PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Obama to have a policy meeting w/ Ron Paul

Matt Collins
12-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Some former RP2012 staffers and supporters have created a petition on the White House website which would force Obama to sit down to a meeting with Ron Paul - https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/invite-ron-paul-white-house-policy-meeting/jdzNhZXx

Here is the Facebook page on it -
https://www.facebook.com/events/298751780243351/

25k signatures are needed in the next few weeks.

Can we do it?

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Oh, I want.

I'll sign.

--
edit, well, I will when they send me the verification of my new 'white house account.'

Matt Collins
12-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Can we put it on the front page?

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 08:52 PM
I posted it at DP, if people have an account they can bump it: http://www.dailypaul.com/265410/sign-this-white-house-petition-for-obama-to-meet-with-ron-paul-on-a-policy-meeting

qh4dotcom
12-05-2012, 08:55 PM
When will the wealthy finally develop the cojones to give Washington the finger and stop sending them money? Retiring is one way to legally do it. The Democrats don't shut up about raining taxes on the wealthy because the wealthy don't fight back.

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Can we put it on the front page?

yeah.

brandon
12-05-2012, 09:27 PM
lol @ forcing the president to have a meeting with someone by getting signature in an online petition.

LibertyEagle
12-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Ain't

gonna

happen.

The establishment at the top wants our country to fall and our currency to fail. It will make it all the more easy for them to convince people to go to a world currency and world government.

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 09:32 PM
lol @ forcing the president to have a meeting with someone by getting signature in an online petition.

The petition just 'asks' it doesn't force. Obama set the system up. If you get 25,000 signatures in a few days he said he will 'respond' to the petition. He might respond 'no, I don't want to meet him' but that's pretty petty. More likely than not, perhaps, but petty.

WarAnonymous
12-06-2012, 12:46 AM
1st Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Doesn't say their required to do anything but it is our right. Who care what comes of it! Excercise your rights!

Keith and stuff
12-06-2012, 01:01 AM
The petition just 'asks' it doesn't force. Obama set the system up. If you get 25,000 signatures in a few days he said he will 'respond' to the petition. He might respond 'no, I don't want to meet him' but that's pretty petty. More likely than not, perhaps, but petty.

There is a chance he will respond if the petitions get's 25,000 within a month. Obama isn't required to and I wouldn't think he would. Obama might. Either way, Matt really messed up with the title of this thread.

John F Kennedy III
12-06-2012, 01:32 AM

Lol @ da collins trying to FORCE someone to do something.

Republicanguy
12-06-2012, 06:28 AM
It would be cool if he could be made some sort of foreign policy advisor in the remaining years of the Obama years...:rolleyes:

You know like a kind of Karl Rove figure or Henry Kissenger, just without all the baggage.

opal
12-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if first we were to find out if Ron would want to take a meeting with him?
*wonders if they'd need a port-a-shower standing by to wash off the stench of corruption after*

brandon
12-06-2012, 07:39 AM

sorry, "force" was the language Collins used in the OP.

V3n
12-06-2012, 08:04 AM
I don't think these petitions (any of them) will accomplish anything. But I guess it is mildly amusing and somewhat interesting as a gauge on public opinion.

What I'd really like to see is a petition for the release of and full pardon of PFC Bradley Manning. That's one I'd put my name on.

fisharmor
12-06-2012, 08:05 AM
If he doesn't do what we want with Ron Paul, we should grab his head and rub his nose in Ron Paul.

Matt Collins
12-06-2012, 10:48 AM
There is a chance he will respond if the petitions get's 25,000 within a month. Obama isn't required to and I wouldn't think he would. Obama might. Either way, Matt really messed up with the title of this thread.Perhaps, but mods are free to change it if they wish.

muzzled dogg
12-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Complete waste of time

sailingaway
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
There is a chance he will respond if the petitions get's 25,000 within a month. Obama isn't required to and I wouldn't think he would. Obama might. Either way, Matt really messed up with the title of this thread.

well, I changed it before I put it on the front page, and now I just changed it here, as well.

sailingaway
12-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Complete waste of time

It shows we are still alive.

Lucille
12-06-2012, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't want Ron to lower himself to spending even one second with that narcissistic sociopath. Pearls before swine and all...

sailingaway
12-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd like Obama to listen to him. I don't really see it happening, but I see it sort of like an internet poll, once it is there, I just want to show support. but that is me.

ClydeCoulter
12-06-2012, 04:38 PM

I'm still alive, I signed it :D

P.S. And it didn't take too much time, and I should get some good sleep tonite since I got to EXERCISE my rights :D

liveandletlive
12-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Obama would welcome it if it was brought up to him, he is a civilized killer and willing to at least listen unlike the neocons

brandon
12-06-2012, 06:38 PM

I get the opposite opinion from it. If we're resorting to signing internet petitions we're beaten down and on life support. I wouldn't say this is a waste of time as it only takes what, like 30 seconds? But it is utterly ineffective and might give people false hope. People will rationalize "Oh I have done my political involvement for the month, I singed an internet petition! Therefore there is no reason for me to actually get involved in something else. I've already done my part!"

sailingaway
12-06-2012, 06:45 PM
I get the opposite opinion from it. If we're resorting to signing internet petitions we're beaten down and on life support. I wouldn't say this is a waste of time as it only takes what, like 30 seconds? But it is utterly ineffective and might give people false hope. People will rationalize "Oh I have done my political involvement for the month, I singed an internet petition! Therefore there is no reason for me to actually get involved in something else. I've already done my part!"

Wow, that sure doesn't describe how I think about it. Like internet polls I see it as a bonding/organizing opportunity and somewhat a finger in their eye. I expect nothing to come of it, but since it was put up there I don't like it only having a thousand signatures.

amy31416
12-07-2012, 01:07 AM
Once again, I just roll my eyes that the OP was recently "scolding" other members here for wasting their time on various projects and starts this thread the next day.

This is not just a waste of time, it's asinine on so many levels.

oyarde
12-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Seriously, I would not want the Good Dr to waste a moment of his life in such an endeavor.Obama, is evil and fulll retard Alinsky , and not capable of learning.

anaconda
12-07-2012, 11:30 PM
I don't understand the motivation. It would accomplish nothing. At least, nothing that I can see. Obama talks to a whole House of Representatives frequently and even nothing gets done. And they're not even conservative...

Bman
12-07-2012, 11:43 PM
I refuse to waste the good Doctors time on this one.

heavenlyboy34
12-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Ain't

gonna

happen.

The establishment at the top wants our country to fall and our currency to fail. It will make it all the more easy for them to convince people to go to a world currency and world government.
This^^ TPTB don't give a flying fuck about y'all's or my opinion anyway.

jmdrake
12-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Once again, I just roll my eyes that the OP was recently "scolding" other members here for wasting their time on various projects and starts this thread the next day.

This is not just a waste of time, it's asinine on so many levels.

Ya....maybe. But if we can't come up with 25K signatures something's seriously wrong. :( And the thought did go through my head that this might "put me on a list"...but as someone who donated to RP's presidential bid both times I'm already on that list. :p

cdc482
12-22-2012, 03:42 PM
For real...not even 3,000 signatures. Come on guys?

ClydeCoulter
12-22-2012, 04:10 PM
For real...not even 3,000 signatures. Come on guys?

What?

oh, too many "ain't gonna happen", "waste of time", etc... But, it's just like any votes for Ron, he won't get any if people don't do it.

ClydeCoulter
12-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Okay, so we can bitch about them not listening to us...maybe we have to talk? Here's an oportunity. "Yea, they didn't last long, scattered and split, figured that would happen"~establishement

cdc482
12-24-2012, 12:33 AM
come on guys! 5 days to go!

Neil Desmond
12-24-2012, 01:09 AM
I refuse to waste the good Doctors time on this one.
Let Ron Paul decide whether or not he wants to turn down such an invitation. In the mean time, there's still a long ways to go in a short amount of time at this point to get the necessary number of signatures, so Ron Paul can be given such an option. If you support Ron Paul, then I don't get why you won't sign this petition - because signing it is supportive of Ron Paul, and not signing it isn't supportive of him.

freejack
12-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Luke Skywalker vs. Emperor Palpatine? Yeah I'd pay to see that.

ClydeCoulter
12-24-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm not going to get a chance to sit with the president and discuss issues, and I'm probably not the best (or even an unobvious) choice to do so.

But Ron Paul could and should and is, but that's up to himself and the president.

Let us let it be known that we want a representative to address the executive for redress and for the future. And that representative is Ron Paul.

sailingaway
12-24-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm not going to get a chance to sit with the president and discuss issues, and I'm probably not the best (or even an unobvious) choice to do so.

But Ron Paul could and should and is, but that's up to himself and the president.

Let us let it be known that we want a representative to address the executive for redress and for the future. And that representative is Ron Paul.

I signed it.

Obama only addresses those he wants to, regardless of how many signatures there are, but I did want to show support. He SHOULD sit down with Ron, he stole pieces of his ideas often enough -- at least as far as mouthing the words before the camera.