PDA

View Full Version : Washington weed spin via "Faux-Newz"

tod evans
12-09-2012, 05:55 AM
According to this wonderful piece of journalism the scourge of stoned drivers and people looking to "transport" weed will spread like a cancer...

It's long so I'm just going to post some of the more glaring propaganda..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/08/washington-could-become-pot-source-for-oregon-idaho/?test=latestnews

Washington could become pot source for Oregon, Idaho

PORTLAND, Ore. – Now that marijuana is legal in neighboring Washington state, Portland police are offering some helpful advice to Oregon pot users. Sure, you can go over to Washington state to "smoke some weed," a police advisory states, but you might get arrested for driving under the influence if you're pulled over coming home, even if you're on a bike.

[snip]

If the federal government doesn't attempt to intervene in the new law, and if Washington state sets up a supply system whose mechanics are yet to be defined, Washington may well become a greater source of pot for users in Oregon and Idaho.

[snip]
[One of my personal favorites, the mantra of MADD]

But one of his greatest concerns, echoed by other law enforcement officials, is people going over to Washington to obtain weed and driving home stoned.
"If I'm going to drive on the Oregon coast at night, in the driving rain, I want the person on the other side of the road to be completely unimpaired," Marquis told The Associated Press.

[snip]

But the advisory also has this caution: If you go to Washington to "buy some weed," the "Portland Police Bureau cannot predict or control the enforcement activities of federal authorities."

Smart3
12-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Yeah, because people usually smoke pot before driving a car. Right after they lift themselves up from the floor or couch or chair.

Victor Grey
12-09-2012, 09:04 AM
I get that people wonder how the driving aspect is going to develop, but the whole narrative of discussion being put out right now is nothing but a hit piece and bloated fear mongering.

They've been running that nonsense on Fox Mornings for days now. I just so happened to tune in the past couple days.

That is what they've got to run with right now; in a response to probably the thousands of people not lining the court houses and filling the jail cells and not working, due to the change in these two state laws; that somebody somewhere, might drive high.

It's a damned custom tailored narrative is what it is; the laws haven't been in place for one month, and they're already establishing all these supposed scores of new people, driving while smoking the stuff. It doesn't matter that there's nothing to go on whatsoever evidence-wise to the notion, they're pushing it anyway. (Oh and they're new people too. People didn't partake in that substance before it was legal at all.)

That grinds my gears. Put in short they're pulling negative points out of their behind.

That way, when whatever amount of people do indeed eventually get caught for driving while smoking, it wouldn't matter if it was only a halfdamn-dozen in the whole state, they can claim it out to be a serious epidemic.

specsaregood
12-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah, because people usually smoke pot before driving a car.

Let's be honest here; yes they do. All the time, of course they are already doing it regardless of legality so this doesn't really change a thing.

pcosmar
12-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Faux Snooze. :rolleyes:

I have no doubt that some of this is true, the spin is obvious.
No doubt in my mind that some authoritarians will use this .

It just needs to be exposed as the stupid shit that it is. Faux needs to become the laughing stock for media.

BenIsForRon
12-09-2012, 09:20 AM
It just needs to be exposed as the stupid shit that it is. Faux needs to become the laughing stock for media.

They pretty much are the laughing stock for a lot of people. I'd say half the country realizes its a propaganda outlet, but most of them don't realize that MSNBC is as well.

And this driving while impaired angle appears to be the thing Fox is running with, and it will work for many of its viewers, but they can't change the turning tide toward prohibition.

Victor Grey
12-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Problems with society:

Drunk drivers < prohibition

Dumb stoners < drug war

tod evans
12-10-2012, 06:05 AM
The "Faux-Newz" anti-weed propaganda continues with this juicy morsel out of Colorado;

8 sickened after students allegedly bring pot brownies to class potluck

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/10/students-allegedly-brought-pot-brownies-to-class-potluck-causing-8-to-be/?test=latestnews

BOULDER, Colo. – Two University of Colorado students accused of providing marijuana-laced brownies to unsuspecting classmates and a professor have been arrested and face several felony charges.
The Daily Camera reports 21-year-old Thomas Ricardo Cunningham and 19-year-old Mary Elizabeth Essa were arrested Saturday on suspicion of second-degree assault and inducing the consumption of controlled substances by fraudulent means, along with two conspiracy counts.
CU Police spokesman Ryan Huff says officers were called Friday morning after a history professor complained of dizziness and losing consciousness. The professor, who was not identified, was hospitalized. Two students in the class who ate the brownies also were hospitalized and five others were sickened.
Police say Cunningham and Essa baked the brownies and brought them to class as part of a "bring food day."

"Sickened" and "loosing consciousness" somehow equates to conspiracy and assault charges being levied...

Good God these prosecutors really need to be publicly disemboweled!

belian78
12-10-2012, 09:22 AM
I get that people wonder how the driving aspect is going to develop, but the whole narrative of discussion being put out right now is nothing but a hit piece and bloated fear mongering.

They've been running that nonsense on Fox Mornings for days now. I just so happened to tune in the past couple days.

That is what they've got to run with right now; in a response to probably the thousands of people not lining the court houses and filling the jail cells and not working, due to the change in these two state laws; that somebody somewhere, might drive high.

It's a damned custom tailored narrative is what it is; the laws haven't been in place for one month, and they're already establishing all these supposed scores of new people, driving while smoking the stuff. It doesn't matter that there's nothing to go on whatsoever evidence-wise to the notion, they're pushing it anyway. (Oh and they're new people too. People didn't partake in that substance before it was legal at all.)

That grinds my gears. Put in short they're pulling negative points out of their behind.

That way, when whatever amount of people do indeed eventually get caught for driving while smoking, it wouldn't matter if it was only a halfdamn-dozen in the whole state, they can claim it out to be a serious epidemic.
You've heard of the Strawman argument, yes?

ClydeCoulter
12-10-2012, 10:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zkg0bjfHMw

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Can't have competition with the CIA, or Dow Chemicals.

AGRP
12-10-2012, 11:48 AM
PORTLAND, Ore. – Now that marijuana is legal in neighboring Washington state, Portland police are offering some helpful advice to Oregon pot users. Sure, you can go over to Washington state to "smoke some weed," a police advisory states, but you might get arrested for driving under the influence if you're pulled over coming home, even if you're on a bike.

Yes, slave master :rolleyes:

SewrRatt
12-10-2012, 11:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zkg0bjfHMw

The goal of course of any law is to protect yourself or others...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dannno
12-10-2012, 12:13 PM
"If I'm going to drive on the Oregon coast at night, in the driving rain, I want the person on the other side of the road to be completely unimpaired," Marquis told The Associated Press.

I just took a road trip up through Oregon and drove the entire Oregon coast, smoking bowls the entire time. The thing is, these people are retarded, they don't realize there is already plenty of cannabis out there. They act like this is going to be some new thing that people are going to start doing all of a sudden.

UpperDecker
12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, I guess they better go ahead and legalize it nation wide then.

tod evans
12-10-2012, 01:46 PM
I just took a road trip up through Oregon and drove the entire Oregon coast, smoking bowls the entire time. The thing is, these people are retarded, they don't realize there is already plenty of cannabis out there. They act like this is going to be some new thing that people are going to start doing all of a sudden.

They're pumping up the unwitting and unknowing to hopefully make them scared of legal reefer in their state...

Remember the target audience..

tod evans
12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Added the daily weed scare article to this thread instead of starting a new one...

Tolerant Amsterdam to ban smoking marijuana in school

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/12/tolerant-amsterdam-to-ban-smoking-marijuana-in-school/?test=latestnews

AMSTERDAM – The city of Amsterdam, famed for its weed cafes and easygoing approach to toking up, plans to ban smoking marijuana at schools.
City spokeswoman Iris Reshef says the move is necessary because stoned students are a problem at some schools. Schools had always forbidden the drug, but found it difficult to enforce the rule due to the country's tolerance policy. Under tolerance, pot is technically illegal but police cannot prosecute people for possession of small amounts.
After a change in national law, the city can now ban the drug at schools under a public nuisance ordinance, and police can levy fines against students who break the rules.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Here in the Seattle area, we already had a principal claim on the morning news there has been a "spike" in marijuana usage amongst students since it was legalized.

Yes, in 6 days, he has gathered enough data to determine a spike in usage.

pcosmar
12-12-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1jB7RBGVGk

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

:confused::confused:

nobody's_hero
12-12-2012, 10:46 AM
That seems to be a mighty strong assumption that pot-smokers would actually want to return home after visiting a state where they can smoke weed.

Cop: "You'll be busted if you try to drive home to Oregon."

Weed guy: "Okay bye, have a nice life."

Cop: "Dang it! I meant you should come back so I can beat your ass."

Weed guy: "no thanks. Puff puff puff." *starts dancing on his side of the state border, in plain view of the cop.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nkjFs9iwa0

QuickZ06
12-12-2012, 11:18 AM
O god the old viewers will eat this up and will continue to do so, I am afraid they have been in the matrix waaaayy to long. Some might wake up but many won't. But take a look around, the same people smoking then are smoking now and doing the same things they have always done and not a single frick was given, well until the CIA/DEA did not get its cartel cut anymore in those states. Heck traffic fatalities fall after the legalization of medical marijuana.

kcchiefs6465
12-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah, because people usually smoke pot before driving a car. Right after they lift themselves up from the floor or couch or chair.
Marijuana dosen't neccessarily make you lazy. I loved doing shit when I was stoned. Also to be honest, I drove everyday high for many years. I never got a ticket for anything except a seatbelt violation when I was stoned. Trust me, everyone I ever knew who smoked weed drove high and had no qualms about smoking while driving. Aside from what the news would lead you to believe there was not pandemonium in the streets. I could see a scenario where someone who doesn't ingest marijuana regularly eating some brownies and driving dangerously slow but aside from that I don't think the danger is anywhere near what the dangers of driving overly drunk are.

UWDude
12-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Marijuana dosen't neccessarily make you lazy. I loved doing shit when I was stoned. Also to be honest, I drove everyday high for many years. I never got a ticket for anything except a seatbelt violation when I was stoned. Trust me, everyone I ever knew who smoked weed drove high and had no qualms about smoking while driving. Aside from what the news would lead you to believe there was not pandemonium in the streets. I could see a scenario where someone who doesn't ingest marijuana regularly eating some brownies and driving dangerously slow but aside from that I don't think the danger is anywhere near what the dangers of driving overly drunk are.

they aren't. I think the biggest danger is people getting lost and panicking and making sudden decisions to correct it.

heavenlyboy34
12-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Can't have competition with the CIA, or Dow Chemicals. +rep That would be un-Amur'can.