'd like to see future pay docked just like child support payments.

That man's right to no warrantless searches was certainly violated when that officer came through the door and it was certainly violated when the refridgerator door opened; thats a sealed container.

EBounding
12-13-2012, 06:00 PM
The kid out bullied the bullies. People are taking the cops side just because they think the kid is guilty and is getting away with it because of his attitude. But let's say he's 100% innocent (there were no liquor bottles after all). Wouldn't you be furious if the cops came knocking on your door and demanded to search your room? I would be. I don't swear, but I would probably be called "belligerent".

Barrex
12-13-2012, 06:04 PM
The whole thing kind of puts the university in a pickle; by firing captain rentacop they agree he was out of line, which, is admitting some fault; justifying a civil suit: $$$$

What is the mechanism by which victims of police abuse tend to sue the institution that employed them rather than the deviant officer himself?

Is it law or something?

I gotta tell you if somebody violates my civil rights it doesn't matter what piece of tin they hide behind I take that shit personally and I'd like to direct my civil suit pesonally. If I were UKguy I'd like to see future pay docked just like child support payments.

That man's right to no warrantless searches was certainly violated when that officer came through the door and it was certainly violated when the refridgerator door opened; thats a sealed container.

In Europe (not just here) it is common that you cant sue organ of government. You can sue just government itself. Logic behinde this if a man punches you with his arm you dont sue arm you sue that man.

Depending on country governement employees (officers) enjoy certain level of "protection (lack of me knowing better word in English) from lawsuits...

Reallity: Lawsuits cost and not many people can afford them. If you sue state people will not care that much because you are not going after "real" person and hew money. If you go after a cop than you face entire syndicate and an army of people who will not take your lawsuit kindly. Every man breaks law 3 times a day and they have the power to find your transgressions.

KingNothing
12-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Bottom line in my book: He took a bad cop off the streets and reinforced liberty protocol within local ranks through non-violent resistance. Win, win, win. He might not win over christian republicans with these antics but he might encourage other young college students to troll their local rentacops with similar results.

He did not take a cop off the street. This guy will be menacing tax payers and students again in no time, in a different area.

KingNothing
12-13-2012, 06:32 PM
The kid out bullied the bullies. People are taking the cops side just because they think the kid is guilty and is getting away with it because of his attitude. But let's say he's 100% innocent (there were no liquor bottles after all). Wouldn't you be furious if the cops came knocking on your door and demanded to search your room? I would be. I don't swear, but I would probably be called "belligerent".

A better question: how would these pro-cop people act if their kid was the one whose college experience and clean record were at stake because a cop was abusing his power? There is absolutely no reason to think the kid did anything wrong, but it is entirely possible that he could have gotten screwed over by one of the costumed idiots with guns.

EBounding
12-13-2012, 06:50 PM
A better question: how would these pro-cop people act if their kid was the one whose college experience and clean record were at stake because a cop was abusing his power? There is absolutely no reason to think the kid did anything wrong, but it is entirely possible that he could have gotten screwed over by one of the costumed idiots with guns.

Yes. What if the "nice kid" let the cops come in, but some jerk put liquor bottles in his room earlier without him knowing? He'd be ruined.

KingNothing
12-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Yes. What if the "nice kid" let the cops come in, but some jerk put liquor bottles in his room earlier without him knowing? He'd be ruined.

They don't even need to do that. They could just give him a disorderly and say he was interferring with official duties. It's what they do to innocent people they want to press.

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2012, 06:59 PM
The kid was in the right, BUT he was intentionally provocative. Near as I can tell he was trying to provoke a beat down or a blatant violation in order to record it on video and create grounds for a lawsuit or a well monetized YouTube video.

Evidence of this is that when the police LEFT, the kid chased them down the hall hurling insults until they changed their mind, returned to the room, and proceeded to violate his rights. Clearly the kid was trying to provoke that exact reaction. He WANTED them to violate his rights for whatever reason, probably to make good video.

If his concern was actually keeping them out of his room, then he would not have chased them down the hall hurling insults after they left the first time.

Point being, if your goal is to get a violation on video, be a dick like this kid and provoke them into it. But be careful, you could end up in a coma or dead. However, if your goal is to preserve your unalienable rights, then take the high road, be firm but polite, and when they walk away, shut the freaking door and leave them alone.

He was of course 100% within his rights, but his rights were violated BECAUSE he was belligerent about it. Had he not been so, then in all likelihood his rights would never have been violated. Of course, that would not make for good viral video material....

KingNothing
12-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Gunny, you are giving the kid too much credit - I doubt he thought that far ahead. I bet he just wanted to flex his rights and givesome crap to cops who were acting like pigs. He's just an antiauthoritarian kid like most of us were. He wanted to rage against that machine.

AGRP
12-13-2012, 07:06 PM
The kid was in the right, BUT he was intentionally provocative. Near as I can tell he was trying to provoke a beat down or a blatant violation in order to record it on video and create grounds for a lawsuit or a well monetized YouTube video.

Evidence of this is that when the police LEFT, the kid chased them down the hall hurling insults until they changed their mind, returned to the room, and proceeded to violate his rights. Clearly the kid was trying to provoke that exact reaction. He WANTED them to violate his rights for whatever reason, probably to make good video.

If his concern was actually keeping them out of his room, then he would not have chased them down the hall hurling insults after they left the first time.

Point being, if your goal is to get a violation on video, be a dick like this kid and provoke them into it. But be careful, you could end up in a coma or dead. However, if your goal is to preserve your unalienable rights, then take the high road, be firm but polite, and when they walk away, shut the freaking door and leave them alone.

He was of course 100% within his rights, but his rights were violated BECAUSE he was belligerent about it. Had he not been so, then in all likelihood his rights would never have been violated. Of course, that would not make for good viral video material....

Cart before the horse? Who is the one coming to whos door? They were the ones demanding that he let them in. They were the ones who forced the door open multiple times. If you watch the video closely, it is the police who was verbally provocative. How is what the person did any different than what takes place here on a daily basis? Whats next? Telling rape victims to politely object while being raped or dress conservatively because they are provocative?

eric_cartman
12-13-2012, 08:58 PM
the funniest thing about this whole incident is that the cop thought that he would get this kid kicked out of school.... and it turned out that the kid actually got this guy fired. good stuff!

VoluntaryAmerican
12-13-2012, 09:32 PM

I disagree, the cops showed clear ignorance of the 4th amendment and general procedure throughout the video. This was the reason they broke the law and entered his room, his behavior was just a power tripping excuse.

These cops deserved to be fired whether they broke in to the college kids room or not, IMO.

Good riddens! :D

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2012, 10:52 PM
Whats next? Telling rape victims to politely object while being raped or dress conservatively because they are provocative?

Seriously??

Cart before the horse? Who is the one coming to whos door? They were the ones demanding that he let them in. They were the ones who forced the door open multiple times. If you watch the video closely, it is the police who was verbally provocative. How is what the person did any different than what takes place here on a daily basis?

I'm not defending the government enforcers. You seem to think that just because I criticized the kid's tactics it means I'm defending the cops. You didn't vote for Rmoney so you obviously supported Obombya right? How did that work out for you?

The bottom line is had the victim here taken a more measured and mature tact, then the cop would have never opened his fridge, would have never opened his closet. If he had actually had something to hide, like a bag of weed or a handgun, this man would either be dead or in prison right now. All because he couldn't check his emotions and deal with these scum like employees.

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2012, 11:09 PM
I disagree, the cops showed clear ignorance of the 4th amendment and general procedure throughout the video. This was the reason they broke the law and entered his room, his behavior was just a power tripping excuse.

These cops deserved to be fired whether they broke in to the college kids room or not, IMO.

Good riddens! :D

They knew the law well enough to walk away down the hall until the student ran after them and provoked their anger to come back, burst in the room, and start searching for contraband.

AGRP
12-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Seriously??

I'm not defending the government enforcers. You seem to think that just because I criticized the kid's tactics it means I'm defending the cops. You didn't vote for Rmoney so you obviously supported Obombya right? How did that work out for you?

The bottom line is had the victim here taken a more measured and mature tact, then the cop would have never opened his fridge, would have never opened his closet. If he had actually had something to hide, like a bag of weed or a handgun, this man would either be dead or in prison right now. All because he couldn't check his emotions and deal with these scum like employees.

Im not defending the rapists. The bottom line is that had the woman not flaunted her assets so much to the passer bys after rejecting their pick up lines then they would not have walked back and raped her. Had she not taken a more measured and mature tact then the rapists would have never raped her, would not have ripped open her dress. All because she couldnt keep her dress length and cleavage in check.

Chester Copperpot
12-13-2012, 11:14 PM
heres the new link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLPFx55hnLs

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2012, 11:27 PM
the funniest thing about this whole incident is that the cop thought that he would get this kid kicked out of school.... and it turned out that the kid actually got this guy fired. good stuff!

And hallelujah to that!

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Im not defending the rapists. The bottom line is that had the woman not flaunted her assets so much to the passer bys after rejecting their pick up lines then they would not have walked back and raped her. Had she not taken a more measured and mature tact then the rapists would have never raped her, would not have ripped open her dress. All because she couldnt keep her dress length and cleavage in check.

Seriously? what the fuck is wrong with you?

QuickZ06
12-13-2012, 11:43 PM
They knew the law well enough to walk away down the hall until the student ran after them and provoked their anger to come back, burst in the room, and start searching for contraband.

Just by the cop saying "nanny nanny boo boo im gonna get you kicked out of this school" tells me the cop is nothing but a power trip. He could have been a huge problem before all of this. A lot we don't know, but what we do know is the cops were in the wrong and nothing the guy said in the video hurt any cops.

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Just by the cop saying "nanny nanny boo boo im gonna get you kicked out of this school" tells me the cop is nothing but a power trip. He could have been a huge problem before all of this. A lot we don't know, but what we do know is the cops were in the wrong and nothing the guy said in the video hurt any cops.

pretty sure the first words I typed entering this thread were "this kid was in the right."

It's a question of do you actually want to keep the scumbags at bay, or do you want them rifling through your closet and refrigerator. Personally I want them kept at bay.

This young man's actions escalated a situation where the cops were walking away, into one where they tore though his closet and refrigerator.

All I'm saying people is be smart for goodness sakes. A tall order apparently. :(

QuickZ06
12-14-2012, 12:38 AM
pretty sure the first words I typed entering this thread were "this kid was in the right."

It's a question of do you actually want to keep the scumbags at bay, or do you want them rifling through your closet and refrigerator. Personally I want them kept at bay.

This young man's actions escalated a situation where the cops were walking away, into one where they tore though his closet and refrigerator.

All I'm saying people is be smart for goodness sakes. A tall order apparently. :(

I know you did and never said you did not, sorry if my words put it that way too you.

But the kid might have said some choice words to some but they were just that, words. And I have had plenty of crap said to me by a loud mouth in the past and probably will in the future as I'm sure most have ran into one in their lifetime but I just turned the other way, walked, and kept on truckin. The kid hates cops and has some choice words for them, big deal no one died from it. And his word should have never of escalated crap with those cops, but the cops took it personally, acted non professional and violated his rights. The cops escalated the situation with their actions not the man with his words.

AGRP
12-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Is it a strippers fault if she gets raped?

AGRP
12-14-2012, 12:55 AM

95% of your post explained how he "provoked" it. You fail to see the many general unnoticeables in the video. Did you notice that at least one of the officers wouldnt allow him to close his door?

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Is it a strippers fault if she gets raped?

Why are you still talking, rape advocate?

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 02:31 AM
95% of your post explained how he "provoked" it. You fail to see the many general unnoticeables in the video. Did you notice that at least one of the officers wouldnt allow him to close his door?

When they were 20 foot down the hallway, closing the door would have been simple. :rolleyes:

Instead the kid jumps out and chases them down yelling at them.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 02:32 AM
I know you did and never said you did not, sorry if my words put it that way too you.

But the kid might have said some choice words to some but they were just that, words. And I have had plenty of crap said to me by a loud mouth in the past and probably will in the future as I'm sure most have ran into one in their lifetime but I just turned the other way, walked, and kept on truckin. The kid hates cops and has some choice words for them, big deal no one died from it. And his word should have never of escalated crap with those cops, but the cops took it personally, acted non professional and violated his rights. The cops escalated the situation with their actions not the man with his words.

Should doesn't matter. It did. And it's predictable. If you don't want cops tossing your stuff, don't pick fights with them.

unknown
12-14-2012, 02:40 AM
I liked this particular comment:

Assholes need to exist, because the rest of us are too complacent to stand up for anything. Good on that kid.

QuickZ06
12-14-2012, 02:51 AM
Should doesn't matter. It did. And it's predictable. If you don't want cops tossing your stuff, don't pick fights with them.

Professionals do not get offended by free speech. Professionals continue to walk the other way.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 02:52 AM
I liked this particular comment:

Well, good luck with that when they find something illegal and claim "good faith," and send you to a hard-core prison because you weren't mature enough to just get rid of the cop ASAP but pissed him off so bad he felt compelled to violate your rights.

SMH...I thought our goal here was to keep the cops OUT of our freakin business, not bring them in! Don't you get it? If they find something they consider illegal, then you don't have due process anymore. They just claim the good faith exception to the exclusionary rule and you no longer have a right to be secure except by search warrant.

Just get rid of the damn cop. If you try to make a damn show out of it, the cop will be happy to make a show out of busting your melon open.

If our people don't survive, then who the hell do you think is going to be left to rebuild anyway?

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 02:55 AM
Professionals do not get offended by free speech. Professionals continue to walk the other way.

And how many cops are professionals by this definition nowadays? Around one half of one percent?

We don't live in that world, we live in this world. Don't call the cops, don't talk to cops, don't antagonize cops, just get the hell rid of them as quick and painlessly as possible.

If you make yourself a target, I guarantee that you will be targeted. Being targeted by the state's lethal enforcers is very unhealthy.

unknown
12-14-2012, 03:04 AM
Well, good luck with that when they find something illegal and claim "good faith," and send you to a hard-core prison because you weren't mature enough to just get rid of the cop ASAP but pissed him off so bad he felt compelled to violate your rights.

SMH...I thought our goal here was to keep the cops OUT of our freakin business, not bring them in! Don't you get it? If they find something they consider illegal, then you don't have due process anymore. They just claim the good faith exception to the exclusionary rule and you no longer have a right to be secure except by search warrant.

Just get rid of the damn cop. If you try to make a damn show out of it, the cop will be happy to make a show out of busting your melon open.

If our people don't survive, then who the hell do you think is going to be left to rebuild anyway?

I would tend to agree.

But I still liked his position in regards to people who are complacent, who dont take a stand

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 03:09 AM
Look I get it. He's a hero. He stood up to the man and shouted him down.

He's lucky he's not dead.

How many of you who think I'm being an idiot here have children?

How smart would it be to leave them orphans over something that in the long run made no difference at all?

You want to fight? Save it for the SHTF and bone up on your marksmanship. Attend an Appleseed so you know what you are doing. Hook up with a couple friends and practice tactical maneuver. When fighting comes, that's where it's going to be.

But to risk death just to scream at someone? Sorry, it's just not very smart. We all know if that kid had gotten killed, that laptop video would have never seen the light of day.

Did some good come out of it? Sure, the kid provoked the cop to violate his rights, and the cop got fired. Three weeks from now that cop will be working for another police department, and almost certainly dealing with far more stressful situations than a college dorm. That bugger's probably going to kill someone.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 03:12 AM
I would tend to agree.

But I still liked his position in regards to people who are complacent, who dont take a stand

LOL I liked it too, and if America was ANYTHING like what it was supposed to be, there would have been no danger in it at all. But we're just not. We're on the verge of going full Nazi. The French Underground didn't jump up and down on the road when a German regiment was passing through and start dancing and singing La Marseillaise because it would have gotten them killed.

unknown
12-14-2012, 03:14 AM
Look I get it. He's a hero. He stood up to the man and shouted him down.

He's lucky he's not dead.

How many of you who think I'm being an idiot here have children?

How smart would it be to leave them orphans over something that in the long run made no difference at all?

You want to fight? Save it for the SHTF and bone up on your marksmanship. Attend an Appleseed so you know what you are doing. Hook up with a couple friends and practice tactical maneuver. When fighting comes, that's where it's going to be.

But to risk death just to scream at someone? Sorry, it's just not very smart. We all know if that kid had gotten killed, that laptop video would have never seen the light of day.

Did some good come out of it? Sure, the kid provoked the cop to violate his rights, and the cop got fired. Three weeks from now that cop will be working for another police department, and almost certainly dealing with far more stressful situations than a college dorm. That bugger's probably going to kill someone.

Well, I cant speak for anyone else but I appreciate your concern for your fellow Ron Paul patriots.

Here is my pledge to you: I will do my best to stay under the radar so that I can continue to be a foot soldier in our struggle for freedom.

Thank you. *hugs* (no ****)

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Well, I cant speak for anyone else but I appreciate your concern for your fellow Ron Paul patriots.

Here is my pledge to you: I will do my best to stay under the radar so that I can continue to be a foot soldier in our struggle for freedom.

Thank you. *hugs* (no ****)

Heh, we don't even have to stay under the radar, just stay out of the doggone line of fire.

PS - the French National Anthem (La Marseillaise) was actually pretty intense:

Arise, children of the Fatherland,
The day of glory has arrived!
Against us tyranny's
Bloody banner is raised
Bloody banner is raised

Hear you, in the countryside,
The roar of these ferocious soldiers?
They come into your very arms
To butcher your sons, your wives!

(Refrain)
To arms, citizens,
Form your batallions!
Let us march! Let us march!
May impure blood
Water our fields!

Sacred love of France,
Lead, support our avenging arms!
Liberty, beloved Liberty,
Fight with your defenders!
Fight with your defenders!

Under our flags, let victory
Hasten to your manly tones!
May your dying enemies
See your triumph and our glory!

(Refrain)

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 08:23 AM

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to grasp. Escalating the situation puts yourself at risk. Period. It is almost never worth it, especially when you're just dealing with a fat, idiotic maggot on a power trip.

For what it's worth, there are ways you can demean and disrespect silly officers of arbitrary law that wouldn't make the situation so dangerous.

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 08:32 AM

One time, a cop was being a jerk and giving my friend a hard time for no reason. In response to an absurd request, he said "you're not my mom. You're just a cop. I'm not being detained, I don't have to do this." The cop punched him in the stomach and arrested him. A second cop came over and said "your friend will know to respect the uniform now."

Cops aren't professionals. In fact, they're usually assholes. It is predictable. Increasing your involvement with them, and the legal system in general, does nothing but put your life and your potential at risk. It does not make sense. Just ignore them as much as you can, and when their actions became intolerable, record them and instantly stream their actions onto the internet. Be firm and resolute, but make sure to keep a calm tone without making any violent hand gestures. And for goodness sake, don't actually be guilty of a crime! Be above the line in everything you do --- no drug use, no violence, no public drunkeness, no theft, no reckless driving. If you're confident that you're innocent, your interactions with the law will be much more pleasant.

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 09:03 AM
One time, a cop was being a jerk and giving my friend a hard time for no reason. In response to an absurd request, he said "you're not my mom. You're just a cop. I'm not being detained, I don't have to do this." The cop punched him in the stomach and arrested him. A second cop came over and said "your friend will know to respect the uniform now."

Cops aren't professionals. In fact, they're usually assholes. It is predictable. Increasing your involvement with them, and the legal system in general, does nothing but put your life and your potential at risk. It does not make sense. Just ignore them as much as you can, and when their actions became intolerable, record them and instantly stream their actions onto the internet. Be firm and resolute, but make sure to keep a calm tone without making any violent hand gestures. And for goodness sake, don't actually be guilty of a crime! Be above the line in everything you do --- no drug use, no violence, no public drunkeness, no theft, no reckless driving. If you're confident that you're innocent, your interactions with the law will be much more pleasant.

In other words be a nice little boy and do as you are commanded in exchange for the "pleasant" experience. This is how freedom dies. No thanks.

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 11:19 AM
In other words be a nice little boy and do as you are commanded in exchange for the "pleasant" experience. This is how freedom dies. No thanks.

That's what you got out of what I said? Really?

Some of you people think life is an action movie. It isn't. The world is not a stage and you are not the star. You can serve humanity much better by spreading the message of liberty and leading by example than you can if you get locked up or killed by a cop who chooses to interpret your words or actions in a certain way. We don't need martyrs. We need advocates and activists.

Don't be an idiot. Don't be an asshole. Be confident, be strong, be a freaking bastion of success, responsibility, and knowledge, and spout liberty constantly. That's really hard to do if you're dead, maimed, or behind bars.

specsaregood
12-14-2012, 11:28 AM
The world is not a stage and you are not the star.
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/12/1/129041481792766177.jpg

AGRP
12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
The boiling frog technique has worked very well on some here.

LibForestPaul
12-14-2012, 11:55 AM
The University of Kentucky – Lexington (UKL) Police Department says it is reviewing the conduct of two of its officers after they appeared in a viral YouTube video threatening a student with expulsion while forcing their way into his dorm room on Saturday.

The University of Kentucky Police Department is reviewing the conduct of two of their officers after a video of a dorm room raid went viral.

Official university policy, obtained by Campus Reform on Tuesday, states that police officers may not sear

Damnit men. I told you to have these cameras disappear before doing this shit. Policy is chk for recording devices, persuade or accidently force these devices off, then proceed as usual. Fuck, how hard is this.

Golding
12-14-2012, 11:57 AM
An excellent job exposing the police. Those people arguing about how rude the student was are ignoring the actual crimes committed on camera.

QuickZ06
12-14-2012, 12:14 PM
An excellent job exposing the police. Those people arguing about how rude the student was are ignoring the actual crimes committed on camera.

This. He got a bad cop off the streets, period. Heck they all should have been fired as they should have policed their buddy to not violate the mans rights. No matter what none of us where in his shoes and he was obviously smart enough to place a camera before he started to really express himself. Sad a bunch of so called professionals allows a little freedom of speech to get them all worked up and disregard the Constitution.

AGRP
12-14-2012, 12:58 PM

Rude people are terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hIlo7KD2L0

angelatc
12-14-2012, 01:30 PM

That doesn't work. They'll pick fights with you.

AGRP
12-14-2012, 01:43 PM
When they were 20 foot down the hallway, closing the door would have been simple. :rolleyes:

Instead the kid jumps out and chases them down yelling at them.

Of course its the womans fault if she taunted her rapist. She was asking for it.

Whos picking the fight with whom? Lets just forget how the cops went to his room and forcibly propped his door open against his will. I guess we must be seeing things. Is there a video out there were he went to the cops personal residences and demanded entry into their homes?

Its the womans fault she got raped. She smelled so good and her dress was irresistible. If youre going to dress and smell like that you are going to get raped. If you dont want rapists raping, then dont tempt them. Its predictable.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 01:53 PM
That doesn't work. They'll pick fights with you.

Yes, because they want you to give them an excuse to kill you, or put you in a cage with a rapist.

Don't throw rocks at dogs.

Don't do the lambada in a snake pit.

Don't call the cops.

Don't touch a hot stove.

Don't stick your tongue in a light socket.

Don't piss on a cop's face just for fun.

Don't go ice-skating on thin ice.

It has nothing to do with right or wrong, it's about being wise, and maximizing your ability to fight to take down the tyranny. If you are dead, or locked in a cage with deviant-Bubba, you aren't going to be doing a whole lot of taking down the broken and corrupt system.

AGRP
12-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Yes, because they want you to give them an excuse to kill you, or put you in a cage with a rapist.

Don't throw rocks at dogs. (Initiate force)

Don't do the lambada in a snake pit. (Initiate force)

Don't call the cops. (Initiate contact)

Don't touch a hot stove. (Initiate force)

Don't stick your tongue in a light socket. (Initiate force)

Don't piss on a cop's face just for fun. (Initiate force)

Don't go ice-skating on thin ice. (Initiate force)

It has nothing to do with right or wrong, it's about being wise, and maximizing your ability to fight to take down the tyranny. If you are dead, or locked in a cage with deviant-Bubba, you aren't going to be doing a whole lot of taking down the broken and corrupt system.

Who initiated the force? The cops or the young man?

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Of course its the womans fault if she taunted her rapist. She was asking for it.

Whos picking the fight with whom? Lets just forget how the cops went to his room and forcibly propped his door open against his will. I guess we must be seeing things. Is there a video out there were he went to the cops personal residences and demanded entry into their homes?

Its the womans fault she got raped. She smelled so good and her dress was irresistible. If youre going to dress and smell like that you are going to get raped. If you dont want rapists raping, then dont tempt them. Its predictable.

You can continue to try and call a rape a woman's fault, or continue to lie and pretend that that's how I think all you want, it's still either stupid or a lie, and it's quite immoral. You wouldn't want people to lie about what you believe, but it's ok for you to lie about others? You hypocrite!

How do you deal with a rapist? By lodging a 180 grain chunk of lead and copper inside of it's brain housing group.

The cops never crossed the threshhold. The cops gave up and walked away. The kid chased after them and provoked them until they came back. They came back and tossed his place.

If the kid HAD had anything illegal, then he'd be in prison right now (or dead), and this jackboot thug would be getting a medal.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Who initiated the force? The cops or the young man?

words are not force.

"Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me."

ETA - and for that matter, launching out and giving chase is sometimes 'called' aggressive force. Which is BS, but in that case it would be the kid who chased the cops.

AGRP
12-14-2012, 02:06 PM
You can continue to try and call a rape a woman's fault, or continue to lie and pretend that that's how I think all you want, it's still either stupid or a lie, and it's quite immoral. You wouldn't want people to lie about what you believe, but it's ok for you to lie about others? You hypocrite!

How do you deal with a rapist? By lodging a 180 grain chunk of lead and copper inside of it's brain housing group.

The cops never crossed the threshhold. [You must be watching a different video.] The cops gave up and walked away. The kid chased after them and provoked them until they came back. They came back and tossed his place.

If the kid HAD had anything illegal, then he'd be in prison right now (or dead), and this jackboot thug would be getting a medal.

Denying the rape analogy applies doesnt make it so.

AGRP
12-14-2012, 02:10 PM
words are not force.

"Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me."

ETA - and for that matter, launching out and giving chase is sometimes 'called' aggressive force. Which is BS, but in that case it would be the kid who chased the cops.

Where did I state words were force? Thanks for the lively debate.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Denying the rape analogy applies doesnt make it so.

Calling me a rapists advocate is vile, and a blatant lie. You can stick to your hypocrisy for the rest of your life, your stubbornness won't make you any less of a liar or a hypocrite.

Rapists should be killed on the spot, by shooting them in the head in the process of their aggression. Or slashed in the throat until they bleed out like a pig.

There is no parallel except in your concocted and manufactured brain. You would object to the use of bullshit fake propaganda to piss on you, which makes you a hypocrite and immoral for doing the same to others.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Where did I state words were force? Thanks for the lively debate.

Words were the medium where the argument was actually waged, until the kid gave chase. That's when it devolved.

Hell, you don't even like the truth when it colors your argument, and you wonder why I get pissed over your rape advocacy lies?

Freedom will never work in an immoral society that does not believe in nonaggression or the golden rule. When you think it's OK to smear and propagandize others, but then take offense to it yourself, then you are part of the problem why America can't have liberty. That is the fundamental root to what is allowing the development of tyranny in America today.

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 02:53 PM
That's what you got out of what I said? Really?

Some of you people think life is an action movie. It isn't. The world is not a stage and you are not the star. You can serve humanity much better by spreading the message of liberty and leading by example than you can if you get locked up or killed by a cop who chooses to interpret your words or actions in a certain way. We don't need martyrs. We need advocates and activists.

Don't be an idiot. Don't be an asshole. Be confident, be strong, be a freaking bastion of success, responsibility, and knowledge, and spout liberty constantly. That's really hard to do if you're dead, maimed, or behind bars.

Yes, that is what I took away from what you said or perhaps how you wrote it.

You started with an anecdote:

One time, a cop was being a jerk and giving my friend a hard time for no reason. In response to an absurd request, he said "you're not my mom. You're just a cop. I'm not being detained, I don't have to do this." The cop punched him in the stomach and arrested him. A second cop came over and said "your friend will know to respect the uniform now.".

Now in this anecdote your friend stuck up for his rights. He was assaulted while you looked on. You each got a "lesson" and he got a "thumping."

You then go on to explain why you should not exert your rights and how you feel you should handle it if your rights are infringed.

I'm sorry. I don't, can't, live my life that way. If myself or a friend is assaulted by a cop for exercising their rights then I'm not gonna stand by and hope there is a camera rolling. I guess we just won't see eye to eye on this one.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 04:17 PM

Now in this anecdote your friend stuck up for his rights. He was assaulted while you looked on. You each got a "lesson" and he got a "thumping."

You then go on to explain why you should not exert your rights and how you feel you should handle it if your rights are infringed.

I'm sorry. I don't, can't, live my life that way. If myself or a friend is assaulted by a cop for exercising their rights then I'm not gonna stand by and hope there is a camera rolling. I guess we just won't see eye to eye on this one.

Um. Yeah, no. That's not at all what he said. Seriously, where are you getting this ludicrous notion that we are advocating against standing up for our rights?

If anything, we are advocating standing up for our rights even MORE solidly. Just do it in a way that doesn't give the pig an opening to kill you and get away with it.

You can humiliate a bully cop and put him in his place far more effectively by being the calm smiling one.

It's kinda like "revenge is a dish best served cold" someone says, 'hey, don't get your revenge in the passionate heat of the moment, but plan it out and make it REALLY hurt!' and you guys come back with "What, you want the guy to get away with it? What the hell!"

That's why I am mind-boggled at these replies, inventing all kinds of crazy stuff we aren't saying or implying.

There has to be some kind of bizarre perception filter that you guys have thrown up around what the King and I are saying, because what you guys are telling us we are saying bears no resemblance to what we are actually saying. :(

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Um. Yeah, no. That's not at all what he said. Seriously, where are you getting this ludicrous notion that we are advocating against standing up for our rights?

I explained it the best way I know how. That is honestly what I read (into) the second paragraph after having read the anecdote in the first. If it is a misinterpretation then that is possible. I can only go by how I interpret something expressed in words.

If anything, we are advocating standing up for our rights even MORE solidly. Just do it in a way that doesn't give the pig an opening to kill you and get away with it.

Gunny, we both know that complete acquiescence can lead to that.

You can humiliate a bully cop and put him in his place far more effectively by being the calm smiling one.

It's kinda like "revenge is a dish best served cold" someone says, 'hey, don't get your revenge in the passionate heat of the moment, but plan it out and make it REALLY hurt!' and you guys come back with "What, you want the guy to get away with it? What the hell!"

I've never believed in that. I deal with bullies the same no matter who they are. Again, that's just me. It is how I was raised, how I live my life and how I will continue to do so.

That's why I am mind-boggled at these replies, inventing all kinds of crazy stuff we aren't saying or implying.

There has to be some kind of bizarre perception filter that you guys have thrown up around what the King and I are saying, because what you guys are telling us we are saying bears no resemblance to what we are actually saying. :(

Again, that is how I read the second paragraph when it was framed in regards to the first.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 04:52 PM
I explained it the best way I know how. That is honestly what I read (into) the second paragraph after having read the anecdote in the first. If it is a misinterpretation then that is possible. I can only go by how I interpret something expressed in words.

Gunny, we both know that complete acquiescence can lead to that.

Who is advocating for acquiescence in any way, shape or form?

See that's what I am saying. Nobody is advocating acquiescence, nobody. The King and I are advocating for adjusting the character of resistance such that you resist MORE heavily, while deliberately refusing to give them an opening to hit back.

I've never believed in that. I deal with bullies the same no matter who they are. Again, that's just me. It is how I was raised, how I live my life and how I will continue to do so.

Again, that is how I read the second paragraph when it was framed in regards to the first.

Then how you read it is different than what was written. That's why I am saying you must have thrown up a perception filter that alters what we are saying to your perspective, because that is not what we are saying at all.

The next question, is do you believe us when we tell you what we are and are not saying, or would you rather believe the data your perception filter is giving you, with the base assumption that the King and I really don't know what we are actually saying after all?

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 04:56 PM
I'll even demonstrate it:

KingNothing - are you in any way shape or form advocating that the student should have acquiesced and complied with the officers?

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Who is advocating for acquiescence in any way, shape or form?

See that's what I am saying. Nobody is advocating acquiescence, nobody. The King and I are advocating for adjusting the character of resistance such that you resist MORE heavily, while deliberately refusing to give them an opening to hit back.

Then how you read it is different than what was written. That's why I am saying you must have thrown up a perception filter that alters what we are saying to your perspective, because that is not what we are saying at all.

The next question, is do you believe us when we tell you what we are and are not saying, or would you rather believe the data your perception filter is giving you, with the base assumption that the King and I really don't know what we are actually saying after all?

Gunny, my comment about acquiecence was in relation to your sentence:

Just do it in a way that doesn't give the pig an opening to kill you and get away with it.

Admit it. Doing everything the way you are supposed to can still lead to a "thumping." Don't make me bring up the cases. You've seen them here before.

I GET what you are saying. For some, sage words. For others it just goes against how they live their lives. However, my response was to THAT specific post. Not the conversation in general. Perhaps, just perhaps, your perception is off from defending yourself, and Kingnothing, against others that have been argueing opposing views and I just arrived late for the party.
So I'll simply state my point, again...
I would not stand by and allow a friend to be physically assaulted by a police officer for exercising his rights and hope that it is caught on tape so I can enact revenge when the "dish is cold."
I just don't operate that way.

Anyways, I appreciate your plus rep. to bring my attention back to this thread. I respect that and you for it.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Gunny, my comment about acquiecence was in relation to your sentence:

Admit it. Doing everything the way you are supposed to can still lead to a "thumping." Don't make me bring up the cases. You've seen them here before.

I GET what you are saying. For some, sage words. For others it just goes against how they live their lives. However, my response was to THAT specific post. Not the conversation in general. Perhaps, just perhaps, your perception is off from defending yourself, and Kingnothing, against others that have been argueing opposing views and I just arrived late for the party.
So I'll simply state my point, again...
I would not stand by and allow a friend to be physically assaulted by a police officer for exercising his rights and hope that it is caught on tape so I can enact revenge when the "dish is cold."
I just don't operate that way.

Anyways, I appreciate your plus rep. to bring my attention back to this thread. I respect that and you for it.

the point about revenge had nothing to do with this thread except to demonstrate how what we are saying is being distorted.

For instance, nobody in this thread ever said anything about standing by and doing nothing either. Nobody said that, and yet that seems to be what you are seeing here according to this post. You can't point to anything that gives any indication whatsoever that any of us would stand by and do nothing while an innocent friend was getting beat down by cops. Because nothing of the sort was ever said. By anybody in the thread.

Yet, that's what you SAW. So it's pretty clear to me that you and especially AGRP are seing things that just aren't there to justify a predisposition against taking a more mature less confrontational tact when keeping cops out of our business.

And yes, doing everything perfect can still lead to a roid raging cop exacting vengeance. But then, waking out on a sunny and cloudless day can still lead to geting struck by lightening. That does not however make playing golf in a thunderstorm wiser.

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 06:42 PM
the point about revenge had nothing to do with this thread except to demonstrate how what we are saying is being distorted.

For instance, nobody in this thread ever said anything about standing by and doing nothing either. Nobody said that, and yet that seems to be what you are seeing here according to this post. You can't point to anything that gives any indication whatsoever that any of us would stand by and do nothing while an innocent friend was getting beat down by cops. Because nothing of the sort was ever said. By anybody in the thread.

First paragraph...

This anecdote did not finish with "and once that cop assaulted my friend I lit in to him and his partner."

Yet, that's what you SAW. So it's pretty clear to me that you and especially AGRP are seing things that just aren't there to justify a predisposition against taking a more mature less confrontational tact when keeping cops out of our business.

And yes, doing everything perfect can still lead to a roid raging cop exacting vengeance. But then, waking out on a sunny and cloudless day can still lead to geting struck by lightening. That does not however make playing golf in a thunderstorm wiser.

Again, it seems like you are tying me to things that ARGP, or others, may have posted. Please, deal only with what I have posted. Starting from the original post.
I don't consider self-defense a "mature less confrontational tact" when a bud is being assaulted.
I guess me and KINGNOTHING will just have to disagree.

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 06:58 PM

Yea, you are right. I totally should have fought or pulled a gun on the cop.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 06:58 PM
First paragraph...

This anecdote did not finish with "and once that cop assaulted my friend I lit in to him and his partner."

How in the world do you get acquiescence out of that? I admit that I am flummoxed.

So KingNothing had a moment where he was frozen in place, as is common to all creatures when the fight or flight response is suddenly and unexpectedly triggered. Maybe he would have been active in his friends defense, or maybe he would have brought out a legal ass-whipping that left the cop unemployed or jailed if he had had space or opportunity to compose himself. Or maybe there were 4 cops and one unarmed person vs 4 armed cops presented a severe tactical disadvantage. Or maybe the cops partner had stepped in front of KN and blocked any possible action. Or maybe KN is doing everything in his power to put an end to police tyranny, did the math, and concluded that he would be more effective crushing the tyrants on the outside than locked in a cell for 20 years with Bubba. You don't know and I don't know. You are reading into the anecdote something was just not present, because you have assumed that such things can only happen a certain way.

Again, it seems like you are tying me to things that ARGP, or others, may have posted. Please, deal only with what I have posted. Starting from the original post.
I don't consider self-defense a "mature less confrontational tact" when a bud is being assaulted.

OK, I suppose I'll just leave you alone to disagree with something he never said. The only real loss there is yours, so it's certainly your right as a sovereign person. :)

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 07:00 PM
I'll even demonstrate it:

KingNothing - are you in any way shape or form advocating that the student should have acquiesced and complied with the officers?

Never. He shouldn't have even opened the door for them when they originally knocked.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Never. He shouldn't have even opened the door for them when they originally knocked.

See? Can't get much clearer than that. :)

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 07:06 PM
First paragraph...

Me repeatedly saying "he did nothing wrong, what are you doing to him?!" immediately got me cuffed by the second cop. There was nothing I could do.

We went to court, fought the contempt of cop charges, and won. THAT is how you handle this. Had it happened to me a few years earlier than it did, when I acted like I imagine you would now, the results could have been entirely different and potentially fatal.

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 07:07 PM
How in the world do you get acquiescence out of that? I admit that I am flummoxed.

So KingNothing had a moment where he was frozen in place, as is common to all creatures when the fight or flight response is suddenly and unexpectedly triggered. Maybe he would have been active in his friends defense, or maybe he would have brought out a legal ass-whipping that left the cop unemployed or jailed if he had had space or opportunity to compose himself. Or maybe there were 4 cops and one unarmed person vs 4 armed cops presented a severe tactical disadvantage. Or maybe the cops partner had stepped in front of KN and blocked any possible action. Or maybe KN is doing everything in his power to put an end to police tyranny, did the math, and concluded that he would be more effective crushing the tyrants on the outside than locked in a cell for 20 years with Bubba. You don't know and I don't know. You are reading into the anecdote something was just not present, because you have assumed that such things can only happen a certain way.

ac·qui·escedac·qui·esc·ing

Definition of ACQUIESCE

: to accept, comply, or submit tacitly or passively —often used with in and sometimes with to

doesn't matter how it is done. It is done. And excuses are made.

OK, I suppose I'll just leave you alone to disagree with something he never said. The only real loss there is yours, so it's certainly your right as a sovereign person. :)

Then let him explain himself instead of you doing it for him. ;)

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2012, 07:11 PM

Definition of ACQUIESCE

: to accept, comply, or submit tacitly or passively —often used with in and sometimes with to

Looks to me that he actually had to be restrained. So apparently I was reading it accurately. :)

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 07:14 PM

Definition of ACQUIESCE

You are not Braveheart. You are not a super hero. Life is not a movie, and we are not certain to come out on top in every confrontation. Shoukd I have been willing to die during my event? If I fought back, if I hurt one cop before the other hurt or killed me, what would the consequence have been? Would my state have drafted any laws to curb police use of force, or would the FOP have won in its predicatble battle to give even more power to cops?

Some of you people are either very young and immature, totally delusional, or depressingly stupid. You've apparently no concept of choosing battles wisely.

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Me repeatedly saying "he did nothing wrong, what are you doing to him?!" immediately got me cuffed by the second cop. There was nothing I could do.

That's a real shame.

We went to court, fought the contempt of cop charges, and won. THAT is how you handle this. Had it happened to me a few years earlier than it did, when I acted like I imagine you would now, the results could have been entirely different and potentially fatal.

Nice "Anything but my way must be immature" gambit. I'm not living in my Momma's basement.
The results could have been "entirely different and potentially fatal" regardless. In fact they could have waited until you were at the prison and cuffed until they decided to butt rape you with a broom. Boy, you could really get back at them then!
No thanks. We just don't see eye to eye.

angelatc
12-14-2012, 07:16 PM
I know I'm jaded, but seriously, cops are not really human. I got pulled over about a year ago, and I played the "Yes, sir. No, sir. I am sorry, Sir. You are right, it was dumb" game with some skinhead wearing a badge for 20 minutes while he got madder and madder and madder.

I finally snapped, and said "Are you going to give me a ticket or what? I get it - I broke a traffic law. What do you want me to do?"

He said I could go.

I really have no clue what that exchange was supposed to mean, but there was clearly something wrong with that cop. Nothing I could have done could have prompted him to treat me with an iota of respect, or even like an adult. Of course, I didn't get out of the car and screech that he was afraid to give me a ticket, because he was in the wrong too (which he was), but assuming even that not provoking them is the answer isn't always right.

I think if I hadn't smarted off the guy might have ended up shooting me - he was working himself into that much of a frenzy. Over a minor traffic violation, resulting from my confusion about a spontaneous traffic diversion.

My son was with me. After about 5 minutes he said, "Wow. That was really freaky." And it was.

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 07:17 PM
You are not Braveheart. You are not a super hero. Life is not a movie, and we are not certain to come out on top in every confrontation. Shoukd I have been willing to die during my event? If I fought back, if I hurt one cop before the other hurt or killed me, what would the consequence have been? Would my state have drafted any laws to curb police use of force, or would the FOP have won in its predicatble battle to give even more power to cops?

Some of you people are either very young and immature, totally delusional, or depressingly stupid. You've apparently no concept of choosing battles wisely.

Ah, now the "you're living in a fantasy world" gambit. My world is not fantasy. I just choose to live it a different way.

And again the immature. And add stupid.

Glad your not my 'friend.' I require a bit more out of them and offer in return.

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Phill, you realize it takes a stronger man to reject the impulse of violence than it does to embrace it, right?

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Looks to me that he actually had to be restrained. So apparently I was reading it accurately. :)

For running about and replying "Wailey! Wailey! Wailey!" Give me a break. :rolleyes:

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Phill, you realize it takes a stronger man to reject the impulse of violence than it does to embrace it, right?

The "impulse to violence" can take many forms. Some should be rejected and some acted upon.

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Damn shame I didn't kill a cop and lose my own life to rage against charges that were thrown out.

angelatc
12-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Damn shame I didn't kill a cop and lose my own life to rage against charges that were thrown out.

OK, when you have to resort to the ridiculous to prove some point, maybe it's time to let it go.

(And for this I get a neg? He's on the ropes.)

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Ah, now the "you're living in a fantasy world" gambit. My world is not fantasy. I just choose to live it a different way.

And again the immature. And add stupid.

Glad your not my 'friend.' I require a bit more out of them and offer in return.

To which I receive....

neg rep Thread: Video: Univ Of Kentucky...
seek help. KingNothing.

I'm stupid, immature, living in a fantasy world and I need to seek help. Just because I wouldn't put up with a cop assaulting a friend.
Well, I guess that is just the world I live in then. I have no regrets.

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 07:38 PM
OK, when you have to resort to the ridiculous to prove some point, maybe it's time to let it go.

You have no idea what you are saying. Violence, or the threat of violence, necessarily requires the willingness to carry it through to death. Otherwise it means nothing. There are no half-measures. Actions have consequences and you must be willing to endure them before you act. We can't be brash. We have to be thoughtful, deliberate, confident and resolute. Being careless in word and deed is not something we can be. Gunny knows that. You do not.

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 07:39 PM
To which I receive....

neg rep Thread: Video: Univ Of Kentucky...
seek help. KingNothing.

I'm stupid, immature, living in a fantasy world and I need to seek help. Just because I wouldn't put up with a cop assaulting a friend.
Well, I guess that is just the world I live in then. I have no regrets.

So what would you have done? Carry it all the way out in your head. Think it through and tell me where it leads you, and what the social consequences could be.

phill4paul
12-14-2012, 07:45 PM
So what would you have done? Carry it all the way out in your head. Think it through and tell me where it leads you, and what the social consequences could be.

No. I'm immature. I'm stupid. I'm living in a fantasy world. I need to seek help. Why would you care for my opinion?
I'm done with you.

KingNothing
12-14-2012, 07:50 PM
No. I'm immature. I'm stupid. I'm living in a fantasy world. I need to seek help. Why would you care for my opinion?
I'm done with you.

I do not want you to post what you would have done - I just asked you to think it through, for your own sake.

angelatc
12-14-2012, 07:59 PM
You have no idea what you are saying. Violence, or the threat of violence, necessarily requires the willingness to carry it through to death. Otherwise it means nothing. There are no half-measures. Actions have consequences and you must be willing to endure them before you act. We can't be brash. We have to be thoughtful, deliberate, confident and resolute. Being careless in word and deed is not something we can be. Gunny knows that. You do not.

Lovely bit of condescending speech, but you really missed the whole point. Oh well. I should have known better.

Liberty74
12-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I actually lived in that very dorm called Haggin Hall in 1992-93 this student did the video taping. My window was "the window" for the many people sneaking alcohol into the dorm. I heard the windows in that hall have been changed to not allow things (included sneaking girls since the dorm was male only after hours) to be brought in through the new windows. Not sure why this student was pouring booze out the window. That is just not very student like to waste. :p

Anyhoo, back in my day, we didn't have such cops. Actually, I don't ever remember seeing cops much less 3 in one place. Heck, most of the RAs were pretty cool and didn't threaten anyone who had booze unless one was being completely stupid and out of control.

Oh no, a student has booze. Get him. Arrest him. Fine him. Throw him out of school. Really???