PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Secession

cbrons
12-10-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm interviewing Dr. Thomas DiLorenzo for my show this coming Saturday.

I was wondering if the community here could suggest some questions to ask the good Dr. DiLorenzo on the topic of secession. If you come up with something well worded and concise, I will ask it on my show.

Not sure what the advertising policy is here, so I don't want to give out my website or anything.

Thanks for your time.

* Edit, the show website is www.cbrons.com (thank you to jdmyprez, the good moderator for approval). The show airs 6-8pm central on Wednesdays and Saturdays (links to listen live and podcasts are available on the website).

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-10-2012, 09:18 PM
You can go ahead and link to your show. That is fine!

As for the questions, I think it would be really interesting to ask him about the U.S. Military Academy at West Point teaching about the natural right of secession up until 1861 and if his research has revealed a consensus view of Union officers regarding their opinions on the right of secession.

SpreadOfLiberty
12-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Other than Texas, what states would be the best hypothetical possibilities for secession?

cbrons
12-10-2012, 09:24 PM
You can go ahead and link to your show. That is fine!

As for the questions, I think it would be really interesting to ask him about the U.S. Military Academy at West Point teaching about the natural right of secession up until 1861 and if his research has revealed a consensus view of Union officers regarding their opinions on the right of secession.

Interesting question. BTW I will make note of these.

cbrons
12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Other than Texas, what states would be the best hypothetical possibilities for secession?

Great question. Do you think Texas is currently the best hypothetical possibility for secession? Methinks the .gov would very much like to keep the 5th largest economy in the world under the jack boot of their oppressive tax collectors.

SpreadOfLiberty
12-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Great question. Do you think Texas is currently the best hypothetical possibility for secession? Methinks the .gov would very much like to keep the 5th largest economy in the world under the jack boot of their oppressive tax collectors.As of now I don't think Texas would be the best possibility, but it would be if the liberals fled.

cbrons
12-10-2012, 09:32 PM
As of now I don't think Texas would be the best possibility, but it would be if the liberals fled.

I wish.... I would love to move to a free Republic of Texas.

jay_dub
12-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm interviewing Dr. Thomas DiLorenzo for my show this coming Saturday.

I was wondering if the community here could suggest some questions to ask the good Dr. DiLorenzo on the topic of secession. If you come up with something well worded and concise, I will ask it on my show.

Not sure what the advertising policy is here, so I don't want to give out my website or anything.

Thanks for your time.

* Edit, the show website is www.cbrons.com (thank you to jdmyprez, the good moderator for approval). The show airs 6-8pm central on Wednesdays and Saturdays (links to listen live and podcasts are available on the website).

Why has the US applauded acts of secession in other countries, but denies that right to its own citizens? The USSR was broken up by secession, a right explicitly guaranteed under its 1977 constitution. More recently was the secession of South Sudan from Sudan just this year, which Obama applauded.

Did the SCOTUS make an ex post facto ruling in Texas v White when, in its opinion, it decreed that the states were never in secession, only rebellion?

Why did Salmon Chase say, in 1867, "If you bring these [Confederate] leaders to trial it will condemn the North, for by the Constitution secession is not rebellion. Lincoln wanted Davis to escape, and he was right. His capture was a mistake. His trial will be a greater one", then rule completely the opposite only 2 years later in Texas v White?

Thomas Jefferson said, “When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.” Is the right of secession, along with the 2nd Amendment, a necessity in instilling that proper fear of the People by the Government?

cbrons
12-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Why has the US applauded acts of secession in other countries, but denies that right to its own citizens? The USSR was broken up by secession, a right explicitly guaranteed under its 1977 constitution. More recently was the secession of South Sudan from Sudan just this year, which Obama applauded.

Did the SCOTUS make an ex post facto ruling in Texas v White when, in its opinion, it decreed that the states were never in secession, only rebellion?

Why did Salmon Chase say, in 1867, "If you bring these [Confederate] leaders to trial it will condemn the North, for by the Constitution secession is not rebellion. Lincoln wanted Davis to escape, and he was right. His capture was a mistake. His trial will be a greater one", then rule completely the opposite only 2 years later in Texas v White?

Thomas Jefferson said, “When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.” Is the right of secession, along with the 2nd Amendment, a necessity in instilling that proper fear of the People by the Government?

Excellent points, excellent inquiries.

I particularly like the one about Sudan and the USSR.

cbrons
12-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Btw, Dr. DiLorenzo's new book, Organized Crime - The Unvarnished Truth About Government - is excellent.

cbrons
12-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Any other questions?

pcgame
12-12-2012, 05:27 PM

cbrons
12-13-2012, 01:30 PM
his show is live right now, link is in OP

Thank you, pcgame. I recorded my interview with Dr. DiLorenzo this morning. It will be on the Saturday show at 5pm central/6pm eastern.