PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid: Need conversation with Bernanke before considering Audit the Fed

tsai3904
12-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says he would have to have a “real serious conversation” with Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke before he considers bringing the Federal Reserve Transparency Act to the Senate Floor.

On July 25, the House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2012 (HR 459), also commonly known as the “Audit the Fed” bill sponsored by retiring Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), in a 327-98 vote and has been received in the Senate. The Senate version of the bill, S.202, is stuck in the Senate.

On Thursday, CNSNews.com asked Reid: “This past July the House overwhelmingly passed the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. You were once strongly in favor of auditing the Federal Reserve. You said, 'There is no entity in the world that controls our lives more than the Federal Reserve System.' Do you still feel the same way about the Federal Reserve System? And will you ever bring up the Senate Version of the Audit the Fed bill to the Senate Floor?”

Reid said, “Well, some of you may remember that I said the biggest political hack in Washington was Alan Greenspan. I thought that his tenure at the Federal Reserve was very, very bad. I voted against his confirmation on more than one occasion. And so my frustration came out of my problems I had with Alan Greenspan.”

The Nevada Senator said if there’s a proposal that he’d be “happy to take a look at it.”

Video at link:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/reid-i-d-have-serious-conversation-bernanke-considering-audit-fed

BSU kid
12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
The Nevada Senator said if there’s a proposal that he’d be “happy to take a look at it.”

^Shesh it has been on his desk for months. LOOK AT IT MR. REID :rolleyes:

sailingaway
12-06-2012, 05:38 PM
:mad:

eleganz
12-06-2012, 05:48 PM
So all those calls we made mean jack squat. typical.

jkr
12-06-2012, 05:51 PM
#scumbagharry

Victor Grey
12-06-2012, 05:59 PM
He's just a damned liar.

People deserve this garbage as their representative by merit of idiocy.

Occam's Banana
12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Reid was asked a simple question. And he gave a simple answer - which had nothing whatsoever to do with the question he had been asked. So ... just who is being the hack, here?

On Thursday, CNSNews.com asked Reid: “This past July the House overwhelmingly passed the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. You were once strongly in favor of auditing the Federal Reserve. You said, 'There is no entity in the world that controls our lives more than the Federal Reserve System.' Do you still feel the same way about the Federal Reserve System? And will you ever bring up the Senate Version of the Audit the Fed bill to the Senate Floor?”

Reid said, “Well, some of you may remember that I said the biggest political hack in Washington was Alan Greenspan. I thought that his tenure at the Federal Reserve was very, very bad. I voted against his confirmation on more than one occasion. And so my frustration came out of my problems I had with Alan Greenspan.”

FrancisMarion
12-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Reid: Mr. Bernanke do you think we should analyze the Fed through an audit?
Bernanke: No.
Reid: OK, Very well then.

Detective: Mr. Suspect should we analyze your potential involvement with a crime through investigation?
Suspect: No.
Detective: OK, Very well then.

stu2002
12-06-2012, 06:51 PM
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/reid-i-d-have-serious-conversation-bernanke-considering-audit-fed