PDA

View Full Version : poll for direction of this site

Man from La Mancha
06-21-2007, 11:39 PM
As long as I love battling Dragons and learning about conspirial intrigue , I believe this site should be for the promotion of Dr. Ron Paul( I like that title, gives great class) and what he believes in. I don't think we should be debating 911, global warming, the Vatican, Ufo, ect.

So what I propose is a poll of the visitors to this site as to continue this site as present which is very good. Or just stick to Dr. Paul subjects. What I propose is when some one searches for those types of subject just link them to something Dr. Paul has said on that subject. Any further threads of those type of subjects would be deleted. Subjects like money creation which Dr. Paul is passionate about would continue. I trust the moderators of this site to make those decision's. I really think this has to become the largest Ron Paul forum board so we can get as many supporters as possible. And the typical MSM feed American will tune out by this type of conspirial types of discussion. There are plenty websites covering these to satisfy anybody I don't think they are needed here.

#1 Would be continue as this site is.

#2 Limit it just to getting Ron elected and what he believes and who he is and not conspirial subjects and you all know what I mean.

BLS
06-21-2007, 11:42 PM
As long as I love battling Dragons and learning about conspirial intrigue , I believe this site should be for the promotion of Dr. Ron Paul( I like that title, gives great class) and what he believes in. I don't think we should be debating 911, global warming, the Vatican, Ufo, ect.

So what I propose is a poll of the visitors to this site as to continue this site as present which is very good. Or just stick to Dr. Paul subjects. What I propose is when some one searches for those types of subject just link them to something Dr. Paul has said on that subject. Any further threads of those type of subjects would be deleted. Subjects like money creation which Dr. Paul is passionate about would continue. I trust the moderators of this site to make those decision's. I really think this has to become the largest Ron Paul forum board so we can get as many supporters as possible. And the typical MSM feed American will tune out by this type of conspirial types of discussion. There are plenty websites covering these to satisfy anybody I don't think they are needed here.

#2 Limit it just to getting Ron elected and what he believes and who he is and not conspirial subjects and you all know what I mean.

Lastly I propose that as followers and supporters of Paul we should try to emulate how he treats his political adversaries. With politeness, knowledge of the subject, and a willingness not to back down but to do it sternly and with respect for others. Did he not always show that against Rudy and Hannity? We should always be polite and not attack media commentators with rudeness or in their personal lives. Call them, talk to them, email them during normal business hours but do not harass their family's at their homes. Blow the opposition away with this kind of professionalism and watch how people admire Ron Paul supporters. You catch allot more flys with honey than you do with vinegar. Just my 5 cents worth.

Personally, I'm a offended that YOU think you're ideals or viewpoints are bettter than anybody elses.

I personally suggest you shut your cakehole. I'm not interested one bit in your personal opinions. If you're against getting RP elected, or want to 'channel' how it will happen, I am NOT in your group.

Spirit of '76
06-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Just my 5 cents worth.

Damned inflation... :p

Man from La Mancha
06-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Interesting reply BLS. I rest me point. I never suggested my points are better. Did you notice my word propose does not mean dictate, I just thought it would help to be more like the man we all support. BLS I admire your passion though and we all need that.

If the moderators would like to comment or delete this post, that is fine with me They have been doing a fantastic job and I'm thankful for it.

Just another 5 cents worth. In every organization their have been agent provocateurs to discredit and to destroy within.

AgentSmith
06-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Awesome! I was just thinking we were missing our self righteous post of the day, where daddy comes and tells everyone how to act and what to say.

Lois
06-22-2007, 04:25 AM
I love having an "Other Topics" forum, to discuss anything we want to. Otherwise, it's one dimensional.

Lois

sunny
06-22-2007, 04:44 AM
ok

kimosabi
06-22-2007, 05:16 AM
9/11 is going to become a massive part of this campaign.

More and more people are waking up that 9/11 was an inside job, and was a crime against America by the American Power Elite.

The more people that come to this conclusion, the more likely Ron Paul will become President.

Just about all the other candidates at this point have signed their own Political Death Warrants by supporting the War in Iraq and the Patriot Act.

Only Ron Paul stands out from the gaggle of Geese and has a consistent track record of voting in line with the constitution and what's best for the average American.

Now that the power elite are trying to shut down free flow of information on the Internet, they are getting scared and desperate.

9/11 was an inside job, you need to accept it, and then you have to spread the word to everyone who will listen.

Ron Paul doesn't need to do anything except say that there are lots of unanswered questions regarding 9/11, but his supporters can help educate as many people as possible that 9/11 was an inside job.

If 9/11 can be blown wide open, the 2008 Presidential Election will be blown wide open, and who is the only person you can trust in government that was against the Iraq War and the Patriot Act, Ron Paul....

You Americans have to realise you are fighting for your freedon at the moment, and you have to do whatever it takes to get Ron Paul into office, because the Power Elite have already demonstrated that they will do whatever it takes to keep their power, but they will never be able to fight against 300 million angry Americans.

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Just my opinion, but I think the administrators of this site taking an active hand in squelching conspiracy talk, or other chat that was harmful to the Paul campaign would not be a bad idea.

Sure, that statement is going to irritate certain folks on this forum, but they need to understand, I'd have the same opinion about white supremacists coming here and using this forum as a way to push their agenda too, even if they are RP supporters. David Duke thinks RP is great, but I don't want to see links to DD material flooding this forum either.

Now that's all just my personal opinion, and ultimately any decision like this will not be decided by a poll, but instead decided by the people who created and maintain this forum. As it should be. If the users here become repulsed by the "fringe" commentary on this forum, then our recourse is to start our own forum, or move to some other forum that we find more suitable.

DjLoTi
06-22-2007, 05:26 AM
the 9/11 stuff.... is a big headache. This thread is a good example of why.

My suggestion - take it to the appropriate board. The day you're running the show behind the scenes on this website is the day you can make your changes. Until then, you can only influence those people to maybe be convinced to make such changes.

This 9/11 stuff is so whack. Get it out of my face. I'm not here for 9/11. In fact, I could care less. I do care, however, that Ron Paul is elected to save our country.
As such, the 9/11 stuff should really stop being brought up, especially on this board. Take it to the appropriate place. ugh. soo frustrating...

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 05:27 AM
9/11 was an inside job, you need to accept it, and then you have to spread the word to everyone who will listen.

Yeah, and wave a Ron Paul sign while you're at it, just to make sure he has absolutely NO CHANCE of getting elected.

DjLoTi
06-22-2007, 05:29 AM
"9/11 is going to become a massive part of this campaign."

Yeah, it's going to be a massive part of its destruction. lol. That's for sure.

anewvoice
06-22-2007, 05:41 AM
My thoughts are summed up nicely in this article.

http://freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=020043

My own additional .5 cents, there are plenty of places already on the internet to discuss the various theories of the day. I don't see why this should need to replicate that. That said, people will do and say as they please and trying to control that is a fruitless endeavour.

Just think how the Ron Paul supporters react when we are snubbed (ahem, Iowa), and you can see what'll likely happen even internally.

V-rod
06-22-2007, 05:58 AM
The day I believe 9/11 was a inside job is the day that there is a huge consensus among structural engineers other than the small handful from across USA and Europe that are featured in videos made by under 25-year old kids, and paranoid schizophrenics who been railing about the Illuminati for decades.
The "Truth" movement is going to need some more credible people.

kimosabi
06-22-2007, 06:07 AM
The day I believe 9/11 was a inside job is the day that there is a huge consensus among structural engineers other than the small handful from across USA and Europe that are featured in videos made by under 25-year old kids, and paranoid schizophrenics who been railing about the Illuminati for decades.
The "Truth" movement is going to need some more credible people.

If you want credible try this guy (Mike Ruppert - ex LAPD Narcotics Cop who blew the whistle on the CIA running the Drugs into the USA)

THE TRUTH & LIES OF 9/11

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=8797525979024486145&q

BLS
06-22-2007, 06:10 AM
9/11 is going to become a massive part of this campaign.

More and more people are waking up that 9/11 was an inside job, and was a crime against America by the American Power Elite.

The more people that come to this conclusion, the more likely Ron Paul will become President.

Just about all the other candidates at this point have signed their own Political Death Warrants by supporting the War in Iraq and the Patriot Act.

Only Ron Paul stands out from the gaggle of Geese and has a consistent track record of voting in line with the constitution and what's best for the average American.

Now that the power elite are trying to shut down free flow of information on the Internet, they are getting scared and desperate.

Ron Paul doesn't need to do anything except say that there are lots of unanswered questions regarding 9/11, but his supporters can help educate as many people as possible that 9/11 was an inside job.

If 9/11 can be blown wide open, the 2008 Presidential Election will be blown wide open, and who is the only person you can trust in government that was against the Iraq War and the Patriot Act, Ron Paul....

You Americans have to realise you are fighting for your freedon at the moment, and you have to do whatever it takes to get Ron Paul into office, because the Power Elite have already demonstrated that they will do whatever it takes to keep their power, but they will never be able to fight against 300 million angry Americans.

Dude, you are entitled to your right to believe what you want.
I respect that.

But, I have to agree with the majority of posters here, that if you sincerely want to see RP elected, you HAVE to quelch this 9/11 inside job talk, because all it does is act counterproductively.

It gives fuel to the suspicions that RP's followers are radicals or conspiracy theorists, and THAT willl discredit him.

BLS
06-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Interesting reply BLS. I rest me point. I never suggested my points are better. Did you notice my word propose does not mean dictate, I just thought it would help to be more like the man we all support. BLS I admire your passion though and we all need that.

If the moderators would like to comment or delete this post, that is fine with me They have been doing a fantastic job and I'm thankful for it.

Just another 5 cents worth. In every organization their have been agent provocateurs to discredit and to destroy within.

Forgive me. I owe you an apology.
I did not mean to come across so harshly. I was a bit fiesty last night and I truly failed to see what your point was and I flew off the handle.

In any case, I apologize, and for what it's worth I understand what you're trying to say, and I do agree to an extent. I agree with the poster who suggested that we keep off topics subjects in the correct boards, and the moderators will need to be a bit more dilligent about cleaning house, till everyone gets into 'order'.
But we as posters, need to help keep the boards running smoothly as well.

Bossobass
06-22-2007, 06:35 AM
The trouble with America today is that it's citizens think that telling others that their opinions are [insert expletive, demeaning insult, diatribe] is a good thing.

NO idea is a good one that will not stand up to opposing opinions.

The trouble with censorship is...where do you stop? Look at the dolts at Digg who say they are 'searching for ALL RP articles to bury'. It's horseshit. They even have RP supporters now, who are posting sympathetic comments to that tripe.

There is a big difference between Moderating and Censoring. I think the Admin does a damn good job moderating their Forum, without any help from the peanut gallery.

Bosso

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Let's please all focus on getting Ron Paul elected and try our best not to hang our individual agendas on his campaign.

Revolution9
06-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Just my opinion, but I think the administrators of this site taking an active hand in squelching conspiracy talk, or other chat that was harmful to the Paul campaign would not be a bad idea.

Yeah.. I will bet you do.. Yer not getting very far with your other tactics to shut down rational discourse:)

Yer Pal
Randy

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Only change I would recommend is grouping the topics so that issues like abortion, religion, and 9/11 (again) are separated from Ron Paul-specific topics.

Can't really force this, though. People can post wherever...

ShaneC
06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Well, how about a sub-forum for the "conspiracy" stuff. (Off-Topic/not directly RP related, something like that)

I can't stand conspiracy nuts, however there is some truth in some of the conspiracies. I don't buy into all of it, and hence why I won't jump on the bandwagons.

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Well, how about a sub-forum for the "conspiracy" stuff. (Off-Topic/not directly RP related, something like that)

I can't stand conspiracy nuts, however there is some truth in some of the conspiracies. I don't buy into all of it, and hence why I won't jump on the bandwagons.

How dare you try to censor the truth seekers in their righteous quest to turn this Ron Paul forum into an Alex Jones franchise!

Dary
06-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Whatever happened to "None of the Above" ?

PatriotOne
06-22-2007, 10:58 AM
The people who believe that 9/11 was an inside job or have suspicions and want a new investigations are not "fringe". Those who are not following the movement and it's progress are just falling for the same old "marginalization" of the movement by the media and Government that is now being done on Ron Paul.

There's lot's of scientific, non-biased polls, people can go look at to see this.

I'll provide one here and if that isn't enough to convince people, then start googling 9/11 polls.

This one's conclusions are:

US government and 9/11 Commission are NOT covering up 48%
US government and 9/11 Commission are covering up 42
Not sure 10

http://www.911truth.org/downloads/911TruthZogbyFinalReport.doc

Those same ~50% of the public that believe our Government is covering up or outright complicit on the 9/11 attacks are people who are naturally attracted to Ron Paul's message of getting out of an illegal war, reducing the scope of Government, etc., etc., etc.

The millions of 9/11 "truther's" supporting Ron Paul are connecting with those same 50%. Why the hell would we NOT want the very active 9/11 Truther's to connect with 50% of the population?

I say quit falling for the 9/11 Truther's "fringe" rhetoric and start seeing it for what it is. Regardless of whether you believe the official 9/11 explanation, people in that group are becoming the minority more and more everyday.

yongrel
06-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Let's avoid internecine conflict, shall we? Our focus should be on getting Ron Paul elected.

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 11:08 AM
The people who believe that 9/11 was an inside job or have suspicions and want a new investigations are not "fringe". Those who are not following the movement and it's progress are just falling for the same old "marginalization" of the movement by the media and Government that is now being done on Ron Paul.

There's lot's of scientific, non-biased polls, people can go look at to see this.

I'll provide one here and if that isn't enough to convince people, then start googling 9/11 polls.

This one's conclusions are:

US government and 9/11 Commission are NOT covering up 48%
US government and 9/11 Commission are covering up 42
Not sure 10

http://www.911truth.org/downloads/911TruthZogbyFinalReport.doc

Those same ~50% of the public that believe our Government is covering up or outright complicit on the 9/11 attacks are people who are naturally attracted to Ron Paul's message of getting out of an illegal war, reducing the scope of Government, etc., etc., etc.

The millions of 9/11 "truther's" supporting Ron Paul are connecting with those same 50%. Why the hell would we NOT want the very active 9/11 Truther's to connect with 50% of the population?

I say quit falling for the 9/11 Truther's "fringe" rhetoric and start seeing it for what it is. Regardless of whether you believe the official 9/11 explanation, people in that group are becoming the minority more and more everyday.

If you believe it was an inside job, then why are you here? If I believed the Alex Jones shwag, I'd be setting up a sniper position somewhere near the white house, not crying on internet forums.

LibertyCzar
06-22-2007, 11:10 AM

I actually like the idea of a subforum for this. Something like Controversial Topics. It could be right next to Hot Topics. But it would have to at least somewhat tie to Ron Paul. We don't want to look like a bunch of geeks hiding in the corner wearing tin foil on our heads.

Delivered4000
06-22-2007, 11:16 AM
I think the more you regulate, the less we can achieve

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 11:17 AM
We do have a forum for "Hot Topics" It is a sub-forum of 'General Politics and Other'

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

I think everyone should concentrate on getting Ron Paul elected.

However, not everyone does this, and it is easier to just create a forum for those users. That's why we have provided a place to chat about other things because it is the nature of people on a message board to share information.

Rather than constantly deleting threads that do not strictly relate to Dr. Paul it makes the moderators job easier to just provide a place for those posts.

LibertyCzar
06-22-2007, 11:20 AM
We do have a forum for "Hot Topics" It is a sub-forum of 'General Politics and Other'

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

I think everyone should concentrate on getting Ron Paul elected.

However, not everyone does this, and it is easier to just create a forum for those users. That's why we have provided a place to chat about other things because it is the nature of people on a message board to share information.

Rather than constantly deleting threads that do not strictly relate to Dr. Paul it makes the moderators job easier to just provide a place for those posts.

Josh, you have done a wonderful job. This really is a great forum. In a short period of time, you have created a professional looking forum.

Incidently, have you tried contacting the campaign to see if they could provide a link to this forum from their website, in the Social Networking area? A space is available on that page for a forum link.

PatriotOne
06-22-2007, 11:23 AM
If you believe it was an inside job, then why are you here? If I believed the Alex Jones shwag, I'd be setting up a sniper position somewhere near the white house, not crying on internet forums.

I think a better question would be why you are trying to dismiss ~50% of the public that think the official version of 9/11 is a lie and wants a new investigation or think the Government did it. Why would you not want those people to gravitate to the message of Ron Paul?

That's a rhetorical question because I just wanted to add my 2 cents here and let people know that the movement is hardly fringe anymore and to stop falling for that line and worrying about it.

I got better things to do than argue with people intent, either ignorantly or intentionally, trying to divide and conquer Ron Paul supporter's. Been there, done that. It's a waste of valuble time.

Cunningham
06-22-2007, 11:24 AM
I've been following RonPauls writings for a few years and I've really been hyped up about his campaign. But, I think more and more that in the end the 9/11 truth movemment is going to ruin this campaign. People have repeatedly tried to reason with them about this issue but most of them don't seem to care. It's happening in the Columbus meet up to, a small number of people that just won't listen to reason. It's unfortunate that his chances are going to be ruined by a bunch of people who can't realize that Paul would be much more help to them in office then out. The worst part is....i'm a truther. I want the truth to but I also think strategically, and not all but a few of these truth movement people are going to ruin our one chance at some real freedom. It's sad and depressing. I hope the campaign can overcome and distance themselves somehow.

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 11:26 AM
I think a better question would be why you are trying to dismiss ~50% of the public that think the official version of 9/11 is a lie and wants a new investigation or think the Government did it.

50% of likely Republican primary voters think the U.S. government was behind 9/11? Amazing. Perhaps you'd be willing to share your supporting evidence for that assertion?

PatriotOne
06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
50% of likely Republican primary voters think the U.S. government was behind 9/11? Amazing. Perhaps you'd be willing to share your supporting evidence for that assertion?

I already did. See previous post.

BLS
06-22-2007, 11:30 AM
I think a better question would be why you are trying to dismiss ~50% of the public that think the official version of 9/11 is a lie and wants a new investigation or think the Government did it. Why would you not want those people to gravitate to the message of Ron Paul?

That's a rhetorical question because I just wanted to add my 2 cents here and let people know that the movement is hardly fringe anymore and to stop falling for that line and worrying about it.

I got better things to do than argue with people intent, either ignorantly or intentionally, trying to divide and conquer Ron Paul supporter's. Been there, done that. It's a waste of valuble time.

DUDE....STFU already.

Many people here many believe you..I for one am not convinced we were given the truth, BUT....this is NOT a 9/11 forum. It's a GET RON PAUL elected forum so that he can THEN (if he chooses so) request a Formal Investigation.

By spreading this 'truther' stuff, you're NOT HELPING THE #1 GOAL.
Why don't you get that?!?!?!?!?

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 11:32 AM
DUDE....STFU already.

Many people here many believe you..I for one am not convinced we were given the truth, BUT....this is NOT a 9/11 forum. It's a GET RON PAUL elected forum so that he can THEN (if he chooses so) request a Formal Investigation.

You're just trying to censor the truth, man! Cheney did it with a globalhawk in the underground bunker! :rolleyes:

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Josh, you have done a wonderful job. This really is a great forum. In a short period of time, you have created a professional looking forum.

Incidently, have you tried contacting the campaign to see if they could provide a link to this forum from their website, in the Social Networking area? A space is available on that page for a forum link.

Thanks for the kind words. Bryan and CujoTheKitten have also done a fabulous job with their help and input.

I sent an email but they haven't gotten back to me on that particular issue.

Maybe you could send them a suggestion. ;)

DjLoTi
06-22-2007, 11:33 AM
And we keep posting and arguing and this thread keeps getting pushed to the top and people keep arguing about NINE ELEVEN.

The attitude of people has made me crazy. 9/11911111111919191919191919191991

GUILANI SAYS IT ENOUGH

not to mention, rp has an uphill battle trying to win, we don't need a civil war in the campaign. the last post that was up when I'm writing this is BLS. I bet there's like 5 replies already. Admin should just move this topic. It's never going to stop

lynnf
06-22-2007, 11:34 AM

Lastly I propose that as followers and supporters of Paul we should try to emulate how he treats his political adversaries. With politeness, knowledge of the subject, and a willingness not to back down but to do it sternly and with respect for others. Did he not always show that against Rudy and Hannity? We should always be polite and not attack media commentators with rudeness or in their personal lives. Call them, talk to them, email them during normal business hours but do not harass their family's at their homes. Blow the opposition away with this kind of professionalism and watch how people admire Ron Paul supporters. You catch allot more flys with honey than you do with vinegar. Just my 5 cents worth.

Don't look now, but the change has already happened. I used to have a signature on my messages here like this:

Dr. Steven Jones evidence of explosives in WTC.....
http://www.ac911t.org/mambo/index.ph...07&Item id=53

and they have been removed! This happened after I was "asked" as a favor to
remove it and I refused. Here is my reply:

Let me give you an applicable scenario to this situation. Suppose when Ron Paul
voted against the war, that he was approached by someone saying “Well your
one little vote is embarrassing to our nice little war, and we would like for you
to change your vote to one in support of the war just to make things a little less
embarrassing for us, or maybe you could just abstain. C’mon, go along to get along. Now, how about it?” What do you think Ron Paul would say in that case?

Did you respond to the Iowans for Tax Relief and their ironic exclusion of
Ron Paul from the candidate forum even though he wants to abolish the IRS?
This request of yours reeks of the same kind of irony – stifling truth on a forum
for a candidate that has acquired a reputation and kudos for telling and living the
truth.

I have given some thought to your request, and I have to say no on principle.
Even more than that, I have to say hell, no, and even your asking is wrong even
though I’m sure you think your motives are good.
Now, I realize that you have the power to throw me off this forum and if that
is what happens, so be it. That won’t diminish my support for Ron Paul but
it would certainly reduce my effectiveness because I won’t be able to stay as
informed as I have been since joining. I feel sorry for those that you say
have voluntarily succumbed to your request for their lack of a backbone.
I will not follow their path.

--------------------------------end of reply-----------------------------------------------------

Something worse than truthers (if you think that is bad) is involved here. It is never good to censor ideas and this means that the equivalent of Nazis are running the show.

lynn

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Don't look now, but the change has already happened. I used to have a signature on my messages here like this:

Dr. Steven Jones evidence of explosives in WTC.....
http://www.ac911t.org/mambo/index.ph...07&Item id=53

and they have been removed! This happened after I was "asked" as a favor to
remove it and I refused. Here is my reply:

No one removed your signature. I'm the only person that has access to remove that kind of information.

Bryan respectfully asked a few people if they would remove "Hot Topic" signatures a few days ago. He also sent out messages saying that he withdraws that request.

Watch what you say please. No one has censored you.

joenaab
06-22-2007, 11:48 AM

There is a sub-forum called "Hot Topics" for all controversial subject matter. That is where this thread should have been posted. However, the OP doesn't seem to respect the moderator's request to keep this subject matter out of the main forum area.

Many fail to understand that whether you believe in the Bin Laden Conspiracy, the "they let it happen" Conspiracy, the "Inside Job" Conspiracy, or the "Reptilians from the 5th Dimension did it" Conspiracy, - you are believing that someone conspired to attack us that day. So everyone is a conspiracy nut, including yourself! ;) The Bin Laden Conspiracy has very little evidencial support and depends entirely on the irrational and misguided American faith in government and mainstream media as the ultimate source of truth. To date, this has been the undoing of our people. When one comes to terms with the breadth and depth of their dishonesty, it is a much smaller leap to consider that the Bin Laden conspiracy does not tell the full truth of what happened.

This thread and others like it are simply a mob rule attack of the proponents of one conspiracy theory against those of another. How I am wrong here? (look up "conspiracy" in the dictionary before you answer. ;) )

I would add that in 2002, 99.9% believed the Bin Laden Conspiracy. By 2005 it fell to 80%. Today, 18 months later, it's approaching 50/50. In 18 months (i.e. election day), at this rate, about 15-25% of Americans will still cling to the official Bin Laden story. This is consistent with the portion of Americans who blindly believe and vigorously defend what the government and mainstream media say on any subject 100% of the time. It appears that more than a few of them have found their way into this forum.

Finally, the OP asked two things, 1) that we self-censor subjects that a majority (i.e. "mob", and you are a mob) of people here consider "off-topic" or "harmful to the campaign", and 2) that we emulate Ron Paul. These are mutually exclusive requests. Ron Paul would not approve of #1. As recently as yesterday, Ron Paul said that there could be a "contrived" attack on the U.S. to trigger support for the annihilation of Iran. Why on earth would he say this? He has said it before, too.

If Ron Paul is talking about a real threat of future contrived attacks on America, so can his supporters.

lynnf
06-22-2007, 12:00 PM
No one removed your signature. I'm the only person that has access to remove that kind of information.

Bryan respectfully asked a few people if they would remove "Hot Topic" signatures a few days ago. He also sent out messages saying that he withdraws that request.

Watch what you say please. No one has censored you.

I apologize if I was wrong. When I looked this morning at several of my previous messages, the signature wasn't there and after that I composed my message and
posted it. It might be possible that I only saw the messages that were posted
before I made a signature, although I thought that I had looked at enough to ensure that would not be the case. Unfortunately, I can't remember just how many messages I looked at and which ones they were. Still, I was a little "jumpy" after that request was made and the edict had come from above about 9/11 material.

lynn

PatriotOne
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
DUDE....STFU already.

Many people here may believe you..I for one am not convinced we were given the truth, BUT....this is NOT a 9/11 forum. It's a GET RON PAUL elected forum so that he can THEN (if he chooses so) request a Formal Investigation.

I suspect that at least 50% of the people here on this board do believe me as that would be consistent with the rest of the polls on 9/11. ;)

Your desperation to stifle this subject is really unnecessary. Especially telling me to STFU on a thread made to discuss this very subject.

Considering at this time, the poll here says that 70% of the people don't want to make any changes to the forum or try to stifle freedom of speech here, perhaps you should be the one to ......................er, never mind ;).

Over and out.

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Let me give you an applicable scenario to this situation. Suppose when Ron Paul
voted against the war, that he was approached by someone saying “Well your
one little vote is embarrassing to our nice little war, and we would like for you
to change your vote to one in support of the war just to make things a little less
embarrassing for us, or maybe you could just abstain. C’mon, go along to get along. Now, how about it?” What do you think Ron Paul would say in that case?

lynn

Here's the difference, Lynn. This is Ron Paul's campaign. So he can put forward any belief he darn well chooses. His campaign should not be used as an opportunity for each of us to further our own pet agendas. If we want to do that, we should start our own campaigns.

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I suspect that at least 50% of the people here on this board do believe me as that would be consistent with the rest of the polls on 9/11. ;)

What is so hard about sticking to what Ron Paul believes? Why is that so difficult? It doesn't really matter what each of us believes about 9-11. We are misrepresenting him if we push this agenda.

LibertyEagle
06-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Josh, would you please move this thread to "off topic"?

Man from La Mancha
06-22-2007, 03:28 PM
This was posted just for this purpose to see a proper way to to get Ron elected not to discuss hot topics. I assumed search engines would automatically bring this forum board up and then that person searching would have an automatic bias to those key words. For ex. "Ron Paul" gold forum. You could of used any hot topic word out there instead of the word gold. So any news media search can now find where the "kooks" are for Ron without any other investigation, and slander him.

As for Free speech, did not every one that joins this board agree to the rules of this board! Well if I can figure that out, that has limited my free speech and I agreed to it. So this is not about free speech. Just how to use this board in the best way to get Dr. Paul elected.

As for the ones thinking I'm trying to tell them what to do, you flatter me, I didn't know I was a god.

Thank you for your reply BLS

UP the rEVOLution

Brandybuck
06-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Personally, I'm a offended that YOU think you're ideals or viewpoints are bettter than anybody elses.
I'm offended that you were offended at his comments.

Bryan
06-22-2007, 11:18 PM
I think it's fair to have discussion to get input on the direction of a forum as it grows and not doubt, this forum will have to content with detractors intent on wasting everyones time and causing infighting. How much tolerance should they be given? What about obvious trolls and spammers? How much free speech? What if we get hoards of new threads daily about non-Ron Paul related items, like a 1,000 new recipe threads a day or on the wonders of universal health care? We need ways to deal with this- it doesn't mean censoring in all cases (a good solution for spammers however) but it the current model of the forum isn't suitable for a large group of strong forum contributors then it's fair to seek a change in the model. Right now the "Hot Topics" sub-forum seems to be doing OK- for those that use the "New Posts" feature (you should! :D) you can use this link to exclude posts there:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=54 - not hot link
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=54 - hot link

You can tailor this to whatever you want, such as:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=54,A,B,C

LibertyCzar
06-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Bryan and CujoTheKitten have also done a fabulous job with their help and input.

I sent an email but they haven't gotten back to me on that particular issue.

Maybe you could send them a suggestion. ;)

Thanks, Bryan and CujoTheKitten! :D