PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Marco Rubio Calls for "Predictable Monetary Policy"

stu2002
12-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Sound monetary policy would also encourage middle class job creation. The arbitrary way in which interest rates and our currency are treated is yet another cause of unpredictability injected into our economy. The Federal Reserve Board should publish and follow a clear monetary rule to provide greater stability about prices and what the value of a dollar will be over time.

http://www.humanevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/marco_rubio_iowa_ap_636-620x243.gif

Getting control of the debt, reforming taxes and regulations, growing our energy industry, and predictable monetary policy are five concrete things the government can do to help our economy create new middle class jobs. But if the higher wages people make at these jobs is offset by an increase in the cost of living, we are just running in place.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/12/04/full-text-of-sen-marco-rubios-remarks-at-jack-kemp-leadership-dinner/

ronpaulfollower999
12-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Provide greater price stability? Sounds like a code word for price controls.

CaptUSA
12-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Two points to take away from this.

1. We are winning the conversation. They are beginning to understand that they have to address our issues.
2. They will try to co-opt and pervert our issues to fit their own agenda. The Rubio handlers are still trying to kill the real Tea Party.

Bruehound
12-05-2012, 09:13 AM
He is willfully ignorant of the fact that the only thing "predictable" about central banking is its collapse.

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
"predictable"?

fail.

stu2002
12-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Provide greater price stability? Sounds like a code word for price controls.

Good point

Matt Collins
12-05-2012, 11:18 AM
"predictable"?

fail.Exactly. Our money is already predictable, it's GOING DOWNWARD!

Brian4Liberty
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Sound monetary policy would also encourage middle class job creation. The arbitrary way in which interest rates and our currency are treated is yet another cause of unpredictability injected into our economy. The Federal Reserve Board should publish and follow a clear monetary rule to provide greater stability about prices and what the value of a dollar will be over time.

In other words, the phony conservative Rubio is just restating the current Federal Reserve dual mandate. He does not want any change.

Rubio is noticeably absent every time that real action is taking place (by Senators like Rand Paul, Mike Lee and Jim DeMint).

Rubio is more and more like Obama every day. He goes out and gives a speech with the best talking points that money can buy (via Frank Luntz-style polling), and then does nothing. He is a salesman. An empty suit.

compromise
12-05-2012, 11:36 AM
So Rubio doesn't have any actual suggestions? He isn't introducing or cosponsoring any sound money bills?
Until he actually does anything it's all empty words.

tttppp
12-05-2012, 02:28 PM

http://www.humanevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/marco_rubio_iowa_ap_636-620x243.gif

Getting control of the debt, reforming taxes and regulations, growing our energy industry, and predictable monetary policy are five concrete things the government can do to help our economy create new middle class jobs. But if the higher wages people make at these jobs is offset by an increase in the cost of living, we are just running in place.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/12/04/full-text-of-sen-marco-rubios-remarks-at-jack-kemp-leadership-dinner/
That's a nice start if he is serious.

CaptUSA
12-05-2012, 02:35 PM
That's a nice start if he is serious.He says whatever his handlers tell him to say. It has nothing to do with seriousness. He's just positioning. Like I said in my earlier post, though, it does mean something that he's positioning in this manner.

SpreadOfLiberty
12-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Provide greater price stability? Sounds like a code word for price controls.No, its actually a monetarist position, which is far better than the Keynesian alternative but still not great.

I will say that predictability is better than unpredictability if given the choice.

Tod
12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Exactly. Our money is already predictable, it's GOING DOWNWARD!

Exactly what I was thinking. It IS predictable. That doesn't make our monetary policy good, however.

paulbot24
12-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Bankruptcy is usually predictable.

kahless
12-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Two points to take away from this.

1. We are winning the conversation. They are beginning to understand that they have to address our issues.
2. They will try to co-opt and pervert our issues to fit their own agenda. The Rubio handlers are still trying to kill the real Tea Party.

He says whatever his handlers tell him to say. It has nothing to do with seriousness. He's just positioning. Like I said in my earlier post, though, it does mean something that he's positioning in this manner.

^This is pretty much what I think whenever I hear anything about Rubio. It is going to be an up hill battle to expose this and promote one of our own.

tttppp
12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
He says whatever his handlers tell him to say. It has nothing to do with seriousness. He's just positioning. Like I said in my earlier post, though, it does mean something that he's positioning in this manner.

My fear is that its all talk and our problems will eventually be blamed on sound monetary policy.

nobody's_hero
12-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I can't think of anything more predictable than the Federal Reserve announcing it was going to bail out AIG, seeing 'investors' go out and 'invest' in AIG, and then netting a profit based not on market analysis, but rather based on who Bernanke pointed his finger at. If only the lottery were this predictable.

supermario21
12-05-2012, 09:49 PM
We need to make sure all these faux-conservatives get called out when Rand questions their sincerity. We have to take ownership of these positions and not let the fakes steal them from us.