PDA

View Full Version : Obama Admin Shuts Down Oyster Company in Kalifornia

AuH20
12-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Bastards!

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/12/06/oyster-company-obama-admins-faulty-science-shut-us-down/

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar last week ordered that the century-old oyster farm company be evicted from the Point Reyes National Seashore in Northern California so that the park can be returned to its wilderness state.

The rationale behind the decision and support from environmental groups was that the oyster collecting activities disturbed harbor seal pupping and damaged native plants. Salazar says that commercial activities are not compatible with wilderness designations.

“I’ve taken this matter very seriously,” Salazar said in announcing his decision. “The Estero is one of our nation’s crown jewels, and today we are fulfilling the vision to protect this special place for generations to come.”

The lawsuit claims that the federal government did not perform required environmental studies before making the determination, and that the decision will cost the company millions of dollars.

The lawsuit also says federal government officials relied on scientifically flawed and false information as part of the decision-making process and that some of the misleading information came from National Park Service employees.

“We are not walking away, instead we are fighting for our community, our employees, and our family against a federal government that seems to value lies over the truth and special interests over the welfare of a community,” the company said.

Dr.3D
12-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Won't be long and they will want to return the entire nation to it's "wilderness state." One big national park.

HOLLYWOOD
12-09-2012, 11:15 PM
You can't work, it's EBT or you starve... but they want the state to employ everybody. Then there will be 300 million spies, and can't say or do anything without gov approval. I wonder where these gov clowns are going to get their revenue if they continue to kill business, or drive them away? It almost like they don't even care about revenue, it's all about control.

mad cow
12-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Article One, Section Eight,The Congress shall have the power...
To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as
may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Maga- zines, Arsenals, dock-Yards and other needful Buildings;

So what is this Point Reyes,a Fort?Magazine,Arsenal or Dockyard?Some needful Building?
When did the Legislature of California consent to the sale and what was the price paid?

Or is this just another pile of Unconstitutional horse-crap by our Constitution ignoring Federal Government?

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-10-2012, 03:51 AM
You can't work, it's EBT or you starve... but they want the state to employ everybody. Then there will be 300 million spies, and can't say or do anything without gov approval. I wonder where these gov clowns are going to get their revenue if they continue to kill business, or drive them away? It almost like they don't even care about revenue, it's all about control.

Control and money aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, they correlate with each other. When you have billions and even trillions, money becomes secondary to power and control. Make no bones - they're after the total enslavement (dependence) of the populace. Once that is complete the fools will comply because the only other option at that point is death and the boobosie would rather live in a ramshack with ten CCTV's monitoring their every activity than risk one hair on their body because their religion is the State and it does no wrong. In fact, I imagine they'll be singing their praises - look how safe we are! look how the Government takes care of us while we rot away! etc. etc.

luctor-et-emergo
12-10-2012, 04:05 AM
I know government is capable of a lot of things but shutting down a 100y old business ?!
Damn.
Maybe it's because I like old stuff in general but these things really make my blood boil.

pacelli
12-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Collateral requested by china for national debt perhaps? Don't forget, "you didn't build that".

matt0611
12-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Won't be long and they will want to return the entire nation to it's "wilderness state." One big national park.

Yup. Lets just stop all technology and development and revert back to gatherers.

jclay2
12-10-2012, 08:59 AM

I am sorry, I just bursted out laughing. Your statement is so sad, yet true.