PDA

View Full Version : Want To Visit Lansing To Support Right To Work?

angelatc
12-07-2012, 05:08 PM
From my in-box:

Fellow Conservatives,

We need your help on Tuesday, December 11th on the east lawn of the Capitol. It is crucial that we continue to show support for our legislators who have courageously fought for freedom in the workplace over the past couple weeks, Tuesday is the last part of the process to pass the bill and we want them to know we are with them all the way through this. We also want to show opposition to the union thugs who continue to try and scream and push their ideas on us.

We will be there with heated tents and food starting at 10 am and will have information packets to help you better understand how to lobby your legislators. After talking with them, please stay as long as possible and help us show a strong conservative presence.

If you’d like to get in the fray, join some of us on the Capitol steps as we stand up to the union thugs and their antics. See what we dealt with from them in two short videos here: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/07/Andrew-Breitbart-Remembered-as-Union-Members-Get-Ugly-in-Michigan

We’ll be there all day so if you can’t make it early, please do everything possible to come out later in the day. Hope to see you there!

For Liberty,

Micah Kissling
Field Coordinator
Livingston/Genesee/Lapeer
517-599-7814 (tel:517-599-7814) - mkissling@afphq.org
www.americansforprosperity.org (http://www.americansforprosperity.org/)

Union members will be there in force.

FSP-Rebel
12-08-2012, 12:49 PM
This bill is on the fast track to passage. Snyder and co are likely trying to orchestrate a WI style situation to grab national headlines to make up for the fact that he went against the grain on that bridge ordeal. It'd be cool if we went RTW but that better include public employee unions too.

angelatc
12-08-2012, 12:59 PM
This bill is on the fast track to passage. Snyder and co are likely trying to orchestrate a WI style situation to grab national headlines to make up for the fact that he went against the grain on that bridge ordeal. It'd be cool if we went RTW but that better include public employee unions too.

The Republicans weren't thrilled with the new pension tax, either.

This was really planned behind the scenes. As soon as the bills started moving, my phone started ringing with GOP messages, including invitations to come to the Victory Centers to phone bank over the weekend. It was kind of creepy.

They clearly have the votes, so I think they did it this way to avoid as much union violence as they could.

The Senate passed 2 bills, one public and one private. If the House passes both of those Tuesday, and Gov Snyder signs them, the Democrats will sue. Democracy isn't their thing all the time...

FSP-Rebel
12-08-2012, 01:49 PM
If the House passes both of those Tuesday, and Gov Snyder signs them, the Democrats will sue. Democracy isn't their thing all the time...
Yeah, they are talking about wanting a unified Mich instead of a divided one and all their other talking points, yet they won't accept the fact that we collectively slammed their forced unionization schemes recently. Then these yobs are getting arrested by the state police for doing dumb shit at the capital building. It's this type of overboard tactic that really drives some people to go from having a neutral view on unions (particularly public) to hating their freaking guts.

angelatc
12-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah, they are talking about wanting a unified Mich instead of a divided one and all their other talking points, yet they won't accept the fact that we collectively slammed their forced unionization schemes recently. Then these yobs are getting arrested by the state police for doing dumb shit at the capital building. It's this type of overboard tactic that really drives some people to go from having a neutral view on unions (particularly public) to hating their freaking guts.

Were you out today? In Genesee County, "Don't Hurt Working Families" signs have sprung up all over.

Did you watch Skubic's show this week? One of the panelists said that Snyder told the unions if they went through with their Prop 2 effort, all bets were off as far as the GOP going after RTW. I had heard that on Facebook, but didn't give it much credit.

I'd really like to go to Lansing Tuesday. I probably won't make it, but I'd like to.

(ETA: and the TV ads are all over the airwaves tonight, too.)

angelatc
12-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Not worth a new thread. Listening to NPR all day, and they have a major case of the sad. It doesn't seem like they have a Hannity snowball's chance of stopping this.

EBounding
12-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I love how butt-hurt the Freep is over this too. :D

Keith and stuff
12-10-2012, 10:13 PM
This is so interesting. Unions helped destroy MI. I mean, miles and miles of MI are a complete wasteland. The unemployment rate has been insanely high for years. It is the state people are mostly likely to leave. I figured the people leaving were the smarter people. The people who know the unions helped destroy the state. Yet, there are enough people in the state who have woken up to the reality and are trying to turn it around before everything completely falls apart. Why I don't have high hopes for MI and wouldn't want to be in Lansing after dark, this is certainly an inspirational story. Even with many of the best people gone, people in MI are able to learn from their mistakes. People are able to make positive changes, to rise from the ashes so to speak. This is good news for all of humanity.