PDA

View Full Version : Defend Liberty: Draft Judge Andrew Napolitano for President in 2016

gpickett00
12-04-2012, 10:03 AM
What do you guys think between him and Rand? Which would have a better shot? Which would be a better president?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencehunter/2012/12/04/defend-liberty-draft-judge-napolitano-for-president-in-2016/

supermario21
12-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd support him as VP. I don't think Judge Nap wants the grind of presidential politics.

itshappening
12-04-2012, 10:18 AM
The Judge aint running for anything... Rand is the one running.

jcannon98188
12-04-2012, 10:33 AM
I'd support Judge over Rand. Judge is much more in line with my personal beliefs then Rand is (not that Rand is THAT far off). But it would be weird calling him President Napolitano, and not "Judge"

fisharmor
12-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I am quite a bit disappointed that there's no link to actually do something to draft him. When a petition shows up, I'm going to get my name on there, as well as my wife's, my younger brother's, his wife's, my older brother's, his wife's, his stepson's, my brother-in-law's, his wife's, my other brother-in-law's, 5 or 6 extended relations, half a dozen facebook friends, a handful of people at work, and anyone else I can think of in the time intervening.

I ain't goin' to that extent for Rand.

Keith and stuff
12-04-2012, 11:01 AM
If Rand Paul doesn't run, why not. The Judge could like get a few % of the vote in several primaries. The Judge is a good communicator so he would also make a good LP Presidential candidate.

ican'tvote
12-04-2012, 11:56 AM
If he runs it will probably be as a Libertarian.

Eric21ND
12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
The Judge has said man times he enjoys his role in front of the camera, spreading liberty that way. He left a life-tenured judgeship to go work in the media...think about it guys.

NIU Students for Liberty
12-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I can't picture him running but it would be nice to actually see a legitimate libertarian running in the LP.

John F Kennedy III
12-04-2012, 12:28 PM
He either fights through the Republican primary or doesn't. 3rd party is irrelevant.

If you don't want to work within the Dempublican party in national politics, focus on getting liberty candidates elected locally. That is the best thing you can do to help our movement.

FSP-Rebel
12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
He either fights through the Republican primary or doesn't. 3rd party is irrelevant.

If you don't want to work within the Dempublican party in national politics, focus on getting liberty candidates elected locally. That is the best thing you can do to help our movement.
/thread cap

compromise
12-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Rand has an interest in running and Napolitano doesn't seem to. It makes sense to go with Rand. I have no doubt that Rand, if he becomes president, will appoint Napolitano to the Supreme Court of the United States.

tangent4ronpaul
12-04-2012, 02:18 PM
The best line from the entire article was:

Don’t forget V.I. Lenin’s dictum, “The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.”

It really belongs under a pic of O-Bomb-US on T-Shirts everywhere!

-t

Sayzak
12-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I'd much rather have the Judge, than Rand, running. Rand is too cozy with the conservative establishment so I don't trust him. In order to support him I would have to plug my nose and cross my fingers that he's a dark knight, doing what he thinks is necessary despite the fallout he gets from people like myself. But after voting for the lesser of two evils all my life I'm not willing to take that chance.

Why would someone vote this thread one star? It's a great thread, with a great idea. Does someone here strongly dislike the judge?

Brett85
12-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Completely ridiculous idea. The Judge is not a Republican, not a politician, and does not have positions that would resonate with Republican primary voters. (Calling for completely open borders, for example.)

jcannon98188
12-04-2012, 10:45 PM
I'd much rather have the Judge, than Rand, running. Rand is too cozy with the conservative establishment so I don't trust him. In order to support him I would have to plug my nose and cross my fingers that he's a dark knight, doing what he thinks is necessary despite the fallout he gets from people like myself. But after voting for the lesser of two evils all my life I'm not willing to take that chance.

Why would someone vote this thread one star? It's a great thread, with a great idea. Does someone here strongly dislike the judge?

It's because the Rand or GTFO crowd is out and about.

mz10
12-04-2012, 11:32 PM
It's because the Rand or GTFO crowd is out and about.

Forgive us for not wanting the vote split 20 different ways

sailingaway
12-04-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm focused on 2013 and 2014 right now, personally.

Smart3
12-04-2012, 11:46 PM
We should focus on 2013-2014.

Rand won't run if the narrative in 2015 is a landslide for Hillary/Castro. One thing he does share with his father: intelligence.

btw, an unmarried possibly gay New Jersey Judge, who has no political experience is not the next Republican nominee, just ask Fred Karger or Buddy Roemer.

fr33
12-04-2012, 11:50 PM
I've never seen any evidence that the judge wants to run for office.

Pisces
12-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I've never seen any evidence that the judge wants to run for office.

Or that he is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

trey4sports
12-04-2012, 11:59 PM
The Judge aint running for anything... Rand is the one running.

this.

Sentinelrv
12-05-2012, 12:33 AM
an unmarried possibly gay New Jersey Judge...

I didn't realize he wasn't married until you posted this. I had no idea.

Smart3
12-05-2012, 06:31 AM
I didn't realize he wasn't married until you posted this. I had no idea.
Seems to be the case for most Napolitano supporters. Granted, I don't think his closet homosexuality or asexuality will cause any problems among his supporters, but it would be a problem for any Republican running for President.

Or that he is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)
Well, if you're his age, and unmarried, we have to conclude you're either gay or asexual. He hasn't dated any women recently either. I'm an asexual, so I would be happy if he stated he was one.

Dick Chaney
12-05-2012, 07:12 AM
I can't picture him running but it would be nice to actually see a legitimate libertarian running in the LP.

Rand Paul is not a Libertarian.

jcannon98188
12-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Forgive us for not wanting the vote split 20 different ways

Don't split the vote? Support our nominee?

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is official! We are being coopted by the GOP. This is the same bullshit rhetoric that the GOP tried to use to get people behind Romney. If your candidate cannot draw people to him on his own merit, then he should not be the candidate. No one should be forced to vote for someone they don't want, in order to "not split the vote".

dinosaur
12-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Don't split the vote? Support our nominee?

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is official! We are being coopted by the GOP. This is the same bullshit rhetoric that the GOP tried to use to get people behind Romney. If your candidate cannot draw people to him on his own merit, then he should not be the candidate. No one should be forced to vote for someone they don't want, in order to "not split the vote".

Actually, they would rather you voted for Rubio. The corrupted within the GOP will never ask you to vote for Rand. Your rhetoric sounds rather like the 'terrorist under my bed rhetoric'....the GOP is everywhere, now they are forcing us to vote for Rand! LOL

NIU Students for Liberty
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Rand Paul is not a Libertarian.

Did I say he was? I was referring to the Libertarian Party and their lack of libertarian (emphasis on small l) presidential candidates.

jcannon98188
12-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Actually, they would rather you voted for Rubio. The corrupted within the GOP will never ask you to vote for Rand. Your rhetoric sounds rather like the 'terrorist under my bed rhetoric'....the GOP is everywhere, now they are forcing us to vote for Rand! LOL

The coopt bit was said with tounge in cheek. I was pointing out how retarded it was that he tried using the "fall in line" rhetoric that the GOP tried to use with Romney.

sailingaway
12-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Seems to be the case for most Napolitano supporters. Granted, I don't think his closet homosexuality or asexuality will cause any problems among his supporters, but it would be a problem for any Republican running for President.

Well, if you're his age, and unmarried, we have to conclude you're either gay or asexual. He hasn't dated any women recently either. I'm an asexual, so I would be happy if he stated he was one.

I really don't think we should be spreading wild guesses based on nothing more than his not being married and possibly actually being discrete.

Neil Desmond
12-05-2012, 12:59 PM
To me it doesn't make that much difference who the "libertarian" or defender of liberty candidate is (I'll likely support whoever that ends up being, regardless of whether they run as a Democrat or Republican) so much as who I don't want to become president. I welcome all defenders of liberty to step forward and volunteer to run for president & if one of them becomes president I'll be happy; and to all others (i.e., those not interested in defending liberty), I'd say to them: please just go home.

compromise
12-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Well, if you're his age, and unmarried, we have to conclude you're either gay or asexual. He hasn't dated any women recently either.

Maybe he just doesn't have the time (he's a very busy man). Maybe he hasn't received any interest from women. There are a LOT of reasons why someone might be his age and unmarried. Heck, I know a lot of people around his age that definitely aren't gay that are unmarried and don't date. Also, how do you know he's not dating? You don't stalk him 24/7.

Why do you cultural liberals always have to make up these stupid stories? Not everyone is as immoral as yourselves.

Smart3
12-06-2012, 01:45 AM
Why do you cultural liberals always have to make up these stupid stories? Not everyone is as immoral as yourselves.
"Cultural Liberals"

I'm not sure what that means.

"Not everyone is as immoral as yourselves"
Again, I'm not sure what the hell you're referring to. Speculation on whether or not someone is gay or asexual has nothing to do with "cultural liberalism".

MikeStanart
12-06-2012, 03:44 AM
Why is REVPAC pushing for the Judge when CLEARLY Rand is running?

Revpac. Yeah, same revpac: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/04/ron-paul-super-pac-spent-most-of-its-money-on-non-campaign-activities/

opal
12-06-2012, 07:25 AM
In answer to the OP.. drafting someone.. meh - now if he WANTS to run, that's a whole nuther ball of wax. I think, because of his age and demenor, he would do better than Rand here in God's waiting room (Florida)

jcannon98188
12-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Why is REVPAC pushing for the Judge when CLEARLY Rand is running?

Revpac. Yeah, same revpac: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/04/ron-paul-super-pac-spent-most-of-its-money-on-non-campaign-activities/

Because not everyone is sold on Rand. Competition is good. Rand is not entitled to be the nominee, nor is it his birthright or anything. If he was anyone but a Paul, no one would be making this rediculous argument. More people running is perfectly fine.

cajuncocoa
12-06-2012, 10:52 AM
What do you guys think between him and Rand? Which would have a better shot? Which would be a better president?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencehunter/2012/12/04/defend-liberty-draft-judge-napolitano-for-president-in-2016/I would support the Judge wholeheartedly....with the same fervor I had for supporting Ron Paul.

Jordan Liberty
12-07-2012, 07:56 PM
I really like the Judge. I think mainstream Republicans would like him more than Rand. He panders to the mainstream by appearing on Fox News and creates nice small talk with the pundits, then comes down with the hammer of truth with how government is failing the people and the Constitution. The Judge will do well in any position, but I think it would be best if Rand ran for President while the Judge is best suited for a Supreme Court seat or the Attorney General.

KevinR
12-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't gay bash on The Judge! He's amazing! I'd support him long before Rand...

Carlybee
12-08-2012, 10:06 AM
I highly doubt he has an interest in being expected to acquiesce to the Republican Party..unlike some he strikes me as someone who stands on principle.

NOVALibertarian
12-08-2012, 11:31 AM
I love Napolitano, but he wouldn't have a shot in hell at beating people like Rubio or Ryan. He's better off doing what he is doing right now, which is spreading the message of liberty through his position on Fox News. Rand actually has a shot at beating Rubio or Ryan if he starts off with momentum by winning states like Iowa and New Hampshire. He would also have a shot in the general election as well, I don't think the establishment would fight him (as much) as they did Ron.

unknown
12-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Need some kind of power house Libertarian ticket IMO.

Napolitano, Johnson, Ventura, Paul deal.