PDA

View Full Version : After midnight the Huck talk must end!

ne1buthilary
11-20-2007, 10:38 PM
All of this discussion only validates (in their minds) and emboldens his supporters. We all know that RP supporters dominate the internet.. I applaud Huck's supporters for raising $200k but in perspective it is a tiny amount. It is getting late in the game and they do not have the time to organize anything even remotely close to our network. By even mentioning his name we add fuel to the fire and allow him to ride our coattails.. for example Fox is now reporting on his fundraising for the day. IMO the best thing we can do is look forward (making sure we have delegates) and not backward. Do not give people attention that they do not deserve.. AT ALL. Please, after midnight let's just completely drop it.

RonPaulFever
11-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Agreed!

libertythor
11-20-2007, 10:40 PM
All of this discussion only validates (in their minds) and emboldens his supporters. We all know that RP supporters dominate the internet.. I applaud Huck's supporters for raising $200k but in perspective it is a tiny amount. It is getting late in the game and they do not have the time to organize anything even remotely close to our network. By even mentioning his name we add fuel to the fire and allow him to ride our coattails.. for example Fox is now reporting on his fundraising for the day. IMO the best thing we can do is look forward (making sure we have delegates) and not backward. Do not give people attention that they do not deserve.. AT ALL. Please, after midnight let's just completely drop it.

Second

10thAmendmentMan
11-20-2007, 10:41 PM
If I wanted Huckabee news, I'd go to a Huckabee website.

kmforpaul
11-20-2007, 10:41 PM
third

yongrel
11-20-2007, 10:42 PM
4th

shepburn
11-20-2007, 10:42 PM

relax ... remember this friendly competition helped get us focused. We learned that can't just sit back and wait for the 16th. We have to win each day.

I believed this Huck battle was good for us. Who cares what they raise. Besides Huck won't be as effiecent with his 240k as we will with our $250k. In fact Huck may even use his chump change to fight Mitt Romney for the "Christain" vote.

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 10:43 PM
I agree.

After tonight (when we defeat Huckabee) we cannot talk about him anymore EXCEPT digging the fact that we defeated him!

RonPaulFever
11-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Tomorrow will be all about Fred Thompson :D

hxxp://www.fredsgivingday.com/

curtisag
11-20-2007, 10:45 PM
A little healthy competition is always good. We wiped Huckster out today on his money bomb, and that's something we can all be proud of.

Midnight77
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, today should put a serious damper on Huckabee's supporters. Their organized money bomb only drew 5% of our organized money bomb.

And to add further salt to the wound, we didn't even have an organized effort today, and we are beating them on just the spare change we are giving. Awesome.

With that being said, let's not attack his supporters or anything like that. Because that gives them more determination to beat us.

Ron Paul Fan
11-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Yep, Huckabee's supporters are now demoralized. Morale over in their camp is as low as its been since November 5th. Morale here is as high as its been since November 5th. We have defeated them once again and we did it when they had a big headstart and a couple weeks of planning. Tomorrow's Fox News Headline will be- America Hearts Paul: Uses Huckabee as Bait.

Ethek
11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
so in 7 minutes... stop the thread. Just like that.

fcofer
11-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Well, count me in with the naysayers. I like to read about the Huckster (might be because, being from the South, I perceive him as a bigger threat than he really is nationally) and I enjoy seeing posts about his campaign in the General Politics section.

However, these sorts of fundraising challenges are helpful and belong in the grassroots section. We have Huckabee to thank for the fact that we raised 250k+ today. I do think that people should be respectful (although I can't break myself of saying 'Huckster'), but it's nice to have a little edge of competition. Today, for instance, I actually persuaded several people to donate whom I had almost written off as potential supporters.

torchbearer
11-20-2007, 10:59 PM
report these kinds of theads using the "exclamation" mark button on the top right of the post.

xerxesdarius
11-20-2007, 10:59 PM
In one minute, I will no longer say the word Voldemort, er Huckabee.

fcofer
11-20-2007, 11:02 PM
"Huckabee Huckabee Huckabee!"

Now go ahead and try to have me banned. :cool:

10thAmendmentMan
11-20-2007, 11:07 PM
"Huckabee Huckabee Huckabee!"

Now go ahead and try to have me banned. :cool:

I'll one-up that. I've already called my local FBI branch office and told them that you're running a Chinese slave-smuggling ring.

Natalie
11-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Tomorrow will be all about Fred Thompson :D

hxxp://www.fredsgivingday.com/

82 pledges, wow.

Mark
11-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Yes, of course, competitions good.

What's the excuse for EVERYDAY other than this one?

You can't view grassroots, especially in the evening,
without seeing Huck and Beck, for goodness sakes.

I vote for NO MORE huck&Beck in grassroots.

Pick a sub-forum for them, and post day and night
about them if you want to, instead of working
to get Dr. PAUL'S name out there.

Or, better, go to THEIR forums and post about them.

NOT Dr. Paul's forum.

mtmedlin
11-20-2007, 11:26 PM
This kind of thread sounds like the crap that they do at Hucksarmy. Why not let people talk about what they want to and like adults we read what we want to.

no vchip in my posts.

fcofer
11-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Yes, of course, competitions good.

What's the excuse for EVERYDAY other than this one?

You can't view grassroots, especially in the evening,
without seeing Huck and Beck, for goodness sakes.

I vote for NO MORE huck&Beck in grassroots.

Pick a sub-forum for them, and post day and night
about them if you want to, instead of working
to get Dr. PAUL'S name out there.

Or, better, go to THEIR forums and post about them.

NOT Dr. Paul's forum.

You know, we really don't need these kind of bright-line rules. I think that stuff works out fairly well already. Huck posts that are relevant to our grassroots (such as the competition today) stay in our grassroots section. If they are not relevant, they should not be posted there (or should be moved). It's incumbent upon the poster, whenever anything is posted here, to demonstrate its relevance.

I agree about disliking the Beck threads, but to some of our supporters, it's an important issue that they feel can be addressed by mobilizing our grassroots. If you really, really, think it's a waste of time, then you can always not click on the thread. If it's clearly irrelevant, a moderator will move it.

I agree with you about having a Huck subforum to which Huck posts should be banished (and therein cultivated). Click the link in my signature if you want to read my (long-winded) opinion.