PDA

View Full Version : Best/favorite memory from the election.

unknown
12-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Mine had to be when Ron Paul polled first in Iowa.

There was this one particular news report which had him flanked by staff and supporters while signing autographs. He was wearing an overcoat looking like a straight BOSS.

It was the culmination of everyone's hard work.

I wish I could see that scene again, even revisit that time in history.

It was GLORIOUS.

dskalkowski
12-10-2012, 01:26 AM
I agree, 100%. I would love to revisit just that one day when Paul was polling first. My heart shined with joy.

nano1895
12-10-2012, 01:34 AM
When no one cared about Jon Huntsman or Rick Santorum. Huntsman especially, seriously the Twilight Zone ad? And the NH4PAUL thing? WTF?

JK/SEA
12-10-2012, 08:14 AM
sending pizzas.

sailingaway
12-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Let's see, it might have been when Ron polled second place nationally in a Reuters GOP only poll in February before Super Tuesday.... had the media mentioned it.

Otherwise, when he was flying high before the media attacks in Iowa, the huge college rallies building, the delegates coming out in droves to take conventions, the OK parking lot convention and the major grass roots enthusiasm that spurred (we got a ton of new members here), Ron's 'I wen't' off the cuff comment to Gingrich, the entire debate where he pointed out that Santorum was a fake...

so many to choose from....

Boss
12-10-2012, 09:08 AM
So many... at the moment, I'd have to say seeing all of those stadiums and auditoriums across the country filled with thousands to hear him speak.

Boss
12-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Let's see, it might have been when Ron polled second place nationally in a Reuters GOP only poll in February before Super Tuesday.... had the media mentioned it.

Otherwise, when he was flying high before the media attacks in Iowa, the huge college rallies building, the delegates coming out in droves to take conventions, the OK parking lot convention and the major grass roots enthusiasm that spurred (we got a ton of new members here), Ron's 'I wen't' off the cuff comment to Gingrich, the entire debate where he pointed out that Santorum was a fake...

so many to choose from....

Ahhh those were GREAT moments! Especially the "I went" debate.

KingNothing
12-10-2012, 09:36 AM
I liked the townhall in NH (around December 20th, I believe) that ended with Ron Paul making a comment in response to a question about NDAA's indefinite detention that inspired an audience member to stammer out a befuddled "wait, congressmen can't lie, can they?"

I will never forget Ron's flippant response: "they have been known to do that."

It was a moment in which you could see ordinary people who were not part of our movement begin to understand the total absurdity of the political process. Ron was so perfectly contrasted with the critters in congress, who either lied to a constituent or were too stupid to know the truth. Ron knew the truth, though, about the bill and about the people around him in congress, and was not afraid to tell it in the most plain-spoken, matter-of-fact, tone. For me, it was a microcosm of everything he's managed to accomplish as a politician.

ClydeCoulter
12-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Those were all great moments. I spent the whole day during the "OK parking lot convention and pizza party" event watching.

But I'll never forget that speech at the Texas State Convention that Ron gave. When everyone around him had pretty much jumped ship and he was supposed to give a speech to bring the GOP together, he gave a powerfully voiced speech that had no defeat within it.

_pauladin_
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM
When the crowd at one of the debates screamed at the moderator while Ron Paul waved his arms in the air.

CaptUSA
12-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Hmmm... let me think...

"I don't want to go to the moon. I think maybe we could send some politicians up there!"
"Because he's a fake!"
"Who needs the government to tell you to not do heroin? (SC erupts in applause)"

No, my favorite moment was shaking the man's hand and chatting with Carol.

TheGrinch
12-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Without a doubt Iowa before they took every step possible to try to quash our momentum (and in some ways did primary-wise, but not support-wise).

But prior to that, I didn't even know this revolution existed. I mean, I knew there were Paul supporters out there and plenty more who would vote for him if they knew his platform, but with Iowa I discovered this coalition that had been going on since before 2008.

Moreover, I jsut remember that surreal moment, that this is happening, getting chills from his speech and saying "I don't even care that they probably won't let him win, this is incredible". Turns out I did care, but it didn't change how incredible that moment was that his ideas were finally finding their way into the discourse, and allowing for the momentum for more liberty-minded folks to follow.

Eternally grateful for that, or I might have never found you all, and would still be sitting here apathetic about the process.

wgadget
12-10-2012, 12:16 PM
"I don't want to go to the moon. I think maybe we could send some politicians up there!"
"Because he's a fake!"
"Who needs the government to tell you to not do heroin? (SC erupts in applause)"

Now some entrepreneurial person out there needs to make (AND SHIP) some Ron Paul Talking Action Figures who say THOSE things when you pull the string.

INSTANT BEST SELLER.

:)

BTW, I'm still waiting for my RevPac dolls....sigh.

DylanWaco
12-10-2012, 12:20 PM
"Congratulations."

CaptainAmerica
12-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Ron Paul and the golden rule getting booed. Why you may ask? Because Ron Paul is not afraid to challenge anyone on foreign policy and he never backs down when it comes to saying what needs to be said. That debate in North Carolina really showed how hateful and arrogant amerikans are whether it was intentional or blind idiocracy.

unknown
12-15-2012, 02:21 AM
Oh and this:

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/jakesteel1/Ron%20Paul/kdk_0966_zps79d633c9.jpg

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Ron Paul and the golden rule getting booed. Why you may ask? Because Ron Paul is not afraid to challenge anyone on foreign policy and he never backs down when it comes to saying what needs to be said. That debate in North Carolina really showed how hateful and arrogant amerikans are whether it was intentional or blind idiocracy.

SOUTH Carolina thankyouverymuch.

paulbot24
12-15-2012, 03:50 AM
The morning I saw Nevada reclaim their state at their convention. I got up early so I could watch the livestream online. They had stayed up most of the night counting the delegate slate votes. I raised my hands in the air with them as the names were called and woke my wife up at 6 in the morning. I don't even live there, but I'll never forget it.

thoughtomator
12-15-2012, 03:57 AM
My favorite moment was when I told the GOP establishment to fuck itself by writing in Ron Paul.

Tinnuhana
12-15-2012, 07:36 AM
No, my favorite moment was shaking the man's hand and chatting with Carol.

^ This!!

Plus phone banking, sign waving, and the "pub crawl" LOL

nobody's_hero
12-15-2012, 02:00 PM
When the crowd at one of the debates screamed at the moderator while Ron Paul waved his arms in the air.

This? It was by far my favorite debate moment. He made a complete mockery of the nanny stater's mindset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EupRuxwuMLE

XTreat
12-15-2012, 09:42 PM
The entrance at the California GOP straw poll was pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2JmIZaju6g

satchelmcqueen
12-15-2012, 09:51 PM
to many to narrow down. ill post a few..

ron vs bachmann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZVds4o7F6k

ron vs rick santorum (youre being overly sensitive)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwTnMeqcfs

opal
12-16-2012, 12:08 AM
BLIMP!

yall didn't ask which campaign

simplyjacy
12-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Every time Ron enters a room or takes the podium, there is a different energy, a spark of hope. Each moment is breathtaking followed by a chant in unison "President Paul".

nobody's_hero
12-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Who could forget this? The resolution being read by Texas delegates after Maine was unseated. It was a great honor to go down fighting with others at state convention. I wish I could have been there at national in Tampa with these patriots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fruTILguQA

I think the guy reading the resolution is named Luis Larota. Very powerful listening to him read it.

Sola_Fide
12-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Here's one of my favorites: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7071/7248694672_21190b3444.jpg

But the three videos I enjoy the most from the election was the Values Voters Summit speech, the Pella Iowa Family Speech, and the Faith and Freedom speech. Those speeches pretty much sum up my entire philosophy of how Christianity intersects with politics.

RockEnds
12-16-2012, 09:14 PM
There have been so many awesome and awe-inspiring moments, but I think my personal favorite was an elevator ride. The night before the caucus in 2008, myself, my daughter, and my grandson, both of whom were three-years old, shared an elevator with Bill Kristol. We had our Ron Paul buttons and signs as there was a Veteran's rally in the hotel that evening. Bill looked scared. Big man as he is on tv, he looked awfully frightened of a grandma and two toddlers. It was just one of those priceless moments.

My 2nd favorite moment was at Hy Vee Hall on Jun 30, 2007. At this point, I guess I think all political rallies should be as exciting, but it was a really new feeling back then. The Star Spangled Banner was awesome that day, too. I'm glad I was there.

muzzled dogg
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
12 months in nh from jan 2011 to jan 2012

sailingaway
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
12 months in nh from jan 2011 to jan 2012

NH was a joy even from across the country. It was non stop the week before the primaries!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5c2isk8NpE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXExjIcSSO4

VIDEODROME
12-16-2012, 10:01 PM
One I really liked was CNN's John King getting booed when he tried to change the subject just before giving Ron Paul a question.

TruckinMike
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
//

nobody's_hero
12-17-2012, 06:32 AM
One I really liked was CNN's John King getting booed when he tried to change the subject just before giving Ron Paul a question.

He was about to skip the gynecologist on the abortion question, lol.

_pauladin_
12-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah, that's the one I was referring to. I've seen a funny animated GIF of it on the forums.

MarcusI
12-17-2012, 07:25 PM
The Nevada Convention... I was watching the stream and everybody was very nervous and a majority for Paul was anything but sure... and then Ron made his speech and I was sure he would talk about taxes and economy to convince some undecided delegates. And then.. he spoke mainly about pre-emptive wars and and everything connected with it. And he was in his best shape. From that moment on I had much more respect for him than ever before and it couldn't (and can't) get any higher. :)

Everybody knows, he won the con.

sailingaway
12-17-2012, 07:31 PM
The Nevada Convention... I was watching the stream and everybody was very nervous and a majority for Paul was anything but sure... and then Ron made his speech and I was sure he would talk about taxes and economy to convince some undecided delegates. And then.. he spoke mainly about pre-emptive wars and and everything connected with it. And he was in his best shape. From that moment on I had much more respect for him than ever before and it couldn't (and can't) get any higher. :)

Everybody knows, he won the con.

Yeah, he says what he thinks needs to be said, not necessarily what people are comfortable hearing. I love that about him.

jemuf
12-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Favorite memory? Where do I begin?

Newt Gingrich hypocrisy ad, Big Dog ad, All Your Base Are Belong to Us video, New Hampshire post-primary press conference where Ron Paul cocks his head with swagger, Eugene Dokes picture posted online of him scurrying away from the rubble of the Missouri Caucus, and last but not least...

Ron Paul drew a crowd of 10,000+ at UCLA. http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/urban-game-changer/2012/apr/7/ucla-students-hang-trees-ron-paul/

Speeches like that are how Ron Paul will change the world for the better.

Isaac Bickerstaff
12-19-2012, 08:56 AM
At the Kurt Bills fundraising breakfast in Minnesota, surrounded by peaceful people carrying guns, our front and center table had a pound of raw butter and a quart of raw cream sitting there with our breakfast. We got the thumbs up from Ron Paul as he took the stage.

supermario21
12-19-2012, 10:01 AM
I liked the Arizona debate when Paul single-handedly exposed everyone there, especially Santorum.

"That's cause he's a fake!"
"I'm real Ron"
"Congratulations!"

unknown
12-24-2012, 11:38 PM
This was kinda epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXCZVmQ74OA

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-25-2012, 12:36 AM
I liked the Arizona debate when Paul single-handedly exposed everyone there, especially Santorum.

"That's cause he's a fake!"
"I'm real Ron"
"Congratulations!"

lol

John F Kennedy III
12-25-2012, 12:54 AM
sending pizzas.

Did NorfolkSolutions ever deliver pizza to that crazy Romney chick?

tuggy24g
12-25-2012, 11:14 AM
My two favorite moments were meeting and getting involved in politics because of Ron Paul. All the people I have meet and now am party of the Libertarian party. Also the party in PA is doing well so I am happy to that.
Also this moment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZlbRufI6w

sailingaway
12-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Did NorfolkSolutions ever deliver pizza to that crazy Romney chick?

I think he meant when we watched the livestreams of conventions and sent pizzas to the delegates when they went overtime -- or out into the parking lot, as with Oklahoma.

those conventions were amazing, the cheating was eye opening, but the way our people responded was inspiring.

PhineasFinn
12-25-2012, 01:20 PM
My favorite was seeing Ron Paul intellectually smacking down Rick Santorum by calling him overly sensitive & effectively shutting him the fuck up about his pro-life record. It was a rare moment because Dr. Paul also had a moment of realization about the powers of the state & nullifying Roe v. Wade. It was a glorious moment because Dr. Paul made Santorum look like a chump while utilizing his time to articulate his stance on abortion & discrediting Santorum IMMEDIATELY when he challenged Dr. Paul's voting record. Paul's demeanor changed from passive to "I'm seriously going to choke this bastard for attempting to challenge my pro-life record." When ever I'm feeling distraught about the state of conservative politics, I'll always remember the look on Santorum's face after Dr. Paul called him out: It went from a shit eating grin to a deer-in-the-headlights look. OWNED.

libertyfanatic
12-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Ron's speech after placing second in NH

unknown
12-28-2012, 05:04 PM
My favorite was seeing Ron Paul intellectually smacking down Rick Santorum by calling him overly sensitive & effectively shutting him the fuck up about his pro-life record. It was a rare moment because Dr. Paul also had a moment of realization about the powers of the state & nullifying Roe v. Wade. It was a glorious moment because Dr. Paul made Santorum look like a chump while utilizing his time to articulate his stance on abortion & discrediting Santorum IMMEDIATELY when he challenged Dr. Paul's voting record. Paul's demeanor changed from passive to "I'm seriously going to choke this bastard for attempting to challenge my pro-life record." When ever I'm feeling distraught about the state of conservative politics, I'll always remember the look on Santorum's face after Dr. Paul called him out: It went from a shit eating grin to a deer-in-the-headlights look. OWNED.

I'd like to relive this. Happen to know of a tube commemorating this moment?

fr33
12-28-2012, 07:21 PM
People already listed some of these but...

For me personally it was meeting him and Carol at a luncheon.

The speech he gave after the New Hampshire primary results.

The delegates press conference at the RNC.

And really I loved listening to the Ron Paul 2012 podcast during the heat of the campaign, hearing all those collaborations of local radio/tv from state to state. It was interesting hearing local media that I would otherwise never heard of.

PhineasFinn
12-28-2012, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9upSLmUIsqA

bunklocoempire
12-29-2012, 03:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9upSLmUIsqA

Thanks for posting. As mentioned, the second part of the Dr. handing Santorid his lunch was priceless -and a genuine first, but what also moved me about this moment was the fact that the crowd happened to give a damn. Plenty times we think we're alone in this movement and then something happens where we see we aren't the only ones. Love it. :)

I'd say the crowd getting 'unruly' was my favorite memory of this election. :)