PDA

View Full Version : Call John Boehner's Office!

itshappening
12-05-2012, 08:15 AM
ACTION ALERT: Erick Erickson from RedState.com tweeted the following:

-
Erick Erickson @EWErickson

Tomorrow we should all call John Boehner's office to remind him to call Congressman Amash.
-

Office of the Speaker
H-232 The Capitol
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-0600
Fax: (202) 225-5117

Call his office today and register your objection to the conservative "purge" of Rep's Justin Amash and Tim Huelskamp

Report back what they tell you...

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 08:52 AM
We've been doing this, from before Erickson weighed in. I'm not sure posting someone who has said very nasty things about Ron and banned his supporters from Redstate in 2008 as the source for this activity is going to move people here to act.

I agree we need to call Boehner and don't forget Paul Ryan and Hensarling, the two liberal chairs who went along with this.

On twitter people are still using the #purgeBoehner hash tag. I think it is a good time to also drive home Paul Ryan's part in this since 'leadership' seems to be trying to set him, Ayotte and Rubio up as 'rising stars', nevermind that their control over committee appointments determines the 'rising' part.

itshappening
12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Sailing, I know Erickson is an ass but this will open up people's eyes that GOP 'leaders' are selling them out.

I could care less about Erickson, he is merely a means to an end...

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Sailing, I know Erickson is an ass but this will open up people's eyes that GOP 'leaders' are selling them out.

I could care less about Erickson, he is merely a means to an end...

I agree we should keep calling his office, YAL and Freedomworks went to his Ohio office yesterday, it was just the appeal to authority in the form of Erickson that nonplussed me.

itshappening
12-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Erickson and the sheep he leads are waking up and then we present Rand Paul as the anti-establishment candidate.

We can play them like a fiddle. Like it or not but Erickson has a lot of readers that are ripe for the picking..

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 09:32 AM
I think we in off years in particular bond well with other conservatives. They just have the idea we should be able to like ONE of their tool candidates, since they have so many (rarely sincere), and we felt they should see that the only candidate we cared most about was head and shoulders above the rest. We'll work together well in 2014, as we did in 2010. I think we'll be on the same side supporting Tom Davis, for example.

itshappening
12-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Yes Sailing, it then becomes increasingly clear - and obvious - that Rand Paul is their only choice in 2016 :)

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Yes Sailing, it then becomes increasingly clear - and obvious - that Rand Paul is their only choice in 2016 :)

Rand isn't on my horizon the way he is on yours, I'm focusing on 2014 and 2013 at the moment.

JK/SEA
12-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Rand isn't on my horizon the way he is on yours, I'm focusing on 2014 and 2013 at the moment.

word.

itshappening
12-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Call Boehner and protest the purge!

phill4paul
12-05-2012, 11:40 AM
15 mins on hold. Directed to voice mail box...

"Hello I am a registered republican in the great state of North Carolina.

I am calling to register my disapproval with the House Budget and Financial Services steering committee and it's decision to remove Justin Amash, Tim Huelskamp, David Schweikert and North Carolina's own Walter Jones.
I would like to remind Mr. Boehner that the Republican party is THE party of fiscal conservatism. Purges such as this do not go un-noticed and there will be political consequences for those that do not stand by this principle."

itshappening
12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Great call...

I suspect his phone line will be busy today!

phill4paul
12-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Great call...

I suspect his phone line will be busy today!

"We are experiencing heavy call traffic...." ;)

JK/SEA
12-05-2012, 01:12 PM
"We are experiencing heavy call traffic...." ;)

lol...got my daily dose of patriotic music today. Finally just left a message after holding for 20 minutes....

gave the message....with a warning that the ones who gave him the majority in the House are now mobilizing via internet over removing these Patriots from their seats. We are watching.

phill4paul
12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
lol...got my daily dose of patriotic music today. Finally just left a message after holding for 20 minutes....

gave the message....with a warning that the ones who gave him the majority in the House are now mobilizing via internet over removing these Patriots from their seats. We are watching.

"When Johnny comes marching home again..." Lol. +rep!

JK/SEA
12-05-2012, 01:20 PM
"When Johnny comes marching home again..." Lol. +rep!

yeah...made the best of it and started singing along with my own words...''when johnny starts the bs again hurrah hurrah....etc''

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Is there anyone else we can realistically get a coalition behind for speaker by January?

acptulsa
12-05-2012, 01:39 PM
People! Don't bother with Boehner. He's deaf in one ear and can't hear with the other. Both his ears are stopped up with money.

The new Congress will be sworn in in January, and they'll elect their Speaker. If you want someone besides this jackass picking representatives for committee assignments, call your own representative or representative-elect (if they're Republican). They will listen to their own constituents, and they can get Boehner out of the Speaker's chair faster than we could possibly primary him.

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 02:08 PM
People! Don't bother with Boehner. He's deaf in one ear and can't hear with the other. Both his ears are stopped up with money.

The new Congress will be sworn in in January, and they'll elect their Speaker. If you want someone besides this jackass picking representatives for committee assignments, call your own representative or representative-elect (if they're Republican). They will listen to their own constituents, and they can get Boehner out of the Speaker's chair faster than we could possibly primary him.

If there is someone we might be able to get a coalition behind, we definitely should.

However, I ALSO think we need to continue to turn the heat up on Boehner, paul ryan and hensarling.

acptulsa
12-05-2012, 02:11 PM
If there is someone we might be able to get a coalition behind, we definitely should.

Oh, there is one guy. Unfortunately, he's retiring.

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 02:15 PM

sigh.

itshappening
12-05-2012, 03:23 PM

However, I ALSO think we need to continue to turn the heat up on Boehner, paul ryan and hensarling.

Boehner is the one who controls the Republican Steering Committee that makes the appointments. Reports are that Hensarling didn't want these members off the Financial Services Committee.

It's Boehner and his henchmen Eric Cantor and Kevin McCarthy that are responsible for the purge...

As for the alternative for speaker. It's a poisoned chalice but redstate are suggesting Rep. Jim Jordan who used to chair the Republican Study Committee. Also I'm sure there would be other contenders but they will only surface if Boehner resigns/withdraws from seeking the Speakership.

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Boehner is the one who controls the Republican Steering Committee that makes the appointments. Reports are that Hensarling didn't want these members off the Financial Services Committee.

It's Boehner and his henchmen Eric Cantor and Kevin McCarthy that are responsible for the purge...

As for the alternative for speaker. It's a poisoned chalice but redstate are suggesting Rep. Jim Jordan who used to chair the Republican Study Committee. Also I'm sure there would be other contenders but they will only surface if Boehner resigns/withdraws from seeking the Speakership.

the NYTimes suggested the chairs would have either asked for the removal or would have gone along with it. If Hensarling was pressured, that still leaves Paul Ryan.

itshappening
12-05-2012, 04:03 PM
the NYTimes suggested the chairs would have either asked for the removal or would have gone along with it. If Hensarling was pressured, that still leaves Paul Ryan.

They have nothing to do with it, they're lackey's who will just go along with what leadership does. They wouldn't ask for someone to be removed or have that power, it's Boehner, Cantor and McCarthy who make the decisions. McCarthy I think is the whip and I believe he is the one behind the purge supported by the other leaders. The decision would be up to Boehner ultimately.

GunnyFreedom
12-05-2012, 04:15 PM

sigh.

There is a pretty unusual quirk concerning the Jefferson's Manual of rules whereby the US House of Representatives operates. The House Speaker need not be a sitting elected member of the House. He or she can be just some ordinary citizen that the House picks out of the phone book and votes for. ;)

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
There is a pretty unusual quirk concerning the Jefferson's Manual of rules whereby the US House of Representatives operates. The House Speaker need not be a sitting elected member of the House. He or she can be just some ordinary citizen that the House picks out of the phone book and votes for. ;)

oh no!!!!

LOL!

I'm so all for that, but could we get the votes? There's the rub.

Ron Paul for speaker...... boy oh boy would I like that....

GunnyFreedom
12-05-2012, 04:27 PM
oh no!!!!

LOL!

I'm so all for that, but could we get the votes? There's the rub.

Ron Paul for speaker...... boy oh boy would I like that....

Probably not, but there would be a chance at getting some crossover votes from the Dems ;)

That would make history...

jkr
12-05-2012, 04:28 PM
just made my call.

i live in his district and am EMBARRASSED of his misrepresentation of my neighbors, my state, and my country.
his cheating and arrogance has gone on long enough!
he must be recalled!
he must be challenged!
how can i inform EVERYONE in district 8 what a sellout, devious, cheating, fake american he is?
he acts like a democrat
he is an embarrassment to the gOp
HE MUST GO NOW

so what do i do?
run against him?
send out thousands of letters?
hold rallies on my property?
WHAT?
I WANT HIM GONE!

" we'll be watching their votes and others"
yo got it backwards drunk boy
WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING YOU!
the people elect you to represent THEM and you have crossed us for the last time!

and you, frankly, SUCK

mz10
12-05-2012, 04:30 PM
so what do i do?
run against him?

Yes yes yes. Or find someone else to. You will have my full support.

jbauer
12-05-2012, 04:38 PM

Now if only that hot tub time machine worked!!!

freejack
12-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Don't bother trying to influence him. The guy doesn't care if he gets re-elected at this point. He's been bought off and will live out his retirement with these funds.

mport1
12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Lol, why waste your time?

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 09:56 PM

because...it annoys the pig?

Because he didn't think he'd get the level of backlash he is going to get.

JK/SEA
12-05-2012, 10:04 PM

guess it was a waste of time giving Ron hundreds, and getting inside my local party, and becoming a State Delegate ...

yeah, its much easier to take the blue pill and go back to sleep...

twomp
12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
just made my call.

i live in his district and am EMBARRASSED of his misrepresentation of my neighbors, my state, and my country.
his cheating and arrogance has gone on long enough!
he must be recalled!
he must be challenged!
how can i inform EVERYONE in district 8 what a sellout, devious, cheating, fake american he is?
he acts like a democrat
he is an embarrassment to the gOp
HE MUST GO NOW

so what do i do?
run against him?
send out thousands of letters?
hold rallies on my property?
WHAT?
I WANT HIM GONE!

" we'll be watching their votes and others"
yo got it backwards drunk boy
WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING YOU!
the people elect you to represent THEM and you have crossed us for the last time!

and you, frankly, SUCK

You have my support if you run too! Seriously talk to your neighbors and your friends, go to local committee meetings. You won't know how big of a ripple you can make until you toss that stone.

Please keep us updated if you decide to do it or if you hear any rumblings from your district. I'm sure there are quite a few here who would be interested in getting rid of Boner.

mport1
12-05-2012, 10:29 PM
guess it was a waste of time giving Ron hundreds, and getting inside my local party, and becoming a State Delegate ...

yeah, its much easier to take the blue pill and go back to sleep...

Personally I'd say no to the first and probably to the rest.