PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

tremendoustie
11-21-2007, 01:02 AM
I was going to debate a supporter on www.mikehuckabeeforum.com/, and was just about to post my opening statement, but now I can't access the site! I get a 403 error!! I don't know what's going on, but I'm afraid they blocked me and *horrors* might be impersonating me to make fallacious arguments for Dr. Paul. Help!!! Can anyone access it and see what they're doing? I'm tremendoustie there also, they made a separate thread for the discussion.

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Undoubtedly the gerbil on the wheel that they have which powers their server died.

tremendoustie
11-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Seriously -- even if it all seems okay and the discussion thread is still blank ... let them know why I haven't posted. Someone figure out what's going on, please.

tremendoustie
11-21-2007, 01:05 AM
You can't access it either?

Cindy
11-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Their server is down.

tremendoustie
11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
That's really good news, thanks.

john_anderson_ii
11-21-2007, 01:08 AM
If it's returning a 403, it's forbidden to be accessed by you, so their server is not down per se, they just implemented some sort of secuirty policy.

American
11-21-2007, 01:08 AM
looks like they mucked up the index page or put it in a directory without a redirect.

or there server is down....:D

tremendoustie
11-21-2007, 01:09 AM
But no one can access it, right? I need to know that it's really down, because if they just decided to block me, it's almost certainly to impersonate me.

john_anderson_ii
11-21-2007, 01:11 AM
It's not based on referer, I came over from Digg and google. However, I did find this on digg that links back to the forum. Is mikehuckabeeforum.com a satire forum? I thought the real forum was hucksarmy.com.

ZenX
11-21-2007, 01:11 AM
omg, they just posted as you! doppleganger!

tremendoustie
11-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Is it? They claimed to be Huckabee supporters ... if so, joke's on me I guess. I'd like to have some sort of a debate format with a huck supporter on hucksarmy, but they require you to promise to support huck in order to sign up, which I in good concience can't do. O well, I have a decent opening statement written anyway.

tremendoustie
11-21-2007, 01:15 AM
omg, they just posted as you! doppleganger!

Very funny.

Grandson of Liberty
11-21-2007, 01:16 AM
But no one can access it, right? I need to know that it's really down, because if they just decided to block me, it's almost certainly to impersonate me.

Dude, put down the bong and no one gets hurt. :p

Maybe have a sandwich or something- I'm sure it's fine. :)

tremendoustie
11-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Dude, put down the bong and no one gets hurt. :p

Maybe have a sandwich or something- I'm sure it's fine. :)

Lol, okay I guess I deserved that. Seriously, I talked at length about setting up a separate 2 person debate thread, then just as it was set up I got blocked. What would you think? But apparently it's a parody site, so joke's on me anyway. I'm more gullible then not, as you can probably tell, so I believed them when they said they were huck supporters.

dircha
11-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Is mikehuckabeeforum.com a satire forum? I thought the real forum was hucksarmy.com.

You just earned yourself a trip to GITMO!

http://fredthompsonforum.com/

saahmed
11-21-2007, 04:38 AM
How do you guys fall for this shit? That site is obviously a big joke. Just like that one Rudy one.

tremendoustie
11-21-2007, 04:43 AM
How do you guys fall for this shit? That site is obviously a big joke. Just like that one Rudy one.

In my defense, I was there for about 5 minutes to try to set up a debate thread, and didn't read any other threads. But yes, it is very over the top, and thank you so very much for reviving this embarassing proof of my gulibility ;)

qsecofr
11-21-2007, 04:56 AM
It's satire, I know it's sometimes tough to tell the difference. At a board I used to lurk they called is Poe's Law as loosely defined here.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Poe's+Law

Poe's Law

Similar to Murphy's Law, Poe's Law concerns internet debates, particularly regarding religion or politics.

"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

In other words, No matter how bizarre, outrageous, or just plain idiotic a parody of a Fundamentalist may seem, there will always be someone who cannot tell that it is a parody, having seen similar REAL ideas from real religious/political Fundamentalists.