PDA

View Full Version : Ryan, Rubio lay out vision for future of GOP

Tod
12-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Anyone else thinking these two are the "chosen" ones for 2016? :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57557179/ryan-rubio-lay-out-vision-for-future-of-gop/

Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio - two men at the center of the discussion of potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates - tonight laid out their vision for the party's future in remarks seemingly designed to move the party away from Mitt Romney's controversial "47 percent" remarks during the presidential campaign.
After stressing that he was "proud of the campaign Mitt Romney and I ran," Ryan, the 2012 Republican VP nominee delivering his first speech since he and Romney lost on election night, focused on the importance of giving Americans the opportunity to "escape from poverty" and move up the socioeconomic ladder.
"When 40 percent of all children born into the lowest income quintile never rise above it, what does it say about our country?" the chairman of the House Budget Committee asked at the Kemp Foundation Leadership Award Dinner at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. He argued that schools, families and communities are not doing a good enough job in providing a path out of poverty and that the economy "is failing to provide basic security, much less rising wages........"

Sola_Fide
12-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Haha... count me out of that future.

July
12-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Anyone else thinking these two are the "chosen" ones for 2016? :rolleyes:

Well, Bill Kristol likes them both a lot, so we'll probably hear him mention them a lot in the years to come.

supermario21
12-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I wonder which of the 3 Bill Kristol likes the most? A Rubio/Ryan ticket? War in Iran and Syria? Or tax increases on everyone?

sailingaway
12-04-2012, 10:09 PM
We have to call out the Liberal Budget Chair Paul Ryan for apparently agreeing to take the conservatives off that committee. Henserling ditto for Finance.

Their part in this purge needs to be household knowledge for conservative grass roots.

pochy1776
12-04-2012, 11:36 PM
I hate you media, now we cant get the Rand Paul plan in.