PDA

View Full Version : MS-"Sky Cop" mobile surveillance towers set up. The citizens love them.

Anti Federalist
11-30-2012, 06:41 PM
And not a fuck is given.

Of course, I don't fully believe this.

I'm convinced that these "man in the street" reports are biased and edited heavily in favor of cops/surveillance/government.

But for the most part, nobody cares and they embrace tyranny and the surveillance state with a happy embrace.

$20 says these infernal devices were bought by the feds too.

SkyCop offers an extra set of eyes to holiday shoppers

Submitted by Michael Clark
Thursday, November 29th, 2012, 6:24pm

http://southaven-hornlake.wmctv.com/news/news/88624-skycop-offers-extra-set-eyes-holiday-shoppers

SkyCop offers an extra set of eyes to holiday shoppers

As shoppers move through the hustle and bustle this holiday season, there will be an extra set of eyes watching over the crowds in Southaven.

"If you're looking to come down to Southaven to commit crimes, you better go someplace else," said Southaven Deputy Chief Steve Pirtle.

It's called SkyCop - and much like Santa - it's always watching.

"People creeping around the cars when you're leaving and stuff like that, it definitely makes you feel safer with it there," said shopper Winnie McNally. Right now the $50,000 machine is set up at the mall.

But it can move anywhere -- just like the cameras.

There are three of them.

Two for both sides of the parking lots and the other watching over the device.

"I think it would cover a larger area than if someone was just patrolling," said Shopper Camille Paog.

Patrols will still be out guarding the soon-to-be crowded shopping centers, but supervisors can also watch cameras from laptops and cellphones - as well the dispatch center where a call can be put out to a nearby officer if there's a disturbance.

Pirtle said SkyCop is more efficient than a patrolling officer because it's up 24 hours and 7 days a week.

And shoppers say they don't mind the extra pairs of eyes.

This is Southaven's first SkyCop machine, it's already being used in Memphis.

The plan is to keep it here for now, though authorities can move it based on the crowds this shopping season.

alucard13mmfmj
11-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Can't wait for someone to use them for target practice lol.

aGameOfThrones
11-30-2012, 06:45 PM
It's called SkyCop - and much like Santa - it's always watching.

So where are my presents?

sailingaway
11-30-2012, 06:52 PM
They never asked me my opinion.

For the record, it differs.

Anti Federalist
11-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Two for both sides of the parking lots and the other watching over the device.

Terrorism.

Felony destruction of government property.

In abstentia assault with a deadly weapon upon a law enforcement officer.

Forty years ago, yes, that's what would have happened.

Today, not a single shot will be fired.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-01-2012, 08:02 AM
I'd say these are way more effective at deterring crime than police are.

It should be the mall engaging in this though, and not police. Why does the mall get a state of the art, manned security system and not me?

NCGOPer_for_Paul
12-01-2012, 08:22 AM
I'd say these are way more effective at deterring crime than police are.

It should be the mall engaging in this though, and not police. Why does the mall get a state of the art, manned security system and not me?

Agreed. I wouldn't have a real problem with this if it was PRIVATE MALL SECURITY doing the watching from the towers and then radioing police if actual crime was taking place.

Maybe AF would agree with me on this. This whole "fear of crime" thing seems to be a tactic used by "them". It seems like local news covers every crime that takes place and scares people into thinking that they need police 24/7 anywhere and everywhere. When the general citizenry accepts the additional "surveillance", the police start using it everywhere. They've already drilled it into every parent's and every kid's head that there's a sex offender lurking around every corner. I have this feeling that "they" have this idea that instilling fear in everyone's head about the boogeyman will allow them to quietly install a totalitarian state, and claim the people want it.

All you have to do is look at DUI.

BAllen
12-01-2012, 08:26 AM
And, unlike having your own weapons for personal protection, some of these officers may or may not do the job they are supposed to.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-01-2012, 08:49 AM
I have this feeling that "they" have this idea that instilling fear in everyone's head about the boogeyman will allow them to quietly install a totalitarian state, and claim the people want it.

Pretty much. That lady with the quote about people mulling around parking lots... meh. Take your phone out and take a pic of them if you don't like them. You can be your own crime deterrent too.

When actual people approach me in parking lots, they get the "YOU are getting TOO CLOSE to me" look at about 15-20 feet. If they have something to say, they usually do their talking at a distance first.

Like AF said, they always handpick their quotes for agreement anyway.

And, unlike having your own weapons for personal protection, some of these officers may or may not do the job they are supposed to.

I just assume they won't. They aren't there. Even with this, there's just some guy looking at a camera somewhere. Shit usually goes down in seconds, not minutes. They won't be helping you, just watching/recording.

phill4paul
12-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Out town got the upgraded version. A 100k DHS grant bought it for them. Sits down at the local Walmarx or at the Lowes grocery. Used at every downtown event. People says it makes the town look "safe." I say it is a great way to advertise that you have a problem if you need to have one.

http://gulagbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/POL-SkyWatch-2-300x208.jpg

Czolgosz
12-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Cameras are only good at tracking tagged sheep.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Maybe AF would agree with me on this. This whole "fear of crime" thing seems to be a tactic used by "them". It seems like local news covers every crime that takes place and scares people into thinking that they need police 24/7 anywhere and everywhere. When the general citizenry accepts the additional "surveillance", the police start using it everywhere. They've already drilled it into every parent's and every kid's head that there's a sex offender lurking around every corner. I have this feeling that "they" have this idea that instilling fear in everyone's head about the boogeyman will allow them to quietly install a totalitarian state, and claim the people want it.

I do agree and that is an accurate analysis of the current situation.

The fact that violent crime has been declining for 20 years, (surprise, surprise, in direct relationship to how many states and people now have had a certain degree of their RTKBA restored) shows how effective the propaganda has been.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Out town got the upgraded version. A 100k DHS grant bought it for them. Sits down at the local Walmarx or at the Lowes grocery. Used at every downtown event. People says it makes the town look "safe." I say it is a great way to advertise that you have a problem if you need to have one.

People say it makes the town look safe.

Some weirdo on the internet (me) says it makes the town look like a prison redoubt.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2967623823_96edf21ea1.jpg

kathy88
12-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Can't wait for someone to use them for target practice lol.thinking about destruction of Government property. Reported.

Occam's Banana
12-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Damn, you're right! :eek: We're *all* gen-pop now ...

People say it makes the town look safe.

Some weirdo on the internet (me) says it makes the town look like a prison redoubt.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2967623823_96edf21ea1.jpg

Occam's Banana
12-01-2012, 02:35 PM
thinking about destruction of Government property. Reported.

Thinking about "thinking about destruction of Government property."

Reported.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Damn, you're right! :eek: We're *all* gen-pop now ...

And of course we all know how safe a prison yard is...

Matt Collins
12-01-2012, 02:45 PM
I am from this area, it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit that most of the people there are ok with it. Most of the people in this area moved out of Memphis because of crime.

Matt Collins
12-01-2012, 02:47 PM

Actually it reminds me of this -

http://www.elkonvpowmia.org/images/pow mia flag.jpg

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I can't believe that some folks are ok with it as long as it is a corporation doing it. People ..real ones...meaning, living, breathing, walking and talking ones are their own worst enemy. It's almost as if consumerism is lighting the torch that leaves their constitution in ashes. Wreckless.

Are folks so blind as to see their own endorsement of tyranny? Look at what is happening to speech via IP policing by these entities. Look at what has happened with supporting these entities via establishment candidates to not even tell you what's in your food. Look at what is being supported as far as RFID in children in a manner that indoctrinates them to never even learn that they have a constitution. And many more areas of the same meme. I just don't understand. Too much support for what is essentially an illusion of free market by those less informed or concerned with what they are welcoming in is what feeds destruction of liberty in the truest sense of the term.

There is a difference in a free market and a fascist regime. A big one.

heavenlyboy34
12-01-2012, 02:48 PM
thinking about destruction of Government property. Reported.

Thinking about "thinking about destruction of Government property."

Reported.
You're all thought criminals. Reported.

heavenlyboy34
12-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I can't believe that some folks are ok with it as long as it is a corporation doing it. People ..real ones...meaning, living, breathing, walking and talking ones are their own worst enemy. It's almost as if consumerism is lighting the torch that leaves their constitution in ashes. Wreckless.

Are folks so blind as to see their own edorsement of tyranny? Look at what is happening to speech via IP policing by these entities. Look at what has happened with supporting these entities to not even tell you what's in your food. And many more areas of the same meme. I just don't understand.

A mall is a corporation? There's a huge difference between using cameras as a crime deterrent (been going on for decades) and surveilance statism. There is no legal right to privacy (yet). If you want to avoid being recorded, stay away from malls and stores. Order everything on the interwebz.

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
A mall is a corporation? There's a huge difference between using cameras as a crime deterrent (been going on for decades) and surveilance statism. There is no legal right to privacy (yet). If you want to avoid being recorded, stay away from malls and stores. Order everything on the interwebz.

That's always the excuse. Isn't it? Oh, it's always been that way. That's the wrong answer. What that does is attempt to establish and condone the notion that the next generation wasn't able to overcome the tyranny left in place by the previous one and that they shouldn't even bother to speak up for change or to speak up for their own natural rights.

It's not about being recorded. It's about understanding exactly what of, by and for means as our founding fathers left it.

heavenlyboy34
12-01-2012, 03:00 PM
That's always the excuse. Isn't it? Oh, it's always been that way. That's the wrong anser. What thet does is establish the notion that the next generation wasn't able to overcome the tyranny left in place by the previous one.

It's not about being recorded.
What are you referring to? The fact that there is no legal right to privacy? I didn't say I necessarily agree with it. If you want to change that situation, you'd have to fundamentally change the laws from the federal level on down. Let me know when you hire a lobbying firm to get that done. It would be interesting.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Sadly some folks are short sighted in that regard, or figure that "private property" rights trumps all else.

The corporation can tyrannize you just as quickly as the government can.

When the two join forces, as they have now, to subjugate an entire population, watch the fuck out.

Are folks so blind as to see their own edorsement of tyranny? Look at what is happening to speech via IP policing by these entities. Look at what has happened with supporting these entities via establishment candidates to not even tell you what's in your food. Look at what is being supported as far as RFID in children in a menner that indoctrinates them to never even learn that they have a constitution. And many more areas of the same meme. I just don't understand. Too much support for what is essentially an illusion of free market by those less informed or concerned with what they are welcoming in is what feeds destruction of liberty in the truest sense of the term.

heavenlyboy34
12-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Sadly some folks are short sighted in that regard, or figure that "private property" rights trumps all else.

When the two join forces, as they have now, to subjugate an entire population, watch the fuck out.
A mall is a corporation?

Keith and stuff
12-01-2012, 03:09 PM
The greater Memphis area is 1 of the most dangerous regions in the world. There are areas having civil wars which are likely much safer than Memphis is right now. This probably isn't the answer but something must be done in Memphis. The city is in massive decay. I'm not sure how much longer it can last before it becomes a forbidden zone like Detroit, much of LA and much of Chicago.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 03:11 PM
A mall is a corporation?

Yeah, I imagine so, although I would have to look at ownership records to find out exactly.

But most shopping malls are owned by corporate commercial real estate management firms.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
The greater Memphis area is 1 of the most dangerous regions in the world. There are areas having civil wars which are likely much safer than Memphis is right now. This probably isn't the answer but something must be done in Memphis. The city is in massive decay. I'm not sure how much longer it can last before it becomes a forbidden zone like Detroit, much of LA and much of Chicago.

Freedom.

http://policecars.trafficdan.com/PENNSYLVANIA/MONTCO/CentralMontcoSWAT/tank%20002.jpg

http://www.jesuittampa.org/userfiles/image/Other/Career-tank.jpg

http://mnchange.org/images/82.jpg

http://www.thelibertyvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Charleston_APC.jpg

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 03:19 PM

Now, I'm going to get ugly.

(And actually Memphis crime rates have been going down, but it is still a dangerous city)

http://www.cityrating.com/charts/tennessee/memphis-violent-crime-per-capita.png

According to the 2006–2008 American Community Survey, the racial composition of Memphis was:[23]

Black or African American: 62.6%
White: 31.7% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 29.5%)
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 5.0%

And I'll leave now...

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 03:24 PM
What are you referring to? The fact that there is no legal right to privacy? I didn't say I necessarily agree with it. If you want to change that situation, you'd have to fundamentally change the laws from the federal level on down. Let me know when you hire a lobbying firm to get that done. It would be interesting.

Lobbyists? No way. That's like trying to put out a fire with gas. No, sir. Is a battle for the court room. It's not that difficult to loosen the lug nuts of the machine. Just have to have the right mechanics. And we do.

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I imagine so, although I would have to look at ownership records to find out exactly.

But most shopping malls are owned by corporate commercial real estate management firms.

Yep. But that's still not the right direction to go with the discussion so it's up to you if you want to continue with it. I'm not.

I don't know. Like I said. People...real ones...are our their worst enemy. Ask and they shall receive. As your picture pages do reflect.

heavenlyboy34
12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Lobbyists? No way. That's like trying to put out a fire with gas. No, sir. Is a battle for the court room. It's not that difficult to loosen the lug nuts of the machine. Just have to have the right mechanics. And we do.
You should start a thread about this. I want the details.

tod evans
12-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Turn off the federal dollar tap.

All of this shit will hit a crescendo within 60 days and the healing will start..

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I can't believe that some folks are ok with it as long as it is a corporation doing it.

I respect your position, but I'm "more ok" with it because then I can choose whether I pay for it or not.

I'm not under any illusion that it's making me safer, either way. That's my job, and I'm uniquely qualified for it. However, I will say that property I leave in view of those cameras (like my car) is probably more secure.

If it were up to me, I'd prefer neither.

Carson
12-01-2012, 03:44 PM

Might come in handy for keeping an eye on Congress...

maybe even the votes being tallied in Maine and beyond.

What ever happened to the crooks that counted Matt McDonald's neighbors ballots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZMWC7GsNeM)? I wonder if they have one of those now to watch us?

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I respect your position, but I'm "more ok" with it because then I can choose whether I pay for it or not.

I'm not under any illusion that it's making me safer, either way. That's my job, and I'm uniquely qualified for it. However, I will say that property I leave in view of those cameras (like my car) is probably more secure.

If it were up to me, I'd prefer neither.

Yep. Is a tangled web.

Of course, when we start seeing them placed in residential areas and policing the citizens themselves itbecomes a larger aspect of things. Even now, we are seeing these cameras actually barking out orders to citizens to leave the area where these things are installed. Often near the resident's own homes. This is a problem and we have to be careful what it is exactly tht we are asking for. Because we will most certainly get it. There was a video i was watching some place where the resident actually recorded the robot camera ordering her to leave the premises...which were hers in the first place.

We need to think in scope. Not in the short term feel good perspective.

Captain Shays
12-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Terrorism.

Felony destruction of government property.

In abstentia assault with a deadly weapon upon a law enforcement officer.

Forty years ago, yes, that's what would have happened.

Today, not a single shot will be fired.

Ahhh../......"without a shot being fired"......where have I heard that before?

Captain Shays
12-01-2012, 04:13 PM
So what is the best way to take those things out?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Yep. Is a tangled web.

Of course, when we start seeing them placed in residential areas and policing the citizens themselves itbecomes a larger aspect of things. Even now, we are seeing these cameras actually barking out orders to citizens to leave the area where these things are installed. Often near the resident's own homes. This is a problem and we have to be careful what it is exactly tht we are asking for. Because we will most certainly get it. There was a video i was watching some place where the resident actually recorded the robot camera ordering her to leave the premises...which were hers in the first place.

We need to think in scope. Not in the short term feel good perspective.

I hear you. I'm familiar with slippery slopes and, of course, don't like them. Besides DUI, it reminds me of how seat belt laws have been implemented. At one time, it was only a "secondary offense" and now (where I live), people can actually be pulled over because a cop doesn't see a seat belt. I'm pretty sure every cop in the country is capable of not seeing a seat belt if it suits them. They only have x-ray vision when it is convenient to them.

If this were limited to private entities, we'd probably never see them in residential neighborhoods, unless the neighborhoods purchased them and paid for their upkeep. But out in public... let's say areas full of businesses, there are cameras everywhere under private control. That can be a way to curtail police abuse if we get out in front of the issue. But we need to encourage feeds to the cloud so police can't just come confiscate the recording media.

Obviously, I have some mixed feelings on the issue.

tod evans
12-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Defective brakes.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 04:40 PM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/samexhibit/production/images/25043/5c684a8378eb34121a4881c303b9f654390a4274_large.?13 51838527

Of course, that scene was from a riot after some sports collective in Kentucky, won (or lost, who fucking knows).

You'd never get these brain dead assholes to riot about something that really matters.

Or tip over the prison watchtower.

presence
12-01-2012, 04:54 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dww7KKSI1rr60pho1_1280.jpg

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Everyone sing along...

RFID Song by Dr. Katherine Albrecht (http://chipfreeschools.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Katherine_Albrecht_Favorite_Things_2012_remix.mp3)

Is relevant. Nice Christmasy meme too. One heck of a feedom fighter across the board and including this particular subject as well but I never knew she could sing. Go figger.

Like Anti Federalist had mentioned. The people will love them for it. :cool:

Free download here (http://chipfreeschools.com/blog/rfid-song-by-dr-katherine-albrecht.html). As always, freedom is an open source phenomenon. So, do share the love.

tod evans
12-01-2012, 04:57 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2012/10/2012-10-29-montana-ad-anglers-libertarian-surveillance-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

presence
12-01-2012, 04:58 PM
A mall is a corporation?

Simon Property Group, Inc. owns most of the retail indoor shopping malls in the US; about 1/4 billion square feet of space.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Everyone sing along...

RFID Song by Dr. Katherine Albrecht (http://chipfreeschools.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Katherine_Albrecht_Favorite_Things_2012_remix.mp3)

Is relevant. Nice Christmasy meme too. One heck of a feedom fighter across the board and including this particular subject as well but I never knew she could sing. Go figger.

Like Anti Federalist had mentioned. The people will love them for it. :cool:

Awesome.

How is she doing with her cancer struggle?

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 05:03 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2012/10/2012-10-29-montana-ad-anglers-libertarian-surveillance-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

One millisecond later...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_awtafni6vMw/TSkLEuzVD_I/AAAAAAAAEP4/FvoPFVCl_pE/s1600/snow.gif

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Awesome.

How is she doing with her cancer struggle?

She just got through the last bit of therapy. Tough cookie. Went through a tough bit there for a while but still didn't back down from the bad guys.

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Simon Property Group, Inc. owns most of the retail indoor shopping malls in the US; about 1/4 billion square feet of space.

So, instead of spraying silly string all over the contraption all we have to do is take back ownership of our 14th amendment? Jiiiminy crickets. Whoda thunkit? :rolleyes:

presence
12-01-2012, 06:16 PM
How does this apply to the 14th amendment?

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 06:51 PM
How does this apply to the 14th amendment?

Are you asking that in terms of the property rights assumed by the corporation against those actually inhereted by the citizen? Because there are a few ways that can be addressed. You're giving me the amendment but do not say why. If you are willing to specify then certainly i'd discuss it with you. Can even start another thread if'n yuou want. It's actually needed anyway since many here are confused about inherent property rights.

presence
12-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Are you asking that in terms of the property rights assumed by the corporation against those actually inhereted by the citizen? Because there are a few ways that can be addressed. You're giving me the amendment but do not say why. If you are willing to specify then certainly i'd discuss it with you.

I'm confused... you brought the amendment up, I was asking for clarification. Not entirely sure where you're headed.

all we have to do is take back ownership of our 14th amendment? Jiiiminy crickets. Whoda thunkit?

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm confused... you brought the amendment up, I was asking for clarification. Not entirely sure where you're headed.

Oh. OK. Regardless of the monumental brainwashing folks have that it is acceptable that their natural God given rights be defined and subsequently overthrown, policed and administered by corporate interests and by the utlity of (property rights) the corporate interests who in effect do not in any way possess the right of personhood in order to attain property rights, this is not the case. They certainly cannot rightfully remain in the position to repatriat the nation of, by and for the people that they certainly are not in any way and to allow it spells doom for the God given rights of those who do actually eat, breath and sleep.

The Preamble absolutely reflects a Freehold feesimple absolute in it. These are elements of Trust. Not corporate in any way. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fee_simple

Actually, here is a better once over just to save some typing. Every time I type a lot I get logged out and lose the whole post. http://thelastoutpost.com/home.html

Of course, lets not forget Santa Clara County versus Pacific Railroad 1886. http://www.iiipublishing.com/afd/santaclara.html

Corporations are not people in any way regardless of public perception and as such do not inherit the gift of personhood granted by the 14th amendment. They think they do and they sell it like they do but in effect, they don't. As such cannot use this theoretical personhood to benefit from a government of, by and for people and subsequently use those artificial rights to hijack those of the natural citizen.

Which these cameras and other technology clearly do by claiming property rights which they do not and cannot technically attain. Could be said that these are the devices of foreign bodies removed from the rules laid out by our founding fathers and are actually occupying your lands. What's worse is they ask for it. They do so through wreckless consumerism. Which is ironic because it is that premise for which it has become accepted.

In other words, this is the Grinch down in "Who"ville peeing all over the natural "Whos" just because he has them fooled into thinking that he can. Unfortunately now these Grinches have positioned themselves, of, by and for themselves in a manner in which repatriating the country doesn't include any of the rights inherited by the living, breathing "Whos" like our founding fathers left it. And now they've moved from "Who"ville and stolen DC.

Now that's a really quick once over and I've certainly not even covered a small fraction of the notion but I might start a thread on it anyhow just to be a little more thorough accross the board. It way very well equate to the length of a small book though.

Sorry for any typing errors or misspellings but like I said. If I take too long typing, the machine logs me out and I lose it all.

Only people have rights. Including property rights. Unfortunately, they are systematically losing them to what is essentially a device but as I said, there are a few different arguments to be made beyond those few mentioned above and extends to a broad scope of current events across the board.

Was just listening to Charlie Chaplin. He was saying that more than machinery, we need humanity. I agree with that. Humanity is being systematically reduced to irrelevance and repatriation isn't looking to figger on the old of, by and for speak that our founding fathers were so fond of. In fact, neither do many self proclaimed proponents of liberty for the people. At least not the real ones who really have bled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPr7933-0YE

Tudo
12-01-2012, 08:11 PM
HAHAhahahaha "power of pride"! Support your troops! Maybe if we kill persians we'll finally be safe!

Tudo
12-01-2012, 08:19 PM

Hahahaha I nominate that as most favored post of the thread:D

presence
12-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Actually it reminds me of this -

http://www.elkonvpowmia.org/images/pow mia flag.jpg

You know I never even noticed the guard tower before.

LibForestPaul
12-01-2012, 09:03 PM

The cameras do not bother me much. The fact that PUBLICLY funded police, WITH STATE POWERS, are patrolling and even stationed WITHIN private property is what irks me. If the mall wants Pinkertons, pay for them, and keep them with PUBLIC POWERS.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 09:08 PM
The cameras do not bother me much. The fact that PUBLICLY funded police, WITH STATE POWERS, are patrolling and even stationed WITHIN private property is what irks me. If the mall wants Pinkertons, pay for them, and keep them with PUBLIC POWERS.

Meh, regardless of who "owns" them, you're still being placed under surveillance, your face and body profile is still going into a database, and a little bit more of your freedom is lost.

It'll be the "private business" argument that will be used to justify cameras in our homes watching us 24/7.

The insurance companies have a right to do that, don't they?

LibertyEagle
12-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Well, there ya go. All this grant money that Homeland Security has is low-hanging fruit that could be cut by those supposedly looking for ways to save money.

And no, I don't believe for a second that they will.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Meh, regardless of who "owns" them, you're still being placed under surveillance, your face and body profile is still going into a database, and a little bit more of your freedom is lost.

It'll be the "private business" argument that will be used to justify cameras in our homes watching us 24/7.

The insurance companies have a right to do that, don't they?

Most companies wouldn't look unless they need to, and they roll over the footage after a certain amount of time anyway.

Large corps like disney... who knows wtf they're doing. (yeah, I know we have some ideas)

Pointing a camera inside my house is a.) boring. b.) a really bad idea c.) a really really really bad idea if you're holding the camera.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Pointing a camera inside my house is a.) boring. b.) a really bad idea c.) a really really really bad idea if you're holding the camera.
Yeah, but that's me and you.

We're such a small fringe element of refuseniks that we're insignificant.

My point is not to even open that door, or "allow" that private companies can invade our homes whenever they wish.

Because, honestly, using that argument, what is to stop an insurance company from doing that, erecting internal surveillance all over the inside of your home?

And when one does it and shaves .01 percent off the bottom line, they all will.

The banksters won't write a mortgage without insurance, and soon government will start requiring that you buy insurance, regardless if you have mortgage or not.

They've done it for your car, and now your health, only stands to reason that it will soon coming for your home as well, especially when government claims it "helps" you rebuild after a disaster.

And when our merry little band of refuseniks is dead, rendered, or in jail, not a fuck will given anymore.

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM

My point is not to even open that door, or "allow" that private companies can invade our homes whenever they wish.

Because, honestly, using that argument, what is to stop an insurance company from doing that, erecting internal surveillance all over the inside of your home?

And when one does it and shaves .01 percent off the bottom line, they all will.

The banksters won't write a mortgage without insurance, and soon government will start requiring that you buy insurance, regardless if you have mortgage or not.

They've done it for your car, and now your health, only stands to reason that it will soon coming for your home as well, especially when government claims it "helps" you rebuild after a disaster.

And when our merry little band of refuseniks is dead, rendered, or in jail, not a fuck will given anymore.

Well. As I was saying. Consumers are wreckless. They will ask for it and as such then it will become the rule after the infrastructure is in place through such screwy demand. Like everything else.

Is true that those who would trade freedom for security will have neither. The problem is that those of us who do not ask for it won't have either as well.

Wreckless. And they will love them for it.

Was quirky irony that, yes, home owners insurance is conforming as per the ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCBsxSCnDkM

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-01-2012, 10:21 PM

They're all uninvited, and they can try me on that if they want.

Now, I have a lot of shades I keep open because I like sunlight. Funny thing is I can see out of them way better than people can see in. lol

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-01-2012, 10:30 PM

Not sure I adequately addressed that, but they have a problem if they're even in my driveway. It's a problem I'll ask them to fix, and will ask in a polite manner. (these are just working people doing what someone asked them to do... I have no beef with them.) But they better get to fixin because my polite demeanor has a time limit.

Natural Citizen
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Ok. So. Last I checked any desert in some far away land where them thar terists are hanging out, I didn't see any flowers bursting with nectar. Nor flowers for that matter. Just a bunch of sand.

Lot's of flower boxes outside the windows of liberty lovers though. Heck, I have an entire hedge row of butterfly bushes. Planted them for privacy, ironically. So...yeah.:rolleyes:

Coming Soon to a War Near You: Robo-Hummingbird Drones? (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2011/02/18/coming-soon-to-a-war-near-you-robo-hummingbird-drones/)

Danke
12-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Reported, all of ya.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Not sure I adequately addressed that, but they have a problem if they're even in my driveway. It's a problem I'll ask them to fix, and will ask in a polite manner. (these are just working people doing what someone asked them to do... I have no beef with them.) But they better get to fixin because my polite demeanor has a time limit.

I hear ya brother, but here's how it will go down:

You refuse the cameras, the insurance company cancels you, no other company will write a policy because you refuse the cameras and the bank forecloses, or the city condemns your property.

They come to evict.

You tell them, in no uncertain terms, to go away.

They go and tell Officer Friendly.

Him and 100 of his pals show up in a couple of tanks and they surround and burn, shoot or drive you out.

You end up dead or in jail.

Lesson learned:

Never defend a fixed position against the forces of the state.

No matter how many guns you got, they'll bring all that, plus more.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-02-2012, 12:24 AM
You refuse the cameras, the insurance company cancels you, no other company will write a policy because you refuse the cameras and the bank forecloses, or the city condemns your property.

Might be solid advice for some people. In my case, the person claiming to own the mortgage is insuring the home for double it's value on their own dime. I have a fake mortgagor, colluding with a fake insurance company. lol.

Code enforcement has decided they don't want to talk with me, because I asked them questions they couldn't answer, and did so via registered mail.

I'll admit I'm unique, but I know my position, and it doesn't fit a normal description. It doesn't even boil down to guns. I'm using their own fake institutions and structures against them. Plus, the actors have committed fraud in a few different ways. They know I can prove such.

Henry Rogue
12-02-2012, 12:42 AM

Practical joke gone wrong.
While the enforcers survey the grounds from their perch. A redneck wearing a wry smile, craftily backs his fifth wheel up to the trailer. Locks in and takes off at a high rate of speed. The occupants of the tower recover from their stunned paralysis and train their rifles at the cab of their new chauffeur. After a short barrage of fire, they succeed in cutting his trip short, but theirs has just begun. The trailer, tower and it's occupants careens off the side of the bridge, they realise their fate is sealed.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-02-2012, 12:47 AM
The occupants of the tower...

There are no occupants in the tower. Reconstruct your story from there.

Anti Federalist
12-02-2012, 12:55 AM
There are no occupants in the tower. Reconstruct your story from there.

Actually, in the one that was in his post, yes, they are designed to be manned.

The one in my OP was not.

Anti Federalist
12-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Might be solid advice for some people. In my case, the person claiming to own the mortgage is insuring the home for double it's value on their own dime. I have a fake mortgagor, colluding with a fake insurance company. lol.

Code enforcement has decided they don't want to talk with me, because I asked them questions they couldn't answer, and did so via registered mail.

I'll admit I'm unique, but I know my position, and it doesn't fit a normal description. It doesn't even boil down to guns. I'm using their own fake institutions and structures against them. Plus, the actors have committed fraud in a few different ways. They know I can prove such.

Well played sir, well played.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Actually, in the one that was in his post, yes, they are designed to be manned.

The one in my OP was not.

Pretty sure it's optional and they are usually not.

Well played sir, well played.

There's plenty of game left and I expect I'll be on the losing end of more fraud at some point. We'll see.

Anti Federalist
12-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Pretty sure it's optional and they are usually not.

Oh I wouldn't doubt that, just saying they are designed and built to be manned, with gun ports and all.

John F Kennedy III
12-02-2012, 01:49 AM
They never asked me my opinion.

For the record, it differs.

I got my eye on you :p

opal
12-02-2012, 09:13 AM

Duct tape over the lenz?