How'd you get in? Congratulations!

daviddee
11-30-2012, 07:26 PM

ghengis86
11-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Meh...I'm alright being 16th.

Anti Federalist
11-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Its good to see my new home is #1. Feel free to reference this with the America #1... err #16 "fuck yeah" crowd.

Keep us posted, great work.

itshappening
11-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah, still winding down a few things

here in the USA, but I was there last month finalizing everything that needed to be done in person.

It takes a while to liquidate an entire life :)

Feels thrilling being almost entirely without possessions.

How are you going to escape the clutches of the IRS? Don't they claim ownership to your worldwide income? Do you need to renounce citizenship to escape them?

thoughtomator
11-30-2012, 08:43 PM
A child born in the US in 1988 would be 24 this year, poorly educated despite a college degree that put him $160k in eternally non-dischargable debt, yet unemployed and unable to feed himself never mind pay off that loan, living at home with mom (not dad, as the parents are, statistically, divorced), and probably has to look forward to getting drafted into some God-forsaken Middle East war (if he's not already fighting it, having joined the military for lack of any other employment option).

In hindsight, the USA wasn't the #1 place to be born in 1988 at all, northern Europe probably was.

daviddee
11-30-2012, 09:38 PM

daviddee
11-30-2012, 09:44 PM

rprprs
12-01-2012, 07:11 AM
My motivation is not tax related. If it was, I would not have chosen Switzerland... I would have chosen some low tax country with much lower cost of living.

My motivations are much more idealist... I searched for a country that met my specifications for freedom (in today's environment) and Switzerland met most of them.
I would be very interested in hearing some of the criteria you used in this search. Might I ask you to expand a little?

oyarde
12-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Nigeria looks consistent .... lol

thoughtomator
12-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Well, the premise is birth, meaning at the time of birth where is the best place for that person. As with everything, nothing is static, and the list changes. I personally believe the cutoff in the USA was about 1992 or 1993, so 1988 was probably fairly accurate. As, at that time, there was a USSR and there were a lot less countries that were available to choose from.

Do I think it can turn around? No. Tipping point has been reached.

I was making a point about how silly a list like this is. You really need to be able to accurately evaluate conditions 25 years into the future to say which is best, never mind actually ordinally ranking as if those numbers have meaning.

BuddyRey
12-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Doesn't Switzerland have VERY strict immigration criteria? I heard that unless you have an illustrious degree or a lot of resources to bring to the table, they won't let you in.

tangent4ronpaul
12-01-2012, 03:08 PM
How are you going to escape the clutches of the IRS? Don't they claim ownership to your worldwide income? Do you need to renounce citizenship to escape them?

Didn't we have a thread here awhile back about the US Gvmt charging something like $450 to revoke your citizenship?

My motivation is not tax related. If it was, I would not have chosen Switzerland... I would have chosen some low tax country with much lower cost of living.

My motivations are much more idealist... I searched for a country that met my specifications for freedom (in today's environment) and Switzerland met most of them.

What countries were the runners up?

-t

MelissaWV
12-01-2012, 03:20 PM
I was making a point about how silly a list like this is. You really need to be able to accurately evaluate conditions 25 years into the future to say which is best, never mind actually ordinally ranking as if those numbers have meaning.

You mean a ranking that grants points for something called "Yawn factor" might not be accurate?!

RabbitMan
12-01-2012, 04:04 PM
A child born in the US in 1988 would be 24 this year, poorly educated despite a college degree that put him $160k in eternally non-dischargable debt, yet unemployed and unable to feed himself never mind pay off that loan, living at home with mom (not dad, as the parents are, statistically, divorced), and probably has to look forward to getting drafted into some God-forsaken Middle East war (if he's not already fighting it, having joined the military for lack of any other employment option).

In hindsight, the USA wasn't the #1 place to be born in 1988 at all, northern Europe probably was.

I don't know. I was born in 1987 and me and most of my friends have decent paying jobs and are living on our own(or with parents out of choice), and if not debt free in the process of paying it off. I also wouldn't say we are poorly educated...to clarify, I believe social and family conditions determine ones ability to be educated, and that has taken a dive lately. I don't know I just resent people that cast blanket statements.

daviddee
12-01-2012, 11:23 PM

daviddee
12-01-2012, 11:26 PM

daviddee
12-01-2012, 11:39 PM

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I think your sig sums up your reasons, actually. Respect, sir. Reeee-spect. We're gonna fight on, here, and I'm sure you will remain with us in spirit.

Anti Federalist
12-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Not something I would discuss in detail on this forum. Vaguely: confederacy, the people are the army (militia), demographics, gun laws, geographical location, mindset, etc.

They have not been involved in a war for 160+ years and that was a civil war. They have been neutral since 1515.

That should cover it.

I envy you, I really do.

I spent a summer in Switzerland as a young teenager, I stayed at a ski resort that had converted to summer operations about an hour out of Lucerne, the base camp road started in little village called Burgwald IIRC.

Fell in love with place, and always thought, that had I needed to leave here, that's where I would go.

Alas, like most of the decent places left to live in the world, they realize that, and have not lost their minds.

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 03:19 AM
1988:
http://www.economicnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/where_to_be_born_in_1988.jpg

2013:
http://www.economicnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/wheretobeborn20130110_irt001.jpg

Its good to see my new home is #1. Feel free to reference this with the America #1... err #16 "fuck yeah" crowd.

Please keep posting from Switzerland. I would love to read updates from there.

vienna
12-02-2012, 05:43 AM
switzerland is a wealthy country. not only of course, but also because they live on the behalf of others.
switzerland wasn't involved in the 2 worldwars. true. but they gladly accepted the money and gold from nazi germany and sent the jews away from their border.
they have created a legal system now which practically allows black and illegal money from all over the world to be harboured in swiss bank accounts.
and because they share a border with the 3 biggest economies of the eu (germany, france and italy) there is a lot coming in.
austria estimates that 15 billion euros of black money alone from austria are lying on swiss bank accounts. and austria only has 8 million citizens.
now imagine what amount of black money from germany, france and italy is bunkered there.
but still ... the biggest amount of money bunkered in swiss accounts comes from ... kongo.
and as a side note ... italian anti mafia prosecuters again and again say that switzerland makes it impossible for them to fight the mafia effectively.
the mafia fucks up italy and especially southern italy. threatens, blackmails, inslaves and kills people there ... harbours the money in switzerland, whitewashes it there and gains even more influence with it.
so ... the wealth of switzerland comes on the expense of others. including international corporations like Glencore which are operating out of switzerland because in their case in the us they are seen as criminals.

daviddee
12-02-2012, 11:23 AM

PaulConventionWV
12-02-2012, 11:25 AM

Quite.

vienna
12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Additionally, you are crucifying an entire nation because of deeds of their bankers. Should US citizens be responsible for Goldman Sachs, JPM, BoA, Blackrock, etc? US banks have been caught laundering money for the Mexican cartels. Caught, red handed, and were made to pay fines.

How about the NY banks that have bankrupted and fleeced South America? How much money from "friendly" dictators was/is flowing through the USA?

Clearly, with the above said, the USA should be damned on the same level. We should go ahead and add the UK to this list for the sins of London Banks.
switzerland decided in popular vote not to touch the bank secrecy and similar laws.
and they decided in popular votes not to cooperate with other countries in regards of the tax evasion/black money situation.

daviddee
12-02-2012, 12:05 PM

vienna
12-02-2012, 12:08 PM
This is extremely damning... I agree.

How could the citizens of a country ever believe that people's bank accounts should be private and that their country shouldn't relinquish their sovereignty to other nations?

Heathens.
because their is a direct correlation between the death of people, blackmailing, torture, slavery and institutionalized poverty and those laws?