PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul forums are amazingly fast!!

Elijah
11-21-2007, 01:54 AM
The Ron Paul forums are amazingly fast!! What is running this beast? Some flavor of Linux? What kind of hardware?

These forums are very impressive to be able to handle this kind of load and demand. I have been a member of well over 30 forums over the past 10 years and these forums are just so fast!!

Congrats to the server design, setup and configuration of these forums!! Amazing job!

axiomata
11-21-2007, 02:00 AM
I remember the days when the forums would go down in the middle of the debates. They admins have done a great job since then.

Perry
11-21-2007, 02:01 AM
The Ron Paul forums are amazingly fast!! What is running this beast? Some flavor of Linux? What kind of hardware?

These forums are very impressive to be able to handle this kind of load and demand. I have been a member of well over 30 forums over the past 10 years and these forums are just so fast!!

Congrats to the server design, setup and configuration of these forums!! Amazing job!

They are fast but they are also streamlined & skimping on some thing like smilies & such. We had a thread here with the server stats a few weeks back when they made the upgrade but i can't remember the title. I'm interested to see how it does mid December when 4000-5000 people are knocking the doors down.

Bryan
11-21-2007, 02:02 AM
It is Linux on a quad core Xeon processor loaded with enough memory to run the whole site in a quarter of it with a RAID hard drive setup just in case. :) My guess is we can handle 5,000 users. :)

Thanks.

Perry
11-21-2007, 02:02 AM
I remember the days when the forums would go down in the middle of the debates. They admins have done a great job since then.

EVERY SINGLE DEBATE, FUNDRAISER, TELEVISION SPOT YOU NAME IT!!

Oh man that sucked. :p

nexus7
11-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Yes but be warned. If a marxist moderator doesn't agree with you on immigration, you might be kicked off.

amonasro
11-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Yes, and ronpaulforum.com was our backup

Elijah
11-21-2007, 02:07 AM
It is Linux on a quad core Xeon processor loaded with enough memory to run the whole site in a quarter of it with a RAID hard drive setup just in case. :) My guess is we can handle 5,000 users. :)

Great job Bryan!! I am impressed, so this whole site runs off RAM, awesome! I am confident it will handle the load!! What flavor of Linux is it btw?

These forums are just so peppy!

Hey Bryan have you heard of the new ioDrive coming out by Fusion IO?? 1,000x faster than a HDD!

These things make me horny!! --> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/34065/135/

Great job once again!

Perry
11-21-2007, 02:19 AM
3:13pm est. That was a little more than ironic wasn't it?:D

As I was about to say before the server rebooted(or whatever happened)---
Don't tell me you had to reboot to figure out what OS you're on?:p
ANYWAY...A prediction for you Bryan:
On Dec 16th we'll be looking at between 3500-4000 people and come New Hampshire...even with 16gb ram you'd better make sure that raid is defragged.:)

V4Vendetta
11-21-2007, 02:37 AM

Thanks.

Thats Freakin Awesome... I bet that server IS NOT CHEAP, QUAD PROCESSORS? lol

How much RAM?

How much is the server costing you to host this forum? lol

V4Vendetta
11-21-2007, 02:51 AM
Great job Bryan!! I am impressed, so this whole site runs off RAM, awesome! I am confident it will handle the load!! What flavor of Linux is it btw?

Hey Bryan have you heard of the new ioDrive coming out by Fusion IO?? 1,000x faster than a HDD!

Great job once again!

LOL, that looks totally SWEET!

But at $13,000, I can wait ;)

Mortikhi
11-21-2007, 07:48 AM

Great job once again!
I smell a social engineering hacker...

kidding!

Man from La Mancha
11-21-2007, 12:59 PM

Thanks.Nice to have the rational to make ronpaulforums work good you had to get yourself a new computer:D

american.swan
11-21-2007, 06:44 PM

Thanks.

Bandwidth is also an issue. It must have some nice bandwidth to handle all the request.

The only change I would make in my "dream" system would be to make it a duel processor motherboard with quad core Xeon processors.

Voice
11-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I bet you'll need a cluster by January.

Elijah
11-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Maybe we can get the owner of Fusion IO to be a Ron Paul fan and donate a ioDrive!!!