PDA

View Full Version : Nikki Haley will not appoint herself, wants someone like DeMint

Brian4Liberty
12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Post from Haley today:

Appointing a new member of the U.S. Senate is a solemn duty, and I take this responsibility with utmost seriousness. I will make this decision in a manner that is thoughtful and dignified, but also quickly.

I want to make two things clear from the outset. Number one, I will not take the appointment myself. Number two, I will appoint a person who has the same philosophy of government that Jim DeMint and I share.

With all the challenges we face as a state and nation, it is essential that the next senator from South Carolina be dedicated to the principles that our state most values.

http://www.facebook.com/NikkiHaley/posts/10151180888698226

Aratus
12-08-2012, 08:02 AM
lets hope for the best on this...

Jeremy
12-08-2012, 08:10 AM
They don't share the same philosophy...

Really she's going to appoint any old Republican

Confederate
12-08-2012, 09:09 AM
It's pretty obvious Tim Scott already has the job secured. Only black guy in the Senate being a Republican...

Confederate
12-08-2012, 09:09 AM

Really she's going to appoint any old Republican

But I thought Republicans stood for social and fiscal conservatism like DeMint!?

Aratus
12-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Mitt Romney was spotted coming out of Costco recently with some purchases, does that count?

compromise
12-09-2012, 03:17 PM
She was elected as a fiscally conservative, libertarian-leaning Tea Partier, which is why she got Tom Davis's endorsement. She did become very moderate once she got elected which annoyed a lot of people, but this is a good chance for her to redeem herself in the eyes of South Carolina conservatives.

HOLLYWOOD
12-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Mitt Romney was spotted coming out of Costco recently with some purchases, does that count?Nope, Sam's Club and Wally World rule qualify you in South Carolina.

PS: Piggly Wiggly still rules in my book!
https://i.duckduckgo.com/i/cbcfaf16.png