PDA

View Full Version : Propaganda: Syria prepping chemical weapons

itshappening
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Well it worked for the Iraq invasion didn't it? Notice that the New York Times has been enlisted in this latest propaganda effort.

-

Engineers working for the Assad regime in Syria have begun combining the two chemical precursors needed to weaponize sarin gas, an American official with knowledge of the situation tells Danger Room. International observers are now more worried than they’ve even been that the Damascus government could use its nerve agent stockpile to slaughter its own people.

The U.S. doesn’t know why the Syrian military made the move, which began in the middle of last week and is taking place in central Syria. Nor are they sure why the Assad government is transferring some weapons to different locations within the country, as the New York Times reported on Monday.

All that’s certain is that the arms have now been prepped to be used, should Assad order it.

“Physically, they’ve gotten to the point where the can load it up on a plane and drop it,” the official adds.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/12/syria-chemical-weapons-3/?ww

kcchiefs6465
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Engineers working for the Assad regime in Syria have begun combining the two chemical precursors needed to weaponize sarin gas, an American official with knowledge of the situation tells Danger Room.
That is one of the most epic pieces of propaganda I've ever read. The bolded part is particularly hilarious.

presence
12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Engineers working for the Assad regime in Syria have begun combining the two chemical precursors needed to weaponize sarin gas

youtube or it didn't happen

Brian4Liberty
12-03-2012, 05:01 PM
This is today's fire drill.

alucard13mmfmj
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
war drums!!! where is mccain?

juleswin
12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
war drums!!! where is mccain?

Look again, there is a news conference some where with McCain, Lindsey Graham and Joe Liberman talking about the latest US adventure. Sometimes, Liberman is replaced with Susan Collins but the topic is always the same- war

Victor Grey
12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
This perplexes me.

Picture this.

Tell me, if people are going to invade, say that's you, why would I, as a dictator and his supporting regime, not use chemical weapons to kill absolutely every last one of you invaders I could?

I want to understand the logic here.

You're going to attack, that's established. I'm not going to stop fighting to maintain my regime, or keep oil rights or, whatever I'm doing that causing that.

If I don't use my weapons, I'm hung. I'm dead. That is almost a guarantee.
I'm caught in a convoy and bombed, put on trial, whatever it is I'm a goner.

If I do use those weapons, I'm still probably dead.

However if I do kill enough of you people, and I bust some snout in that,
maybe it'd scare the urine straight out of you guys and you'll withdraw. Go full on slice em up nuts, all up in it.

Yes, your nation would squall on the msm about what a total pile of garbage I am (I am a dictator after all) but hey, there is the chance I come out alive, and I'm still in power.

Really what're you going to do, threaten to invade or bomb me? What else you got? Nukes? Alright. Let's scare the squirt out of the whole planet over little old me.

Could you try and pull some b.s. attempt to persuade me I'm going to live in a mansion compound for another decade, before I get hung? (not likely)

Nah. I want to go out in a bang if that's the way we all want to be.

~~~

Thought experiment over, what's wrong with that line of thinking?
Why wouldn't a syrian dictatorship have their wmd's nearby and ready?

itshappening
12-03-2012, 06:03 PM
This is today's fire drill.

THEY WILL KILL US ALL !!

ClydeCoulter
12-03-2012, 06:09 PM
"mushroom clouds, weapons of mass destruction"...it never stops dripping, dripping, dripping, like Chineese Water Torture...while actually torturing the patriots and rebels of their respective countries.

GunnyFreedom
12-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Syria was one of Russia and China's lines in the sand. We go and invade Syria we'll have a third (some say fourth) world war on our hands.

juleswin
12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
This perplexes me.

Picture this.

Tell me, if people are going to invade, say that's you, why would I, as a dictator and his supporting regime, not use chemical weapons to kill absolutely every last one of you invaders I could?

I want to understand the logic here.

You're going to attack, that's established. I'm not going to stop fighting to maintain my regime, or keep oil rights or, whatever I'm doing that causing that.

If I do use those weapons, I'm still probably dead.

However if I do kill enough of you people, and I bust some snout in that,
maybe it'd scare the urine straight out of you guys and you'll withdraw. Go full on slice em up nuts, all up in it.

Yes, your nation would squall on the msm about what a total pile of garbage I am (I am a dictator after all) but hey, there is the chance I come out alive, and I'm still in power.

Really what're you going to do, threaten to invade or bomb me? What else you got? Nukes? Alright. Let's scare the squirt out of the whole planet over little old me.

Could you try and pull some b.s. attempt to persuade me I'm going to live in a mansion compound for another decade, before I get hung? (not likely)

Nah. I want to go out in a bang if that's the way we all want to be.

~~~

Thought experiment over, what's wrong with that line of thinking?
Why wouldn't a syrian dictatorship have their wmd's nearby and ready?

Absolutely nothing wrong with that line of thinking. especially when you consider that surrender is no longer an option. I will use it the second I can, force is the only thing the kind of religious fundamentalists attacking Syria understand. I will use it and damn the consequences. Heck, maybe Russia will finally grow some balls and block the US/NATO from steamrolling smaller countries with their proxy armies.

Victor Grey
12-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Syria was one of Russia and China's lines in the sand. We go and invade Syria we'll have a third (some say fourth) world war on our hands.

Yeah. We wouldn't we swaggering as much if they got involved.

We're tough, and we're very good but we get arrogant sometimes.

We're going to mess around and pick on one too many of the littler countries one day.
Then when we're broke others get to call the shots in the world for a while; or do to us what we did to the soviets in Afghanistan.

GunnyFreedom
12-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah. We wouldn't we swaggering as much if they got involved.

We're tough, and we're very good but we get arrogant sometimes.

We're going to mess around and pick on one too many of the littler countries one day.
Then when we're broke others get to call the shots in the world for a while; or do to us what we did to the soviets in Afghanistan.

We are already under more equipment, materiel, and personnel fatigue than people realize. Yes, we are very good, but even Superman gets tired. And we ain't Superman. If this devolves into a full on Russia and China vs United States, it's not going to have a heroic ending.

Brian4Liberty
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM

So you're saying that Assad may have paid attention to the demises of Saddam and Gaddafi?

paulbot24
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads/2012/12/sarin-305x172.jpg

This sarin gas artillery? Oh my bad, this is ours. That means these are "good" chemical weapons shells. Just goes to show you you just can't judge a sarin gas shell by its casing.:D

idiom
12-03-2012, 09:03 PM
That is one of the most epic pieces of propaganda I've ever read. The bolded part is particularly hilarious.

Its like they're not even trying.

HOLLYWOOD
12-03-2012, 10:35 PM
On FOX NEWS one of the bleach blonde bimbos was saying Assad and the regime are torturing and killing babies. "They are torturing babies in front of their families, before killing them... and they are torturing mothers and fathers in front of babies and killing them."

I can't remember which bimbos were parroting the propaganda, they all look the same... same peroxide, same false eyelashes, and same 3" foundation of makeup. Of coarse, repeated between the 'Pavlov's Bell' of ringing and animated News Alert for trained American Sheeple.

http://melaniekillingervowell.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/fox-news-alert-2-12-111.png

Brian4Liberty
12-03-2012, 11:41 PM
On FOX NEWS one of the bleach blonde bimbos was saying Assad and the regime are torturing and killing babies. "They are torturing babies in front of their families, before killing them... and they are torturing mothers and fathers in front of babies and killing them."

Wow. They have become parodies of themselves. What, no incubators involved?

kcchiefs6465
12-04-2012, 12:07 PM

I can't remember which bimbos were parroting the propaganda, they all look the same... same peroxide, same false eyelashes, and same 3" foundation of makeup. Of coarse, repeated between the 'Pavlov's Bell' of ringing and animated News Alert for trained American Sheeple.

I know what you mean. They say some of the stupidest shit I've heard in my life daily. Here's a glimpse into their professionalism.. or rather lack of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp-3JVDszfY

It's not just confined to Fox News. All major media outlets lie and promote the government's propaganda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpa0ZLDE71c

And MSNBC has openly stated they receive White House talking points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHVwwThSAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urUYWCufD5w