John McCain 9%
Ron Paul 5%
Tom Tancredo 3%
Duncan Hunter 3%
Alan Keyes 1%
Unsure 11%

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/polls/Texas-November-2007.html

BUT:

Despite recent surges in the polls, Ron Paul only receives 5% in the latest Texas poll by IVRPolls.

With regards to the results, David Terr of USAElectionPolls.com does not preach doom, as he states "this specific poll only questioned GOP voters who have previously voted in a Primary election".

He suggests that a polling methodology such as this leaves off younger voters, anti-establishment voters, and emphasizes George Bush loyalists; each contributing to downgrade Ron Paul's support.

David Terr continues on to say "not all polls use this as their polling methodology and can be considered more accurate but Ron Paul's support base is being left off in this poll".

According to the results, Ron Paul was tied for first place among voters under 40 years of age.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=28515&cat=5

Tied for first among voters under 40, and that from a base of voters that voted for Bush, in a primary, as an incumbent. That's pretty good news. If we can win Texas, we can win the whitehouse.

Austin
11-21-2007, 12:38 AM
On top of that, there are still 11% that are undecided. I would like to see most of that go to us.

Also remember that only 6.6% of registered Republicans showed up to the primaries in '04.

American
11-21-2007, 12:44 AM
and Hunter kicked ass in the straw poll, no way will Texas vote for Rudy, no friggin way. People are losing there land through eminent domain in Laredo.

DRV45N05
11-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Perry endorsing Giuliani will help him a lot. The Bush/Perry machine owns Texas politics, and they ARE the GOP.

Plus, the Texas GOP HATES Ron for 1996, for the war, for not being Bush's monkey boy, and for not being an oil whore. Nevertheless, the fact that Texas is an open primary will help a TON.

ZenX
11-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Well, here's one registered democrat that will be behind Dr. Paul.

Thom1776
11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Multiply Paul's support ANYWHERE by 3:

So in REALITY it's probably closer to:

Rudy Giuliani 20%
Ron Paul 15%
Fred Thompson 14%
Mike Huckabee 14%
Mitt Romney 11%
John McCain 8%
Tom Tancredo 3%
Duncan Hunter 3%
Alan Keyes 1%
Unsure 10%

If Ron Paul is equal or greater to the leader's number of any poll divided by three, then we've got that election.

We're closing in on Romney in New Hampshire:

The REALITY numbers:

Mitt Romney 29%
Ron Paul 24%
John McCain 15%
Rudy Giuliani 14%
Mike Huckabee 4%
Fred Thompson 3%
Tom Tancredo 1%
Duncan Hunter -%
Alan Keyes -%
Other(vol.) 10%

mavtek
11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Yes Texas is a bitch, but at least we got plenty of time here and I'm going to do everything in my power to get us the win.

Suzu
11-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Perry endorsing Giuliani will help him a lot. The Bush/Perry machine owns Texas politics, and they ARE the GOP.

Plus, the Texas GOP HATES Ron for 1996, for the war, for not being Bush's monkey boy, and for not being an oil whore. Nevertheless, the fact that Texas is an open primary will help a TON.

Shhhhhh... don't remind them or they'll likely change at the last moment and shut us all out.

Of course Perry wants Giuliani, whose law firm represents the company that is taking over the roads in Texas and putting in tollbooths. Lots of people know that down there, and they HATE Perry.

ZenX
11-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Apparently here at A&M I think they are pushing to get Perry as the university president. :(

V4Vendetta
11-21-2007, 01:21 AM
That Poll is no where NEAR accurate!!!!!!! Texans Voting for RUDY????? LMAO sure thing.... If Paul hits 5% nationally, you can bet every penny in your pocket he's 30% in Texas!

OptionsTrader
11-21-2007, 01:22 AM
That Poll is no where NEAR accurate!!!!!!! Texans Voting for RUDY????? LMAO sure thing.... If Paul hits 5% nationally, you can bet every penny in your pocket he's 30% in Texas!

Actually, there is a large amount of loyalty to Bush still in the Houston area of Texas. Sadly. I hear it is better in the Austin area.

wealeat
11-21-2007, 01:26 AM
That poll is of 500 previous GOP voters. How many people on this site were previous GOP voters? I sure heck wasn't and I imagine most others aren't.

V4Vendetta
11-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Actually, there is a large amount of loyalty to Bush still in the Houston area of Texas. Sadly. I hear it is better in the Austin area.

Houston Yes... Austin is better, yes.... I am talking about Rudy... that poll had Rudy in the lead.... NO TEXAS CONSERVATIVE< GUN LOVING REPUBLICAN WILL EVER VOTE FOR RUDY!!!

alien
11-21-2007, 01:34 AM
Where are all the Ron Paul signs and bumper stickers here in Houston? I'm the only one I have seen. I don't see any support here but I don't get out of my area on the West side of Houston much. I try to get others pumped up to do something but I am surrounded by lazy dumbasses.

chrismatthews
11-21-2007, 01:36 AM
That poll is of 500 previous GOP voters. How many people on this site were previous GOP voters? I sure heck wasn't and I imagine most others aren't.

That was the point of my post.

First, you dont often see a pollster acknowledge the shortcoming in the method they use, but this pollster has.

Second, Paul is tied for first with under the age of 40 voters.

This is encouraging if you believe that Paul supporters will get off their rears and vote in the primaries, which i believe we will.

Texas has 34 electoral votes. To give you an idea, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina and Iowa have 24 combined. If we can deliver a state this size then we can get Dr. Paul in the whitehouse.

Paulitician
11-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Houston Yes... Austin is better, yes.... I am talking about Rudy... that poll had Rudy in the lead.... NO TEXAS CONSERVATIVE< GUN LOVING REPUBLICAN WILL EVER VOTE FOR RUDY!!!
The question is, do they know that Rudy is a gun-grabbing liberal? The reality is, Rudy Giuliani is one of the most well known and most supported among the Republican establishment. To think otherwise is folly. The people need to be informed. Who's going to inform them? Media certainly isn't doing it.

DRV45N05
11-21-2007, 01:43 AM

1) Perry says vote for Rudy. That goes a long way in Texas. Getting the endorsement of any popular governor will do wonders.
2) Giuliani is the most hawkish of the candidates. That goes a long way with the Texas GOP.

It wiil be pretty interesting to see where the other trees fall. I anticipate that KBH will endorse McCain, seeing as though they seem to be good friends. Cornyn's endorsement is anyone's guess.

DRV45N05
11-21-2007, 01:47 AM
That was the point of my post.

First, you dont often see a pollster acknowledge the shortcoming in the method they use, but this pollster has.

Second, Paul is tied for first with under the age of 40 voters.

This is encouraging if you believe that Paul supporters will get off their rears and vote in the primaries, which i believe we will.

Texas has 34 electoral votes. To give you an idea, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina and Iowa have 24 combined. If we can deliver a state this size then we can get Dr. Paul in the whitehouse.

Oh, make no mistake, if Ron is the nominee, he would carry Texas easily.

The trouble is going to be taking the primary. IF the nomination context makes it to March, which is when Texas goes, it will probably be between Ron and someone else. (My guess is Romney.) You can bet your bottom dollar that every major GOP political player in Texas will be getting behind Romney, given the Texas GOP establishment's hatred of Ron there.

However, Ron will have the independents and crossover Democrats in his pocket, which will be the ace in the hole for an open primary.

mavtek
11-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Where are all the Ron Paul signs and bumper stickers here in Houston? I'm the only one I have seen. I don't see any support here but I don't get out of my area on the West side of Houston much. I try to get others pumped up to do something but I am surrounded by lazy dumbasses.

Couldn't agree with you more, I've been preaching to the meetups over and over all across the state. No response....

Today I talked about a PAC, and radio ads, and other things via my meetup, no responses....

While we have time in Texas it sure would be nice to pull out all the stops ASAP and not a few weeks prior to the Primaries.

V4Vendetta
11-21-2007, 02:17 AM
Every Texan I talk to, on the street, at the pump, in the store, Knows that Rudy is a gun Grabbing liberal, they will not vote for him, and are confused by the Perry endorsement.

Well I guess I ran into 2 that supported him, and after I got done talking to them, they changed their mind.

One of the things I kindly tell them, is the fact that Perry is going to make Millions off of the TTC (Trans Texas Corridor) that Rudy's law firm is representing.... and if it goes through and construction is started... Rudy and Perry will make Millions off of it.... and Perry would lose money if Rudy wasn't the President.

And 90% of the people I meet, are already totally against the TTC. As it takes away Private Property.

alien
11-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Couldn't agree with you more, I've been preaching to the meetups over and over all across the state. No response....

Today I talked about a PAC, and radio ads, and other things via my meetup, no responses....

While we have time in Texas it sure would be nice to pull out all the stops ASAP and not a few weeks prior to the Primaries.

I guess they are hoping that he does well in the early primaries and will get name recognition by our March 4 primary. Of course you have to be registered by February 4 to vote.

mavtek
11-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Every Texan I talk to, on the street, at the pump, in the store, Knows that Rudy is a gun Grabbing liberal, they will not vote for him, and are confused by the Perry endorsement.

Well I guess I ran into 2 that supported him, and after I got done talking to them, they changed their mind.

One of the things I kindly tell them, is the fact that Perry is going to make Millions off of the TTC (Trans Texas Corridor) that Rudy's law firm is representing.... and if it goes through and construction is started... Rudy and Perry will make Millions off of it.... and Perry would lose money if Rudy wasn't the President.

And 90% of the people I meet, are already totally against the TTC. As it takes away Private Property.

Couldn't agree with you more, this is the total consensus of south Texas, unfortunately not North Texas.

terlinguatx
11-21-2007, 09:34 AM

troyd1
11-21-2007, 09:53 AM
On top of that, there are still 11% that are undecided. I would like to see most of that go to us.

Also remember that only 6.6% of registered Republicans showed up to the primaries in '04.

Does this mean they are polling only people in that 6.6%? If so we are way ahead.

Freedom
11-21-2007, 10:20 AM

Be on the lookout in December...

One of the Houston meetup groups has gotten a permit to display 35-foot Ron Paul signs on six overpasses over US 59 leading into downtown Houston.

That should generate some attention!

alien
11-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Be on the lookout in December...

One of the Houston meetup groups has gotten a permit to display 35-foot Ron Paul signs on six overpasses over US 59 leading into downtown Houston.

That should generate some attention!

Which meetup? I would like to join that one.:D

RTsquared
11-21-2007, 02:49 PM
1) Perry says vote for Rudy. That goes a long way in Texas. Getting the endorsement of any popular governor will do wonders.

And what exactly does popular governor have to do with Rick Perry, pray tell???

I guess the 38% mandate in the last election goes farther in some people's minds than it does in mine.

http://www.impeachperry.com - I'd buy a bumper sticker for my car if I didn't have some desire to drive it to a RPT function sometime between now and November.

Freedom
11-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Which meetup? I would like to join that one.:D

Houston 4 Ron Paul, meetup group #24 - Here is a link to the 59 bridge planning event: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/24/calendar/6698165/ (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/24/calendar/6698165/)