PDA

View Full Version : George Zimmerman's bloody, swollen nose on the night he shot Trayvon

aGameOfThrones
12-03-2012, 08:56 PM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/GZwJXeSX.YmF_Mlf3yKcXA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00NTA7cT03OTt3PTMzNg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-12-03T200804Z_1_CBRE8B21JXK00_RTROPTP_2_USA-FLORIDA-SHOOTING.JPG

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - A color photograph of George Zimmerman with a bloody, swollen nose taken on the night he shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin last February was posted on the Internet on Monday by Zimmerman's legal defense team.

As the photo began to be circulated widely by the news media, lawyers on both sides disagreed about its significance to the second-degree murder case against Zimmerman.

"It's not a game changer," Zimmerman lawyer Mark O'Mara told Reuters. But O'Mara said the photo was significant in that it shows vividly the injuries Zimmerman incurred during his confrontation with Martin at a condominium in the central Florida town on Sanford.

On February 26, Zimmerman, who was a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot and killed 17-year-old Martin who was walking to the home in Sanford where he was staying with his father.

Zimmerman's murder trial is set for June 2013.

Zimmerman claims he shot Martin in self defense during a struggle.

"Does it really show what happened that night to George? Yes," O'Mara said.

Attorney Ben Crump, who represents Martin's family, however said the photo adds nothing new to the case. Previously released evidence has indicated Zimmerman was hit in the nose during the fight with Martin.

"Trayvon Martin was defending himself. He had every right to stand his ground to defend himself," Crump said.

http://news.yahoo.com/bloody-photo-trayvon-martins-killer-released-200804168.html

TheGrinch
12-03-2012, 09:30 PM
I still think it all comes down to who confronted and escalated who. The rest of this is just politicizing and sensationalizing it.

angelatc
12-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Wow. I can't believe the media forgot to show us that picture.

/snark

Zippyjuan
12-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't think there is any question that a confrontation occured. Zimmerman was the one who had a gun. Zimmerman was the one who ran after Trayvon as he was walking away (as was heard on his 911 calls) even after the police asked him not to.

Odin
12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
I think this one is almost impossible to judge. None of us were there that night, but it is plausible that Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman, and the reverse is plausible. What pisses me off is people who are taking sides about it. Probably the ones who piss me off most are the leftist, sociologist college student types who side with Trayvon Martin and call him "Trayvon" even though they know absolutely nothing at all about who he was or what happened that night. God there are some stupid fucking people in this country. Not meaning to go into a rant here, but the fact that people like Sandra Fluke exist and get to vote really pisses me off.

Brian4Liberty
12-03-2012, 11:37 PM
I think this one is almost impossible to judge. None of us were there that night, but it is plausible that Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman, and the reverse is plausible. What pisses me off is people who are taking sides about it. Probably the ones who piss me off most are the leftist, sociologist college student types who side with Trayvon Martin and call him "Trayvon" even though they know absolutely nothing at all about who he was or what happened that night. God there are some stupid fucking people in this country. Not meaning to go into a rant here, but the fact that people like Sandra Fluke exist and get to vote really pisses me off.

Zimmerman was the one who ran after Trayvon as he was walking away (as was heard on his 911 calls) even after the police asked him not to.

:toady:

Anti Federalist
12-03-2012, 11:39 PM
I still think it all comes down to who confronted and escalated who. The rest of this is just politicizing and sensationalizing it.

Second post wins the thread.