PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who likes this idea?

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Someone in my MeetUp group proposed it and we've gotten like zero response one way or the other- the National Canvassing Weekend- each Paul supporter canvasses 200 houses- nothing fancy, just drops off slim jims or literature. If we get 20 or 40 thousand to do this we have 8 million potential new voters/donors in time for the primaries and the Tea Party- cost to each supporter is like 12-16 bucks for campaign literature plus 2 hours of time. The equivalent of a direct mail to 8 million households would be huge.

McLane2007
11-21-2007, 01:29 AM
I love the idea

garrettwombat
11-21-2007, 01:30 AM
i wish i was the mailman so i could drop a slim jim off in everyones box.

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Well I would love to know how to get the idea going- a lot of us are limited in how much we can donate or are maxed out so the money bombs aren't as effective- we need to get more and mroe donors and more and more voters directly instead of relying on the campaign to run ads- I figure we can loosely organize through meet up groups as to which supporters will do what areas/neighborhoods.

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 01:35 AM
in our group we proposed the weekend of december 1st and december 2nd- anniversaryof rosa parks refusing to give up her seat and john brown's hanging- two pretty huge days in american political history- i can't think the press would trash rosa like guy fawkes

EvoPro
11-21-2007, 01:39 AM
It's a good idea. A website where people can submit how many houses they canvassed may be a good motivator. There could then be a counter. But, it would have to rely on the honour system.

McLane2007
11-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Ron Paul did vote against giving Rosa Parks a civil rights gold metal I'm sure that would come up in the media if we used that day.

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 01:43 AM
That would be outside of my area of expertise- lol- but if there were a way to tally the amounts, like the donations, itwould be fun to watch- come back fromyour canvassing and see thousands of other houses have been canvassed too.

McLane2007
11-21-2007, 01:45 AM
There is probably some google earth pro out there that could show areas coverd or something like that

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 01:48 AM
yeah but that was on the grounds it was a waste of taxpayer money- he voted down medals for the gipper and the pope too i thought- and the issue was brought up already in an interview with wolf blitzer-

McLane2007
11-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah I know but the media would spin it to make him look bad

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 02:03 AM
Regardless of the day- hell we don't need to specify the reason- it would be an effective tool to get out the message and drum up support- hitting 8 million households in one weekend- if only 1% of those ever give to the campaign that'd be 80 thousand households. plus, i don't think the parks issue is an issue- he has stated that when that vote came up he went to congress and offered to "chip in" 100 bucks to buyher a medal and suggested the other members of congress contribute as well instead of using taxpayer money...lol. they declined. RP is the judo master- people come at him full bore and he just side steps them and lets them fall on their face.

here's the video of the blitzer interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwuYKGIn38&feature=related

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 02:07 AM
screw it- i am arbitrarily and unilaterally declaring december 1st and december 2nd the ron paul canvassing weekend in honor of great practitioners of disobedience- some civil (rosa), others not (john brown). i will be out in my neighborhood canvasing.

who is coming with me?