PDA

View Full Version : How Much TSA Abuse Is Enough?

Lucille
12-07-2012, 01:40 PM
How Much TSA Abuse Is Enough?
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/12/how-much-tsa-abuse-is-enough.html

What on Earth does the TSA have to do to bump up against some serious resistance?
[...]
If you feel like you've been sexually molested, you can go and cry on YouTube, like Miss USA did, but that's about as much sympathy as you're gonna get. You were molested for everyone's protection.
[...]
Well, as Adam Kokesh shows below, we're not there yet. He took to the airport to film passengers while their fondling/radiation experience was still fresh in their minds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7gmL9F6TFw

If Americans are OK with a genital grab here and there, why not expand it to other places besides the airport?

The longer that this goes on, the more emboldened the state will get, and that's exactly what they'll (slowly, of course) start to do.

How Much TSA Abuse Is Enough? (Part 2)
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/12/how-much-tsa-abuse-is-enough-part-2.html

Be sure to view the Adam Kokesh video at the post to get a sense for people's views on the TSA. In seeming frustration, Chris asks, "How much TSA abuse is enough?"

The sad answer is probably a lot.

For the Henry Hazlitt Lecture that I will be delivering in March at the Mises Institute Austrian Economics Research Conference 2013, I am conducting research on the collapse of the Soviet Union. I am stunned at the amount of abuse Soviet citizens tolerated. They seemingly held an attitude not much different than that of those tolerating TSA abuse.

Writes Vladimir Shlapentokh, former Senior Fellow, the Institute of Sociology, Moscow:

...most Russians were dissatisfied with several aspects of their lives, such as shortages of goods (and in particular the lack of meat and fish, as well as fruits and vegetables), the unending lines, as well as the low quality of consumer goods...Many Russians hated the local authorities and blamed them for several of the deficiencies in their lives. However, they rarely assessed the whole system based on concrete negative facts. The dual mentality mentioned above permitted the Soviet people (as it does in any society) to combine seemingly opposite views on 'reality.'...The coping mechanism isolates people from facts which can be unsettling to them. This is how most Russians continued to stick to official images of life in the USSR despite the flow of information from the West.

The view only changed when the elitist lives of Soviet leaders became clear to the Soviet people and sudden changes occurred in the Soviet economy which caused people to re-asses their situation.

Vox Day: This is why I warned about the significance of the establishment of the TSA. It was quite clearly a test, and a test that the American people completely failed. Had all Americans simply refused to fly, the Federal bureaucrats would have gone too far and pulled back. Since they whined but ultimately accepted the new travel regime, they simply set themselves up for the next test.

Which most will whine about and ultimately accept, again.

Lucille
12-07-2012, 01:58 PM
“They’re not the same Americans now. They crave authority,” he said. “They lust after regulation. They love being frisked, x-rayed, and felt-up at airports because it gives them a false sense of significance.”
--Fred's friend Bob (http://www.fredoneverything.net/Bob.shtml)

Anti Federalist
12-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Which most will whine about and ultimately accept, again.

Of course they will.

Are you kidding me?

These people would barbecue their firstborn child on the front lawn if the "authorities" told them to.

JK/SEA
12-07-2012, 02:26 PM
great vid from Kokesh.

+rep for posting.

presence
12-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Its really sad that Adam was there to get footage of ppl trash talking their TSA experience... yet it seems Joe Mundane love it.

JustinTime
12-09-2012, 07:04 PM
I tried to talk to some people on another forum recently about the Congressmans niece who had her breasts exposed by a TSA goon. I never got a serious repsonse, mostly a lot of textbook liberals saying "Why r U CONS so scared of boobs?"

To be fair though, I did get a few thoughtful left-wingers sympathizing with me, but mostly it just seems like a lost cause.

KCIndy
12-09-2012, 07:15 PM
If Americans are OK with a genital grab here and there, why not expand it to other places besides the airport?

It's already here in some cases, and a "coming soon" threat almost everywhere else.

*It's coming at bus stops.

*It's coming (or here) at your kids' school.

*It's already in place at most courthouses across the country.

*It's coming (or here) at innumerable roadside checkpoints if you do anything "suspicious."

*I expect it to be in place in most hospitals pretty soon.

After that will come supermarkets. Shopping malls. Restaurants. Then, because they don't want to be deemed "suspicious" or anti-authoritarian, you'll see churches and other houses of worship join the practice.

And yes, I'm serious. It's not a joke, and it's amazing to me - absolutely f*ckin' amazing - that no one seems to give a damn.

EBounding
12-09-2012, 07:31 PM
People don't mind the TSA as long as its "fast".

God help us.

QuickZ06
12-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Why does no one care!!!!!

KCIndy
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM

I care... and I know most of us here do. But sadly, I'm guessing we're representative of about five percent of the population, maybe less.

I know. It's depressing as hell, isn't it?

EBounding
12-09-2012, 07:59 PM

I guess I can "get" people enduring this crap themselves. But you would think the line would be crossed when they're literally molesting our children. Apparently not though....

cjm
12-09-2012, 07:59 PM

Government schools and TV.

coastie
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Well, they make me feel safe.

Well, there hasn't been any terrrrists fly planes into buildings since 9/11 because of the TSA.

Well, I got nothin' to hide.

MikeStanart
12-09-2012, 08:58 PM
THIS is what I like to see Kokesh doing. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the whole anti-Ron Paul rant though. If he would stay away from drama and continue doing THIS; I'd be happy with him.

Anti Federalist
12-09-2012, 09:01 PM

Because, and I hate to sound like a broken record here, but it's the truth, people do not want freedom.

People, in fact, hate freedom, and will actually fight against you, vigorously, if you try to bring it to them.

It has nothing to do with education, brainwashing or chemicals in the food, air and water.

Those things, to the extent that they exist, only serve to solidify basic human nature, and what people want, which is not freedom.

They want to be fed, entertained and exercise (or watch the exercise of) petty power over their fellow man.

Liberty and freedom when it has flourished in mankind's history, has been the brief periods when small bands of refuseniks have seized freedom and dragged along the rest of wretched humanity, kicking and screaming the whole time.

KCIndy
12-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Because, and I hate to sound like a broken record here, but it's the truth, people do not want freedom.

People, in fact, hate freedom, and will actually fight against you, vigorously, if you try to bring it to them.

It has nothing to do with education, brainwashing or chemicals in the food, air and water.

Those things, to the extent that they exist, only serve to solidify basic human nature, and what people want, which is not freedom.

They want to be fed, entertained and exercise (or watch the exercise of) petty power over their fellow man.

Liberty and freedom when it has flourished in mankind's history, has been the brief periods when small bands of refuseniks have seized freedom and dragged along the rest of wretched humanity, kicking and screaming the whole time.

True. All true.

Funny, isn't it, how truth can sometimes be bitter beyond bearing.

Anti Federalist
12-09-2012, 10:15 PM
True. All true.

For with much wisdom comes great sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.

Ecclesiastes 1-18

Anti Federalist
12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
True. All true.

I prefer the King James flavor myself.

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

cjm
12-09-2012, 10:29 PM

I respectfully disagree. Most people that I have come into contact with are "live and let live" folks at their core. That is basic human nature. They get conditioned through demagoguing to fear for their lifestyle and livelihood and only then do they turn on each other. They don't want to exercise petty power over their fellow man, they fear that their fellow man may exercise power over them and react to that fear. It's Hegelianism galore in 2012 America. If you talk to archetypal social conservatives, not the bozos on TV but the every day folks, they really don't care what "the gays" are doing in their spare time. But present them with "the gay agenda" and it's a different story. Likewise, gays don't care how a social conservative spends his Sunday morning, but introduce legislation that reduces their legal rights and that's a different story. It's all reaction to perceived threats often created by those that want to profit from the discord.

The average person wants protection from all of the perceived threats out there because they live in fear -- fear of losing their health insurance, fear of that redneck open-carrying a 1911, fear of crazy, irrational Iranians, fear that their spouses might leave them, et cetera. A lot of that fear comes from schooling and TV. People don't reject freedom at their core, they're just indoctrinated into the fear culture. That's why government schooling is compulsory (http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/underground/prologue.htm). In, of course, my humble opinion.

Czolgosz
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM
I wish there were more people willing to separate from the slaves, and *actually* assume a red pill life. Zion should be a place near a coast, where liberty is defended with blood.

Anti Federalist
12-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I could see how the two could go hand in hand, its a valid point:

Fear of going hungry.

Entertainment to take one's mind off all the fears.

Petty power being exercised to make sure the fearful hordes, whatever or whomever they may be, don't come and rape and pillage and burn.

I respectfully disagree. Most people that I have come into contact with are "live and let live" folks at their core. That is basic human nature. They get conditioned through demagoguing to fear for their lifestyle and livelihood and only then do they turn on each other. They don't want to exercise petty power over their fellow man, they fear that their fellow man may exercise power over them and react to that fear. It's Hegelianism galore in 2012 America. If you talk to archetypal social conservatives, not the bozos on TV but the every day folks, they really don't care what "the gays" are doing in their spare time. But present them with "the gay agenda" and it's a different story. Likewise, gays don't care how a social conservative spends his Sunday morning, but introduce legislation that reduces their legal rights and that's a different story. It's all reaction to perceived threats often created by those that want to profit from the discord.

The average person wants protection from all of the perceived threats out there because they live in fear -- fear of losing their health insurance, fear of that redneck open-carrying a 1911, fear of crazy, irrational Iranians, fear that their spouses might leave them, et cetera. A lot of that fear comes from schooling and TV. People don't reject freedom at their core, they're just indoctrinated into the fear culture. That's why government schooling is compulsory (http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/underground/prologue.htm). In, of course, my humble opinion.

cjm
12-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I could see how the two could go hand in hand, its a valid point:

Upon further reflection, I acknowledge your original point as well. I was focusing on what I would consider a mature adult's default outlook, but the petty, "Lord of the Flies" interactions are undoubtedly common in youths. Whether these attitudes are natural in and of themselves or a product of fear, I cannot say. I will, however, once again draw attention to schools that prolong childhood, retard maturity, and perpetuate selfish immature attitudes well into the twenties for the average American.

Danke
12-16-2012, 05:05 PM
It's already here in some cases, and a "coming soon" threat almost everywhere else.

*It's coming at bus stops.

*It's coming (or here) at your kids' school.

*It's already in place at most courthouses across the country.

*It's coming (or here) at innumerable roadside checkpoints if you do anything "suspicious."

*I expect it to be in place in most hospitals pretty soon.

After that will come supermarkets. Shopping malls. Restaurants. Then, because they don't want to be deemed "suspicious" or anti-authoritarian, you'll see churches and other houses of worship join the practice.

And yes, I'm serious. It's not a joke, and it's amazing to me - absolutely f*ckin' amazing - that no one seems to give a damn.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KCIndy again.

idiom
12-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Americans used to care.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/Spaniards_search_women_1898.jpg/637px-Spaniards_search_women_1898.jpg

Slightly before the war.