PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Baldwin arrested on charges of state income tax evasion

donnay
12-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Stephen Baldwin arrested on charges of state income tax evasion
Rockland County DA says actor owes $350,000

By Larry Mcshane (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/stephen-baldwin-arrested-tax-rap-article-1.1214935)/ NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Thursday, December 6, 2012, 3:54 PM

Brothers, can you spare a dime?

Stephen Baldwin of the famous Long Island acting clan was arrested Thursday on charges of failing to pay three years of state income tax — more than $350,000, authorities said.

The “Usual Suspects” star faces up to four years in prison if convicted on the felony charge. Baldwin, 46, of Upper Grandview, N.Y., is the sibling of acting brothers Alec, Billy and Daniel.

“At a time when Rockland County and New York State face severe fiscal shortfalls, we cannot afford to allow wealthy residents to break the law by cheating on their taxes,” said Rockland County District Attorney Thomas Zugibe.

“The defendant’s repetitive failure to file returns and pay taxes over a period of several years contributes to the sweeping cutbacks and closures in local government and in our schoolsk,” he said.

Baldwin’s total outstanding tax tab includes interest and penalties for the years 2008, 2009 and 2010. He was arrested after a probe by county and state investigators.

Baldwin was arraigned in Nyack Justice Court and released on his own recognizance pending a Feb. 5, 2013, appearance.

A call to Baldwin for comment was not returned.

lmcshane@nydailynews.com

jkr
12-07-2012, 12:14 PM
but but i thought he was holier than RON?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPuJQaIgJeg

AuH20
12-07-2012, 12:17 PM
“The defendant’s repetitive failure to file returns and pay taxes over a period of several years contributes to the sweeping cutbacks and closures in local government and in our schools,” he said.

I had to chuckle at this one. You have a much larger problem than delinquent residents. It's largely called fraud and patronage.

roho76
12-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Shithead Baldwin "I want the cops to kick in your door at 3AM and kill your dog and stick a gun in your kids face over a joint, but I ain't paying for it."