PDA

View Full Version : Pres. Bush: "Fund the War or I Pull Blackwater Out"

Knightskye
11-20-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm sure you guys have heard about the fight between Congress and President Bush over the war funding bill. Congress wants to "only" give $50 billion for the war, with a troop withdrawal date attached. If the bill isn't approved, the funding will be gone for contractors and non-military personnel, which includes Blackwater, DynCorp, and the rest of those guys.

Bush got a B+ in Economics but an F in Negotiations 101. Rock on.

0zzy
11-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Random question, but could Ron Paul be considered an economist? He knows more than most economist do!

user
11-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Random question, but could Ron Paul be considered an economist? He knows more than most economist do!
Ron Paul is an economist, period. Are we supposed to wait for some authority to say so?

user
11-20-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm sure you guys have heard about the fight between Congress and President Bush over the war funding bill. Congress wants to "only" give $50 billion for the war, with a troop withdrawal date attached. If the bill isn't approved, the funding will be gone for contractors and non-military personnel, which includes Blackwater, DynCorp, and the rest of those guys.

Bush got a B+ in Economics but an F in Negotiations 101. Rock on.
"Fund the War or I Pull Blackwater Out"? Where's the downside?

RP4ME
11-21-2007, 12:08 AM

exactly I odnt get it - unless he plans to deploy them on the congress et al..

seapilot
11-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Give me 100 bucks and I will give you 200 in change. Lets hope he keeps making mistakes like that I can live with.

ChooseLiberty
11-21-2007, 07:23 AM
In what universe did baby Bush get a B+ in economics?

I'm sure it was more like a C- tops.

ItsTime
11-21-2007, 07:24 AM
link?

Sematary
11-21-2007, 07:26 AM

my thoughts exactly

Actually, there is a downside - he brings them HERE!!

Johnnybags
11-21-2007, 07:29 AM
I bet a portion goes to the PPT to prop up equity markets. Seems like Bush just wants a pot of money to earmark as he sees fit. I suspect plenty has gone towards maintaining markets here at home, keeping the DOW point value even while its underlying buying power get shattered, we already had a stock market crash but John Q does not go by buying power, just points. When the war ends, the military complex stocks and oil,etc. go caput. Foreign investors have been tarred and feathered investing in US assets ans US citizens have had their buying power almost halved in recent years.