PDA

View Full Version : British politician: My husband died like a battery hen in Hospital

itshappening
12-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Ann Clwyd has said her biggest regret is that she didn't "stand in the hospital corridor and scream" in protest at the "almost callous lack of care" with which nurses treated her husband as he lay dying in the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff.

Clwyd, the Labour MP for Cynon Valley since 1984 and Tony Blair's former human rights envoy to Iraq, told the Guardian she fears a "normalisation of cruelty" is now rife among NHS nurses. She said she had chosen to speak out because this had become "commonplace".

Describing how her 6'2'' husband lay crushed "like a battery hen" against the bars of his hospital bed with an oxygen mask so small it cut into his face and pumped cold air into his infected eye, Clwyd said nurses treated the dying man with "coldness, resentment, indifference and even contempt".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/04/ann-clwyd-husband-died-hen

tod evans
12-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Give me some "illegal" heroin and a nice quiet day in the woods.

The absolute last place I want my deathbed to be is a hospital!

youngbuck
12-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Wow, read the rest of the article, that kind of care inside a hospital here in America is almost unimaginable (though likely coming down the pike).

tod evans
12-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Wow, read the rest of the article, that kind of care inside a hospital here in America is almost unimaginable (though likely coming down the pike).

Hang on we're in for a ride.....:eek:

Demigod
12-10-2012, 10:56 AM

The truth about "free" health care is that every sane man in Europe would give his right arm to have a system where he could have private insurance.And how good is your public health care comes down to the fact how much "extra" money you have to trow down the money hole.UK,France,Spain,Italy are going bankrupt and their hospitals as well.

Also doctors are known to regularly go on protests where they would not even treat patients,and because 95% of the population uses the system they always get what ever they want no matter how unreal it is.And they never go to jail no matter how much they f**k up.

Since one of my relatives died in a hospital,he was admitted after an accident where he had a few broken ribs and died from a disease he got from an oxygen tank mask they used in a department of the hospital for contagious diseases I go to a public hospital only in a very big emergency.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Ann Clwyd has said her biggest regret is that she didn't "stand in the hospital corridor and scream" in protest at the "almost callous lack of care" with which nurses treated her husband as he lay dying in the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff.

Clwyd, the Labour MP for Cynon Valley since 1984 and Tony Blair's former human rights envoy to Iraq, told the Guardian she fears a "normalisation of cruelty" is now rife among NHS nurses. She said she had chosen to speak out because this had become "commonplace".

Describing how her 6'2'' husband lay crushed "like a battery hen" against the bars of his hospital bed with an oxygen mask so small it cut into his face and pumped cold air into his infected eye, Clwyd said nurses treated the dying man with "coldness, resentment, indifference and even contempt".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/04/ann-clwyd-husband-died-hen

She needs to check herself.

Pretty sure if a Labour MP, she probably voted for most of the crap that contributed to the way her husband died.

Tod
12-10-2012, 12:22 PM

That kind of stuff happens every day here in America in nursing homes. My dad was (briefly) a victim of very poor care and neglect by the staff at the first nursing home he entered. My mom quickly transferred him to a church-run nursing home where he got much better care.

search "elder abuse" to get an idea of the problem. It is bad and will get very bad within the next few years as more aged are unable to care for themselves.