PDA

View Full Version : Experiment in Democracy….just a rant and then I’m going to bed

chipvogel
11-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Please agree to disagree! Please stop the requests to ban or move topics. Keep all of these discussions out in the open. What happens on these forums is something to be proud of and should not be hidden. Its democracy in action and I’m very proud to be a part of it.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich are at opposite ends of the political spectrum but they are friends and respect on another. I hope we all can follow their example.

Lets be honest…Ron Paul supporters are the outcasts, misfits, the minority viewpoint, the geeks, libertarians, anti-war activist, 911 truthers and PO conservatives. I think of you all fondly as “My People”. I don’t agree with all of you but I know we all have the same thing in common and that is the love of freedom.

I know a lot of you want a mainstream appeal. I want the message to catch on; but just as you can’t defend freedom by destroying freedom in the process (patriot act); we have to set the example of the society we are after. Let’s show how this country can work and should work. A diverse group is our greatest strength and not a weakness.

In one way or another everyone in our country is a minority. There isn’t one group that falls into the majority race, sex, political party or religion. We are a diverse group that respects and tolerates opposing views….or that’s what I’m hoping for.

You’ve already proven what a group with a common interest can do on November the 5th. It won’t get any press coverage but it’s so much more important that we show respect for one another. What is most important to me is we are united in our diversity and not how much we raise or if we win this election.

We’re a motley crew so we should accept it and use it rather than fuss at one another about it.

….steps down from the soapbox