PDA

View Full Version : New York police fatally shoot man brandishing pellet gun

aGameOfThrones
12-09-2012, 09:19 PM
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two New York police detectives shot and killed a convicted felon who approached them and pointed a pellet gun as they handcuffed a suspect late on Saturday night, police said.

Police have not released the name of the man but said he was carrying a CP99 compressed air pistol, which resembles a Glock 19 semi-automatic handgun and is illegal in New York, chief New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said on Sunday.

Browne said the two plainclothes detectives were wearing police shields as they handcuffed a drug suspect in the borough of Queens when the man approached them.

The detectives fired six rounds, striking the man three times in the torso and leg. He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, Browne said.

Browne said the deceased, 42, had a record of 39 arrests - 35 of them in New York City and four in Miami, Florida - for assault, drugs, weapons possession and armed robbery.

http://news.yahoo.com/york-police-fatally-shoot-man-brandishing-pellet-gun-002824809.html

Cowlesy
12-09-2012, 09:23 PM
39 arrests including assault, drugs, weapons possession and armed robbery?

+1 NYPD on this one. Going to save NYC taxpayers a few clams by dusting this guy. Pointing a pellet gun that looks like a Glock 19 at two cops = Darwin Award.

Expatriate
12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Suicide by cop.

Not that it makes a difference, but the CP99 resembles a Walther P99, not a Glock 19.

http://www.drapers-airguns.co.uk/images//Air%20Pistols%20New/CO2/5814%20Side.jpg

New York For Paul
12-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Yep pull a gun on a cop and you are likely to get shot.

matt0611
12-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Expected, I mean, you pull a gun on somebody what do you expect to happen? Instincts and training take over at that point.

CaptUSA
12-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Approach me late at night and point a gun at me and you can expect the same result. It doesn't really matter what type of gun it is.

Only difference is that I'd have a lot of explaining to do, unfortunately.

coastie
12-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Approach me late at night and point a gun at me and you can expect the same result. It doesn't really matter what type of gun it is.

Only difference is that I'd have a lot of explaining to do, unfortunately.

Yeah, same here...except all 13 .45 Speer Gold Dot +P 185gr hollow points would've hit his torso in my case, not his legs or across the street. Then I would've changed my magazine.;)