PDA

View Full Version : Man sits in jail while unable to pay alimony that exceeds his income

jim49er
12-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Waldorf, who divorced his wife of 11 years in 2011, was ordered to pay $2,000 a week in alimony to his ex. That amounts to $104,000 a year. In addition he was ordered to pay $3,300 in child support. The problem is that Waldorf has only been taking home about $90,000 a year on average, according to Eden. Eden said he has Waldorf’s tax returns dating back to 2000. The highest income reported by Waldorf during the marriage was $147,000 before taxes according to Eden. In most years Waldorf made $90,000 to $120,000 before taxes. His average take home pay has been about $90,000 a year.

The alimony payments are in addition to about $100,000 in legal fees incurred during the divorce process.

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2012/12/divorcee_sits_in_jail_while_ua.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Anti Federalist
12-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Some animals are more equal than others.

coastie
12-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Wow-good thing that fucking BITCH isn't getting a fucking dime now.

aGameOfThrones
12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Don't get married with the state?

satchelmcqueen
12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
omg!

Agorism
12-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Alimony became a feminism scam at some point.

Proponents of the bill argue that the current laws encourage those receiving support to never remarry and to not seek work even when they are fully capable. Opponents to the bill argue that it will hurt those who truly deserve support.

juleswin
12-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Reminds me of this story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CYb5xSd4PRs

HOLLYWOOD
12-07-2012, 08:12 PM
WOW! I heard so many horror stories from colleagues and friends that went through similar tribulations with woman and courts... this in reality gives you such an eye opener on how biased and absurd the laws/courts have become.

Reminds me of this story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CYb5xSd4PRs

Demigod
12-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Next time he is out of jail he should leave the country and go to Europe or South America.The moment he was given a verdict to pay more than 100% of his income he should have not payed a single dime because there is no point.He should have save as much money as possible and get out of the country.

Anti Federalist
12-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Next time he is out of jail he should leave the country and go to Europe or South America.The moment he was given a verdict to pay more than 100% of his income he should have not payed a single dime because there is no point.He should have save as much money as possible and get out of the country.
Can't.

Failure to pay will result in the matrix revoking your passport.

HOLLYWOOD
12-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Next time he is out of jail he should leave the country and go to Europe or South America.The moment he was given a verdict to pay more than 100% of his income he should have not payed a single dime because there is no point.He should have save as much money as possible and get out of the country.You can't leave the US... if you owe Child support, you can no longer leave the US and your PASSPORT is confiscated.

juleswin
12-07-2012, 08:32 PM
You can't leave the US... if you owe Child support, you can no longer leave the US and your PASSPORT is confiscated.

Correct and debtors prison will be your home if you continue to resist. The best thing is to plead with your ex and hope that you can convince her that you going to jail is not in her best interest. Which is the plain truth

Anti Federalist
12-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Can't.

tod evans
12-07-2012, 08:42 PM
"Heat of the moment" murderers are out in 5-7 years in order to make room for drug busts...

Agorism
12-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Maybe this thread helps explain declining birth rates. Wonder if Japan has feminist alimony laws as well.

thoughtomator
12-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Correct and debtors prison will be your home if you continue to resist. The best thing is to plead with your ex and hope that you can convince her that you going to jail is not in her best interest. Which is the plain truth

If she proves unreasonable enough then there really is no incentive for him not to murder her, if he's going to be in jail perpetually anyway. He may actually get out sooner that way.

Danke
12-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Where is that bitch that dates nearly anyone through the online match making site to get a free meal, and if he is not too bad, a free fuck too?

papitosabe
12-07-2012, 10:50 PM
nomarriage.com

papitosabe
12-07-2012, 10:56 PM
You can't leave the US... if you owe Child support, you can no longer leave the US and your PASSPORT is confiscated.

I agree...and there are ways to leave the country easily without a passport. Thousands of people cross the border into Mexico with just a driver's license. The video shown earlier is an extreme case, but even for non-extreme cases, men get shafted pretty fucking bad. In Texas there is no alimony, but still. All my buddies that have gone thru this bullshit get shafted so bad, it makes me not want to have kids, as much as I want them. And I've heard of forums where women discuss how to get more from the guy, how long to wait before they leave the guy, and all kinds of hints to fuck the guy royally. Good ole gov't as usual.

Carson
12-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Southern state or northern?

satchelmcqueen
12-07-2012, 11:23 PM
i dont believe in alimony

Pauls' Revere
12-07-2012, 11:30 PM
a friends ex went on spending sprees and racked up credit cards. He went to work and did hundreds of hours of overtime to make hefty payments, for years. Then she pulled the plug. In short the higher wages due to overtime reflected on the taxes and the courts go with those numbers. They dont give a fuck how its done.

angelatc
12-08-2012, 12:26 AM
I know it's fun to pretend that it's only men that get shafted by women in divorce, but I've seen some women get some pretty crappy deals. The couple across the street from us in Indiana - 4 kids under 8. He owned his own company with a bunch of big Suburbans, but his wife drove a 10 year old mini-van. They struggled to make the mortgage payment. She waitressed to help make ends meet.

He worked late into the night, usually hanging out with pro sports figures. She started hearing stories about his girlfriend, and eventually busted him. Not only was he cheating on his wife, he was building his girlfriend a $600,000 home. She drove an expensive sports car, too - while working as a retail clerk.

He filed bankruptcy with the company, let my friend's house go into foreclosure, and did I mention that his family was old money? The judge assigned in the case was an old friend of the family, who refused to recuse himself. He gave the ex-wife a whopping $24 per week in child support.

My friend moved into an apartment with the kids, while his parents swooped in and bought the house for pennies on the dollar, then turned around and listed it.

She did nothing to deserve any of this.....

Tpoints
12-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Alimony became a feminism scam at some point.

so is child support.

angelatc
12-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Of course, these problems would all be solved if people would stay married.

tod evans
12-08-2012, 06:22 AM

It'd be interesting to learn more details, easier to place blame/hold one party accountable...

No-contest divorces and closed court rooms make divorce too easy and not nearly shameful enough to suit me.

I'd like to see the aggrieved party garner public support and the offending party shamed, if for no other reason than to build an honest community...

This idea that dissolution of marriage is between the couple and the state is foolish, the taxpayers fund the courts and way to often subsidize one of the divorced, it only makes sense to me that the local community have access to the "services" they are paying for..

kathy88
12-08-2012, 06:52 AM
It will be a cold day in hell before I'd depend on another person for my livelihood. I got divorced and left with my kids and the clothes on our backs. I survived.

Icymudpuppy
12-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Can't.

Not true. Learn to Sail. Buy a used sailboat. Stock it up, watch the weather, and leave when the skies are clear, the winds are steady. Research your destination. A small craft can leave pretty easily. Many nations don't worry about small craft. Philippines for one.

papitosabe
12-08-2012, 10:22 AM
I've lost a handful of good women because they wanted to get married. IMO, something about it, just messes things up. I don't know if its the paperwork or label, but I've known too many people that were happy living together unmarried, and when they got married, things went to shit.

torchbearer
12-08-2012, 11:32 AM
If she proves unreasonable enough then there really is no incentive for him not to murder her, if he's going to be in jail perpetually anyway. He may actually get out sooner that way.

sad but true.

torchbearer
12-08-2012, 11:35 AM
I know it's fun to pretend that it's only men that get shafted by women in divorce, but I've seen some women get some pretty crappy deals. The couple across the street from us in Indiana - 4 kids under 8. He owned his own company with a bunch of big Suburbans, but his wife drove a 10 year old mini-van. They struggled to make the mortgage payment. She waitressed to help make ends meet.

He worked late into the night, usually hanging out with pro sports figures. She started hearing stories about his girlfriend, and eventually busted him. Not only was he cheating on his wife, he was building his girlfriend a $600,000 home. She drove an expensive sports car, too - while working as a retail clerk.

He filed bankruptcy with the company, let my friend's house go into foreclosure, and did I mention that his family was old money? The judge assigned in the case was an old friend of the family, who refused to recuse himself. He gave the ex-wife a whopping $24 per week in child support.

My friend moved into an apartment with the kids, while his parents swooped in and bought the house for pennies on the dollar, then turned around and listed it.

She did nothing to deserve any of this.....

there is a separate justice system for people with money, especially in Louisiana.
if you have money and your son gets caught with a meth kitchen- no prob. donate $25,000 to the DAs office(his re-election fund) and donate $25,000 to the sheriff's association... and no more charges.

Nirvikalpa
12-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Perhaps I am missing something in the original article, but it seems both he and she are both being screwed by the courts - she isn't collecting his money, and he is in jail.

Seems like just a fail of our judicial system overall, which is... well, typical.

It will be a cold day in hell before I'd depend on another person for my livelihood. I got divorced and left with my kids and the clothes on our backs. I survived.

Nonsense Kathy, you must be lying; don't you know all women enter into a marriage just for the sole sake of fucking over a man?

torchbearer
12-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I've lost a handful of good women because they wanted to get married. IMO, something about it, just messes things up. I don't know if its the paperwork or label, but I've known too many people that were happy living together unmarried, and when they got married, things went to shit.

that is the difference between a relationship that is voluntary and anyone can just leave at anytime with no state involvement... and a relationship that is forced by contract for life with only death as an escape clause.

I'd go for a marriage license that sunsets every 5 years. each person would have to agree to another 5 years or the contract is void. that way you have the inheritance/insurance covered and still have a relationship in which each person has to give a shit or the relationship goes away.

angelatc
12-08-2012, 11:47 AM
It'd be interesting to learn more details, easier to place blame/hold one party accountable...

No-contest divorces and closed court rooms make divorce too easy and not nearly shameful enough to suit me.

I'd like to see the aggrieved party garner public support and the offending party shamed, if for no other reason than to build an honest community...

This idea that dissolution of marriage is between the couple and the state is foolish, the taxpayers fund the courts and way to often subsidize one of the divorced, it only makes sense to me that the local community have access to the "services" they are paying for..

I love this line of thinking. Especially when there are children involved. Nobody wants to insist that a woman needs to stay married to a child-beating womanizer. Put cameras in the courtrooms, and let the local Divorce Court take the place of soap operas on daytime TV. People will work their crap out in private.

angelatc
12-08-2012, 11:49 AM

It was obviously your fault though. Haven't you read the threads above yours?

ETA - Nikki beat me to it. dammit.

CaptUSA
12-08-2012, 11:49 AM
You know, if I ever got divorced, I could see myself ending up just like this poor fellow.

Right now, I work 50-60 hours per week at a stressful and high-demanding job. I do it to support my family. If my family were to be broken apart, I can't see myself going through the trouble. I don't need much - I could go get a job flipping burgers somewhere. But if the courts required me to maintain my current level of income just so I could support my ex-wife??? Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Lucky for me, I'm in a good marriage. The alternative would be disastrous for all involved.

Czolgosz
12-08-2012, 12:05 PM
The system leaves a man just enough access to his kids so that he doesn't kill every motherfucker involved.

tod evans
12-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I love this line of thinking. Especially when there are children involved. Nobody wants to insist that a woman needs to stay married to a child-beating womanizer. Put cameras in the courtrooms, and let the local Divorce Court take the place of soap operas on daytime TV. People will work their crap out in private.

All this secrecy bull-shit extends from the bowels of the courts (family-law) up to and including "national security" at the federal level...

The only stuff the public is permitted to know is what the people profiting from the system want released..

Transparency usually equals honesty!

[edit]

I think communities have not only a right but a duty to know who exactly is a piece of shit...The "bad-guy" in divorce court can easily be either gender, and when the citizens of a county are taxed to fund the court system they should be privy to what their elected officials are doing..

I'm with angelatc in that these proceeding should be televised and I'd even go a step further and insist that everything entered into the court record be made public knowledge..

oyarde
12-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Can't.

Failure to pay will result in the matrix revoking your passport. Yep , you leave , BEFORE you are behind , and that is exactly what this guy should have done. If I were him , I would not be in jail, I would be dusting of my Spanish .

oyarde
12-08-2012, 01:24 PM
I pd around $780 a month for around 20 years, probably,pretty close to what I pd in taxes monthly as well , not counting property tax.I was able to do it, if I could not , I would not be sticking around for someone to jail me , but hey, that is just me .

Tpoints
12-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Nonsense Kathy, you must be lying; don't you know all women enter into a marriage just for the sole sake of fucking over a man?

win!

HigherVision
12-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I know it's fun to pretend that it's only men that get shafted by women in divorce, but I've seen some women get some pretty crappy deals.

I know it's fun to pretend that women get shafted as much as men in divorce, but 90+% of the time it's men that get fucked royally. Then they wonder why men don't want to get married as much any more.

Tpoints
12-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I know it's fun to pretend that women get shafted as much as men in divorce, but 90+% of the time it's men that get fucked royally. Then they wonder why men don't want to get married as much any more.

it all depends on what you mean by fucked and shafted, to some, being asked for money is the same as having it taken from you. To others, not getting the money you think you're entitled to is the same as being robbed. Still to others, being able to walk away scott free is not good enough. Funny thing is, seems like nobody ever gets what they want : if you don't want the child, you have to pay for the child, if you want the child, you don't get to see the child. You never see both parents agreeing to give the child up, or one willing to get nothing and let the other walk (that would mean they agree too much to divorce).

tod evans
12-08-2012, 01:53 PM
So lay it all out for the public and let the citizenry make up their own mind...

HigherVision
12-08-2012, 02:01 PM
it all depends on what you mean by fucked and shafted

Who Initiates Divorce

No fault divorce
Under a no-fault divorce system the dissolution of a marriage does not require fault of either party to be shown Common reasons for no-fault divorce include: incompatibility, irreconcilable differences, and irremediable breakdown of the marriage. Forty-nine of the United States have adopted no-fault divorce laws. No-fault divorce has been in operation in Australia since 1975 and the only thing the applicant needs to show is separation (or "deemed separation") for 12 months. The divorce application can be made by both parties jointly.

The National Center for Health Statistics reports that from 1975 to 1988 in the US, in families with children present, wives file for divorce in approximately two-thirds of cases. In 1975, 71.4% of the cases were filed by women, and in 1988, 65% were filed by women.

According to a study published in the American Law and Economics Review, women currently file slightly more than two-thirds of divorce cases in the US. There is some variation among states, and the numbers have also varied over time, with about 60% of filings by women in most of the 19th century, and over 70% by women in some states just after no-fault divorce was introduced, according to the paper. Evidence is given that among college-educated couples, the percentages of divorces initiated by women is approximately 90%.

In their study titled "Child Custody Policies and Divorce Rates in the US," Kuhn and Guidubaldi find it reasonable to conclude that women anticipate advantages to being single, rather than remaining married.

When women anticipate a clear gender bias in the courts regarding custody, they expect to be the primary residential parent for the children and the resulting financial child support, maintaining the marital residence, receiving half of all marital property, and gaining total freedom to establish new social relationships. In their detailed analysis of divorce rates, Kuhn and Guidubaldi conclude that acceptance of joint physical custody may reduce divorce. States whose family law policies, statutes, or judicial practice encourage joint custody have shown a greater decline in their divorce rates than those that favor sole custody.

http://byrdeye.blogspot.com/2008/02/divorce-is-highway-robbery.html

tod evans
12-08-2012, 02:10 PM
How could it be a bad thing if before starting a relationship you could read of your potential partners exploits in previous relationships?

Women would be aware of philanderers and abusive men......Men would be aware of philanderers and money grubbers...

Sounds like win/win to me...

The only ones who come out on the short end are lawyers and judges who don't want their records reviewed...

HigherVision
12-08-2012, 02:19 PM
http://dalrock.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/custody_breakdown_sex1.png

Tpoints
12-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Who Initiates Divorce

No fault divorce

NFD = forget the child, freedom of parents is more important.

Nirvikalpa
12-08-2012, 03:22 PM
http://dalrock.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/custody_breakdown_sex1.png

You know what's (not so) funny about this? Out of all my male friends that have children (I can count them on one hand) and are divorced, none of them should have custody.

But, I had a friend in HS who would run away once or twice a week - to her fathers - because she was in her mother's custody. The father was fighting for full custody, and Nicole (my friend) wanted to live with her father. She was desperate to get out of her mother's house. The court system fucked her father and my friend over. The mother called the father a few weeks before what I am about to tell you, and said my friend was nothing but a problem child. It was in agreement that she was going to finally get the fuck out of her bitch mother's house. Want to know what happened to my friend? She was bludgeoned to death with a hammer and shovel by her mother when she was sleeping, a week before finally being able to go with her father. Here's a forum post/news article on it, if you don't believe me (http://findmissingkids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126). So don't tell me as a woman I don't understand or see the horrors fathers deal with by the courts.

If the government is involved, someone is getting screwed, plain and simple.

HigherVision
12-08-2012, 04:03 PM
You know what's (not so) funny about this? Out of all my male friends that have children (I can count them on one hand) and are divorced, none of them should have custody.

But, I had a friend in HS who would run away once or twice a week - to her fathers - because she was in her mother's custody. The father was fighting for full custody, and Nicole (my friend) wanted to live with her father. She was desperate to get out of her mother's house. The court system fucked her father and my friend over. The mother called the father a few weeks before what I am about to tell you, and said my friend was nothing but a problem child. It was in agreement that she was going to finally get the fuck out of her bitch mother's house. Want to know what happened to my friend? She was bludgeoned to death with a hammer and shovel by her mother when she was sleeping, a week before finally being able to go with her father. Here's a forum post/news article on it, if you don't believe me (http://findmissingkids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126). So don't tell me as a woman I don't understand or see the horrors fathers deal with by the courts.

If the government is involved, someone is getting screwed, plain and simple.

Considering you started out your post saying "Out of all my male friends that have children (I can count them on one hand) and are divorced, none of them should have custody." I find it hard to take your concluding statement "So don't tell me as a woman I don't understand or see the horrors fathers deal with by the courts." seriously. Because by your own admission if it were up to you hardly any fathers would be getting custody as very few per capita meet your unspecified qualifications. Apparently most of the women who had children with these men do though.

Nirvikalpa
12-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Considering you started out your post saying "Out of all my male friends that have children (I can count them on one hand) and are divorced, none of them should have custody." I find it hard to take your concluding statement "So don't tell me as a woman I don't understand or see the horrors fathers deal with by the courts." seriously. Because by your own admission if it were up to you hardly any fathers would be getting custody as very few per capita meet your unspecified qualifications. Apparently most of the women who had children with these men do though.

Because I said that those friends of mine I can count on one hand shouldn't have kids and certainly shouldn't have custody? They're all <24 will 3 and 4 year olds, and they haven't even grown up themselves. Hard to balance a baby and a beer, is what one of them told me the other day... and for the record, if they had listened to me in the first place and didn't get their dead-beat girlfriends pregnant, they wouldn't be struggling to hold a beer and a baby - and also, I would rather the kids stayed far away from both the dads and the moms. Both suck (as parents), and I am pretty sure they are getting state-assistance as well.

Let me know when ~4 men don't equate to every male in the United States in your mind, then I'll actually... give a shit.

What you're missing here is they do have custody. The point of my post was mostly to say the courts award those that shouldn't have custody with custody, and those who technically should have custody tend to not get custody - in case you missed that with the story of my friend's head getting bludgeoned by her mother who had custody. :rolleyes: The courts are fucking inept and so are some people here, apparently.

Tpoints
12-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Because I said that those friends of mine I can count on one hand shouldn't have kids and certainly shouldn't have custody? They're all <24 will 3 and 4 year olds, and they haven't even grown up themselves.

it's troublemakers like those that make me wish we had more laws sometimes.

HigherVision
12-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Because I said that those friends of mine I can count on one hand shouldn't have kids and certainly shouldn't have custody? They're all <24 will 3 and 4 year olds, and they haven't even grown up themselves. Hard to balance a baby and a beer, is what one of them told me the other day... and for the record, if they had listened to me in the first place and didn't get their dead-beat girlfriends pregnant, they wouldn't be struggling to hold a beer and a baby - and also, I would rather the kids stayed far away from both the dads and the moms. Both suck (as parents), and I am pretty sure they are getting state-assistance as well.

Let me know when ~4 men don't equate to every male in the United States in your mind, then I'll actually... give a shit.

What you're missing here is they do have custody. The point of my post was mostly to say the courts award those that shouldn't have custody with custody, and those who technically should have custody tend to not get custody - in case you missed that with the story of my friend's head getting bludgeoned by her mother who had custody. :rolleyes: The courts are fucking inept and so are some people here, apparently.

You're obfuscating the point that women are overwhelmingly awarded custody. The overall point driven home by the story this thread is about and the data I've posted is not just a general sentiment that the courts are inept but specifically that the courts are biased and overwhelmingly favor women. Anecdotal stories don't change that.

juleswin
12-08-2012, 04:23 PM
If it was up to me, both parents get the opportunity for equal custody of the children unless something screwy is wrong with one of the parents. Now a parent can opt out for no custody for child support. This way, you eliminate any opportunity for a gold digging spouse to take advantage of the bread winner.

So, no alimony and no child support unless one of the parents chooses it over child custody. Implement this change and you most likely see a drop in divorce rates.

newbitech
12-08-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l523XAgv_vc&amp;feature=youtu.be

Czolgosz
12-08-2012, 04:24 PM
You're obfuscating the point that women are overwhelmingly awarded custody. The overall point driven home by the story this thread is about and the data I've posted is not just a general sentiment that the courts are inept but specifically that the courts are biased and overwhelmingly favor women. Anecdotal stories don't change that.

http://img.scoop.it/B7CwBsYdMU9Loou8fLcoKzl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVaiQDB_R d1H6kmuBWtceBJ

Czolgosz
12-08-2012, 04:24 PM
If it was up to me, both parents get the opportunity for equal custody of the children unless something screwy is wrong with one of the parents. Now a parent can opt out for no custody for child support. This way, you eliminate any opportunity for a gold digging spouse to take advantage of the bread winner.

So, no alimony and no child support unless one of the parents chooses it over child custody. Implement this change and you most likely see a drop in divorce rates.

http://img.scoop.it/B7CwBsYdMU9Loou8fLcoKzl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVaiQDB_R d1H6kmuBWtceBJ

It was still in cache :D

oyarde
12-08-2012, 04:30 PM
I am happily married, love my kids, grandkids, but if I were a young person today , I would not even consider marriage or children , soon there will not be enough tax payers to prop up the socialist state. I am ok with that too , fuck a bunch of welfare.

juleswin
12-08-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l523XAgv_vc&feature=youtu.be

Ouch
He pays his ex $4000 a month
He cannot change jobs to a lower paying job because he cannot voluntarily reduce his income
He cannot save for retirement
He is forced to support an able bodied human being
And the only way out is death.

I am not a violent person but if this man decide to kill this woman, I don't think as a juror, I will find him guilty of murder. Married guys do have it rough in this country

Nirvikalpa
12-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Anecdotal stories don't change that.

You're right; they only work to use against someone and put words in their mouth...

Because by your own admission if it were up to you hardly any fathers would be getting custody as very few per capita meet your unspecified qualifications. Apparently most of the women who had children with these men do though.

Hardly any fathers? Apparently most of the women do? That's a lot to assume from my post about 4 people.

If you want children in the hands of the jobless, welfare-receiving individuals who booze out, who happen to be 4 men I know... by all means, I guess it's for the children. :)

HigherVision
12-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Ouch
He pays his ex $4000 a month
He cannot change jobs to a lower paying job because he cannot voluntarily reduce his income
He cannot save for retirement
He is forced to support an able bodied human being
And the only way out is death.

I am not a violent person but if this man decide to kill this woman, I don't think as a juror, I will find him guilty of murder. Married guys do have it rough in this country

Yeah but I know a person who knew a person who knew a person who had a cousin who was also forced to pay alimony to her ex-husband. So see it isn't just men, women get screwed in the courts too.

oyarde
12-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Yeah they would not want me on the jury...

Nirvikalpa
12-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah but I know a person who knew a person who knew a person who had a cousin who was also forced to pay alimony to her ex-husband. So see it isn't just men, women get screwed in the courts too.

I really don't see the point in pointing fingers at anyone except the real enemies of personal liberty, the courts, which allows this to happen. They'll be the last ones laughing as you continually point the finger at your average joe's and josephina's. It's just as sexist to assume all women are out to get ya as it is for the courts to award women overwhelmingly with custody. IT'S THE COURTS.

juleswin
12-08-2012, 04:42 PM

So your cousins friend is gay, that is too bad for him :). But we all know the majority of the beneficiaries of alimony is the female while the majority of the victims are the men. So enough with bring up the exceptions, I have stated the fact that I do not support alimony and it doesn't matter who the beneficiary is. So please dont make me out as some kind misogynist because am not. I truly want equality between the genders

HigherVision
12-08-2012, 04:43 PM
So your cousins friend is gay, that is too bad for him :). But we all know the majority of the beneficiaries of alimony is the female while the majority of the victims are the men. So enough with bring up the exceptions, I have stated the fact that I do not support alimony and it doesn't matter who the beneficiary is. So please dont make me out as some kind misogynist because am not. I truly want equality between the genders

It was sarcasm my friend

juleswin
12-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I really don't see the point in pointing fingers at anyone except the real enemies of personal liberty, the courts, which allows this to happen. They'll be the last ones laughing as you continually point the finger at your average joe's and josephina's. It's just as sexist to assume all women are out to get ya and it is for the courts to award women overwhelmingly with custody. IT'S THE COURTS.

What she said. The enemy is the court system who make money from child support system while destroying families

juleswin
12-08-2012, 04:45 PM
It was sarcasm my friend

Yup, another reason why we need a /sarcasm tag on this forum. My apologies :)

HigherVision
12-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I really don't see the point in pointing fingers at anyone except the real enemies of personal liberty, the courts, which allows this to happen. They'll be the last ones laughing as you continually point the finger at your average joe's and josephina's. It's just as sexist to assume all women are out to get ya and it is for the courts to award women overwhelmingly with custody. IT'S THE COURTS.

When women rise up en masse against this court system that so unfairly favors them, instead of milking it for all they can get let me know.

Until then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jgg-ifV6YM

Tpoints
12-08-2012, 04:52 PM
What she said. The enemy is the court system who make money from child support system while destroying families

court system can't force a person to abuse them.

Nirvikalpa
12-08-2012, 04:53 PM
When women rise up en masse against this court system that so unfairly favors them, instead of milking it for all they can get let me know.

I could say this: when men begin having children with women they know wouldn't take them to court, let me know. But I don't believe that's fair.

I'd rather two people just sat down and talked it out without courts, regardless, but that's asking way too much of this society, apparently.

And btw - I did make a point for how unfair it was to my friend's father that the court system killed his only daughter... and you just ignored it, and worse, put words in my mouth.

Tpoints
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd rather two people just sat down and talked it out without courts, regardless, but that's asking way too much of this society, apparently.

yes, it is asking too much. People don't get divorced because they can be understanding, mature and considerate adults, they only divorce because they can't.

tod evans
12-08-2012, 05:51 PM
By eliminating this closed door policy in family court it would allow communities to hold the responsible parties accountable and that includes judges and shady lawyers as well as irresponsible/unethical spouses...

satchelmcqueen
12-08-2012, 07:50 PM
when they cheat on you?

satchelmcqueen
12-08-2012, 08:14 PM
i as a father am the custodial parent. my ex has me and our 17 and 16 yr old in court trying to force them to see her even though she yells and verbally abuses them, which is why they wont go with her. this case has been going for a year alomost now and i have YET to be able to say a single word in my defense of them not going with her. the judge did speak with the kids in feburary when this started but she was disrespectful to them and would hardly listen to what they told her. if the case isnt over and dropped in january when we go back im contacting the news media and posting all of my evidence against my ex on line. if the truth cant be heard in court ill just go public.

im being fucked and so are the kids. our evidence she is lying isnt even considered.

tod evans
12-08-2012, 08:15 PM
when they cheat on you?

All the more reason to publicize not only her behavior but that of the judge and both lawyers...

Public knowledge to protect the unknowing...

papitosabe
12-08-2012, 09:42 PM
i as a father am the custodial parent. my ex has me and our 17 and 16 yr old in court trying to force them to see her even though she yells and verbally abuses them, which is why they wont go with her. this case has been going for a year alomost now and i have YET to be able to say a single word in my defense of them not going with her. the judge did speak with the kids in feburary when this started but she was disrespectful to them and would hardly listen to what they told her. if the case isnt over and dropped in january when we go back im contacting the news media and posting all of my evidence against my ex on line. if the truth cant be heard in court ill just go public.

im being fucked and so are the kids. our evidence she is lying isnt even considered.

sorry to hear this... This shit makes me sick...hope things work out for you..

jkob
12-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Never getting or married or having kids.

tod evans
12-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Never getting or married or having kids.

Then get cut now.

KingNothing
12-08-2012, 10:21 PM
So, why do people still get married?

KingNothing
12-08-2012, 10:30 PM

It has to be higher than 90-percent.

papitosabe
12-08-2012, 11:31 PM
pl
It has to be higher than 90-percent.

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

MikeStanart
12-08-2012, 11:37 PM
So basically legal slaves

jim49er
12-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Hearing on alimony case postponed after judge takes ill

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2012/12/hearing_on_alimony_case_postpo.html#incart_river_d efault

The divorce process was a long and bitter one with the judge faulting both parties for difficulties, according to court transcripts. During proceedings the judge said she wrongfully accused him of hiding assets while he was less than cooperative about sharing information about debts. The judge also said Waldorf was "willfully underemployed" for not seeking a better paying job so he could pay the ordered alimony.

In the beginning Waldorf had an attorney but when he could no longer afford to pay that attorney he began representing himself, according to court transcript.