PDA

View Full Version : Former Florida officer to be executed for multiple murders

Tpoints
12-11-2012, 02:04 AM
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/officer-to-be-executed-manuel-pardo-former-florida-officer-convicted-of-9-murders

Smart3
12-11-2012, 03:32 AM
Unfortunate.

ghengis86
12-11-2012, 04:34 AM
I don't think the state's courts should have the power to kill. Lock this piece of shit away for the rest of his natural life.

alucard13mmfmj
12-11-2012, 05:28 AM
I don't think the state's courts should have the power to kill. Lock this piece of shit away for the rest of his natural life.

another 75,000 USD the prison system is going to get from housing that dirtbag?

Tpoints
12-11-2012, 05:30 AM
another 75,000 USD the prison system is going to get from housing that dirtbag?

yep, that's the liberal humanist logic, better for taxpayers to waste tens of thousands of dollars to keep a scumbag alive than to accidentally kill the wrong person.

alucard13mmfmj
12-11-2012, 05:33 AM
yep, that's the liberal humanist logic, better for taxpayers to waste tens of thousands of dollars to keep a scumbag alive than to accidentally kill the wrong person.

i am a former liberal ^^.

jmdrake
12-11-2012, 05:57 AM

I hope you're not the one "accidentally" killed. :rolleyes: It costs more to eventually kill someone via the death penalty than it does to keep them in prison for life. That's because of the cost of death penalty defense lawyer, the higher cost of the added security in prison etc. And if it wasn't for those checks and balances we would have killed innocent people. (People on death row have been released via DNA evidence). There are cases where guilt isn't so much in doubt and perhaps the system should be streamlined then. But even seemingly "cut and dry" cases have turned out to have twists in them. The best solution is a well armed citizenry that can immediately administer the "death penalty" in self defense if need be. Killing a killer after he's killed doesn't do nearly as much good as killing him while he's attempting to kill.

jmdrake
12-11-2012, 06:00 AM
From the article:

Pardo's life started on the other side of the law, according to court documents filed by his attorneys. At age 17, he enlisted in the Navy and served honorably served from 1974 to 1978. In 1981, Pardo re-enlisted in the Marines and remained a reservist while he worked for the Florida Highway Patrol and the Sweetwater, Florida, Police Department.

In 1985 Pardo was fired from the police department and left the reserves when, according to court documents, "he falsely testified in court about police corruption in the Bahamas." Hennis said the stress of losing his job, compounded with a serious undiagnosed disease, turned him into "someone he was not," a killer.

During his trial, Pardo took the stand and admitted to the murders. "He came up with this vigilante story," recalls Waksman. "He said, 'I'm ridding the community of this vermin and technically it is not murder because they're not human beings.'"

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/officer-to-be-executed-manuel-pardo-former-florida-officer-convicted-of-9-murders#ixzz2EkBTN5ET

I guess if he had managed to keep his job he'd just be getting unpaid leave about now. Or are there any death penalty cases for police officers who killed while on duty?