PDA

View Full Version : How do other military members support RP?

jlink7
11-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Anyway, I'm an U.S. military officer currently deployed and was recently (and pleasantly) surprised to discover that the forums weren't specifically blocked by the filter here as so much else is.

I also posted something very simliar to this today in the "introduce yourself" thread.

Being in the military and deployed, I really feel like I have my hands tied as far as supporting Dr. Paul is concerned. There is really no platform to express my beliefs locally without jeopardizing my career, and I'm reluctant to even mention that I'm in the military when I write letters that are "pro-Paul" in case that it could be construed as using my position to influence.

I do what I can (have donated three separate times now, $500 on Nov 5) and plan on supporting Dr. Paul in whatever ways possible until he is my next Commander-in-Chief.

My question is really what do other military members, especially active duty officer, do to support Dr. Paul?

aroberso
11-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Can you access www.vetvoice.com?

If so, you may check out the blog from Dr. Paul today and potentially comment there. I believe some other active millitary was able to do so, not sure if they were deployed though.

Thanks for your service to our country.

foofighter20x
11-21-2007, 01:54 AM
^^Technical Sergeant, USAF, Active duty.^^

I moderate the forums since I can't campaign or convert any of the Aussies around me... :)

Ranger29860
11-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Well im not a officer but im in the same boat your in. Cant say to much over here withought getting the "Should we take his bolt" response i try to sneak in little ron paul tibits when ever people talk about hillary or guiliani but i dont mention his stance on the war to to many people only the ones i know wont go crazy.

But i let the other ones find out for themselves so far ive converted 3 people.

Heres a tip porta-jon walls are a great place to right stuff about his campaign

aroberso
11-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Well im not a officer but im in the same boat your in. Cant say to much over here withought getting the "Should we take his bolt" response i try to sneak in little ron paul tibits when ever people talk about hillary or guiliani but i dont mention his stance on the war to to many people only the ones i know wont go crazy.

But i let the other ones find out for themselves so far ive converted 3 people.

Heres a tip porta-jon walls are a great place to right stuff about his campaign

What does "should we take his bolt" mean?

Ranger29860
11-21-2007, 02:01 AM
What does "should we take his bolt" mean?

It means should we take the bolt out of the weapon so he cant hurt himself or others .. Basicly its a way of calling someone crazy

john_anderson_ii
11-21-2007, 02:08 AM
I guess we have it easier in the reserves. I was in the reserves for a couple of years before I got out completely. To hear the guys I know tell it, quite a few Marines are Ron Paul supporters, and their not quiet about it. Especially with their platoon sergeant encouraging it.

jlink7
11-21-2007, 04:19 AM
Can you access www.vetvoice.com?

If so, you may check out the blog from Dr. Paul today and potentially comment there. I believe some other active millitary was able to do so, not sure if they were deployed though.

Thanks for your service to our country.

Yes, I am able to access it. Thanks for the reference to another great resource.

ClayTrainor
11-21-2007, 04:28 AM
not to sound ignorant or anything, (i am canadian)

but im amazed to hear you say "I really feel like I have my hands tied as far as supporting Dr. Paul is concerned."

Do they really constrain you from having an opinion that might include getting troops out of iraq?

hearing stuff like that really frustrates me, i really respect you guys over there, and i wanna hear what all of you really think about the situation, it angers me so much that your career could actually be jeopardized because you support Ron Paul.

Thanks so much for your contribution to the country and Dr. Paul

starless
11-21-2007, 05:31 AM
Grrr... Air Force just blocked the forums at work... :(

MadOdorMachine
11-21-2007, 07:06 AM
Yeah the forums are blocked at my work now too. As far as the OP goes, I just got out a little over a year ago, but I came right back as an Air Force Civilian. I didn't re-enlist primarily because of Iraq. Working as a civilian is so much nicer. You get most of the benefits, but hardly any of the draw backs.

I know how you feel about being able to voice your opinion. I was commenting once at work why I didn't think we should be over there and was approached by several people who tried to persuade me that we were doing the right thing over there. I don't really blame them though because people, especially in the military, have been conditioned to think the way they do. We follow orders, under the guise that they are true and what is best. I think that's the biggest problem in America right now. People have trusted their government in the past, but now we have an administration that has lost it's trust in the people. When I first found out about Ron Paul, I saw his record and I didn't agree with him on every view, but I knew where he stood. There is a trust that is there with Ron Paul that isn't there with any other candidate.

troyd1
11-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Promote his ardent support for veterans issues. His vfw pac endorsement for congress.

Dequeant
11-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Staff Sergeant right here. I donate, and spread the word best i can. I can't solicit on base, but my truck is like a rolling billboard and they can't get me for that. Naturally people ask me "who is that guy" and then i can explain. I also stamp my money and any letters i send out.

I'm also part of the local meetup and we threw a concert last weekend.

thehittgirl
11-21-2007, 08:31 AM
God bless you servicemen and women for Ron Paul. I admire you.

Iwantbatteries
11-21-2007, 08:41 AM
LT here, wish there was more I could do to support Dr Paul here in Korea (Where by the way we are spending US money to defend a foreign nation)

RPinSEAZ
11-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Put liberty cards in the rolls of toilet paper. It seems like in most bathrooms, especially on post, nobody knows how to put the TP in the holder so I leave them sticking up out of the end of the roll. Gives people something to read while they're there.

DjLoTi
11-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Hello,
I'm in the Navy active duty and I run Ron Paul radio.com

It's not easy being politically active, especially being an officer which places additional contraints on your abilities to be active.

I was very concerned about this as well, and have since been more outspoken about my military enlistment. My recommendation would be to talk to the JAG to get a better understanding. My JAG was actually a campaigner for John Kerry, so that was pretty cool. That's my best recommendation, good luck!

jlink7
11-21-2007, 09:00 AM
I'll have to try that DjLoTi... the officer in the room next to mine is a JAG officer, so it's not like I don't know where to find him.