PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Cuomo wants to steal $80bn from taxpayers

itshappening
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) is in Washington on Monday to press for more disaster funding to aid recovery efforts from Hurricane Sandy.

The governor is talking with White House officials in the early afternoon, and will then hold a key meeting with Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) at 4 p.m.

Cuomo and other elected officials in the Northeast want Congress to pass at least an $80 billion supplemental appropriations bill in the current lame-duck session to cover damage suffered when the devastating storm hit in late October.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/appropriations/270611-cuomo-presses-boehner-white-house-on-sandy-aid

AuH20
12-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Now he wants 80 billion??? A few weeks ago, he confidently estimated the total damages would cost NY 30 billion.

AuH20
12-03-2012, 03:21 PM
GOP Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), who will attend the meeting, told The Hill last month that Boehner said disaster aid will not need to be offset.

This man needs to be tarred and feathered. Scumbag extraordinaire. If there are federal dollars to be doled out, Pete King is the first guy in line.

matt0611
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
If NY wants more money have them tax or borrow on the backs of their citizens. This is BS.

AuH20
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
I live in New York. I can pretty confidently tell you that 40% of this 80 billion will not be going towards storm repair and infrastructure improvements .

itshappening
12-03-2012, 03:33 PM
it's going to line their pockets...

TheNewYorker
12-03-2012, 10:29 PM
If NY wants more money have them tax or borrow on the backs of their citizens. This is BS. oh God, please no. I live in upstate NY and we have the highest taxes in the country..and it all goes to that hole called NYC and we see none of it. More than 75% of my 1200$ mortgage payment is taxes...

HOLLYWOOD
12-03-2012, 10:43 PM
NY FEDERAL RESERVE is right down off of Maiden Lane... Criminal Cuomo wants money, have bastard Ben print him up a $100 Billion for a photo op on saving the metro area.

ANYHOO, Half the money goes to campaign donors, the other half is spent telling the people over and over how they're being taken care of... like a new modern Police Plaza Palace or City Hall Labyrinth, or a new boardwalk. 10% for retirement increases.

It never goes to helping the individual, people, or small businesses in restoring society.

gwax23
12-04-2012, 09:45 AM
oh God, please no. I live in upstate NY and we have the highest taxes in the country..and it all goes to that hole called NYC and we see none of it. More than 75% of my 1200$ mortgage payment is taxes...

I live on Long Island Im confident that we pay way more taxes than Upstate and receive far less in return.

I live in New York. I can pretty confidently tell you that 40% of this 80 billion will not be going towards storm repair and infrastructure improvements .

I also live in NY and I think your 40% figure it very optimistic.

itshappening
12-04-2012, 10:16 AM
it's just looting for New York City projects. Bloomberg is demanding $20bn

Keith and stuff
12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I live on Long Island Im confident that we pay way more taxes than Upstate and receive far less in return.

People in Manhattan might have the highest taxes. With the local income tax, the combined state and local is around 13%. It has the highest cigarette and gas taxes in the county. Plus, real estate is so valuable that the actual property taxes are super high, even if the rates are lower than the rest of NY.

AuH20
12-04-2012, 10:18 AM
it's just looting for New York City projects. Bloomberg is demanding $20bn

Bloomberg has a laundry list of projects on hold due to lack of funding.

matt0611
12-04-2012, 10:18 AM
oh God, please no. I live in upstate NY and we have the highest taxes in the country..and it all goes to that hole called NYC and we see none of it. More than 75% of my 1200$ mortgage payment is taxes...

LOL well I'm not saying its a good idea, but if NY wants money let it get it from its citizens, why should other states have to pay for it? Makes even less sense.