PDA

View Full Version : Why are we NOT listening to Ron?

Myerz
11-21-2007, 12:17 AM
This comes straight from Ron Paul.....WE NEED MONEY NOW!
I realize the impact that a surge of money can do, but the attention is short lived. Are they still talking about Nov. 5th, not so much, granted the media attention was probably worth more than the $4.3M. Still, waiting for Dec. 16th is not doing Ron Paul any favors in the meantime.

Can't we find some other significant date? How about Thanksgiving...Let's give thanks! Hmmmm! Sounds appropriate, ya?

Bottom line he needs money now, if can't win now he won't be there later, so...whatever.

I know, bash me about splitting the donation days up or whatever else. It just doesn't make sense to wait to give him money when he has already said he needs money now. Is this campaign about us the supporters getting attention or him, it's about getting HIM in office. Damn!

NewEnd
11-21-2007, 12:18 AM
wow....

you just blew my mind man!!!

That was a great argument!! Why didn't anyone else ever say that in any of the other 400 threads?

unconsious767
11-21-2007, 12:19 AM
I think Ron needs a bridge loan

280Z28
11-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Only 1/3 of the money on Dec. 16th comes from donors. The rest will be in the form of the free press it generates. If the short sighters unravel the organization focused on the 16th, we'll lose that 2/3 and it can't be recovered.

We are invested in the 16th, wayyy past being able to change it. If you want to donate now, do so but don't screw up the biggest day in political fund raising history.

James R
11-21-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm going to be mad if people are still starting threads about this tomorrow (technically later today). Maybe I should bump up about 50 of those threads so people get tired of talking about it faster and we stop talking about it faster.

PS - I'm listening to Ron Paul, but I'm listening to when he said that Nov 5th got him millions worth of free press. On Dec 16th it will more than make up for the money we didn't get this month. Donate $0 until then. The campaign is AHEAD of their goal for the quarter, so they don't need the money as badly as they need a December 16th. The more $20,000 days until Dec 16th the better.

kill the banks
11-21-2007, 12:24 AM
the teaparty is going to be super successful anyway ... thanksgiving still leaves room before the big one ... why not think about it as another bump up ... ?

kill the banks

Austin
11-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Wait a second. I just got the greatest idea ever...

Donate now. Donate on the 16th.

dircha
11-21-2007, 12:25 AM
It's a good thing someone has answers! I didn't know what to think.

kylejack
11-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Why aren't we listening to Ron? Why didn't we send him 200k today? Idiot.

richk
11-21-2007, 12:29 AM
I don't think people understand this issue yet. When I wake up tomorrow morning, I am going to start ANOTHER THREAD on this issue. I have a large ego and am popular, so I know that I can convince people where others have failed. :D

Seriously, no more of these LOOK AT ME, I KNOW WHAT IS BEST threads. Contributing now and on Dec. 16th, if possible, is the answer. If not, do what's appropriate for your situation and quit trying to control others. The e-mail was poorly timed/written but we need to overcome it. The smearing of Dr. Paul is/will become alot worse than this e-mail.

McDermit
...the email had ron's name on it? Had it been from RP, I doubt we'd be having many disputes.

It was from a staffer, and RP surely didn't see the email prior to its being sent. HQ has been wrong on quite a few biggies, so I don't think we're wrong to be skeptical.

john_anderson_ii
Seriously people. Keep promoting the hell out of the 16! Donate on the 16 at least as much as you promised to do. But between and there, you spend your money as you see fit! Hoard it for yourself, hoard it to make you Dec 16 donation, or make it useful to the campaign now. It's not hard!

After seeing what we are capable of doing in just these forums do you honestly believe we can't keep the campaign above water and still put on a tea party?

If you have it now, give it if you want, and get more for later. If you can't get more later, then you decide because it's your money.

hawkeyenick
11-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Stop
posting
these
worthless
threads
over
and
over
again

kill the banks
11-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Wait a second. I just got the greatest idea ever...

Donate now. Donate on the 16th.

ha ha ... true enough ... but thanksgiving , family together and a casual goal for the holiday to give to ron's "turkey day"

kill the banks

Myerz
11-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Don't mean to make you mad... I too am excited at what Dec. 16th will bring. But are we not losing sight of the current state of affairs? I mean we are talking approx. 26 days from now.

Ok....NEVERMIND! Hey Ron! We've got $10 Million dollars for ya but you can't have it until Dec 16th! Sorry, you are just gonna have to wait.

I mean really, just imagine what he could do with that kind of money....RIGHT NOW!

Ok, I am done.

hawkeyenick
11-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Don't mean to make you mad... I too am excited at what Dec. 16th will bring. But are we not losing sight of the current state of affairs? I mean are talking about approx. 26 days from now.
Ok....Hey Ron! We've got $10 Million dollars for ya but you can't have it until Dec 16th! Sorry, you are just gonna have to wait.
I mean really, just imagine what he could do with that kind of money....RIGHT NOW!

Ok, I am done.

Now imagine what that could do for history in ONE DAY

JoshLowry
11-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Don't mean to make you mad... I too am excited at what Dec. 16th will bring. But are we not losing sight of the current state of affairs? I mean are talking about approx. 26 days from now.
Ok....Hey Ron! We've got $10 Million dollars for ya but you can't have it until Dec 16th! Sorry, you are just gonna have to wait.

Ok, I am done.

He hasn't even spent the 8 million we have raised in the past two months.

InTheoryTV
11-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Some people only check in when they can. This forum is like a giant chat room and thread drop off the front page fast. It is the way it has been for a while. If you don't like the many thread, then don't read them.

I gave $70 today and I'll give a $100 or more on the 16th.

hawkeyenick
11-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Some people only check in when they can. This forum is like a giant chat room and thread drop off the front page fast. It is the way it has been for a while. If you don't like the many thread, then don't read them.

Except you could have given 170 on the 16th instead...that's 70 percent more

tmg19103
To the OP - PLEASE shut up.

Are all these threads being started by trolls to sabatoge the 16th?

hawkeyenick
Please Lock And/or Delete These Threads

Austin

This is the solution. It's really quite simple.

john_anderson_ii
11-21-2007, 12:35 AM

Ok, I am done.

We will do the best we can. I made a promise to the guys who worked hard to put together teaparty07, and I also feel I made a promise to everyone else who registered as a donater there. So Ron Can have any money above and beyond $100 for the 16th right now, but I'm going to keep my promise and donate that $100 on the 16th.

Rusty John
11-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Another way to grab attention without spending money is the National Canvassing Weekend idea- having as many Paul supporters canvass their neighborhoods on the weekend of December1st and 2nd- each Paul supporter hits 200 houses in their neighborhood. This is the anniversary of Rosa Parks refusing to giveup her seat on the bus and the anniversary of John Brown's hanging...lol. Also the anniversary of Enron declaring bankruptcy. If we can get 40,000 supporters out for a couple ofhours each during the weekend that'd be 8 million households reached and that many more possible contributors for the Tea Party. It doesn't have to be anything fancy- just going door-to-door and handing out Slim Jims.

By the time this is over,Glenn Beck and the NeoCons will have labeled Rosa Parks a terrorist....lol.

adpierce
11-21-2007, 12:39 AM
We need to provide a steady stream of donations to the Campaign until Dec 16th. Facts are that any more talk of alternative Money Bombs are bound to fail. Look at Nov. 11 which people had been promoting for a while. Today a non-bomb day raised more $$$ than that organized bomb. Think about it. A bomb is for publicity... that's all. Steady streams don't get publicity but they may win elections. Keep it coming, but leave enough to make a splash on Dec 16th.

torchbearer
11-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Stop
posting
these
worthless
threads
over
and
over
again

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999

literatim
11-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Don't mean to make you mad... I too am excited at what Dec. 16th will bring. But are we not losing sight of the current state of affairs? I mean we are talking approx. 26 days from now.

Ok....NEVERMIND! Hey Ron! We've got $10 Million dollars for ya but you can't have it until Dec 16th! Sorry, you are just gonna have to wait.

Ok, I am done.

$10 million on the 16th gives us $20 million of advertising on the 17th which is really close to early primaries. I think its worth waiting.

Myerz
11-21-2007, 12:47 AM
NO sabatoge from me...not my intentions at all. I'll be there too on the 16th.

InTheoryTV
11-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Oh God,

I pray that you can give the strength to hawkeyenick to have the strength to not look at threads he doesn't want to look at, and to refrain in posting in threads he doesn't want to post in.

Amen.

lol

alien
11-21-2007, 12:56 AM
This comes straight from Ron Paul.....WE NEED MONEY NOW!
I realize the impact that a surge of money can do, but the attention is short lived. Are they still talking about Nov. 5th, not so much, granted the media attention was probably worth more than the $4.3M. Still, waiting for Dec. 16th is not doing Ron Paul any favors in the meantime.

Can't we find some other significant date? How about Thanksgiving...Let's give thanks! Hmmmm! Sounds appropriate, ya?

Bottom line he needs money now, if can't win now he won't be there later, so...whatever.

I know, bash me about splitting the donation days up or whatever else. It just doesn't make sense to wait to give him money when he has already said he needs money now. Is this campaign about us the supporters getting attention or him, it's about getting HIM in office. Damn!

I hear people mention it everytime they say he's a contenter now. This made him a top tier candidate in the medias eyes although he already was one.

reduen
11-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Look, one thing that I learned not long after finding out that the good Dr. Know existed is that his grassroots support is nothing if not very independent and very persistent!

If anyone here thinks that the 16th can be derailed by anyone and I mean anyone except the good Dr. himself, you are absolutely insane or lying to yourself... (All is as it should be!)