PDA

View Full Version : Why, exactly, are we worrying about the other candidates "money bombs"?

Sematary
11-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Sure, they stole the idea from us, but so what? Don't we have a campaign to win?

Electrostatic
11-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, and the campaign said they need money now, so if we can...

A. Give them that money, and
B. Demoralize the opposition...

What's the downside?

EvilEngineer
Yes, but from a comparison standpoint its nice to be able to compare their "grass-roots" support to ours. It will make for a nice analysis for articles after dec 16th.

hopeforamerica
And, I think we just motivated them to donate more than they would have. Just a thought. I really hope everyone is going to work hard this weekend and spread some Ron Paul love!

jb4ronpaul
competition is motivating some to donate, seems good

Mani
If the competition entices people to give more, I don't see a problem with that...

Ron Paul Fan
11-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Boost morale! Face it, morale was down during this lull between Nov. 5 and Dec. 16. Now morale is good because we're beating Schmuckabee on his own day! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Morale as Hucks Army on the other hand is at its lowest since November 5th!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-20-2007, 10:23 PM
We ARE winning a campaign! KEEP THE DONATIONS ROLLING IN PEOPLE!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

jpinkerton
11-20-2007, 10:24 PM
They had their own motivations, they were happy to hit the 1 million mark for this month.

As someone else stated, everyone won today, we were able to raise money for the campaign and we were able to beat out their big money day - in a spur of the moment half way through the day - dare I say...half assed...attempt. That's what's so cool about it.

While I was downtown tonight passing out Ron Paul flyers, I checked the stats on my phone, was very cool to see that graph after the refresh nearly double.

me3
11-20-2007, 10:24 PM
We ARE winning a campaign! KEEP THE DONATIONS ROLLING IN PEOPLE!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate
Ohio needs delegate help.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39688

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Ohio needs delegate help.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39688

Yes sir! I'm working with the best!

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 10:27 PM
By beating their money bombs we will obtain the free publicity they would receive if we did not defeat them! To be blunt, every time we defeat another candidate's fundraising efforts we are seen as more mainstream!

Also, it's a great way of motivating OUR supporters to donate for Ron Paul!

curtisag
11-20-2007, 10:28 PM
This is a free market of ideas, just like a free market economy. Competition is the driving force behind an economy, which is a good thing. If someone else donates to Ron Paul because Huckster is getting some extra cash, then that's a big win in my book for the power of competition. Don't knock it.

amberj
11-20-2007, 10:28 PM
because it's fun

Midnight77
11-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Sure, they stole the idea from us, but so what? Don't we have a campaign to win?

It's relative and I'm surprised you don't see this.

Every time we beat their money bombs, that gives us more motivation. More publicity, as well.

Plus, it helps Ron Paul raise more money between now and December 16th ... something Paul's campaign has asked us for, per today's email. Concentrating on our opponent's money bombs is a huge win for us, as part of the overall strategy.

user
11-20-2007, 10:33 PM
On the other hand, if we weren't competing on their moneybomb days, people would have to compare to Nov. 5th instead.

ronpaulitician
11-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Given today's results, I hope there will be more money bombs by the other GOP candidates.

angelatc
11-20-2007, 10:36 PM

I don't think we are, really. It just so happened that the campaign sent out a run-of-the-mill fundraising email today, and it just happened to morph into this.

Jonathon set the tone for making fundraising fun as soon as he joined the campaign. That soon took on a life all its own, and this is just our "whimsy of the week."

The important thing is that we are raising money for Ron Paul to buy ads and to get his word out.