PDA

View Full Version : Oregon GOP Chair will not seek re-election

tsai3904
12-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Oregon Republican Chairman Allen Alley, who presided over a tough campaign year for the GOP in the state, has told party officials that he won't seek a second term.

Allen, a high-tech entrepreneur who ran unsuccessfully for governor and treasurer, revealed his plans in a conference call with county chairs on Thursday night. He reportedly said he needed to attend to business concerns he had largely set aside during his two years as party chairman.

More:
http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2012/11/allen_alley_wont_seek_a_second.html

Republican state central committee members will meet on Saturday, Feb. 2 in Salem to pick a new chairperson.

sailingaway
12-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I should think not. don't we have a majority?

parocks
12-01-2012, 05:56 PM
I should think not. don't we have a majority?

There are likely a bunch of people in the Oregon GOP who don't like Ron Paul. They'll explain how it's better not to vote for the Ron Paul candidate, party unity and all, and we'd lose. That election where Ron Paul supporters picked state committee people is over now, ancient history, some will say.

sailingaway
12-01-2012, 06:40 PM
that is likely why those cheating GOP chairs stepped down, knowing they would unify our guys against them, whereas an establishment candidate not them might have persuasion to a few. I hope our folks in Oregon who were denied control of their delegation will take what happened in Maine to heart.