PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian super PAC slams Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham for support of NDAA amendment

jFico89
11-30-2012, 11:35 PM
“Lindsey Graham is everything that’s wrong with America,” said Liberty For All PAC executive director Preston Bates in a statement. “He’s a bigoted warmonger who won’t stop until we replace America with Joseph McCarthy’s police state."

Liberty For All considers Graham one of its top targets in 2014. The Club for Growth may also support a Republican primary challenger.

“Lindsey Graham should know that his 11th-hour pandering doesn’t make him safe. In fact, it exposes his panicked-state weakness,” Bates continued. “He’s on the chopping block.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/30/libertarian-super-pac-slams-republican-sen-graham-for-support-of-ndaa-amendment/#ixzz2Dm9HBNkM

TCE
11-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Very nice. Work hard now to get his negatives up so that when preliminary polls are done by some of these organizations, such as The Club for Growth, they'll see that he's vulnerable. Graham definitely grinds my gears. He's the worst combination of a Socialcon and a neocon. He is a great barometer, however. If one wants to know whether a position is against liberty, then look up Lindsey Graham's position on the issue. His side is always the pro-statism solution.

emazur
11-30-2012, 11:59 PM
accordingto dailypaul a Libertarian will run against him in the GOP primary
http://www.dailypaul.com/264821/lindsey-graham-will-face-a-libertarian-in-gop-primary

itshappening
12-01-2012, 05:58 AM
accordingto dailypaul a Libertarian will run against him in the GOP primary
http://www.dailypaul.com/264821/lindsey-graham-will-face-a-libertarian-in-gop-primary

the only viable candidate is Sen. Tom Davis, we need to convince him to run. Otherwise Graham will cruise to victory. His neocon stances sadly play well in his state and won't be factor. Breaking his taxpayer pledge and supporting cap-n-trade more of an issue.

Jeremy
12-01-2012, 06:47 AM
the only viable candidate is Sen. Tom Davis, we need to convince him to run. Otherwise Graham will cruise to victory. His neocon stances sadly play well in his state and won't be factor. Breaking his taxpayer pledge and supporting cap-n-trade more of an issue. He seems kind of set on finishing his term as a state senator, unfortunately. Maybe he was thinking about 2016 this whole time. I really hope he runs for 2014. And I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsey retires.

itshappening
12-01-2012, 06:56 AM
He seems kind of set on finishing his term as a state senator, unfortunately. Maybe he was thinking about 2016 this whole time. I really hope he runs for 2014. And I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsey retires.

Graham won't retire unless it is forced..

LibertyEagle
12-01-2012, 07:15 AM
I sure wish people would stop chanting the leftist mantra about Joseph McCarthy. Does anyone remember Charlotte Iserbyte saying that our government, media, etc. had been infiltrated long ago? It was McCarthy who was blowing the whistle and trying to stop it. If he had been successful, a whole lot of what is going on today, would have been stopped cold in its tracks.

http://www.amazon.com/Blacklisted-History-Senator-McCarthy-Americas/dp/140008105X

Jeremy
12-01-2012, 07:25 AM
I sure wish people would stop chanting the leftist mantra about Joseph McCarthy. Does anyone remember Charlotte Iserbyte saying that our government, media, etc. had been infiltrated long ago? It was McCarthy who was blowing the whistle and trying to stop it. If he had been successful, a whole lot of what is going on today, would have been stopped cold in its tracks.

http://www.amazon.com/Blacklisted-History-Senator-McCarthy-Americas/dp/140008105X

Yeah, Bates' criticism of Graham was pretty weird. The only part that made sense was "warmonger." He should have mentioned something about his economic policy- the one thing that matters most in a Republican primary.

LibertyEagle
12-01-2012, 07:29 AM
As I recall reading, Bates was/is a leftist. I wonder if he has spent the time to learn about economic policy, before he latched onto John.

Pisces
12-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Yeah, Bates' criticism of Graham was pretty weird. The only part that made sense was "warmonger." He should have mentioned something about his economic policy- the one thing that matters most in a Republican primary.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this was weird. I wish Bates or whoever is making these statements would tone it down. I'm afraid they are going to make themselves an issue in the campaign with some of their rhetoric and that will be a distraction for Davis.

LibertyEagle
12-01-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this was weird. I wish Bates or whoever is making these statements would tone it down. I'm afraid they are going to make themselves an issue in the campaign with some of their rhetoric and that will be a distraction for Davis.

They're on Facebook and you can send them a message there. Tell 'em. You have an excellent point.

James Madison
12-01-2012, 10:54 AM
“Lindsey Graham is everything that’s wrong with America,” said Liberty For All PAC executive director Preston Bates in a statement. “He’s a bigoted warmonger who won’t stop until we replace America with Joseph McCarthy’s police state."

This is the only comment I have a problem with. McCarthy was, initially, a useful tool for the power elite. Then he figured out the US government was overthrowing pro-western, anti-communist republics (Iran) and assisting the rise of people like Mao.

Pisces
12-01-2012, 11:05 AM
They're on Facebook and you can send them a message there. Tell 'em. You have an excellent point.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Brian4Liberty
12-01-2012, 11:30 AM
“Lindsey Graham is everything that’s wrong with America,” said Liberty For All PAC executive director Preston Bates in a statement. “He’s a bigoted warmonger who won’t stop until we replace America with Joseph McCarthy’s Stalin's police state."

Liberty For All considers Graham one of its top targets in 2014. The Club for Growth may also support a Republican primary challenger.

“Lindsey Graham should know that his 11th-hour pandering doesn’t make him safe. In fact, it exposes his panicked-state weakness,” Bates continued. “He’s on the chopping block.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/30/libertarian-super-pac-slams-republican-sen-graham-for-support-of-ndaa-amendment/#ixzz2Dm9HBNkM

Seems like hyperbole, but maybe he misspoke. Maybe he meant another Joe. I corrected it for him above.