PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Fiscal Cliff is "Nonsense"; We Will See "11th Hour Compromise"

stu2002
12-06-2012, 12:29 PM
By Swagato Chakravorty
Thursday, December 6th, 2012

Congressman Ron Paul asserts that the hoopla over the ‘fiscal cliff’ is just that and nothing more.

Bob Adelmann from the New American quotes Mr. Paul:

“The hysteria surrounding the January 1 deadline for the Budget Control Act’s spending cuts and expiration of the Bush tax cuts seems all too familiar. Even the language is predictably hysterical: if government reduces planned spending increases by even a tiny amount, the economy will go over a “fiscal cliff.” This is nonsense.”

Whether or not the fraught contest is, as he calls it, “another congressionally-manufactured crisis which will likely end in yet another 11th hour compromise,” matters in D.C. are getting serious.

In a quick exchange over the past few weeks, House Speaker Boehner countered an earlier Presidential plan with one put forward by the Republicans.

http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/ron-paul-fiscal-cliff-is-nonsense/3822

stu2002
12-06-2012, 06:48 PM
I agree

Lucille
12-06-2012, 08:04 PM
“The hysteria surrounding the January 1 deadline for the Budget Control Act’s spending cuts and expiration of the Bush tax cuts seems all too familiar. Even the language is predictably hysterical: if government reduces planned spending increases by even a tiny amount, the economy will go over a “fiscal cliff.” This is nonsense.”

...“another congressionally-manufactured crisis which will likely end in yet another 11th hour compromise,”

It true. I'm sick of it. What ever happened to "No drama Obama?" It's been one frickin' drama, crisis, scandal, and appalling criminal act after another with this chick.

And like Lew said, "When the GOP had the majority, why didn't they make the tax cuts permanent?" They must like the drama too. Then they get all this attention, and everyone is talking about them. Especially the press, who clutch their pearls and fan away the vapors with their hankies.

It's a boring show, and it should be cancelled.

Todd
12-10-2012, 07:50 AM
I think the fiscal cliff is a lie anyway.

wgadget
12-10-2012, 08:42 AM
I'll be darned if I'm gonna let a haggle of corrupt politicians ruin my holidays. I'm with Ron.

stu2002
12-10-2012, 09:36 AM
I think the fiscal cliff is a lie anyway.

Elucidate please

ClydeCoulter
12-10-2012, 09:41 AM
"Soap Opera", stay tuned...

CaptUSA
12-10-2012, 09:44 AM
The media loves drama. If it weren't for wars, political cliff-hangers, economic strife, and inflated fears from boogeymen, how would they get you to tune in?

All this stuff sells papers and commericials. Their interests lie in mayhem. And mayhem you will get, dammit!

wgadget
12-10-2012, 09:46 AM
I suspect the drama is to make us all think the sky will fall IF WE WERE TO ACTUALLY CUT SPENDING, when the truth is cutting spending would speed our recovery. Because of the public alarm, they will INCREASE SPENDING, and the dumb masses will breathe an unfounded sigh of relief.