PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Military intervention in Syria imminent (Congress has no say)

itshappening
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Sources close to the French Defense Ministry reported Friday, Dec. 7, that a Western-Arab military intervention against the Assad regime is due to begin shortly with the participation of the US, France, Britain, Turkey, Jordan and other anti-Assad Arab nations. debkafile: The reference is to Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Qatar’s special forces.

Our military sources add that the French aircraft carrier Charles De Gaulle carrying a complement of marines is deployed in the Mediterranean, having joined the USS Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group and at least five British warships which are also carrying a large marine force.

French sources told Le Point magazine that the NATO mission for Syria, including the UK and the US, would be modeled on the Western intervention in Libya in 2011. It would combine an aerial blitz with ground action by special forces for destroying Assad’s chemical weapons stocks, his air force and his air defense systems.

http://www.debka.com/article/22594/Paris-NATO-Arab-Syria-intervention-imminent

-

Expect more propaganda this week regarding Syria and chemical weapons. The Sunday talk shows will be a good outlet for Administration officials to spread their lies to an unsuspecting public who will be told of the need to act urgently to save lives.

HOLLYWOOD
12-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes, read that last night... Hillary also is sticking her nose in this game and it's pissing-off Putin.

I'm sure the Embassy cable to Putin/Larinov is "go ahead, jump in, we'll suck you into a quagmire, bankrupt Russia, and kick your ass." Russia and China made the dumbest mistake allowing the CFR/US to plug the Night of the Long Knives in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, and Syria.

To me, this means Russia's GRU/Intel game is WAY BEHIND the 8-ball

Zippyjuan
12-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Never checked them out but have heard that Debka file is often inaccurate.

HOLLYWOOD
12-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Never checked them out but have heard that Debka file is often inaccurate.Have you been watching US propaganda TV today? They're all selling it now... building up the 'Humanitarian Cause vs. the Evil Murderous Dictator' Face-it the CIA/Mi5/etc have failed at sweeping Assad out and now it's gone to plan B, plan C, plan D... I'm sure the NSC/CIA/DIA has a work-flow chart by now.

Obama's public announcement system channel aka CNN, has been extra frothy with the Syria genocide propaganda. Today's tid-bits are: US forces close by land, sea, and air to strike the evil chemical weapons, WMDs, and regime. Complete with CGI animated graphics and maps. Same BS, just another location on the global map.

Dr.3D
12-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Hummmm... maybe the Mayan calendar is correct. /s

thoughtomator
12-07-2012, 09:17 PM
The propagandists have been pushing this for a while now, yet they've backed off a number of entry points to date.

Debka is completely unreliable and often resembles the rantings of a deranged lunatic. If they say something, that detracts, not supports, the assertion made. I don't think Russia will take kindly to Western intervention at all - and in the middle of winter in Europe, their ability to shut off the gas is extremely powerful.

devil21
12-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Isn't debka a Sorcha Faal outlet? Not that I'd say it's automatically bs but the source is questionable. I do think that some sort of military intervention will occur since the Syrian military has been successful in beating back the western-supplied Al Qaeda but I really can't see Russia sitting by while their only naval base in the middle east region is taken over. The Syrian military and air force are a lot more formidable than the Libyans were!

Brett85
12-07-2012, 10:11 PM
If we have full blown war with Syria and Iran during Obama's second term, this could really open things up for Rand in 2016. A lot of the Republicans may turn against these wars since Obama got us into them, and Rand could also win over a lot of independents and anti war Democrats by taking a strong stance against these wars. This might be a huge opportunity for the liberty movement in general to become more popular.

LibForestPaul
12-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Hummmm... maybe the Mayan calendar is correct. /s
Lol...

LibForestPaul
12-07-2012, 10:13 PM
If we have full blown war with Syria and Iran during Obama's second term, this could really open things up for Rand in 2016. A lot of the Republicans may turn against these wars since Obama got us into them, and Rand could also win over a lot of independents and anti war Democrats by taking a strong stance against these wars. This might be a huge opportunity for the liberty movement in general to become more popular.

And he can run with the Judge.
And maybe put his father in as Fed Chairman.
And Adam in the state department.

BSU kid
12-07-2012, 10:14 PM

Or the propaganda machine could turn this into a "patriotic" campaign fighting against tyranny and demonstrating our might to the world. Rand Paul would be a traitor in that case...:rolleyes:

bolil
12-07-2012, 10:27 PM
congress does indeed have a say, they just say nothing. Much blather... nothing said.

Brett85
12-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Or the propaganda machine could turn this into a "patriotic" campaign fighting against tyranny and demonstrating our might to the world. Rand Paul would be a traitor in that case...:rolleyes:

I doubt it. I think the American people are pretty sick of war by this point. I imagine a lot of independent voters voted for Obama this election because they viewed him as being the lesser of two evils on foreign policy issues. Like Ron says, the peace candidate always wins.

headhawg7
12-07-2012, 11:31 PM
If we have full blown war with Syria and Iran during Obama's second term, this could really open things up for Rand in 2016. A lot of the Republicans may turn against these wars since Obama got us into them, and Rand could also win over a lot of independents and anti war Democrats by taking a strong stance against these wars. This might be a huge opportunity for the liberty movement in general to become more popular.We will be at war with both before his term is up just as I predicted before he was re-elected. It is MUCH easier to go to war with Obama as President. You can count on the anti-war left to remain virtually silent.

headhawg7
12-07-2012, 11:32 PM
I doubt it. I think the American people are pretty sick of war by this point. I imagine a lot of independent voters voted for Obama this election because they viewed him as being the lesser of two evils on foreign policy issues. Like Ron says, the peace candidate always wins.Nope....they will continue to show more violent images and drum up the outrage from the ignorant too lazy to do their own research.

devil21
12-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Nope....they will continue to show more violent images and drum up the outrage from the ignorant too lazy to do their own research.

Not unless there's something that directly affects Americans, a la 911. They might get away with more Syria shenanigans but Iran dwarfs both Libya and Syria, nevermind still fresh memories of Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran is bigger than both of them put together! Like Wesley Clark's 7 countries video implies, Iran is the last target and it won't be militarily taken over. It's being surrounded and the biggest victory is one that is won without firing a shot (-Sun Tsu).

ClydeCoulter
12-08-2012, 07:13 AM

And, if we take a really far-into-the-future-optimistic-look, maybe this will all start WWIII and we will exterminate ourselves, and the next intelligent species, seveal millions of years from now, might find CD's and Harddrives preseved in amber and decode and decypher them and discover how not to be like us, which will save their race.